Old 09-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/150

Height: 5"6'

Unhappy Not feeling so great

Ugh!! I'm not feeling so great today. I think reading about other people reaching there goals or losing 45lbs in 2months is discouraging me somewhat. I know that my losing 20lbs in 2 months is considered pretty good and a nice normal weight loss, but being stuck at 212 for the last 2 wks has really got me feeling discouraged. I know that losing weight take times, its not going to happen the same for everyone etc etc. I think I just need some encouragement. I'm kinda feeling like the weight is never going to come off and but then I lose a lb or 2 and I'm motivated again. I'm just sick of this yo-yo of emotions any advice or stories would be helpful
Missinternational09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/ticker/125

Height: 5'8

I dont want this to be in any way me attempting to even slightly sound like, "go me!!!" or i know in the past i would have seen my sig (i feel ive had the luck i have lately b/c i gained so much weight so insanely fast) and if someone came in a thread i had during this time period and i'd be all, "pleeeasse" but then again that's me! I had the hardest time for nearly 3 weeks straight in only the 3rd week of the start of this diet. It drove me batty, and i *knock on wood* have had a lot of luck since. Again, as you already see, its so individual, and that can be really frustrating b/c you can be busting total and complete a$$ and not see that "drop" and that stupid scale become way to much of a determining factor.
So for 3 weeks straight i was stuck. Then for 2 weeks straigh i consistently lost. I'd been doing so pretty steadily for the better part of 2 months-hitting a slower point now, but as i did in the past i am going to try to weigh in less for that reason. It was hard to not either a) try to keep decreasing my calories or b) binge. (i'm well very all or nothing). There are a million things to do and try, and the best thing is to find what you feel YOU can stick with best, b/c thats the be all end all imo.

Hang in there, and again you deserve serious congrats for your accomplishments already!

Last edited by cataclysmic; 09-22-2010 at 05:13 PM.
cataclysmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

giiiiiiiiiiiiiiirl i feel u! i started in November, lost 8lbs. Gained 2 back over the holidays, then recommitted in January. Lost 6lbs in the first 2 weeks, then GAINED them all back week 3, without making any changes in my routine. Lost 3lbs week 4, and then lost steadily 1-1.5lbs a week until I had lost the first 20. I then maintained for a month or 2 before getting back to losing. Or that was the idea. I have been OP, eating 1200-1500 calories with very few cheats (1200 ended up being too low), exercising 2-5 a week (sometimes only 2 bc of a back injury) SINCE JULY!!! And I've only lost 3lbs.

but, there's no way i'm going back! I am not going to quit, even if it takes 5yrs to get to my goal because this is about a lifetime of being happy with my body. You don't want to hit 30, 40, 50 still feeling helpless, do you?

What's your diet like? And are you getting exercise? Are you drinking a lot of water? Do you eat a lot of processed foods? Do you pay attention to sodium intake or carbs? Just trying to get a sense of where you are in your journey!

please don't get too down on yourself. You're right, every body is different, and weight loss takes a while. But the rewards are plentiful and excellent, if you can stick with it!
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/150

Height: 5"6'

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasha12 View Post

but, there's no way i'm going back! I am not going to quit, even if it takes 5yrs to get to my goal because this is about a lifetime of being happy with my body. You don't want to hit 30, 40, 50 still feeling helpless, do you?
I cook all of my own food. I usually end up eating chicken breast or fish but added buffalo to the list lately. I drink 80oz of water a day and the only seasonings I use are sea salt, pepper, and other no salt seasonings. I cheated on my program but all I ate was reduced fat wheat thins.

It has been my TOM and I know that plays a major role in a weeks gain or lose. My center told me that TOM or me being sick this week could be the reason for the lb gain. I mean I recognize that it was only a pound but ugh i didn't want to gain it. I'm back 100% on program now and starting to exercise

shasha12: You're right. No matter how long it takes me I'm going to continue on my journey. I dont want to feel this same way at 30 or even 20 for that matter. I'm going to control the scale and not let it control me. It's my journey and it wouldn't be mine if it was like someone elses. thanks so much

Last edited by Missinternational09; 09-22-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Missinternational09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:58 PM   #5  
Reducing

S/C/G: 161.4/143.0/130.0

Height: 5'3"

Firstly, 20 lbs in two months is amazing! Congratulations.

Secondly, do you have a cat? I do, and when I buy her kitty litter it comes in 20 lb. jugs, and they are really big and heavy. Now, when I get discouraged with my weigh loss, or feel like things are going way to slow I think about the giant jug of kitty litter, and how I've actually removed that mass from my body, and it helps. So the first thing you should do, is find some kitty litter, and lift it up, and hopefully that will put things in perspective.

I've lost a little over 30 lbs, but it's taken 9 months. It's less than a pound a week, and many weeks I don't lose at all, but you just have to stick with it, and know that if you do things will start to add up. Just be patient with your body and try to do the best you can for it. It will happen.
Ms GenghisCohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #6  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I can certainly understand your frustration but let me tell you, 20 lbs in 2 months is awesome!!!! I've been back at running for over 2.5 months now and have only lost 7lbs. It will come off eventually but you have to think of it as a complete lifestyle change. That's what DH and I keep reminding ourselves. It's not a race but something we need to do for the rest of our lives and eventually those pounds WILL go away. In the meantime enjoy those 20lbs that have gone away never to return again. Maybe pick up a new outfit to enjoy the new you or make sure to take before and after pictures so you can SEE the difference.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

you are doing so great!
Measure your food and get a good food scale if you don't have one and move more or up your intensity of you WO. no need to worry, you have figured out how to maintain this weight...time to move on and figure out what the next change has to be.
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

You are doing awesome! I started my journey on March 1st, and while I have had very few gains, I am losing at a slow but somewhat steady pace. I am down 31 lbs in 6 months (averaging just over a pound a week.) I can feel that this is really becoming a lifestyle change for me. I've been trying a lot of new, healthy recipes and its really helping me to stay on track.

You'll get to where you want to be. Just keep in mind that it will be easier for you to maintain your loss if you take things slow and really adapt to your new lifestyle.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #9  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missinternational09 View Post
I cook all of my own food. I usually end up eating chicken breast or fish but added buffalo to the list lately. I drink 80oz of water a day and the only seasonings I use are sea salt, pepper, and other no salt seasonings. I cheated on my program but all I ate was reduced fat wheat thins.

Please do me a favor? And look into other spices. That chicken breast is going to get OLD FAST if you are only using salt and pepper! And Mrs Dash, or whatever other "no salt" ones you are using, but... expand! It'll be SO worth it! I love me some rosemary chicken! Or even chicken marinated in some "free" kraft zesty italian... amazing! And it only adds 20 or so calories to the dish, if that. Those "free" kraft dressings make tasty marinades! (The asian sesame is good in stir-fry!)

And you are doing AWESOME. Every time I get like that (like last week, ) I go to the goal photo album and look at some before and afters, and I'm good. You WILL make it, we just all have different paces at which we make it...
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210.5/160/130

Height: 5'3"

did you save any of your old clothes. try them on when you get down, it feels great seeing how loose they are. it took me a year to get where i am and some days/weeks were easy and some are hard. about once twice a month i get bad cravings.i would have to find a healthy alternative to fit my diet. after a while things like working out and eating healthy get so routine that i don't feel like i'm dieting. also, make small goals for yourself. looking at the big picture can be really frustrating and so far away. 10lbs goals are quicker to get to and when you get there set the next one. your next goal could be to get to the 100s-onederland. and you are not that far away. good luck to you!
skinnyby25 is offline   Reply With Quote