Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Default Giving Myself a Good Shake

...to knock all the dust off.

Hey, chicks!

Last night I was a wreck. I came here, whined, and got a lot of tough love and caring support, as usual (thank you!). This morning I feel much better. I accept that I've been off track for far too long. It's time to establish new goals and new plans to adapt to my new location and new lifestyle.

I have narrowed it down to FIVE things that I need to accomplish every day. Hardly a lot to ask of myself, is it?

1) Go to bed at 10:30pm (or earlier.) No more staying up 'til 3am watching tv and mindlessly eating.
2) Get up at 7:30am. Stop dragging myself out of bed at 8:30 so I can get to class by 9:00. That's just silliness. And the hurry, hurry, hurry of the morning stresses me out.
3) Do a twenty-thirty minute workout DVD from 7:30am-8:00am.
4) Eat 1500 healthy, tasty, calories a day. No more. (This is my BMR.)
5) Spend 30 minutes on the Gazelle every night after work. It's only 30 minutes. It won't kill you.

There it is. My plan. Two daily workouts, a restricted diet (but not TOO restricted), and a more reasonable sleeping schedule. I will do this plan. I have to do it. I have to do SOMETHING, anyway.

I'm excited. Today my only expectation of myself is to only eat 1500 cals. The rest comes into play tonight and tomorrow. I plan to follow this for a week. Then re-evaluate if I need to. It's only a week. Seven days of such a simple plan. I can do this.

Wish me luck, please!

Thanks, everyone. You all rock my socks off.
Shifterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/216/130

Height: 5'4

That sounds like a great plan, and you are absolutely right to take it one step at a time so that your not overwhelmed. Good for you and Good Luck!
creative mom of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #3  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Cheers, cheers! It sounds like a good plan. Keep us posted!

Last edited by calluna; 09-23-2010 at 12:19 PM.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote