Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly Chat: September 19-26

New Pages!!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

OK, let's go everybody.

I am really going to focus on more protein in my diet and more cardio this week. i've been reading my book on "lifting for women" and am re-energized about this food thing.

Right now, off to the gym to boogie to some latin music.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #3  

Maryann....
I'm with you on the mini meal idea !!!!
If I keep the protein high also that helps even more.
Sunday morning I had a cheese stick & 100 calorie pack of almonds
and was not hungry for 4 hours...

I am not sure if the protein keeps the hunger at bay or the lack of carbs but
it sure helps me ....
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I haven't forgotten all of you. My life has just run me ragged. I'm off to JC this morning. I succumbed to all my bad habits at the ballpark on Saturday and I've not had enough water to flush.

Off to face the music.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #5  

Hi All, sorry I put the date wrong..obviously it's the 20th today.

Nancy, everything I read says that protein keeps hunger at bay. In addition, I read about a study comparing a lot of diets and it said clearly that the more protein you take in, compared to fats and carbs, the more likely you are to lose weight. This was not necessarily supporting the extreme Atkins approach, but stating that no matter what approach, the more protein the better.

I need more of that today, already!
Old 09-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #6  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Went out for pizza last night and it wasn't funny getting on the scale this morning. We 're looking for a decent movie to see,but not playing in our mediate area. No feeling well,having some kind of insomnia for the last two day,Sat night I couldn't breath and last night I was afraid to sleep,thinking it would happen again. Going to take a sleeping pill tonight,and if that doesn't work, I will call the doctor for an appointment.

Went our to walmart and bought power bar and protein shakes from Atkins for my mid morn & day snacks.Had string cheese around 10AM and will have the shake around 3.

RHONDA-Thanks, for the new pages.I think your correct to put more protein into your diet. That's what I'm aiming to do.Started this morning and I 'm not hungry.

NANCY-Thanks it can hurt I tried all methods and I think according to Dr Oz telling one of the woman on one of the shows that he believes that's the way to go.He always helping people with there diets,so many it will work for me.

VICKIE-Good Luck at JC,hope that you will lost something.

I have to go my dinner is ready as the oven bell is ringing
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:13 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

I gained a pound. I'm blaming hormones and that DELICIOUS kosher hot dog with mustard that I ate at the ballpark. And....the bites of popcorn.....and cubano sandwhich.....and pizza. BLT's DO add up.

I'm on program and starting a new week. Missing you all. It should calm down soon for me.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:18 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, thank you for the new pages. I agree with what you said about protein. You're going to shed those extra pounds quickly now.

Maryann, I think you're doing a good thing, too, eating more protein. You and Rhonda should see good results quickly.

Vickie, it sounds like you and Jim had a good outing at the ballpark. I'm glad you did. I think every now and then we need to let go and have fun. One pound isn't much. You'll get it off quickly.

I'm chugging along. My next wi is October 6. Well, I have an appointment with my cardiologist next week, and I'm guessing he'll have me step on the iron monster. He usually does. (He's the one who said for me to lose a pound a week and come back in a year. Well, the year's about up and I'm coming back.

Shooting tonight. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:09 PM   #9  

I ate 1400 calories, more or less equally divided among fats, carbs and protein. Still need more protein and the fat was inched up because of cheese. I thought it was low fat, but no it was low sodium instead. I also had 1 T of PB which really has a lot of fat, good fat, but still fat.

Tomorrow is another day.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! I just got back from Bible study, and it's late, so I won't stay long.

Rhonda, I will try to post a picture of my most recent painting this week. It is almost finished, so I'll snap a picture of it on Wednesday. Wow! Your arms look awesome. I'm envious!

Sandra, thanks for your encouraging words. I have been trying to stay away from all wheat and milk products. They both irritate my stomach, and I feel so much better when I avoid them. I will try to add more protein to my diet this week, and see if get any results.

Hey to the rest of you chickies. I'll try to check in tomorrow. TTFN

Last edited by sloanie; 09-20-2010 at 11:38 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #11  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Did have a good afternoon yesterday I fell on my patio step and I bruised my left side of the waist area.TG I have fatty tissues there that I didn't break a bone of something. Its scary living alone,my sister told me that she & I learned very good listen to carry my cell phone at all times. I have a case that has a clip for me to wear it on my slacks. We'll do that in the future.Hope I will be able to join & go on my walking tour tomorrow with the Girls.

Other than that I had a wonderful day,the weather up here is very comfortable comparing that we had this summer. I slept until 8:30 this morning.

VICKIE-Sorry about your pound it will quickly come off as I believe that it the sodium that are in the hot dogs.

SANDRA- I hope that your correct as I eating low carb bread that I bake for sandwich and now that I'm adding the protein I feel less hungry.I not going real low on the carbs like I did the last time I adding veggies & fruits to my menus. I lost 2 lbs from the HIGH CARBY PIZZA that I had this Sunday.I love your terminology of the scale[iron monster]i do feel the same as you do when I get on[physician scale] it. Some how my DGS thought it was cute to jump on it several time and it think the balance bean is a little off right now.I tried to adjust it but no such luck. Have to have a man to come in to work on the mechanism of the scale.

RHONDA-I'm on the a 1500[30pts] calorie per day and have a 264 cal per meal.Sometimes it works but at the end of the day it does add to 1500. I buy the Sargento's cheese that has reduced cal cheese.

SLOANE-I'm going to bible study also, but were heading to the end of the 52nd week. Right now people are signing up for a life story book and I;m not interested so until they start the bible study again,after the new year I will be going to a yoga or a tai ji class instead to loosen up my neck/shoulder muscles.Are you allergic to wheat or milk,I'd go to the doctor have those tested but than again that's me, my dd stays a way from milk prods[yogurts cream etc]but she does eat cheese without any problems.

Have to get my laundry and other chore done, have a great day

Last edited by beach bum; 09-21-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:28 PM   #12  

sorry you hurt yourself, Maryann...clip on that cell phone!
Old 09-21-2010, 07:55 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Maryann, I'm sorry you got hurt. Keep that cellphone on for sure.

We've had an exciting day. Went out in a lake--boat took on water. Curtis' cellphone is dead. Mine is on it's 2nd life. The rest of the day wasn't much better--so what have I done? I bought a lottery ticket. Drawing is tonight.

Sloan, I want to see the photo of your artwork, too. Please post asap.

Rhonda, I ate too many cashews today. They're healthy but I had too many. Guess I could have done worse. My nerves have been shot.

Have a good evening, Chickies!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:54 PM   #14  

You know, it is very hard to eat only 30 grams of fat!! I had 50 today and I worked so hard. I'm even eating lf cottage cheese and I don't like cottage cheese I even ate cottage cheese, tuna and tomato. I did do better on the ratio of fat, carbs and protein.

Yes, Sandra, it could have been Snickers! I bought some Slim Fast, hoping that it wouldn't have heavy metals in it! I'm sorry that your nerves are shot. You are retired!!
Old 09-22-2010, 03:04 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Went on my walking tour with the ladies we went along the beach via the bike path and wow was it windy.We walked for almost an hour and moderate speed.and than to Spurs Garden and walked there for another 15 mins. I'm really tired and the muscles in my legs are aching also.

Just put my wash away,going to get some dusting and vacuum cleaning done and than I'm heading for the couch and take a nap or two.

RHONDA-I learned the hard way,and will never be without my cell phone again.

SANDRA-I was lucky this time around,so for now on I'll make sure the cell phone is charged and with me at all times.

Where's everybody,Hope to see you in the morning.Have a great day