Old 09-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default *Quick Weekly Chat Sept 20th-26th*

The weekly chat has become too intense for me to keep up with but I miss you girls so I thought this would be a good altnerative... This is a quick chat, check in, post less than a whole 5 page paper type of deal... I read way too much in law school and would just like a little less commitment then what the weekly chat has been lately.

I've been Ohio for awhile now and I really have started to like it here...school is killer though... I wouldnt call it hard...yet...but its just a lot of work and a lot of commitment... I've stuck between 154-156 but I havent been totally on plan for awhile... good thing is I haven't gained weight... I just cant lose it lol

I hope everyone has a fabulous week
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:30 PM   #2  
Crabalocker Fishwife

S/C/G: 323/ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi! I haven't done any of the weekly chats before because whenever I get on them I feel so lost! Must also be the impatient girl in me. lol. I'm usually on the 280s thread, but no one's been posting over there!

Ohio! Never been there. I'm from New England, born and raised. It's so beautiful this time of year, I love it. Cozy sweaters, apple picking, pumpkins, warm cider, fall foliage...just so nice.

I'm right around where your heaviest was, so you're definitely an inspiration. I'd say 154-156 isn't a bad place to plateau for a bit--I'm totally jealous! You'll kick it eventually, though. And yeah, at least you aren't gaining anything!

As for me...I'm going to try harder this week to stay on track with not just food/exercise stuff, but school and other responsibilities too, because I've definitely been slacking in all areas. :3
taliee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Hi Haley!!! I'm like you. I got behind a little bit last week and there's way too much to try to catch up on.

I ran my first 5K today!!!! I did it on the treadmill and walked a couple times throughout....but I walked for 5 minutes, ran for 20, walked for 5, ran for 10 (where I hit the 5K length) and then walked the rest to round up an hour.

41:27 with the walking....not too bad. I was very proud of myself and completely dripping with sweat! haha
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Am I allowed to participate in both if I keep this one brief? Chele, what have you done to get to the 5k point? I'm doing c25k but I always end up starting over because at points I'll have gone way too long between workouts to feel like I've built up any stamina.

I've really just slacked in general in terms of activity. I just don't have enough hours in a day! I know, I know, lamest excuse ever. My one and only goal this week is to make myself a priority and get those work outs in.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Amanda ~ I've been really bad this summer.....but I used to just try to run for as long as I could. When I started, I was doing like 5 minutes jogging, 5 minutes walking....and then just gradually worked it up to longer amounts of time. I still don't think I'm anywhere near being able to run for 3+ miles straight without any stops, but I'm hoping to eventually get there someday.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/Ticker/135

Amanda my activity is through the roof...my eating habits have been subpar... of course you can participate in both and keep this brief...I just feel bad bc in the other chat I have no time to read everything or keep up and post...so this was my compromise
HaleyisLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #7  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

hello im still alive!

...you better believe it im still alive...And im GLaD xD
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #8  
Motivated Chick!

S/C/G: 224/224/200

Height: 5'2"

Ooooh, I will join this thread... I am procrastinating as we speak. I have to submit a thesis proposal like yesterday. I have one hour and 30 minutes left... I feel a little lost, but I am drinking water and not eating candies, so thats something!
miriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:37 PM   #9  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Haley, I love it I can't read all of what's going on in the weekly chat, so this is awesome

Icon - glad to see you're still kicking
Chele - way to go on that 5K!!

I need to curb my eating (and drinking, what...). I did hike 12 miles yesterday. I took today off because my calves are sore as all heck, and I went to happy hour, but I had 2 glasses of sangria, garlic shrimp and 3 sausages, so I'm really okay with my decisions. I've been chugging water like no one's business and back to the gym tomorrow before Minneapolis on Thursday. Woo hoo.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:00 AM   #10  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliee View Post
Ohio! Never been there. I'm from New England, born and raised. It's so beautiful this time of year, I love it. Cozy sweaters, apple picking, pumpkins, warm cider, fall foliage...just so nice.

That's exactly what Ohio is like right now, too... Except today, when the high is supposed to be 86.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleyisLove
I've been Ohio for awhile now and I really have started to like it here...
Akron isn't so bad. Have you gone to any games down in the new stadium? It's so pretty!

And I'm hoping to start at UofA come winter semester, but... I don't know when I'll have time. Darn my full time job. Sigh. I don't have a free weekend day until December and alllll of my evenings are full too, save one this week and 2 in 3 weeks. I need to start school so I can be more structured!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/185/153

Height: 5'6.5"

I'll be promiscuous and post on both

Congrats on the 5km!!! I am around the 40 min mark as well. I have an 8km coming up in less than 6 weeks which I am excited about!!!

Today is weigh in day and I am down 2 lbs!!!!! That is awesome. Part of my was worried I would balloon up to the 190s again, but I am 187.8. And no longer obese. Just overweight. 31 lbs to go until I am a healthy weight. At first that was daunting, but right now I feel pretty inspired. My process and not being perfect and still eating the things I enjoy is working.

Having minimal booze definitely helps and I am happy to keep it out of my life right now. I feel like things are way to busy to loose time as the result of drinking.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!

Hayley, seeing your ticker is such an inspiration!!! Keep it up!
Risssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:09 AM   #12  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

I like this idea! I found it hard to keep up with the other thread too. I never have a whole lot to contribute.

Haley - I still find you awesome!!!
Icon - Nice to see you again!
Stella - I've missed your posts. You always make me giggle!

I got up a little early today and threw together a vegetable beef soup in the crock pot. Pretty excited about it. The best part is that I will be able to freeze some for quick, healthy lunches for me and for the little one.

They say Fall starts tomorrow, however it is supposed to be in the 90's again tomorrow. I am ready for sweater and boot weather!

Last edited by jenn33082; 09-21-2010 at 09:10 AM.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #13  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Ooh. I always forget I have a crock pot...I should use it this weekend to make some soup.

I kind of failed with meal planning for the week. I was on the phone with my BFF last night while I was making (what I thought) was lunch/dinner for today and tomorrow. Then as I was driving to work this morning I realized I only made 2 sandwiches instead of 4...whoopsies. I guess I'll be going out to lunch today after all. I blame the sangria. And my father, since that's who I was complaining about on the phone.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 258/229.2/160

Anyone have any good crock pot soup recipes? I've never made soup in it.. seems like things would get too smushy for my liking. But I'm always willing to give it a try.

I made myself drop everything last night (which wasn't too difficult, considering everything consisted of dishes and laundry ) and take the dogs for a walk. It was shorter than I'd have liked, only about a mile, but it was a walk, and good for the dogs, too. If I could just get caught up on homework and my house and life, it would be so much easier to schedule gym time. I need to make it a priority, I know, but I'm sure you guys know how that often doesn't happen.
AmandaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:09 PM   #15  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

HEYYYYY LADIES!!!!!!!!!! Great idea, Haley. I don't have as much time to post anymore and always feel bad about not having time to address EVERYONE.

I know I haven't been around lately. Same ol' crazy work schedule business but I have really missed 3FC and really need the support. I've pretty much been maintaining between 177-185 and I'm ready to kick it. I'm back to 5 days a week at the gym and getting my eating back on track.

There's been a lot of beer involved as of late.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

And a quick shout out to my girls - I've missed you all and am very glad you're all alive.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote