Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 09-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #1  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Default 30 day shred post cesarean...

Anyone else done the 30 day shred after having had a c-section?

With my first, I started the shred when she was about 9 months old. It never hurt in my incision site and was a great workout- I lost a ton of inches with it. I was no longer breast feeding at that point...

With this baby, I had her in July and she's about 2.5 months old now. I just tried the shred today and pushed through the first workout. It is a great workout, I really felt the burn, but my incision does hurt a bit. Just curious what anyone elses experience has been with it-- is this too strenuous of a workout this soon after major surgery? My doc has cleared me for exercise and said to just listen to my body but I'm not sure what my body is telling me here haha
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #2  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I've never had a c-section or done the 30 day shred, but I think if your incision is hurting then you should probably back off a bit. When your body hurts like that that's its way of saying "too much!"
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220.6/tick/135.0

Height: 5' 5"

I started 30 day shred when my baby was 9 months old too!

I wouldn't do it if my incision hurt. I think you should just walk and keep it low key and then try again at 5 months and see what happens.

I hated it when my incision hurt - I found it unsettling and a little scary!
lindalee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

Height: 5'3"

never had a cesarean, but I'm a huge fan of not having any pain.

If it hurts, give it a break and maybe go easier on it when repeating again in a few days. Your body talks to you for a reason. No need to make it talk to you any louder imo!
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #5  
Lorie

S/C/G: 280/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

I've had 2 c-sections and will have a 3rd in January. My doc cleared me for exercise after 6 weeks and told me about the same think your Dr has told you. Listen to your body. If it hurts or becomes very sore, you should stop. Due to the fact that you could still rupture and throw a clot (not likely, but possible). I would suggest starting with a lighter workout, and move on little by little as you don't feel pain in your incision area! Good luck!
glenlorie is offline   Reply With Quote