Weight Loss Support - Looking for support, a slap on the hands, and a little motivation

boatingmommy
10-23-2002, 06:06 PM
Hey all of you happy dieters! I have been on this web site and off it again for the past couple of months. I have been lurking, but need to get back with a group. I orginally weighed 245 three years ago. I lost about 55 pounds before I found this site. Then the comeraderee that I found here helped me lose about 25 more pounds. So...with a little added back on I am at about 170 pounds. I would like to lose thirty more and I KNOW I CAN DO IT!!! But it is sooo much nicer if you have someone to do it with.

My dieting downfalls are that I have developed a terrible sweet-tooth as of late. I also work full time and only have from about 6 to 9:30 p.m. to excercise. Is there anyone out there who has the same troubles??? I know that the only way to lose it is to quit making excuses and JUST DO IT!!! So...I hope to hear from some others who can relate to SQUEEZING the excercise in.

Also, I am heading for Disney next June with the WHOLE family. It really would be nice to fit on the rides and be able to wear comfortable clothes on the trip. I am going to use "me at DisneyWorld" as my visual reminder that I am working toward a weight loss goal.

Tah Tah for now!

Boatingmommy:cool:

Amarantha2
10-23-2002, 07:39 PM
Boatingmommy!!! :wave: We are loaded with comradarie at the Scary Halloween Challenge and Punkinseed hath promised to put up a Turkey Time Challenge next week so we can continue the holiday hijinks!!!! Thou wouldst be welcome to hop on at any time ... even with a minigoal for Halloween as a jumpstart!!! But whichever group thou choseth, hope thou findeth the kind of support that is just right for thee and good luck on the journey!!! :balloons:

Amarantha2
10-23-2002, 07:42 PM
P.S. I DO relate to squeezing in the exercise. It's actually great fun to be creative and find ways to get things done and do my exercise also. Tomorrow it'll be a housecleaning/weight lifting workout instead of just my regular Thursday weights. I'm behind on cleaning, so will lift the broom, sing, run in place and lift some dumbells in between cleaning moves for about a half hour, then just finish cleaning the normal way!!!! It's fun!! :jig:

gigglez
10-24-2002, 11:06 PM
i too have trouble gettin in the exercise but thank goodness for those workout viedos. that is the only way i get to do exercise and of course keepin up with my son when school is over and i am home from work. that is one quality workout

Apple Blossom
10-29-2002, 12:24 PM
hey gigglez,
what exercise video do you use? I've tried a few and I can't get into them. I'm thinking if I can find one I actually enjoy I might get a regular exercise program going....:crossed:

gigglez
10-31-2002, 12:45 PM
apple blossom, i have been using a d. austin ab workout it has 4 10 sectins in it each one is totally devoated to the abs. seeing how childbirth has helped it all go south. i would like to get in tibo but havent got a tape yet but soon will. good lucking. if u find anything worthwile out there let me know