Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W Halloween Challenge Week 3

View Full Version : W.O.W Halloween Challenge Week 3

jcatron243
09-20-2010, 11:05 AM
Good Morning everyone. Week 3 is here!!!

I didn't do a great job last week at keeping my goal of working out everyday. But My dang recovery comes first. Today I am planning a nice workout, I am going to test my body to see if running is a good option. If not I will pop on the elliptical. Then I will hit the steam room for about 20. I am loving the steam room!

This week (depending on my arm) I am going to get in at least 5 workouts.

The scale is still hanging at that 5 pound loss so the cortizone isn't making me gain. :)

W 80 oz
E 30 minutes cardio
E 1500 cals
D finish up with my organizing. write out meals for the next two weeks and match them to what I have availble in my house.

jcatron243
09-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Quick popin to post my workout went well. I did a light jog for 35 minutes and ended up feeling great. Then the steam room but only for 15 minutes. Water is going in steady.

emiloots
09-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Hey Ladies -

Vacation was nice - and too short as always. Had a nice time with an extra day off work today to get the house together and spend some time with Dan. He's off to NC tonight until friday for work so I'm flying solo this week. We talked over vacation and decided that we're officially going to start trying for #3 - I'm excited and nervous at the same time. 3 kids in full-time daycare is no small bill and we'll definitely be very very tight but it'll be worth it to get the baby years done with.

Weighed in at 165 this morning, not as bad as I thought it would be. Hi and welcome to all that have joined since I checked in last and a big hi to all my girls! I'll try and catch up on the posts soon.

W - 64+
E - P90X
E - On Plan
D - finish organizing the basement, get the recycling out and read a chapter or two from my book

shasha12
09-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Hi ladies :)

Had an "off-plan" meal with my honey last night, and I was Thanksgiving full after. It was PAIN. I usually don't do that, I'm not sure what it was about, but I'm journaling when I get home later to see if I can figure it out.

Also, I just found out I have a wedding to go to in Nov! I went to my friend's wedding back in May, and everyone was all excited about how great I looked (had lost 20lbs). A lot of the same ppl are going to this wedding, and I want to be at or within 5 pounds of GOAL!!! It might be unattainable goal because I only have 7.5 weeks to lose 15-20lbs, but at least I have a tangible deadline and maybe that will provide some motivation. Last time I got in shape for a wedding, I quickly got out of shape right after the wedding! Not happening this time!! wish me luck

W: 2 gallons
E: Hour cardio + circuit training, stretching for the back
E: 1500cals
D: Plan meals and journal to figure out last night's painful indulgence. Post here more :D

jcatron243
09-20-2010, 08:23 PM
Yay Emily for baby #3!

I am so frustrated and I don't know what to do. My nephew hates school, which is so sad. So it is an ordeal to get him to do his homework. On my days off I have him after school. Our rule is snack, then homework. When the kids are at my sisters she refuses to help with homework. She thinks that I am trying to raise overacheivers. I usually counter that statement with the fact that I want my kids to acheive. I hate to do it but I think Makenna is going to have to go to daycare afterschool just so she can get her homework done.

Sorry about the rant I just spent over an hour trying to help him/get him to do his homework which should have been done in 10 minutes.

mtiger
09-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Okay...Oh my goodness. Where has the time gone. I have been so busy with school starting and dealing with home issues. Can't believe it's been this long. Well, I am still holding around 175, still working out almost everyday and working. Trying to get into a routine that works right now. Haven't found it yet. My ex will not be going to NC, but he did get his old job back today. He will be getting more $$ than unemployment. That's good!!

I really need to move forward in my life and I feel stuck...in so many ways. Hold on gang ..it could get bumpy. I am going to try to be more consistent with posting, gonna gt back to a good schedule and hoepfully some new beginings are coming my way. We shall see.

SeaWave
09-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Jeni - at least the cortisone is working and allowing you to do your work-outs, and isn't making you gain; that must be a relief (it was for me when steroids didn't make me gain during chemo)

Emily - expanding the family, that's so exciting!

Shasha - you may not lose all of it, but then again you might surprise yourself - go for it!

Jeni - hang in there! I think homework discussions are probably some of the most difficult around!

mtiger - I'm sure new beginnings are coming your way - that's just the way life works! Meanwhile, keep us in the loop!

Well, I was right -- spent most of the day on the phone with medical team, and trying to eat right. Good news is that they've told me I can push through the edema and keep on exercising!
W-64 oz - yep, this was fine
E - exercise - um, a teeny tiny bit
E - follow menu - yep! and Yum!
D - Declutering! and 15-min zone - nope, not today

jcatron243
09-21-2010, 06:25 AM
Hi guys.

Working today. I found out last night that DH's grandma is watching the kids before and after school on days I work :) It will work for now, I just hope it keeps on working.

W 80 oz
E find something to do, no time tonight for gym
E 1400 cals
D have a good day.

mothermavis
09-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Jeni, my MIL used to watch mine. After some rough spots, she got that my kids were to be raised my way. She loved them and me enough to respect that. Stick to what's important and give in graciously if there is something else you can compromise on, but not the kids!

Emily, congrats on working for #3.

Mindy, missed you!

Sea, glad you got the go ahead!

Me. ugg, tom has moved me up almost 3 #, PO'd about that, but if I stick with it, should leave the same way it came!

W 100
E Running after work, had to skip this am. Old dog is diabetic, has to eat all his food to work with his shot, can't leave him for the day til he does, so missed the gym this am. Will hula hoop while I watch the Yankees tonight to make it up
E OP
D God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them. author unknown That's dreams ladies, not jeans! Mavis!

spingirl9
09-21-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi ladies,

Whoops -- Yesterday I posted in the previous week's post. Sorry about that!

Shasha: that wedding is such a great thing to work towards! I'm sure that you will surprise yourself with the killer progress that you'll be able to make in that time.

Emily: congrats on the decision to grow your family even more. So exciting.

Yesterday was my best day so far, especially exercise-wise. And when I hit the gym hard, everything else seems to fall into place.
W: 85 oz (Goal = 64)
E: 600 burned (Goal = 500+)
E: -500 calorie deficit (Goal = -400-600)
D: ehh. Had two extra snacks -- one in the afternoon and one at 10 PM b/c I ate dinner at 5:30. Still gotta work on this one!

shasha12
09-21-2010, 01:01 PM
emiloots, yay how exciting!! a new baby :)

mtiger, new beginnings are what it's all about. that's the only way we learn, grow, and change for the better. it's only up from here my friend.

jcatron, how very frustrating about your sister. i never really understand why people are intimidated by excellence. must be a huge relief that you have someone else to watch the kiddos!

seawave, good news there, glad you're cleared to exercise!

mothermavis, i hate TOM! i always go up a little anywhere from 1-2 weeks beforehand. so frustrating. good news is, you know it's just bloat... i know, i know, that's not much of a relief. sorry!

springirl, congrats on the great workout and the good day yesterday. I hope to take a cue from ya today!

Thanks for the support everyone :) yesterday was productive, i did my work out, and made sure to move my body any extra amount that I could. Because of my back injury, i don't work. my back has progressed to where I could work, but my honey wants me to get completely healed before going back. Lovely man. i typically workout and then spend a lot of time resting, but yesterday i stayed on my feet much more than usual, no doubt burning extra calories. My back was pretty tired last night, and pretty sore today, but not unbearably so. It's encouraging, and I hope to stand/walk as much as possible today too!

Hope to stretch a lot today to limber up for acting class tonight.

W: 2 gallons (only got 1.5 yesterday, going to push for the full 2 today)
E: hour cardio/circuit training + stretching for the back
D: I am wonderfully talented! I will accomplish my goal! I will accomplish my goal! I will accomplish my goal!!

have a good day all :hug:

spingirl9
09-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Shasha: you should listen to your honey! Healing is so important. Great job staying on plan yesterday -- you did fantastic!

WillsAngel
09-21-2010, 05:02 PM
Hello Ladies!!

Mothermavis--HOOLA HOOPING!!! That is awesome!! The last time I tried to hoola hoop , it just bounced off my hips and @$$ before falling pitifully to the ground.

Emiloots - congratz! I love babies so so much.

JC - good work with the jogging!! still rooting for you for the PT

springgirl - you are gonna WOW them at the wedding good for you!!

shasha - you are blessed to have such a supportive husband. How on earth do you find time to drink 2 gallons of water??? I am doing good to hit my 64 oz.

W- dragged myself out of bed at 1:00 pm, slept until then so am just getting started - but water was the first ting i reached for so that is super goal for me!!
E- rest day - may do some walking but probably not - extremely heavy TOM - had to call in sick to work
E - right on plan with my 1500 cal
D - just surviving today

emiloots
09-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Hey ladies -

Starving today! Probably cause all I've had is a PB&J at lunch and a latte - going to try and get in a healthy dinner with the kids tonight. Thanks for all the baby encouragement, can't wait!

Jeni - hopefully the arrangement with your MIL will alleviate some of the problems with your sister. It's hard to assert your wishes about your children to family - so much easier to do it with people who are unrelated!

Mindy - we're here for you!

Seawave - glad you can work through your edema

Mavis - that 3# will be gone in no time, I always gain a lose a lot right around TOM

Spin - good job hitting the gym hard!

Shasha - acting class sounds like fun, have a great time

Will's - hopefully your TOM eases up a little and lets you function, just curl up on the couch and take care of yourself today!

W - 64+
E - walking with the boys tonight or P90X
E - <1400 cals
D - work on decluttering some more (cleared out the basement on Monday, it felt soooo good!)

mtiger
09-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Real quick post here..squeezing it in during BL. Love this show. I have been mad the last few days because I keep gaining. Checked the calendar and TOM is coming around Friday...hopefully. It kind of has a mind of it's own these days...pre-menopause.

Hopefully I can check in better later in the week. I am getting hit wiht after work meetings and tons of errand etc. Yikes!!

mothermavis
09-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Morning all, flying around like a crazy woman!

W 100
E Elliptical tonight
E OP, lunch will have to be salad or soup, nothing made.
D Breathe!

spingirl9
09-22-2010, 10:32 AM
Gmorning everyone! Happy first day of fall!

Yesterday was good, although I wish I could push just a LITTLE harder on the calorie deficit goal. I feel really comfortable at a deficit of 300 per day, which is good b/c it keeps me from feeling deprived and bingeing. That's why I have got to keep pushing the exercise!

W: 104 oz (Goal: 64 oz)
E: -308 deficit (Goal: 400-600 deficit)
E: 333 burned (Goal: 500 burned)
D: Just two snacks (Right on goal, yay! Drinking tea helps)

Sorry, busy AM, more later! Keep the good work everyone!

jcatron243
09-22-2010, 10:48 AM
:wave: Hi hi everyone. I'm trying to keep up on posts and personals but I am falling way behind. I'll get back here when Tommy is in school. and I have time.

Will is loving being back at work :) he was able to get out and actually work yesterday. I am glad that he is happy.

Tommy did an awsome job at swim lessons. It finally clicked and he was able to swim breath arm bubble arm (aka freestyle) for 15 yards!!! I am so proud of him.

In an effort to get my routine into working out while Tommy is at preschool, I am going to go for a quick run this morning, then go back and hit the elliptical and a steam this after noon.

W 80 oz
E what I wrote above 60 minutes cardio/ 20 minute steam
E 1500 cals
D wash the linens

MamaP
09-22-2010, 10:57 AM
:wave: Hi hi everyone. I'm trying to keep up on posts and personals but I am falling way behind.

Yeah . . . me too . . . I am waaaayyyy behind.

shasha12
09-22-2010, 02:01 PM
hey all! quick post, sorry no personals!

Did well yesterday, but my back is sooo sore and tired! not injury pain, so that's encouraging. I'm training with my PT today, but beyond that I'm going to stretch and rest. Maybe if I feel better this evening, I'll do some more walking.

W: 2 gallons
E: PT and stretching!
D: Scrubbing the kitchen today

WillsAngel
09-22-2010, 02:59 PM
ugghhh ate 2 boudain sausages for lunch - and I know it was because i didn't eat breakfast because it took an hour and a half at the dr's office just to get a pt/inr finger stick - then had to do grocery shopping - bad mix, hungry and pissed off!! Will stick to fresh veggies for the rest of the day. good thing is, i feel like crap which means I won't do that again!!

W-64oz
E-gym - 20 min cardio and weight training
E- 2 boudain sausages and veggies
D- got knocked down but I got right back up!!

shasha12
09-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Plans were cancelled last min, i doo have time for personals!

spingirl, how the H do you calculate what you're burning?! that is some strict attention to detail, i'm super impressed.

jcatron, how exciting to watch your little one in the pool! my niece is 3 and I love the little triumphs and firsts I get to witness :) i think it's good that you're attempting to get into a preschool routine.

willsangel, i truly am blessed, he's a wonderful guy. and, i can't always drink 2 gals, but i definitely drink at least 1 gal. i'm always thirsty! don't worry about your sausages, sometimes those little slip ups help us stay on track. at least u recognize what was happening and why, and you can prevent it going forward.

mtiger, i HATE tom. he's not particularly mean to me or anything, but that guy seems to always be around the corner.

emiloots, acting class is always fun! hope you got a good dinner in!

:hug:

KimL1214
09-22-2010, 04:02 PM
WillsAngel~ Ugh, no breakfast always spells trouble for me...

mothermavis, MamaP~ :wave:

jcatron243~ Congrats to Tommy on his swim lessons, and congrats to you for getting an early run in!

shasha12~ How did PT go?

spingirl9~ 300/day is a pretty good number, how many calories do you aim to take in a day?

mtiger~ TOM is creeping up on me as well and is starting to show on the scale. I loved TBL last night!!!

emiloots~ How did you do at dinner last night?

SeaWave~ Glad to hear you got some good news from the medical team!

LONG weekend... followed by crazy 20-somethings TBL stats = me not being able to post any personals for quite a while... sorry :^: I didn't eat as poorly as I have in the past at my sisters, but didn't do as well as I had hoped either. It helped that my sister got on board with me on Saturday and Sunday, but there was last minute planning on Friday night due to my nephews football practice. They have an AMAZING pizza joint, and while I ate much less than usual, I still ate more junk then I should of. That mixed with TOM moving in has definitely shown some scale movage (I don't think that's a word, but I'll go with it...) in the wrong direction...

9/22 & 9/23 WEED

W~ 100oz H20
E~ GYM!!!
E~ Stay w/in WW points
D~ Min. 8 hours sleep!!!

SeaWave
09-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi everyone! I haven't posted in a couple of days, so here goes!

Jeni - Great that your son is learning to swim. They have such an air of discovery and excitement at that age. I never got to learn, but it's on my list of things to do.

Mavis - I love your quote - mind sharing? I really need that reminder right now.

spingirl - It's nice after working so hard that things are starting to fall into place. I must say, though, that I can't imagine tracking as closely as you do!

shasha - You have a treasure for a husband! It's nice that your back is getting better and that you have noticeable improvement. I think you're wise to continue to be off work.

WillsAngel - I'm so glad TOM seems to be over for me (chemopause, likely to turn into menopause). I'm curious as to what kind of boudin you eat - apparently there are many, although I only know the blood pudding kind. Haven't had any in years and years, though.

Emily - I'm jealousj - my decluttering isn't going quite as strongly as yours is.

mtiger... ok... there seems to be a lot of TOM posting going on. Have you all synchronized or something?

Kris (MamaP) - I don't think anyone always has time to do personals; I know I certainly don't expect it from everyone. I'm just happy you pop in!

My WEED is looking like this:
W-64 oz - this seems to have been problematic the past couple of days, so I'm keeping a closer eye on it
E - exercise - did some dancing and some strength training - yay me!
E - follow menu - so far, so good
D - God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them. author unknown

mtiger
09-22-2010, 08:50 PM
176.6 today. TOM will hopefully take few away. Did BL bootcamp tonight..always good for the butt. I am hoping that starting back with some DVD's will jumpstart my wieght loss a bit.

jcatron243
09-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Hi everyone!

My Physical Therapy was finally approved. I start friday :)

Seawave, we have so many opportunities for outdoor activities that involve water nearby my kids need to know how to swim. We started both kids at 3 and a half. Makenna is now 7 and on our Y's Swim team! Tommy has been taking lessons for a year, and is finally focusing on swimming. (he doesn't like sitting still.)

Sasha~glad your getting in your PT.

Kim~Eating less than normal, especially when you are out is a big thing! good job.

Mindy~I hope the tapes jump start it for you!

Makenna's first swim meet is on Saturday. I have to miss it because of work :( I hope she beats her times from the last meet.

W 80 oz
E morning run and steam, I have to grocery shop while Tommy is at school.
E 1400 cals
D relax today.

KimL1214
09-23-2010, 12:40 PM
jcatron243~ YAY!!! Glad to hear your PT has finally been approved!!!

mtiger~ What other DVDs are you going to try?

SeaWave~ I like your quote! Where did you get your dancing in?

TOM is officially here, cramps and all, UGH. My doctor has told me that it's actually better to exercise during TOM as it will often help calm cramps and since I used to take BC to control my cramps and no longer do... I need as much help as I can get. Gym didn't happen yesterday due to passing out at home after school, so the plan is to really KICK my butt today. Already at 50 oz. h20 today... more then yesterday (sad, yes)...

WillsAngel
09-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Hello Hello
Feeling a bit better but still fatigued to the bone. back on track today

W- 64 oz then some
E- Zumba class and weights
E- 1500 cals.
D- I am starting to have a shape i think :-d

jcatron243
09-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Yay, 40 minute run (ended up at 3.5 miles) steam room for 25 minutes.

mothermavis
09-23-2010, 10:43 PM
Seawave "Weight loss is hard, maintaining is hard, being fat is hard, pick your hard. "

emiloots
09-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Hey ladies -

Long day - Dan's still in NC until tomorrow night. Connor has balanitis ('downtown' infection) right after I got home from the doctor with him Desmond got sent home from daycare with a high fever. Went to the doc with Des but they couldn't find any obvious cause - he's still running around 101-101.5 even with tylenol & ibuprofen. Seriously, when it rains it pours apparently! So, I'm off work tomorrow again with both of them. Needless to say my eating has been all over the place today. I'll try and catch up with personals later, just thought I'd check in and vent :)

SeaWave
09-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Mindy (MTiger) – TOM always had me gaining 3-5 lbs; very frustrating, even when you know the reason!

Jeni – after all this time and stress, you must really feel like celebrating the PT approval – good for you! Too bad, though, that you have to miss Makenna’s first swim meet. Anyone around who videos it?

Kim – the quote “God gives us dreams...” came from mothermavis further up thread. As for the dancing, just here at home. Re: TOM: I used to find that any exercise that involved me moving my legs – e.g. biking, stairs – helped me the most. Also hot compresses on the tummy, and hot drinks (a slice of fresh ginger infused in boiling water, cause I was often nauseous then as well.)

WillsAngel – good to get back on track – hang in there!

mothermavis – that’s another of my favourite quotes. Do you collect them too?

Emily – how awful for the boys! Hope they’re feeling better very soon, and that Mom doesn't get exhausted worrying about them!

My day has been like this:
W-64 oz – still need to keep a close eye on this!
E - exercise – a day off as I was resting to go out with the girls tonight, a really great morale booster!
E - follow menu - so far, so good, even managed to plan for the girls’ night out!
D - Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere (Albert Einstein)

jcatron243
09-24-2010, 06:28 AM
Emily, I hope the boys get better soon.

Seawave~This particular meet is going to be about 4 hours long. DH has to time, but I am hoping his grandma will video Maks events on his phone.

