Old 09-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242.6/198.8/145

Height: 5'4''

Default I dont know what to do...

I need help and i am so lost.....i cant get back on...i wanted this so badly and i did so well for the first 6-7 months,lost 48 pounds but for the past 3 months i cant seem to get back on ..i will do good for a few days then fail, then i will tell myself i will get back on tomorrow, then i blow it, then i tell myself its still in my extra 35 points a week but then i go over it and then im up 1-3 pounds by the end of the week....

im exhausted from this cycle and i just want to get to my goal weight of 180 by the end of the year but i just cant get myself there....what do you do when you just cant get yourself motivated again..i am by far ready to get this weight off but its so hard for me
Phoenixsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:15 PM   #2  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I wish I had advice, but I'm feeling the same way. I wanted to comment so you wouldn't feel alone.

I'm going to maintain the weight I've achieved no matter what happens, it's just getting the motivation back to keep losing.

I wish I had the wisdom and the answer your looking for. I'm going to try changing up my routine and maybe changing my eating habits as well. I hope we can both keep at it!

I notice we have similar heights and goals, maybe we could be accountability buddies? I've only had one once, and she gave up despite my pleading to stick with it. I hope she makes it someday. Maybe I'm not the best buddy, but maybe we could help each other? Just a thought.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242.6/198.8/145

Height: 5'4''

That sounds great, i need something or someone holding me accountable, i dont want to let anyone down and i feel if i had to "answer" to someone it would help me stay with it
Phoenixsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #4  
Am I skinny yet?

S/C/G: 173/*ticker*/145

Height: 5'8"

I, too, have been feeling the same way. I'm sick of it, but keep doing it anyway. For me, it seems I always have and excuse to splurge. My mom's in town buying us dinner....or friend's in town for celebration....or football tailgating party. Not only am I not loosing, I'm not even really maintaining anymore...the pounds have crept up a little bit. Aahh! I've also been less active. I think it's because I'm in school and working so I just want to sit on couch when I get home. Sigh.

Anyway! I signed up for the Biggest Loser thread right behind you, Phoenix, so hopefully that will help motivate! We can do it!
GenetJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:26 PM   #5  
Looking forward

Height: 5' 6''

Hey ladies, I stumbled across this thread and thought I would join to offer some encouragement. I haven't posted on 3fc in quite a while but I want to make connections with people so here we go!

For me, I was off track for about 2 months, 1 month being just eating whatever and whenever I felt like it. To be honest, it was great! I had a lot of fun and even though I put on about 8 pounds during that time, I didn't regret it. That is NOT to say just throw in the towel and give up! It's to say I understand how hard it is to get back on track, back on the wagon, back on the horse, WHATEVER it is we need to get back on!

I have found for me personally, if I am having trouble getting back on track focusing on ONE thing a day is the move in the right direction. I know when you are stuck in the pit of lack of motivation and despair even thinking of one thing to do is tough so let me offer a list of suggestions that I hope will help:

*Drink more water throughout the day
*Move for at least 10 minutes (usually once you get started you want to keep going)
*Focus on portion control even if you don't count every calorie or point (notice a mention of 35 points so I figured Weight Watchers (which is what I am doing as well)
*Do some stretching
*Eat ONE healthy meal and take every meal after that on one at a time
*Take a deep breath
*Remind yourself that this WILL NOT happen quickly and just accept that (I have to remind myself of that all the time, so that was not meant to sound harsh, mainly it's for my own rememberance )
*Go for a bike ride
*Play with your pets
*Look up a new healthy recipe
*Write one goal and the steps to achieving it (I find creating a map makes the journey less scary)

Not a huge list but it may jump start your thinking and help you move forward. Remember to learn to love yourself now because no matter how much weight you lose, if you do not love yourself now you will not love yourself thin. Think of all the great qualities you have.

I know that people are all motivated by different things and motivation is the hardest machine to keep in motion. But YOU CAN DO THIS!

I hope this wasn't too preachy or anything like that. I just know exactly how you all feel and since I have been feeling GREAT even after just TWO days of being on track I want to spread that feeling to others and help them on their journey. I hope this has helped in some way.

