Biggest Loser Challenges - Blue Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 1 (09/20 - 09/26)

Bigmid
09-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Hello Blue Team so here it is the official 1st week of chatting. It was nice getting to know you in the other thread now we post here for our week 1 chat thread.

I know you can all do this and it will be a great challange for the Fall.

A few reminders:

1) You must post at least once weekly in the chat thread in order to be eligible for weekly biggest loser and overall biggest loser.

2) Weigh ins for this week must be posted by September 26th at 10pm AST. (NOTE: If you weigh in earlier in the week, that is fine you can post your weight anytime during the week as long as it is before Sunday at 10pm AST.) If you miss the weigh in, I will automatically enter in your first freebie. Every member has two freebies. After you use those two freebies, if for any reason you miss a weigh in you will be elminated from the running for the biggest loser title.

3) Once the weigh in cut off time has been reached, I will be tallying up our weight loss/ or gains and be back with the results within the following two days. Red team and blue team leaders will always post the new threads every Sunday evening for the following week and results will be posted weekly by Tuesday evening, if not sooner.

JackieHollow
09-19-2010, 11:54 PM
YAY! I'm really excited. My determination, motivation, and drive were beginning to slack, and I just KNOW this is what I needed. :) Here's my ??.. My typical WI day is on Sunday. Is it ok to just use that weight on Tuesday? Or do I need to WI again?

Bigmid
09-20-2010, 12:13 AM
JackieHollow - I WI on Sundays as well and your first official WI is on Sunday September 26th by 10pm AST for anyone who does their WI on any other day you can enter it at anytime up to the cut off time on the Sunday each week.

Well I had a great day today and went out with friends shopping. I got a new pair of jeans........size 8 WooHoo (gotta love vanity sizes) just one more size down and I think I can start the maintaining phase of this thing.
I still have my "bigmid" so I really need to try to get everything more toned up. And of course weight wise is still another 17 pounds. Todays WI was a bit dissappointing for me (I weighed less yesterday:() but as long as it's going down I guess thats okay. I would still love to lose at least 4 more pounds in the next 2 weeks as I go away to conferences and would love to say I've lost 75lbs by then

Well off to play a bit then bed as I have to work in the morning. Have a great night everyone and lets rock this challange Blue Team

MamaP
09-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Hope everyone has had a good weekend . . . I did and am sorry to see it end, but it must. I'm looking forward to adding another :dancer: to my signature line - hopefully this week.

gypsychic
09-20-2010, 12:35 AM
Gmorning everyone..... its a bright sunny morning here in Dubai :D My motivation level to b OP and workout is 10/10 ;)

jackiehollow - oh my.. i can totally relate.. with determination and motivation beginning to slack :D ... even i am unable to get back on track with workouts after my vacation! need major accountability or else.. i'll just get lazy :( ... well i hope this challenge will really get us all focused !!

bigmid- yayy for size 8 jeans :D:D:D

Mamap - HEllo! :)

ghost girl
09-20-2010, 02:08 AM
Yay I am so ready for this.
Best of luck everyone.

canadian mom
09-20-2010, 09:48 AM
I love the acountability can't wait to see results. This will also help me stay on track I hope while on a road trip with a freind in a couple of weeks, I will probably have to use a pass or post the same weight as previous week cause I will not be near a scale. We are driving 25 hours straight to get to our destination to stay for 2 days then 25 hours back.

dream710
09-20-2010, 10:10 AM
Good Morning Blue Team! I didn't make it over to intro thread so I'll start by introducing myself. I'm Bridgette a 33 year old, married (11yrs) mom of two (DD 7, DS 20 mo). I'm a calorie counter and do most of my exercising at the Y. I didn't do the last challenge but have done a few others in the past, looking forward to great results this time around. My goal for this challenge is to drop 20lbs, try a body pump class and try spinning.

I'll bbl....Gotta get DS up for swim lessons and then off to yoga!

Everyone have a POP day!

Bigmid
09-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Morning everyone well the day has started whether I wanted it to or not. They are saying it may snow either today or tomorrow....not much but still snow. I am so not ready.

MamaP - it's always fun to add a new one on your signature isn't it:carrot:

gypsychic - ah the sun...what is that again:D WTG on your motivation level today

ghost girl - best of luck right back at ya

canadian mom - I love road trips....yours sounds very busy with the driving part. You can take a freebie or just post your same before you leave just in case you can't get near a computer

dream710 - hello and good luck with your goal. I have to look up a body pump class it sounds interesting.

Well off to dry my hair and finish getting ready for work. Have a great day everyone.

hsmomx2
09-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey blue team! I hope everyone is off to a great start today. I missed the intro and getting to know each other last week. I'm a sahm of two wonderful children and wife to dh for 13 yrs. We have have 5 pets. I'm having issues with my thyriod again, but will not let that stop me.

Matilda08
09-20-2010, 11:25 AM
Happy monday team! Today I wi at 229.6. I know daily wi arent good for some but whenever I dont wi daily I gain weight and lose focus. Hoping to make my 10% goal this week!!

Good luck everyone we CAN do this!

JackieHollow
09-20-2010, 12:01 PM
Good morning everyone! :)

Bigmid.. YAY for size 8 and nearing the maintain part of life. That's awesome!

Kris I'm hoping for another dancing man this week myself. :) Only 1 lb, but TOM is knocking I think. I'll be happy for that lb!

gypsy.. I'm hoping this helps all of us too. I need some excitement and motivation!

canadian mom... great idea to use this to help you stay on track with the trip!! Hope you have a great time!

hsmom... do you homeschool? (Thought that might be what the hs stood for. :D )

Matilda.. I'd love to reach my 10% also!! I don't wi every day but several times a week. But only my Sunday weigh in counts. ;)

so I just finished up 30 min of exercising... I feel weaker now than I did when I first started exercising. I want to add in some sort of strength training to my workout. And I want an exercise bike so I can watch TBL while riding! :)

hsmomx2
09-20-2010, 01:44 PM
Matilda - 10% is a great goal. That's my goal for this challenge. I also weigh more than once a week.

JackieHollow - Yes, hs stands for homeschool. I also tend to tutor and help others just starting out homeschooling. Great job getting in 30 mins of exercise! Keep up the great work!

Mercy03
09-20-2010, 01:49 PM
And I want an exercise bike so I can watch TBL while riding!

That's exactly what I do:D.That's why I love that show.It keeps me motivated to exercise,which sad to say,I haven't been doing the last couple of months:(

MamaP
09-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Kris I'm hoping for another dancing man this week myself. :) Only 1 lb, but TOM is knocking I think.

TOM knocked on Friday and came on in uninvited and has already overstayed his welcome . . . :(

1mooretime
09-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Good afternoon teammates !!! I haven't been so motivated this morning but I get on here and boom instant motivation :D

Bigmid , I want to be you..Yelp...A size 8 wow!!! I can't even imagine that. Thanks for inspiring me.

canadian mom thats a long drive . We went to cape cod this year for vacation and that was a 14 hour drive . I took motion sickness medicine because I would be riding in the back seat for part of the drive and I didn't want to get sick. Well, I didn't get sick lol It knocked me out and I don't remember any of the drive down lol. I woke up and I was there.

JackieHollow that's a smart ideal I think riding a bike would be great while watching the biggest loser Ihave a mini trampoline in front of the tv right now. I drive everyone else nuts with it though. lol

I hope everyone has a fun and successful day !

canadian mom
09-20-2010, 02:57 PM
We are taking turns driving. The only way we can make it to meet up with some friends is to drive straight thru. We are gonna make sure we have my best rlationship with us , TOMTOM, he has always been ther for us when needed on our trips,lol. We are crossing the border and going into really unfamiliar territory do he will be put to good use.

Jennie527
09-20-2010, 04:50 PM
Yay! The chat thread! I was here a couple days ago, and wanted to post, but I didn't want to post in the intro thread again. :lol: I am am excited about this challenge! I feel like I have been doing SO WELL, but not being able to exercise is killing me. I hope I can get over this whole bronchitis thing soon because I am really tired of being sick. (It's been almost a month now.)

Good luck everyone! I actually weigh in on Mondays (tonight). So, I am trying to decide if I want to weigh myself later in the week or go with tonight's weigh-in. We shall see.

JackieHollow
09-20-2010, 05:10 PM
hsmom.. I'm a homeschooler also! :) How many kids do you have? Are you getting them involved in anyway with the exercise? I'm trying to find a way to motivate my kids to exercise more (tho a couple run around nonstop.. LOL)

Mercy.. what kind of bike do you have?? I'm thinking about buying one soon. I really want an elliptical also... not sure which is the better value. I really want both. LOL

MamaP.. he's good at overstaying his welcome, isn't he???

I'll be back to post more tonight. Have a great day everyone!

hsmomx2
09-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Jennie257 - I hope you get back to feeling like yourself soon.

JackieHollow- I have two dc. (13yod, 7yos) For P.E. this year we are using the Wii, misc. workout equipment we have around here, stationary bike and exercise videos. When it cools off some more we are going to play around with tennis. We also like to go walking/jogging/running at the party. What activities have you all been enjoying?

dayoneagain
09-20-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm very frustrated and annoyed with myself at how I let it all go in the break between challenges. So, I will have a huge gain this week I think. Great.

I am trying to focus on what I can do about it now rather than what's already been done, but my behaviour is maddening.

Hoping to lose 15 pounds in this challenge.

so

Deep breath. Starting again from.... NOW!

Rochester
09-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Hey everyone! :wave:

It's nice to see such an active chat thread....lots of support and encouragement. :) I'm excited about this challenge and look forward to what we can accomplish together.

Have a great week all!

JackieHollow
09-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Hello everyone!! Home from a busy evening.

1more... Don't you just LOVE instante motivation!! :) I'm so excited.

Canadian.. It's good you have someone to swap driving time with. I hate driving long distances alone.

Jennie... I did the same thing with the intro thread!! hahaha I'm excited about the chat. I hope you get to feeling better really soon!! Being sick that long is the pits.

Hsmom.. I should have figured out you had 2 children because of the x2. LOL I guess I wasn't being very observant. I have 4 myself (13, 11, 7, and 6 (the only girl)). And like you we've been using the wii mostly. They are doing some dvds and some basic calisthenics (which I think I just butchered the spelling on). I've thought about using pushups etc as a punishment... LOL But I don't want them to have a bad association with exercise. We keep talking about getting out to play tennis when it cools off, but it's right by a main highway, and I just haven't gotten the nerve to do it yet.

dayone.. The past is the past. Don't dwell or stress on it. Learn from your mistakes, and just don't let it happen next time. (Maybe set your own "in between challenge"). From now, just move forward, and make the best choices possible. :)

Rochester.. Seems like this is going to be a GREAT team! I know we will all do great! :)

Well, that's pretty much it for me. Still researching ellipticals and stationary bikes. Anyone have a preference? Also looking for a good heart rate monitor so I can see how much my body burns..

gypsychic
09-21-2010, 12:22 AM
just curious.. wot do u guys have post workout other than protien shakes. :D

i need a lil variety for my postwork out meals..

JackieHollow
09-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Hmmm I never have anything. But I havne't gotten into SUPER high intensity workouts yet either.

JackieHollow
09-21-2010, 12:53 AM
ooho I was just looking at the stickies at the top. One mentioned something about side challenges. What are those?

Bigmid
09-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Hi everyone wow you guys are active I am falling behind. Forgive me but I will have to do personals tomorrow I am so tired today I didn't even exercise today. I need to see the sun again.

The side challenges will be coming I just need to put some up but I thought we would get through week 1 first.

Well have a great night everyone. Talk to you all in the morning.

Jennie527
09-21-2010, 01:19 AM
Ok, so I weighed in tonight at my TOPS meeting, and I am down 10 pounds from when I signed up! :cb: That is crazy! I think I am just gonna go with that for this weeks weigh in. :lol:

lolcat
09-21-2010, 02:17 AM
WOW, way to go Jennie527!!!! That's awesome! (I love your avatar, btw) :)

Bigmid, does AST mean Alaska time? I want to make sure I get my weight charted before time's up, I'm EST... (sorry, my brain isn't working right!! (I am so smart! I am so smart! S-M-R-T! S-M-R-T!!! :doh: LOL)

Rochester, you'll have to share some more of your song lists, I need some new ideas. I don't have a radio in my car and can only use my mp3 player at work, so I really don't hear much current music.

I am so excited to be in this challenge, it is going to help me knowing that my choices not only impact my own loss and health, but it also impacts my team's success. Makes me even more determined to behave! This is a horrible week for me each year, so I know coming here is going to help out.

Well, it's been a long day, I'll talk to you all later!

GO BLUE!!

ghost girl
09-21-2010, 02:55 AM
Wow way To go Jenny down 10 pounds great job!
I love the idea of an exercise bike , when watching TV.

Bigmid
09-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Morning everyone well I feel better today so lets hope it lasts. We did get a skiff of snow here last night.....IT'S TO EARLY FOR WINTER!!!!!!

Well heading off to work in a few minutes so I will post the personals I promise (I just won't say when):D

I think I am also going to post a challange to all of you for tonight just because I need it for my self......so keep watching for it

Talk to you later and have a great OP day everyone.

dream710
09-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Jennie~ Congrats on the 10lbs! :carrot: Hope you get over your illness soon.

gypsy~I usually have some type of protein; slice of toast with organic pb; egg whites; milk etc. I've been told not to have sugar for two hours after working out...not sure what the reasoning is.

Bigmid, Rochester, lolcat, Mercy, 1moore and anyone I missed~:wave:

Dayone~We all have slip ups, good for you getting back on track. 15lbs is a great goal, you can do it!

hsmomx2~sounds like you offer your kids a wide of variety of exercise

canadian~ have fun on your trip

mamap~ good luck on adding to your signature

Matilda~ I tend to weigh in everyday too but my official weigh in day is Friday. I find it helps keep me on track.

Jackie~ congrats of the 30 min of exercise. Strength training has a lot of great benefits. Good luck on finding a s bike or elliptical. I don't have either so I can't give any advice.

I just returned from vacation Sunday, ate and drank way too much, so I'm trying to work back into my normal routine. I gained 3.5lbs while I was away, but I have managed to make it back to my starting weight (still up 1.5 from where i was) so whatever happens the rest of the week I'm good with. Yesterday was a stressful day. My DS woke up a crabby patty. Seemed like it didn't matter what I did, he didn't want any part of it. Wasn't for sure how swim lessons were gonna go, but he eventually calmed down. It sure did make for an interesting morning thats for sure. It got worse from there, as I pulled into the parking lot at work, one of my coworkers called and told me my boss had just been fired. He had worked for the company for 25 years and was so loyal to his employees and customers. There was a lot of anger, sadness and confusion going on that it just doesn't seem real. Hopefully we will be able to rally and become a stronger group under our new leader.

Today is a new day...hopefully it will be a better one.

I'm off to wake up DS *crosses fingers* hopefully he's in a better mood! Then off to the Y to lift. Everyone have a POP day.

JackieHollow
09-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Jacky.. I didn't meant for you to put up the side challenges right away. I hope I didn't seem pushy. I just wasn't sure what they were, or how they operated. But I can't wait for the challenge. ;) Oh, and I can't WAIT for winter... It's still in mid 90s or more here!

Jennie.. 10 lbs?? WOW That's awesome!!!

lol.. I know that having that team spirit is going to do wonders for me also. I tend to have a competitive nature, anyway, so competing against the red team will be great for me!!!

dream.. I am looking into doing some strength training. Just not sure what to do yet. Maybe a dvd of sorts... <shrug> Good for you for getting back on track after vacation! It can be so hard. Hope your day is better today. :)

Jennie527
09-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the congrats, everyone!

I've been told not to have sugar for two hours after working out...not sure what the reasoning is.

I had never heard of this. So, I did a little research and found this article. Thanks for the tip! http://drpinna.com/dr-mercola-no-sugar-after-exercising-7933

And I do hope that your day is going better today. It is awesome that you were able to bounce back so quickly to your before-weight after your vacation. You deserved to let loose a little, but jumping right back on the wagon is exactly the way to go. So, good for you!

Rochester
09-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Rochester, you'll have to share some more of your song lists, I need some new ideas. I don't have a radio in my car and can only use my mp3 player at work, so I really don't hear much current music.

Here is a link (http://rochester-freetobeme.blogspot.com/search/label/Playlist) to the playlists I have posted on my blog. Thanks for asking...I love music! :dancer:

Jennie527
09-21-2010, 12:18 PM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]WOW, way to go Jennie527!!!! That's awesome! (I love your avatar, btw) :)
Thanks, and that's funny cause just the other day I was giggling over your avatar. Love it!

canadian mom
09-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Jennie527~~ Congrats on the 10 pounsa down!!!

Got my workout in to discover afterwards my 2 year DD was hollering for me (I had my Ipod on while working out) she pooped at naptime and she is no longer in diapers, what a mess. She felt sooo bad.

Matilda08
09-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Hello team, hope everyone is well. Im a little sore I took step lastnight and walked on the treadmill but on saturday I did a lot of sculpting. How are you guys.

What plan is everyone following? HOw many times per week are you working out what is working for you what is not??

QuilterInVA
09-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Good afternoon, ladies! It's been fun reading your posts and getting acquainted with you. I don't have time for personals today (on my lunch time at work) but I'll do them tomorrow for sure.

I weigh every morning but my official weight is recorded at Weight Watchers on Saturday morning. Yesterday I had Water Aerobics and Silver Sneakers at the Y so that was 1 hour and 45 minutes. This afternoon I have 45 minutes of strength training and 45 minutes on the treadmill.

Did you know you can earn the Presidential Physical Fitness awards for the exercise you do? I just found the site so I signed up. You have to exercise for at least 5 days a week but the type and amount are up to you. You earn points. It's all free.

Have a great day - stay OP and keep moving!

liveitup1
09-21-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm having mixed feelings about this week. I haven't been working out because I had a visitor from out of town and I just couldn't find the time to get away from him.

On the plus side, the school I am working at just moved so I have to unpack the library. This means a lot of bending, lifting and constant movement. The down side is that my back is hurting progressively more and more. By the time I get home I can barely stand, and even sitting hurts. Doing my normal exercise (60mins on an elliptical 5x a week) just isn't gonna happen. I'm too scared to even walk around the block for fear of my back totally going out.

Making an apt. to see a chiropractor soon so I can get fixed up and back to work.

hsmomx2
09-21-2010, 05:24 PM
JackieHollow- My bike is Gold's Gym Power Spin 210U. I forgot the kids also had swimming this summer. I would feel sorry for the cars driving by the tennis court if my family was out there playing. lol We are truly beginners.

Jennie527- 10# down, Wow your doing great!

gypsy- I'm bad about not snacking after workouts. So I'm interested in what replies you get.

dream710- Thanks, I try to make sure the kids have activities they like and enjoy. I hope your day went better today. It sounds like your doing a good job getting back on track. Keep up the great job!

Matilda08- Great job getting in your workout last night and sculpting on Saturday.

Canadian mom- Way to go getting in your workout!

QuilterInVA- You got some serious workout time in! I think I'm going to check our the Presidential Physical Fitness you mention out. It sounds interesting.

liveitup1 - Unpacking the library sounds like a workout in itself. I hope that you can get into the chiropractor soon.

Bigmid - Snow! My kids would be so jealous.

I hope I haven't left anyone out. If I have please forgive me, I dont mean to. I got behind real quick no checking back in last night. Today seems to be going well. I got in 30 mins of wii fit plus yesterday. I'm looking forward to growing healthier with my blue team. Well, time to get back to work for now.

fitin2008
09-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi Teammates,
This is my first time posting. I missed the introductions but quickly read through them. I'm happy to see other grandma's and homeschoolers on our team. I'm 47 and have four children ages 11,14, 21, and 24, (two boys & two girls) and have one adorable granddaughter. I've been a homeschool mom for almost 20yrs now.

Back in "07" I participated in this challenge. I did great and lost 26lbs. I know this challenge was a big part of my weight loss back then, and I have anxiously been waiting for this new one to start. I've lost 40lbs since April and I'm hoping that this challenge will keep me losing through the Holiday Season ahead.

I've struggled with my eating and exercising since I posted my starting weight. I've been doing great this week and hope that my weight gain will be down by Sunday. I want to contribute to our team's losses and not bring our totals down.

Anyone else excited for the new season of The Biggest Loser tonight? My goal is to stay on plan throughout season 10 and show a big loss at the season's finale just like the other contestants.

JackieHollow
09-21-2010, 08:09 PM
Rochester.. thanks for the playlist! :) I love music also.

Canadian mom... way to go on getting your workout in. HOpe your little girl is feelign better, and not concerned about her "oops". Poor darling. I can remember how much it would devestate my kiddos when they had accidents like that.

Matilda.. sounds like a good kind of sore!! What is sculpting?

Susan.. I've heard about the presidential award before. I'll have to look into it. This might be good motivation for my kiddos also!

liveitup.. Yay for the added exercise at work. I hope your back starts feeling better really soon! One thing I really look forward to with being thinner.. no more bad backpain! (Hopefully)

hsmom.. how do you like your bike?? I''m determined to get one before next week. Is it a recumbant (I think that's what it's called), or upright? I am seriously considering the recumbant just for ease on my back and butt LOL

fitin.. YAY another homeschooler. :) I hadn't thought about this season running through holidays, but that's an added bonus. This is my first, and I'm really excited.

I'm really excited. My dh got the antenna hooked up and we are getting NBC. :)

Bigmid
09-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi everyone wow crazy day today at work
For anyone who wants to here is a little challenge for the show. It's 2 hours so do this in 4 sets

20-push ups (wall,floor,stairs)
20-crunches
20-bicep curls
20-tricep kickbacks
20-wall squads

Have fun

Mercy03
09-21-2010, 09:23 PM
hsmom.. I'm a homeschooler also! :) How many kids do you have? Are you getting them involved in anyway with the exercise? I'm trying to find a way to motivate my kids to exercise more (tho a couple run around nonstop.. LOL)

Mercy.. what kind of bike do you have?? I'm thinking about buying one soon. I really want an elliptical also... not sure which is the better value. I really want both. LOL

MamaP.. he's good at overstaying his welcome, isn't he???

I'll be back to post more tonight. Have a great day everyone!

It's and old tunturri bike,got it in Chicago 15 yrs ago lol,but it works!

JackieHollow
09-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Hi everyone wow crazy day today at work
For anyone who wants to here is a little challenge for the show. It's 2 hours so do this in 4 sets

20-push ups (wall,floor,stairs)
20-crunches
20-bicep curls
20-tricep kickbacks
20-wall squads

Have fun

ooooh this sounds good. I need to figure out what a couple of them are, but I'm going to do it during commercials. That's 20 each time, correct?

me4life
09-21-2010, 10:52 PM
omg i guess i'm playing catch up. i've been so busy i didn't even know this thread was started.

JackieHollow
09-21-2010, 11:08 PM
I ended up doing:

40 pushups
60 wall pushups
120 bicep curls
120 tricep kickbacks
100 crunches
and 100 squats

I didn't think I could do 20 pushups (I would do 10 regular then 10 wall til I couldn't do regular anymore). I got out of sync on some because the show would be nearing a commercial before I was done with my first set. haha

MamaP
09-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Not sure what each one of these exercises is called but I think I have the names correct.

4 sets of 12 Tricep Extensions (one weight held by both hands)
4 sets of 12 Tricep Extensions with each arm (single arm)
3 sets of 12 Bicep Curls

15-20 minutes of marching, dancing, walking in place while holding 5 lb weights (moving my arms the whole time too).

NancyO
09-22-2010, 02:00 AM
Hi Blue Team

I missed the intro chat as I'm on vacation visiting my sister in San Francisco, so I'll introduce myself here. I'm 32 and have lost almost 50lbs over the last 20 months. I did the summer challenge and lost about 10lbs, but hoping to better with this one. I'd like to lose 15-20 by Christmas.

Have a great week everyone!

gypsychic
09-22-2010, 02:10 AM
@ MamaP & JackieHollow :dance::dance::dance: yayy for excelling at the challenge :D

As for me.. m just bout to hit the weights.. rite now.. and then try the challenge :D will keep u posted. have a lovely day everybody:grouphug:

Bigmid
09-22-2010, 02:24 AM
Hi everyone just heading to bed I did get my workout in tonight and watched a little TV. I haven't watched BL yet it's PVR'd. So no spoiling on here....lol. I am very worried on catching up with the personals as you are a very motivated bunch and I can't keep up with you yet:). I think that's awesome but you will have to forgive me. I am going to have to sit down and catch up soon or I may just have to start over from tomorrow morning and just have you know that I am reading just no time for the computer the last couple days......I'm doing all this on my iPhone. Not the easiest thing to do:). Well goodnight and good job on the challenges JackieHollow & MamaP

ghost girl
09-22-2010, 02:49 AM
Wow everyone is doing great.

dayoneagain
09-22-2010, 03:21 AM
I keep coming here to vent, but promise that soon I will be celebrating rather than complaining!

I have just started a new job which is SO EXCITING(!) but I have managed to make my first week at work the one week of the year where I get really sick. My breathing is horrendous and I feel awful, so exercise is totally out (although I do now have a 30 minute walk to work every morning and back every evening now). They're providing lunches for the first few weeks of the job to settle people in and the food has been SO NAUGHTY for the last two days. So, retaining serious fluid and not sticking to my plan - Bad!

So yes, I wanted to vent to try and put myself back on track. I have woken up this morning and started the day with a great big jug of water. I'm going to buy fruit on my way to work to up my vitamins to conquer this bug and so that the devil's lunch doesn't totally throw me today.

I can see my double chin starting to come back, so I really must start again today! :(

lolcat
09-22-2010, 04:41 AM
Hey, everyone...

I have to be honest, I am feeling a binge coming on, and fighting hard not to give in. This is a hard week for me, and I can be an emotional eater, so I'm really glad that I have you all to keep me accountable!
Today I swear I felt like just putting everything I could reach in my mouth. I had one of those "fun size" candy bars instead, and it helped, but wow. I'm craving all kinds of bad things I usual have no desire for. I don't want to go there, not even for one day. It would make it to easy for me to just give up and I can't do that again!

I work while BL is on this year... do not have a DVR or TiVo :cry:
Does anyone know if there are any online sites where I can watch when I get home?

On a brighter note, I have had an NSV! I have finally admitted to myself that I am a size down!! Another mini-goal reached!!! :yay:
Also, the weight's still coming off steadily, so I just need to power through the next week or so and it'll be all good!

Well, I'll chat with you all later!

Mercy03
09-22-2010, 08:24 AM
@Lolcat,

Go to hulu.com and they play bl for free.Last night episode is already posted.

Bad news,I gained another 2.5 pounds.Good news I started exercising again last night during BL.I hope I can finally break this bad streak that I am on.:devil:

hsmomx2
09-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Good morning everyone!

fitin2008 - Welcome to the team! Woohoo another homeschooler. 40# down since April is great.

JackieHollow - I really enjoy my bike. Dd likes it to but it is a little hard for her to get up on since the sit only goes so low. I exercise while watching a movie on it.

Bigmid - Sorry, I didn't get to partake in the little challenge. I had already left for the mil's house to watch tbl. Good job on getting in your workout. I'll work on them today.

NancyO - 50lbs down is great. I hope your enjoying your visit with your sister.

JackieHollow & MamaP - Great job on getting in on the challenge.

dayoneagain - Congrats on the new job! I hope you get to feeling better real soon. It sounds like you will be back on track before you know it. Way to go on walking to work! You are getting exercise in. Celebrate even the all your victories big and small.

lolcat - Getting down a size is wonderful. Your hard work is paying off. I have a bit of a sweet tooth so I have to make sure I have fresh fruit around to ward off a junk food feast. I applaud you at eating just one fun size candy bar.

canadian mom
09-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Well cardio was a bust today while running I hurt my ankle so I decided it would be best to stop. Hopefuly it will fell better tomorrow for a walk and Friday my cardio!!!

Matilda08
09-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Good morning team! I had a great workout last night took an hour of step sculpt and today I hit a new low of 229.0 so Im pleased with that. I hope everyone is well Im off to class have a great day!

Bigmid
09-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Morning everyone okay so here I go and sorry if I miss anyone

hsmomx2 - I hope you can get your thyriod under control and good for you fir still doing this even though it will be tougher for you. WTG on the 30 min of Wii fit plus and for getting healthy....that's what it's really all about.

Matilda08 - 10% goal I hope you make it this week it is such a nice feeling; sore = good:D; I do the WW program on my own and try to get in 5 days of exercise that could range from running(been to cold to go out though), elliptical, or DVD's; great job on your workout; Congratulation on seeing a new low:carrot:

JackieHollow - I have and elliptical I don't like them but it does work, there was no pressure to put up the challage so don't worry about that. Yes it was 20 reps and do them once every half hour with the show you went above and beyone as the pushups were wall, floor, or stair whichever was easiest for you to do......no all :D By the way you can have Winter I will freely pass it over to you.

1mooretime - Thanks I've never seen myself as an inspiration before I hope you have been doing well and staying OP

Canadian mom - I hope you have a safe trip and Tom-Tom is great isn't he...lol He works really well in the States I love the lane assist. Good for you for getting in your workout but to bad about DD I hope she doesn't feel bad about it still. It was best to stop the running before you did any damage to the foot.....make sure to ice it that will help.

Jennie527 - I hope you start to feel better soon. How long ago did you sign up for TOPS and to lose the 10lbs.....Congratulations on doing so.

dayoneagain - Don't be frustrated this happens and you will once again be back on track. I know you will make you goal of 15lbs for the challange. CONGRATULATIONS on the new job:carrot::carrot: that's awesome they are providing lunches too (even bad ones) what type of job is it. You are getting in good exercise everyday just by doing your walk. WTG on the water and fruit.

gypsychic - unless you are doing heavy weights and long hard cardio workouts you don't usually need to have a post workout drink or meal. I have read an article though that says one of the best things is choc milk....just as good as the shakes.

lolcat - AST = Atlantic standard time.... I still get very confused and it's hard to find the conversion for but that what it started out with so we keep it. It works out to be 8pm for MST if that helps at all. WOOHOO on your NSV :carrot::carrot: down a size is awesome and so is the scale moving in the down position.

dream710 - being up 3.5lbs for vacation is really good I go up 7-10 at a time. Now your back down already so that's great. Sorry to hear about your boss I hope work is still okay without him there.

QuilterinVA - WOW some pretty intense workouts

liveitup1 - 60min on the elliptical 5x's a week WOW - make sure not to push to hard on your back you don't want to damage it further.

fitin2008 - good luck with your goal for the challange and for a loss on Sunday. Healthy through the holidays is what I am hoping for as well:)

Mercy03 - WTG on starting to exercise again:carrot: and with the 2.5lbs up does that mean your giving me a chance to win this thing:)

A big hello also to MamaP, Rochester, me4life, NancyO, ghostgirl, and to the rest of the blue team

Not much new with me except I have now had about 6 people tell me I am not to lose any more or I will look to skinny......lol not even close I tell them but my face (which never showed a gain) is getting skinny so I guess that's where it's coming from....not to sure. As the name states I still have my bigmid
I have also been talking to a couple friends of mine who might be coming aboard as unofficial Blue Team members so keep an eye out for them. We are all here for the same reason offical or not.

Well have a great OP day everyone

Jennie527
09-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Jennie527 - I hope you start to feel better soon. How long ago did you sign up for TOPS and to lose the 10lbs.....Congratulations on doing so.

Thanks! I started TOPS a LONG time ago. My husband always kind of teased me that I went to this weekly weight loss meeting and rarely lost weight, but the thing if it is is that if I hadn't been going all these years, I think I would be A LOT heavier. Through my 5 years of going, I continually do the "lose 10 pounds, gain it back" thing. And the only reason I lose it in the first place is because the people in my group are so encouraging. Plus, we have to face a scale every week. If I didn't have them, it would have been "Gain 10 pounds, gain 10 more." :lol: I just know it Plus. I have had another child during that 5 year period. :)

1mooretime
09-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Hi , everybody:wave:

I'm so busy today and I don't have much time to spare but just wanted to pop in and check on everyone. Hope to come back tonight and catch up more.

I've read all the post just don't have time to comment but I hope everyone has a great on plan day!

QuilterInVA
09-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Good afternoon all. Had 60 minutes of water aerobics this morning.

For those interested, the website for the President's Challenge Awards is

http://www.presidentschallenge.net/

It's free and a good incentive.

inklestinkle
09-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Hey everyone! Just checking in real quick while I can. I still don't have a working keyboard so I can't post as much as I'd like, but I am reading. ;)

Congrats to all of you who are already losing! Yall are such an inspiration!

I haven't been doing so good this week. I'm trying to get back into the groove, but I'm finding that I am way out of shape. I could only jog for 9 minutes yesterday. I also learned that I need a better sports bra. ;)

My birthday is Friday and my hubby wants to take me out to eat. Dinner will probably be ok (my ideal dinner is protein and veggies w/ a little carbs, anyway) but I can't resist having at least a little cake for my birthday. Last year was horrible. I was depressed because no one made a big deal about my bday, so I bought my own cake, put my own message on it (Happy Birthday Mom!) and proceeded to eat it myself. :P So I should be good this year as long as I buy a really small cake with just enough for the 6 of us to not have leftovers. ;)

“What plan is everyone following? How many times per week are you working out? What is working? What is not?”
I've made my own workout plan. I plan to work my way up to working out 6 days a week, alternating cardio/arms and lower/core. I did this last year before I was a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding and I lost 30lbs. But this time around, I'm finding it hard to fit in the cardio. Between taking care of a newborn and toddler during the day, driving everyone to their after school obligations in the afternoon and all the stuff I have to do at night, I just need to find some time to fit it in and a place to do it. Thankfully, I can do the circuit training type exercises in my room while watching TV. ;)

QOTD, if yall don't mind, what are some healthy snacks that you recommend? I need to venture past just granola bars and yogurt.

Rochester
09-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Goodness, what a chatty bunch! I'm never gonna get caught up. :D Hope everyone is having a happy and successful week.

Question: Are we allowed to comment on posts in the food log and exercise threads? Like if we're curious about a recipe or a workout DVD? Or do we have to bring those questions here?

babygrant
09-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Goodness, what a chatty bunch! I'm never gonna get caught up. :D

LOL, that's what I was thinking. I'm still around, just haven't been online much. Not able to exercise, and not able to eat much. Averaging about 300 calories a day when I'm having gallbladder pain and nausea. On a good day I'm about 1100. I just stocked up on fruit and veggies so I'm going to steam a bunch of keep in the fridge to snack on.

ars
09-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi blue team!

I have to confess and vent. I am having a terrible week. A terrible month. I am terribly off plan. And today, the cherry on top of all the terrible food choices was Chinese for dinner, from a buffet, 2.5 pounds of it to go to be exact. I feel gross. All that salt is making be super thirsty. I have been on a sugar and salt craving for weeks now. I think one craving feeds the other. I really need to cut the sugar now and detox. I am promising you all that I am back on track as of right now.

JackieHollow
09-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Good evening everyone!!! Hope your day was FABULOUS!!!

