View Poll Results: As A Child, Which Was Your Favorite Outfit To Dress Up For Halloween:
Ghost 0 0%
Witch 1 9.09%
Dracula 0 0%
Ballerina 1 9.09%
Black Cat 1 9.09%
Pumpkin 0 0%
Bunny 0 0%
Cinderella 2 18.18%
Something Else was My Favorite 4 36.36%
I Never Went Trick Or Treating 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 07:00 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies....(#62)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 10-22-2002, 07:09 PM   #2  

Don't forget to go back to #61 and read the last few posts there!!!
Old 10-24-2002, 06:46 AM   #3  

Good Mornin'

Everyone must be real busy!!!! I wanted to post before I left for Florida. Hope everyone has a great weekend...we'll be home Sunday night around 10:30.I'm all packed!! I have to get dressed and then at 8:20, Mom will be here to take us to the airport!!

Gayle....... I'm leaving it up to you to make sure everyone is good while I'm gone for 4 days!!! (Tough job...huh? LOL)

I got a private message from a woman named Jan.She asked if she could join our group!!! She seems so sweet! Hoefully she'll post today.I know that everyone will give her lots of warm welcomes!!

Love & Hugs,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

I'll miss ya'll!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2002, 07:35 AM   #4  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning girls

I'm all packed too!! I'm so excited about this trip. My hubby seems kinda pitiful this morning, but I do think it will be good for us to miss each other. My brother still doesn't believe we are coming, he said he would believe it when we step off that plane. We are going to Jacksonville Beach to spend the day tomorrow. They have lots of things planned for us, so doesn't seem like we will getting much sleep...LOL.

Gayle....I guess you are the BOSS again. I know you can handle it!

Got to run and be at Sherry's by 8.00. Love you guys...Take care.

Hugs... Debbie
Old 10-24-2002, 09:18 AM   #5  
Losing it!

I meant to post before you two girls left for your trip. Have a WONDERFUL time and I will try to keep this crazy group in line. It seems like everytime you go, we have a few MIA's.

Jan: If you happen to read this, feel free to join our little group!!!

Okay girls, where are you at??????? Please post soon so I will stay out of trouble. You know how that Sher gets!!!!

I am planning on making chili or veggi stew today using the veggi crumbles in place of the beef. I will let you know how it turned out.

Shelley: How's the tum???? I'm worried about you!!!!

Have a great OP day!!!! Love, Gayle
Old 10-24-2002, 11:18 AM   #6  

AAHHH geez I missed saying good bye to you Sherry and Debbie. I wish you a wonderful time. Debbie I hope you get to know your brother even better.

Jan welcome to our little group. You will love it here.

Gail I have used the veggie ground and you can't even tell.

gtg

DEE
Old 10-24-2002, 05:28 PM   #7  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

LOL - I admit I'm not up on the banter in here - I was thinking for a long time that OP was OPTIMISTIC! I guess that fits, too. The better you feel - the better you eat, right?

Brand new Indian restaurant opened three doors down from where I work and I went to look at the lunch buffet. I figured that with all the sauces and an entirely unfamiliar cuisine - I'd better skip it. Nope, they had two fat-free entrees and a beautiful mixed salad bar. So I stayed and tried a little bite of everything and *kazowie* it was good!

A little afterburn from everything, but entirely tasty and mild enough. Guess Pintu knows that newbies are going to have to develop a taste for the hotter specialties. Can't wait to try it again. He's going to change the buffet every day but always have two ff foods, plus I talked him into a lighter menu for people like us.

(Once I know some of the names for the foods - I can check my Restaurant Confidential and Doctors Pocket Calorie Counter.)
Old 10-24-2002, 09:54 PM   #8  

Hi to everyone. I emailed Sherry and "asked" to join your group. Please be patient with me. I am very new to the internet and email.

I am trying to lose 25 pounds. I have done everything from WW to Atkins to Ballys. It always works for a while and then I lose motivation and quit and every pound I've lost suddenly reappears. I am looking for support, motivation, friendship...and hopefully, the thinner me (with a lot of work / effort on my part) will reappear.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:10 PM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Okay, you guys...I've been wanting to do it for YEARS and I finally did it! I bought a Bowflex! My sweet son just spent three hours putting it together.

It came with a REALLY regimented diet program - optional, of course! It gives you a specific list of foods, brand names and all, that you can eat. The first two weeks, you eat 1200 calories based on choices from the list. The second two weeks, you eat 1100 calories, and the third two weeks you eat only 1000 calories. You can either stop at the end of six weeks, or you can cycle back to the beginning of the plan again and do it for another six weeks.

The water requirement is going to be REALLY tough! You start out drinking 4 - 32 oz. bottles of water per day, and by the end of the six weeks, you are drinking 6 - 32 oz. bottles of water per day. That's something like a gallon and a half! I'm going to try it anyway...I will have to really space out the water so that I don't have to leave my room every ten seconds to tee-tee!

And Jan, welcome to our group!
Old 10-25-2002, 09:23 AM   #10  
Losing it!

