100 lb. Club - What kind of scale do you have?

View Full Version : What kind of scale do you have?

Lnoelparis
09-20-2010, 04:50 PM
I was reading a post by time2lose and how she just bought a new scale. It got me thinking that maybe I need a new one too! I have been browsing around the Internet, looking for a good scale. I have a Healthometer that is digital and it's about 5 years old. I think I would like to replace it.

I saw some nice glass looking ones, but I just have this awful vision of being too heavy and it shattering and glass going into my feet! :fr: LOL...isnt that so stupid? :D

So what kind of scale do you currently have?

duckyyellowfeet
09-20-2010, 05:01 PM
I have a Taylor scale. It is glass and no, it has never cracked :)
I'm moderately happy with it. But it was inexpensive, $22 at Target.

beerab
09-20-2010, 06:03 PM
I have a Taylor scale too- a cheapy digital one that cost me like $10 but I like it.

caryesings
09-20-2010, 07:01 PM
no home scale. I don't want to be tempted to step on it. I weigh in once a month on the same balance scale at the Y branch that I swim at.

fitkristi
09-20-2010, 08:07 PM
I just bought one by Weight Watchers and I like it (so far!)

Teresa66
09-20-2010, 08:25 PM
It's a Health-O-Meter (I think that is the name). Bought it at Walmart for about $35. It's glass and looks nice in my bathroom.

TJFitnessDiva
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
I have a glass WW one :)

Rochester
09-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Health-O-Meter that was about $20 at Wal*Mart. When I was looking to buy one, several things I read said to not spend the extra money on ones that measure body fat because they are rarely accurate. Simple and basic is all you really need.

Scilla
09-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Digital.

southernbelle102
09-21-2010, 01:16 AM
I have a healthometer glass scale. I am a lot heavier than you are and I have never cracked it haha:D

oOPeanutOo
09-21-2010, 01:22 AM
Mine is a Tanita Digital glass scale. It's never missed a beat and I've had it for 3 years now.

HelenMay
09-21-2010, 01:30 AM
I have a glass one and I like it because it is so easy to keep clean - just a tiny amount of glass cleaner. The bottom is a silver color. I don`t like anything that is white or has crevices where dirt and dust can get in because over time (and I weigh myself every morning because it keeps me so focused) it oxidizes and turns yellow and the dirt is a pain to get out.

mkat321
09-21-2010, 09:16 AM
$28ish black digital health*o*meter from WM. It's been allot more accurate than my former scale, which was $$$ one from Bed Bath and Beyond.

DaughterOfVenus
09-21-2010, 10:22 AM
I have the cheapest Health-O-Meter glass digital scale at wal-mart... I think it set me back 17 bucks maybe. I love it. It seems to be very accurate. It gives me the same reading over and over again, even if I move the scale around.

time2lose
09-21-2010, 10:37 AM
I got the EatSmart™ Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Backlit 3.5" Display and "Step-On" Technology (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=scale&x=0&y=0) from Amazon. I have the EatSmart food scale and like it. I saw good reviews of this scale here and it is highly reviewed on Amazon.

I like it so far. It was $28.95 and qualified for free shipping.

Here is a video review (http://www.amazon.com/review/R15FLE7YQUJVGE?ie=UTF8&videoPreplay=1).

Lnoelparis
09-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Thanks for all your replies! I was leaning toward more expensive with bells and whistles, but it seems the consensus is to not waste my money on anything too expensive.

southernbelle- Thanks for the reassurance. The glass ones look so delicate! lol..and I have never stepped on one, so I guess I need to get over it! :)

HelenMay - I hadn't thought about that. Now that you mention it, yeah a white scale is hard to keep nice. I think that's why I am looking for a new one. Mine is just icky- EVERYONE in our house uses it! And the kids don't care if they have dirty feet before they step on it! yuck..

I may head to WM or Target this weekend and see what they have, because I know I am not going ANYWHERE near Costco and their evil sample carts! uuugh!

Have a great OP day everyone!

ChrissyBean
09-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Not sure what kind it is. It was $30 at Walmart though. It's digital, showing weight in .5 lb. increments.

DaughterOfVenus
09-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Yeah, I think the bells and whistles are just money rackets. Mine weighs me accurately, to the tenth of a pound, and it cost dirt. I wouldn't spend money on a fancy one.