MamaP.. congrats on the challenge yesterday. Those do me so much good. :)

Nancy.. HI!! :) It's good to meet you. I can't wait to get to know you better.

Gypsy.. thanks! How was the weights and challenge?

Jacky.. I can imagine it's tough to keep up on a phone!! I can't even imagine. Hope you get some downtime soon. :) Congrats on teh challenge! What do you not like about the elliptical? What exercise machine would you prefer? I detest treadmills. LOL I have to admit last night's challenge has my arms sore today!! I don't know that I've ever done more than 15 pushups in a day before. lol Can't wait to meet our "unofficial" members. :)

dayone.. I hate to hear you are so sick. I hope you can begin to feel better really soon!! The walk will be GREAT for you!!! Just pick yourself up, and know it's going to be better from here on out. (which it sounds like you are already doing). I know when I'm not feeling well, that's when I start falling apart.

cat.. what can we do to help you withstand the need to binge?? I'm here if you need me (You can find me on yahoo larryandjackie_h or facebook). I'm always willing to chat if you need it! Try hulu.com I believe they already have yesterday's show up.

Mercy.. way to get back to the exercising. Its so hard when you are on a gaining streak. At least it is for me.

canadian.. how is the ankle feeling? I hope better now!!!

Matilda.. GREAT job on the exercise and weight loss. How awesome!

Susan.. thanks for the link! I'm gonna sign everyone here up.

inkle.. don't feel the need to jump right into a high intense workout. Start with what you can do and build up from there. If I tried to jog I'd end up with a black eye! ;) Let me say happy EARLY birthday!! Eat your cake and enjoy it, but making sure you don't have any leftovers is a GOOD idea. :) As far as snacks.. i struggle in that area too. I tend to go for fruit, or celery with pb. Or 1 graham cracker with pb. Sometimes I'll do a small salad, or half a sandwich. A lot of times it depends on how hungry I am for that snack.

Rochester.. that's a good question!!! :)

Babygrant.. I hope you get to feeling better really soon!

ars.. Eating sugar and salt definitely make you crave more. Just don't beat yourself up over and over. That will cause you to fall back into the same old habits. (or at least ti does me). You can do this.. Pick yourself back up adn carry on with your head high, and stomach disappearing. ;)

Well, I'm exhausted tonight. And sore from yesterday's pushups. Was going to do some workouts, but decided to give it a rest tonight. I did walk around the store for a few hours while grocery shopping. Fun stuff, eh??

Mercy03
09-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Mercy03 - WTG on starting to exercise again and with the 2.5lbs up does that mean your giving me a chance to win this thing

Not a chance sister lol,I'm back on track today:D

My gawd,you people talk alot,I'll never catch up!

lolcat
09-23-2010, 02:19 AM
Hey, everyone... sorry, not feeling chatty, just wanted to stop and read and make a couple comments before I head to bed...

Rochester, thanks so much for sharing your music lists, they always give me great ideas.

Mercy03, thanks for the Hulu tip... my computer hooks up to my bigscreen so it'll be just like watching the broadcast, lol.

Jacky, thank you for asking. Today (23rd) is anniversary of Mom's death and I'm not doing very well, I'm just a ball of emotion. The lead up is what has me feeling like binging. Once today is over I'll start getting better. I just have to get through it.

I'll try to stop by later and get caught up on reading at least. Later, everyone.

Bigmid
09-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Hello ladies

Jennie527 - Good for you for sticking with TOPS over the years, I know from experience that the pounds can creep back on so good on you for keeping it within that 10lb range

1mooretime - :wave: back atcha:)

QuilterInVA - water aerobics is fun good job on the exercise

Inklestinkle - 9 min jog isn't bad and it will be 10 tomorrow and so on:) I agree with the sports bra they are very useful tools in the weight loss game:D I think that you should celebrate your birthday and have your cake too. I feel we can have all the foods just not everyday so your idea of getting one just big enough for one piece each is a good one. Enjoy your night out guilt free. Mine is next month and I've already got it planned to eat my way through all the free meals at the resturants:)

Rochester - I would bring all the questions here as not everyone goes over to the other threads and the ones who post there just go to their own post and repost I don't think to many people read it, and besides if there is a receipe to share we may all be interested and just didn't know it....lol

babygrant - WOW your 300 calorie days sound bad, did you ever hear anything from the surgeon on when you may get your gullbladder out? I hope it is soon you have been suffering enough already. Take care of yourself

ars - I hope you get back on track soon and that the cravings go away.....they are the worst. The only thing worse is that when you said how much Chinese food you ate and how sick you felt from it........all I thought was mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Chinese food and buffet:D
so you see you are so not alone in this.

JackieHollow - You would be suprised at how many steps can add up doing grocery shopping so that is exercise. I hope your arms feel better soon and when they do........20 more push ups:D I am opposite of you I really like the treadmill and wish I had one the only bad thing about them is the noise and the size. I have Nancy's go wear fit while she is away and I found out I burn more calories and get more vigerous (sp) when I do the WATP Bootcamp DVD than I do when doing the elliptical for 40 min. and comparing the 2 myself I work up way more of a sweat with the elliptical yet don't burn as much.....Who knew.

Mercy - HA HA HA......let the games begin:rofl::rofl:

I agree with everyone it is hard to keep up with everyone right now. I may have to just post and not worry so much about personals. Don't get me wrong I think this is awesome that everyone is so energized about the challange. That means Blue Team will rock the first WI:carrot::carrot:

Hello and goodnight to everyone else

Bigmid
09-23-2010, 02:33 AM
lolcat - :hug: :hug: hang in there I know it will be a rough day for you but we are here if you need us. I am sorry for your loss

ghost girl
09-23-2010, 03:02 AM
Hello everyone I have been sticking to my plan and worked in a little evening walk.
LOLcat congrats on losing a size.
Mercy don't worry about the 2.5 pounds you will have them off in no time at all.
Baby grant hang in there I so feel for you, I also have very bad tummy issues, so i know how you feel.
Everyone is doing so well, just hope i can keep this up and stay on plan. I have not lost in two weeks, so the scale better move this week.

maryshady
09-23-2010, 08:36 AM
Sorry I haven't been around this week. In-laws are in town and have been crazy busy. They leave on Sunday so I will be around next week.

