Metabolic Research Center - weigh ins

View Full Version : weigh ins

bbygrl77
09-26-2010, 09:49 AM
I was wondering if everyone goes to the center twice a week to get weighed? I live about thirty minutes from the center, and feel like i get very little out of my consultations. I learn more from this site than i do from my meetings. I am getting healthy for me and therefore don't rely on claps and chears for motivation, not that there is anything wrong with it. I have the same scale at home, so when i walk in the door i already know my weight, bmi, etc. I feel like going in twice a week is more of an opportunity to try and sell me pills. I think once a week is enough for me.

icansucceed
09-26-2010, 11:00 AM
I was going in twice a week but have dropped it down to only once. I always have a little one in tow and typically spend more time in line waiting then I do with a consultant. I like you, already know what the scale will say as far as pounds and at my location they don't do the BMI very often.

hatethesweatpants
09-26-2010, 11:40 AM
One thing I haven't budged on is going in twice/week for my weigh ins. At this point, I am more knowledgeable than a few of the consultants, but it really keeps me accountable to know that Tues/Fri are my weigh in days no matter what. I'm with you; I don't get a ton out of the consultations, but it keeps me on track mentally. Just my preference!

Joy2MeNu
09-27-2010, 09:18 AM
You know, I really felt in the first 5 months, when I dropped the most weight, that those visits twice a week were really good for me and I liked the accountability it provided. And I still think I would benefit greatly by doing this again, as I have slowed so much and began to venture out to other foods and so forth, so as I begin to hit it the plan hard again as of yesterday, I intend to go back to twice a week, but if you don't need to, you DON'T need too. And you don't have to!

I know that because of those regular visits, and at that time I was keeping a regular food diary, I was able to see some moments when I ate something not on plan and wouldn't have realized it if not for the consultation! My center is not pushy on supplements, so that didn't enter my mind.

Fab4two
09-27-2010, 09:52 AM
I live 50 minutes away from my center so I only weigh in once a week as well. I just got back on 'strict' plan this past week as well and was down 3.5 lbs Saturday. I forgot how exillerating it is when you have a great loss for the week. It is a great sense of accomplishment!

One thing that helps me is my weekly motivation schedule:
Saturdays- WI
Tuesdays - Watch Biggest Loser
Thursday - Center staff call me for a check in
Saturday - I start all over again!!

I haven't been good about posting for several months, but have been reading a great deal of the posts. I agree that this site is a wonderful source of support, information and motivation!

Everyone have a great week!

two