W 64 oz
E nothing today. No time
E1400 cals
D stick to the plan, fit in extra steps where ever I can

spingirl9
09-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Ugh, I have a miserable cold so I am a day behind. :( Sorry everyone. Also, I didn't do well yesterday. When I am sick I tend to eat to comfort myself. I was like, well, I need this ice cream in order to sooth my sore throat! Gotta work on that -- food is NOT a solution to anything besides hunger.

Sasha & Seawave: Yeah, I do track pretty closely and it probably makes me look a little crazy! I wear a heart-rate monitor while I work out, so that gives me the exact number. And then I'm always like, well, might as well track it exactly! But once I lose these few pounds and fit back into my pants (sigh), I am going to transition into a slightly more relaxed approach.

Kim: I aim for 1400 to 1500 calories per day, but I tend to end more in the 1600-1700 range. But thanks for the note -- you are right -- -300 is not that bad. I think I am just impatient.

jcatron: congrats on a killer run!

Emiloots: I hope your boys feel better! I'm sorry they are sick. :(

I wish I didn't have to post yesterday. But at least I worked out hard! My cold didn't hit me until after the workout. And then it came on FAST, which makes me worried that it's more than a cold ...
W: didn't track, and drank lots of stuff besides water, so probably didn't make the water goal. But I did have plenty of liquids (goal: 64 oz)
E: burned over 500 calories, so that was the one good spot
E: at maintenance (but at least I didn't gain! that's actually a pretty big accomplishment for me)
D: too much snacking :(

And here's Wed:
W: 85 oz (goal: 64 oz)
E: burned 445 cal
E: -339 cal (goal: -400-500 cal)
D: had three snacks -- too much snacking b/t bfast and lunch! And I wasn't hungry at all, just bored.

This weekend is going to be tough for me b/c I will be OOT for a long-anticipated girls weekend. Sat will be the tough day -- I'll be at an all-day long festival. I plan to indulge, but I will track my calories very closely and make the healthier choice whenever possible. I am aiming for maintanence eating -- so 1500-1600 calories.

freethetoys
09-24-2010, 07:17 AM
any chance i may be able to join the halloween challenge, im desperate to loose by then. what do i need to do?

mothermavis
09-24-2010, 07:54 AM
Free, new friends always welcome!! Here's the idea we post at the beginning on each new challenge.

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Me for today

W 100 oz
E 30DS just done, maybe some hula hooping tonight and a walk at lunch
E OP
D I will make good choices because I am worth it!

freethetoys
09-24-2010, 08:37 AM
fantastic thanks so much, im hoping to getto at least 170 by halloween but i have had a good 2 weeks so if i get to 170 i will push for 168.

w- um i drink alot of tea but i do need to introdce more water on its own witout the caffine. i will aim to have 2 pins by end of today.

e- 1500 cals

e- not gonna run today, but i try run 5/7 days. istead im gonna do 30 min of exercise videos online before i go out tonight.

d- stay on track even though im having a treat night out. Dont forget the bigger goals for 1 day of pleasure.

thanks for welcoming me, :)

shasha12
09-24-2010, 11:46 AM
welcome, freethetoys :)

NO time today! I've been hitting the gym hard, it's making me crave carbs! Trying to resist the bad ones in favor of those that are healthier... so far it's going alright, but I did have some cookies at my sister's house night before last. Within calories, but instantly felt guilty after... Girls night tonight with friends, must do better.

W: at least a gallon
E: 1500 calories
E: off to the gym now for some cardio and sculpting
D: one glass of wine this evening, and stay away from the munchies. Will bring healthy munchies to share.

happy Friday all :wave:

KimL1214
09-24-2010, 12:23 PM
shasha12~ What's the plan for tonight with the girls?

freethetoys~ :welcome3:What exercise videos are you going to try?

mothermavis~ Where are you at on 30DS?

spingirl9~ You and I have a lot in common right now! I've been struggling with food because I haven't felt well... AND I have 2 girls nights this weekend (not all weekend, but enough to worry me as I know there will be some SERIOUS drinking).

jcatron243~ Good luck to your daughter on her swim meet!

