Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 09-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 14st6lb/12st12lb/10st0lb

Height: 5foot1

Default 2 ingredient recipes

As there's a recession on and I'm skint I was wondering if anyone has a favourite recipe with very few ingredients? Today I made chapattis which were only 2 ingredients, flour and water, great with dips as I was craving crisps.

Ingredients
200 g wholemeal flour
75 ml warm water

Method
1. Sift the flour into a medium bowl and make a well in the middle of the flour. Pour in the water and mix to make a dough. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 -8 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place back in the bowl, cover with clingfilm and leave for 10 –15 minutes.

2. Divide the dough into 6 to 8 balls. Roll out each ball on a floured surface to make a thin pancake about the thickness of a 50p piece.

3. Heat a dry frying pan until hot and cook each chapati over a medium heat, turning after 30 seconds or so. Cook the second side for 1 minute until it begins to puff up, then turn over and cook the first side again, pressing down lightly with a spatula for another 30 seconds. wrap it in foil to keep warm.

For the sakes of my cc I omitted the butter that you traditionally smear all over.
mrstanyagregory is offline   Reply With Quote