WELCOME JAN!!!!!!!!!! You have happened on to a small group of women with the same goal, to live a happy and healthy life!!!! Other then helping with weight loss, you will find that you will make a few treasured friendships along the way!!!! I am one of the "old timers" and am original to the thread. Never feel that any question is to silly to ask and always feel free to share any info that has helped you with your weight loss journey. Again, a hearty welcome to you!!!!! Just in time for Halloween, we needed some new blood!!!!

Jen: Good luck with the Bow Flex, let us know how you like it!!!

Dee: You were right!!!! I used the veggie crumbles and no one knew!!! I even asked Hubby after the meal if he noticed anything different with the stew. He did not, so I will continue to use them. Basically my stew ended up being all "free" veggies with just the crumbles added in. I let it simmer all day in the crockpot. I am going to try chili next!!!!

Well, I am off for another day of it!!! I am taking my Mother to the Doctor today, we had a bit of ice over the past few days and she has a tendancy to lose her balance and fall. Okay, RAMONA, VICKSTER, DEBYJ and a few of you others..... stop the lerking and post!!!!!!

Rusty: I have never tried Indian food, sounds yummy!!! I am not very adventurous when it comes to my food!!!! Speaking of adventure... did any of you catch the last fear factor? I actually had to turn the channel, before I knew it, I was gagging, getting ready to get sick. How can those people do the things they do????

Have a GREAT OP (on plan) day!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gayle
Old 10-25-2002, 09:55 AM   #11  

Ok Gayle now you made me curious!!!!!! I missed fear factor what was it about? By the way I love the ground round in chili.

Welcome Jan to our group. It won't be long before you get to know everyone.

Jennelle I am not familiar with bowblex. Could you tell me what it is? Good luck. Sounds kina tough drinking all that water. I love water but that's quite a bit.

Well I am off for my morning walk. You all have a grrreat day.

DEE
Old 10-25-2002, 01:38 PM   #12  

Welcome Jan!! We are glad to have you. We do all have the same goal--be healthy and happy!!

Jennelle- Lucky you! My brother had a Bowflex years ago, but never used it. He ended up selling it for practically nothing. Good luck with it! How's school going??

Sherry and Debbie-Miss you both---but I know you are here in sunny Fla. where I am. Wish I was close enough to see you!

Gayle-I hope your mom didn't get hurt too much when she fell! I wouldn't know what it's like to have ice on the ground!

Dee-How is your mother doing?

Rusty-I've never had Indian food either. Does it have a lot of curry in it?

I am going to try my best to jog tomorrow. Wish me luck! My tummy is still acting up---I think I need to start wearing diapers! I can't even make it through the night anymore. I hate this!!
Old 10-25-2002, 03:12 PM   #13  
Losing it!

Shelley: I'm glad your maybe feeling a little better!!!! I guess I talked in circles.... I went with my Mommy to the Doctor today because of the ice. I had to hang on to the little ol' lady so she wouldn't fall! I envy you with the whole ice thing!!! I told Steve that I want to move anywhere that I will never see another snowflake!!! We have ice so bad here over the Winter months that at times the roads look clear, but there will just be a clear thin layer of the stuff, and before you know it your slidinggggggg everywhere!!!!

Dee: They had the group chew & swallow two glasses of live worms each!!! Then they had to reach in and carry with only their mouth, mouthfuls of the wiggly things to a separate bin. I decided to brave it and told hubby I was fine watching.... midway into the second chew.... I almost lost it!!!! NO AMOUNT OF MONEY on this earth would ever get me to do such a thing!!!!

Okay... who are the two that never got to go trick or treating?????
Old 10-25-2002, 05:12 PM   #14  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

Waah - my emotional development is stunted. I never got to trick or treat. BUT - we had Halloween parties for a few years before life got too complicated. We bobbed for apples and pinned the tail on the donkey and my Momz always made me a costume.

One year she made me a turquoise satin dress with seed pearls and a hoop skirt, with lace all around.

When I wore it to school for Halloween - I was so excited til we started parading up and down the aisles in each classroom. The hula hoop in the hem of the skirt wouldn't fit between the desks so I had to *horrors* tip the skirt up on one side to walk thru. Good thing Momz had made me lacy bloomers to wear beneath. I was still mortified!

Shelley and Gayle: When my boss and I walked down to Pintu's Indian Palace - we both admitted that we didn't have a clue - had never tried Indian food. Then after we'd tried a bit of everything Steve asked Pintu if it was curry that made the sauces so spicy. He said *curry* means sauce in Indian, just like salsa means sauce in Spanish. (Jeez, I didn't know that!) He said the sauces have twenty or so spices in various combinations to get the Indian flavor.

I don't eat HOT anything - mild salsa and maybe a pepperoncini once in a while is it. I was impressed that the foods had lots of flavor and *warmth* while not causing a three alarm fire on my tongue. I'd recommend it to you, if you get the chance to try it. There were quite a few vegetarian and lighter meals on the menu, too, including some made with a homemade cheese and cooked into entrees like tofu cubes. It was lovely.
Old 10-27-2002, 10:35 AM   #15  
Losing it!

It's true!!!! You guys do like Sher better!!!!
I am going to get one big butt chew'n from the ol' gal!!! Everytime she leaves and puts me in charge, you gals go MIA on me!!!!!
Closed Thread