SeaWave~ How was girls night?

emiloots~ How are the kiddos today?

mothermavis~ Nice quote!

WillsAngel~ Good to hear you're feeling better!

One of my favorite quotes from a WW meeting... "Exercise 1 hour/day or dead 24 hour/day, which do you have more time for?"

So my mom was in charge of grocery shopping tomorrow so I would have time to go to the gym after school and then just go home and make dinner. Well... she forgot to take the pizza doughs out, so I went to the grocery store, then home... was planning on a walk at that time, when I realized she also forgot tomatoes and mushrooms, so I had to run back to the grocery store again. Then my dad didn't come in from the raspberry patch until almost 6, had to shower, blah, blah, blah... I didn't even get to serve dinner until 6:45 and it's dark by 7... PLUS my dad got a movie that he wanted to watch with me... so I was pretty much screwed last night when it came to getting some exercise in... SOOOOOOOOOO... the PLAN is to either hike or walk after school, if the weather stinks... walk on my parents road as they live in the woods and I really won't get wet due to tree cover, if it clears, hike up one of the local mountains.

9/24 WEED

W~ 100 oz. H20
E~ Walk or Hike
E~ Stay w/in WW points
D~ Have a BLAST tonight!!!

WillsAngel
09-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Hello all and welcome to Free!! YAY for the PT for Jeni and wishing Emily's boys are feeling better. Oooohh a girl's night out sounds so fun!! you guys enjoy!!
I can't remember if I posted yesterday but I did an HOUR long ZUMBA class!! I almost walked out when I saw myself dancing in the mirror and I almost cried at how bad all my fat looked flying around but......i didn't and only looked at my reflection to check my form - kind of hard to do when the room has mirrors on all the walls.

W- 64 oz
E- had lunch out with my dad but ate a salad with no dressing, cheese and grilled chicken on it.
E- hour long yoga class this morning
D- my goal is to go to sleep at a decent hour and to get a good nights sleep.

You ladies are awesome!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

SeaWave
09-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Jeni – good luck to Maks tomorrow for the swim meet!

Spingirl – “... make the healthier choice whenever possible.” – sometimes that’s the best we can do. I don’t believe that everything has to be sacrificed to the weight loss genie. There’s a balance to be had with life, after all! I hope the cold doesn’t interefere with your girls’ week-end and you have a lot of fun!

Freethetoys – :welcome2: – sounds like you have a good plan!

Mothermavis – hula hooping brings back so many memories! What a fun way to exercise.

Shasha – good for you for planning ahead – hope you had a fun night out with the girls!

KimL – My girls’ night out was a blast – some of these girls I haven’t seen since January, when I started sick leave. Of course, they embarrassed me to bits by singing a birthday song in French, then in English, and then the waiter wanted to sing one in Italian! Photos galore, but I haven’t seen any of them yet. I don’t usually like me in photos... Sounds like you were meant to take it a little easy tonight; hopefully tomorrow will be a nice fall day in your area and you can go hiking ‘up a mountain’.

WillsAngel – I can’t wait to do Zumba (not quite there yet!). However, seeing myself in a mirror can wait a long, long time. Between the weight and the mastectomy, I don’t recognize myself anymore. My first ‘public’ exercise will likely be aquafitness – not weight bearing and easier on the back – but Zumba is definitely on my list because I love music and dancing so much!

My day has been like this:
W-64 oz – not quite, but very close
E - exercise – 30 minutes free weights, expect to do cardio tomorrow
E - follow menu – today was my off plan day, because of my birthday. Back on tomorrow.
D – Big planning week-end, I think, and hopefully stocking up the freezer.

JasonsLea
09-25-2010, 04:13 AM
:wave: everyone!

Just doing my weekly pop-in. :p Down another lb, I know it'll pick up in October once I have to go back to classes on campus. :grouphug:

jcatron243
09-25-2010, 06:13 AM
:wave: Quick pop in. Physical therapy was canceled yet again. The therapist is sick, now I cant get in until next wednsday. I am not happyand I will make a complaint to my reg doctor.

thanks for the good luck wishes. I know Mak will do great.

