Mini-Goals - NSV - Can't even call it resistance!

SeaWave
09-24-2010, 05:24 AM
Last night, I went out for supper with the girls from work. I've been on sick leave since January, and our last get-together was in July so we haven't seen eachother in a while. A time to celebrate!

We went Italian. I had grilled veg with chicken and risotto - didn't eat all the risotto. But my NSV comes in a dessert time. I'm known for my love of tiramisu, and when I declined desert I had people offering to split one with me. And comments of 'But there's tiramisu!'

Weird thing was, I wasn't particularly full (which I would have been had I had pasta), but I didn't feel like I was being deprived of either. Just didn't feel like it. So although I'd like to say I had the personal strength to resist, there was no resistance involved.

So I guess my NSV is that my taste buds are cooperating?!?

ETA: PS - must have done something good, because weight went down from yesterday, and I expected it to go up because of the night out!

dewdrop1970
09-24-2010, 08:53 AM
what a great NSV! I have noticed the same thing myself.

Also, another thing I've noticed that if I am going to have something that isn't as healthy as other choices, I am VERY particular in what I will eat.

For example, last Saturday my kids only had a few minutes to eat lunch between marching band commitments. They said "McDonald's!". I was like, "Eh, no thanks." Big NSV for me.

Onederchic
09-24-2010, 01:12 PM
Awesome!

GreenTeaYum
09-24-2010, 01:14 PM
That's a great NSV! Desert at restaurants are one of my biggest weaknesses too- they are just soooo good. My fave is the ice cream sundae with brownie.

It's totally worth missing out since the scale didn't go up the following day. :)

islandchick1
09-24-2010, 01:42 PM
:bravo: you're rocking it girl :cheer2: WTG on your NSV!