Jade235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

That's what I would suggest also, Jade. When I say to myself: man, I've been eating terribly, drinking no water, not exercising.. I just spiral further down. Usually when I'm that far off course, everything in my life is suffering.. I'm in a slump where the housework has fallen by the wayside, I'm usually depressed and not focusing on myself in any manner..

That said, I've been there recently. And I'm not currently on plan exactly by ANY means. But what worked for me to start crawling up out of the hole, was to take care of me. I used my special beauty items (body/face washes, masks, etc.), I took my dogs for a walk to spend time with them and clear my head, I declined social invites if I felt overwhelmed at that time. I decided my priorities at this moment are myself (if that means a pedicure, or taking the time to put on makeup everyday or tanning, or what have you), my homework (I'm taking a full course load and working full time, I have to prioritize to fit it all in), and my family (husband and dogs).

I'm an emotional mercurial person, so I don't know if I'd ever call me particularly stable, haha.. but focusing on me has brought me way up. Now I'm trying to make the dog walks nightly (3 times this week so far), I'm concerned with how I look again so I'm staying hydrated and it just keeps expanding.. My schedule is still full, so I might not make all the gym workouts I'd prefer to, but feeling better about myself has a way of snowballing.

For now, my little evening walks and plenty of water are my major goals. I'm always keeping an eye on my food, but I'm not going to beat myself up if I eat a mini brownie a rep brings in (i.e. precisely what happened this morning, lol). I'm not going to be bent out of shape because I had hours of homework to do and didn't make it to the gym.

So I guess the sum of my advice is: list your MOST important priorities, and as long as those are satisfied, you've been successful. You can of course modify that list as time progresses.. when I'm not snowed under with HW, the gym will be more of priority.

And two, don't overhaul everything over night. Jade's list is an awesome start.. pick something and stick to that. What I keep telling myself is every little change is a building block toward this whole lifestyle change.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

Something I've had to learn is that motivation dies. ALWAYS. Motivation can get you going on this journey, but it's not what gets you to your goal. Persistence and commitment get you there.

Sometimes you aren't motivated to go on that walk, sometimes that cookie looks really good and you aren't motivated to chuck it. The only way you'll get to your goal is to do the hard stuff because you owe it to yourself, not because you're all gung ho and fired up.

I struggle with this A LOT. But I say to myself, "I DESERVE this walk. I OWE it to myself to eat this healthful meal."
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #8  
Looking forward

Height: 5' 6''

I agree with what Venus said as well. Even though I talked about motivation, I should have expanded beyond it because it DOES fail eventually.

I definitely agree with telling yourself you are WORTH the effort being healthy takes and once you build your new habits, you won't feel the need for motivation as much I think.

Keep up the good work Amanda, I'm sure your dog appreciates your efforts as much as you do!
Jade235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Height: 5'6"

That's basically how I felt.. once I was making myself look prettier and feel prettier, it wasn't such a stretch to know I am totally worth it.

Thanks, I know they do! That's one of the things I always feel guiltiest about when I get in a woe-is-me slump... my Schnauzer is happy regardless, he's 7 and just an ol' momma's boy. My Doberman is only 3, and one big bundle of energy. She is immensely happier when the walks are consistent
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #10  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfVenus View Post
Something I've had to learn is that motivation dies. ALWAYS. Motivation can get you going on this journey, but it's not what gets you to your goal. Persistence and commitment get you there.

Sometimes you aren't motivated to go on that walk, sometimes that cookie looks really good and you aren't motivated to chuck it. The only way you'll get to your goal is to do the hard stuff because you owe it to yourself, not because you're all gung ho and fired up.

I struggle with this A LOT. But I say to myself, "I DESERVE this walk. I OWE it to myself to eat this healthful meal."
That's fantastic advice. Thank you.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:06 PM   #11  
kmward

S/C/G: 270/240/150

Height: 5'7

HI,
I dont have any advice for you, i wish i did. I am posting because I am in the same position. I do the exact same thing. I will do well for a couple weeks and then give up. Then it takes me forever to get back on track. I am currently trying to get myself back to doing what I know i need to do. I just thought I would let you know that you are not alone. I struggle with the same thing every day. Hopefully we can all work together to keep eachother on track. You are way ahead of me and doing great! Keep up the good work!
kmward is offline   Reply With Quote