:welcome: Freethetoys.

W 64 oz
E nothing today very busy
E 1400 cals
D not to be too sad I have to miss the swim meet

mothermavis
09-25-2010, 07:59 AM
Kim, I am on day 17 of the 30 ds, I have however, missed 3 days.

Jeni, good luck to Mak today!!

I am going to get a run in later today. Out to dinner with DH last night, good choices, but the sodium kills me. Snausage fingers today.

We went to the mall to walk after dinner. Stopped in the pet store, they had a french bulldog puppy. Last thing I need is another puppy, but what a snuggler he was!

mtiger
09-25-2010, 01:36 PM
Waiting on TOM. Should have been yesterday, but no. Hopefully today. Need to get it over so I can lose this weight gain. 178.6 today!! Yikes!!!

Did Bootcamp the other night at school. Was really sore yesterday. So we did Cardio MAx last night. Man...not doing those DVD's all summer shows.

freethetoys
09-25-2010, 04:04 PM
shasha: hope you had fun at girls night, how did u do with glass of wine?
wills angel: the zumba clas is amazing, i think anything that fun and hard work shold be mandatory on a diet :D
mtiger: sonds like u have a crazy fitness regiem, hope u recover well :)

W:172 ( ithink didnt weigh today)
E: bad day today, had a hit of the emotional eating with a bit of a low between me and my boyf. I ate s many carbs the last 24 hours feel really bloated and horible, trying to drink tea and eat greens and protein t get ri of it. URGH back on plan tomorrow.
E: ran today with all those carbs in me, yuk. but 3 miles, 27mins and a 30 min legs and stomche exercises afterwads. made me feel less guilty bout how ba i have been eatin last few days.
D: move forward, have a better week and try ad put more protein based meals into my diet, as a veggie im relyinway to much on carbs for energy which is not helping weightloss :(

have a good weekend all :)

WillsAngel
09-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Hey guys!!

W- 50 oz
E-some salsa dancing, not much though
E-only hit 1000 cals.
D- today was just a survival day

jcatron243
09-26-2010, 06:24 AM
Hi everyone,

Mak was first in her heat for breast stroke yesterday! Will wasn't paying attention that there were two heats, but she did great. she shaved 6 seconds off her time!

This work weekend is going by very very slow.

freethetoys
09-26-2010, 05:57 PM
w-not enough
e- 1500cals :D
e- exercises but no workout due to big plans tomorrow
d- exercise focus is good, new protein in diet is helping, gotta stay on track tomorrow and burn lots of energy :)

gotta shift some of this blaoted feeling :(

mtiger
09-26-2010, 06:29 PM
Lord have mercy!! I know TOM is in the house but 180.6 today...really??? You have got to be kidding. That is like a 7 pound gain. Unthinkable. Guess I will have to wait and see what the next week holds. Gonna work out like a madman and see if I can at least get back down to below 175. Crap!!!

WillsAngel
09-26-2010, 07:04 PM
J - Gratz to Mak on the breast stroke, that is a hard one!!!
mtiger - don't beat yourself up we know how evil TOM is!!
Free - WOW 3 miles, I am impressed that is awesome!!! Don't get discouraged you will come out on top!!

W- 64 oz + some
E - not today - horridly busy at work, lots of bussing tables.
E - had movie theatre popcorn but figured it into my calories for the day so I am all good (no butter or salt on it)
D - Enjoy this beautiful weather and celebrate my transforming diva self!!

freethetoys
09-26-2010, 07:08 PM
TOM is the worst think, im expecting mine soon, and i just know for about 2 weeks the scales will go up, i will feel horrible, defeated and like all the hard work is completely not worth a choclate bar when im feeling blue.
I am not looking forwar to seeing all my hard work of he last 4 weeksgoing down the drain :(
definetly feeling your pain.

jcatron243
09-27-2010, 06:31 AM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/213367-w-o-w-halloween-challenge-week-4-a.html#post3496983