Have a great week everyone!

Rochester
09-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Rochester - I would bring all the questions here as not everyone goes over to the other threads and the ones who post there just go to their own post and repost I don't think to many people read it, and besides if there is a receipe to share we may all be interested and just didn't know it....lol

If no one reads the food log and workout threads, what is the point of posting to them? :dunno:

Personally, I think its fun to see what kinds of exercise everyone is doing, and even though everyone is on different diet plans, you can get some food ideas from reading other people's logs.

Matilda08
09-23-2010, 10:26 AM
bigmid- you seem to have a great plan hope it works great for you

Matilda08
09-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Hi Team thanks for all the kind words. Sorry to be so short but I have class work and Im a single mom. Im always so busy. But Im always reading post more than I post. Seems like you all are doing great. Keep up the great work!!!!

Bigmid
09-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Morning just a quick post before heading off to work

ghost girl - good job on the evening walk

maryshady - hello and we'll see you next week have a good rest of your visit

Rochester - It is a tool that helps many stay accountable to themselves if you are enjoying reading over there that's great and you can post if you want over there as well.

Matalida08 - My plan was working well not so sure about the last couple weeks though:)

Have a great OP day everyone

dream710
09-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Good morning all! I'm a little lacking in motivation today, its raining out and I just don't have the desire to go to the gym....although I know I should since I won't be able to make it there tomorrow :(

Rochester-I sometimes read the nutrition and exercise logs too. I think posting it here would be best, theres a lot of members who don't use the logs that may benefit from something we've noticed over there.

lolcat- :hug:

:wave: to everyone else

Well I'm off to finish my cranberry physillium husk drink and find my motivation.

Mercy03
09-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Mercy - HA HA HA......let the games begin

Down a pound today:D

Mercy03
09-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Hey Ms. Bigmid:D

We need a new sig logo for our team.Note that mine is still for the summer:D

ars
09-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Good evening bluesers!

I had an uneventful OP day today. It felt great! I am retaining a ton of water from all the sodium yesterday, but oh well, that will teach me! I need to charge up my GoWear Fit, I haven't been wearing it at all through the summer (and hey, it's fall now). I need to see where my calorie burn is at these days. I hope everyone else is having a good day!

JackieHollow
09-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Hi all! I had a good OP day also... well, except for minimal exercise. I did start the 100 pushup challenge ( http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html ) and thinking about adding in the situps and the squats also. Then in 6 weeks I should be able to do a lot. ;) I could do that for strength training 3 days a week, cardio of some sort for 6, and just whatever else. I find I get bored easily, and having a hard time getting the tv for my own use for dvds/wii. Can't wait til I get some sort of machine (most like a bike.. since they are cheaper).

ars.. what is the GoWearFit? Is that like a bodybugg?

lolcat
09-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Hey everyone..

You're all doing such a great job! I'm not doing as well as I could be, but at least I'm still (slowly) losing. Need to exercise.

Gotta be honest, not totally OP today, but at least I didn't binge like I thought I would. I had pizza..... but it was homemade, with turkey pepperoni and light on the cheese. **Edit** forgot to say that I only had one piece.

Tomorrow I'm going to make turkey chili, and I use TONS of vege'ls!!! YUM!

Thinking of getting a Wii Fit, a coworker said she really likes hers. Anyone else have one? Thoughts?

Well, still down and not feeling chatty, so I'll post more later. (Plus TOM arrived early and he is being horribly MEAN!!!!)

Bigmid
09-24-2010, 02:13 AM
Hi just stopping in to say good night and I'll be back in the morning.

Mercy - WTG on the 1 lb down. Pretty sure I'm on the way up. So bad today. I am working on a new sig hopefully have it for Sunday

ghost girl
09-24-2010, 02:55 AM
Hi Everyone.
Mercy congrats on the one pound.

Rochester
09-24-2010, 07:57 AM
TOM...is being horribly MEAN!!!!)

^ This. :mad:

Bigmid
09-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Morning everyone the sun is going to shine again here today so :carrot::D:carrot:

I hope I can motivate myself to go for a run after work, with all the rain and cold we have been having it's been over a week not sure if I can even run anymore

dream710 - I hear you my exercise motivation has been lacking as well I hope to kick start it again this weekend

ars - glad you had a good OP day, I borrowed Nancys go wear its pretty good to learn what you burn throughout the day

JackieHollow - I have thought about doing the push up challange a few times and then procede to forget about it again. I really need this as my arms could do with some toning. Glad you had a good OP day

lolcat - good for you on the homemade pizza.....I couldn't do just one slice. I hope your spirits lift for you soon:hug: I have the Wii fit and it is pretty much the only exercise I did in the beginning....I too thought it was good

ghost girl - Rochester - Hello

Well off to work everyone have a great OP day

Mercy03
09-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Mercy - WTG on the 1 lb down. Pretty sure I'm on the way up. So bad today. I am working on a new sig hopefully have it for Sunday

I think I have this thing figured out:dizzy: I lose, you gain,you lose and I gain:D

I lost another pound today:carrot::D

Matilda08
09-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Happy friday team!!!!!

Im happy to say that I hit a new low today 227.6 im soooooo happy im on cloud nine!

JackieHollow
09-24-2010, 11:33 AM
^ This. :mad:

Double this. :mad: I'm hoping to get my butt in gear today. I've got an earache and just plain ickyness.. but I can't let that stop me!

cat.. I don't think 1 piece of homemade pizza is bad if you tried to make it healthy. We make it around here 1-2 times a month. I use the wheat crust for me, add lots of veggies and a leaner meat.

Rochester.. I read all the stuff in the diet and exercise threads, also. If you ever have any question about my stuff, just give me a hollar. :)

gypsy.. I see you are doing Slim in 6. How do you like it???

Mercy.. congrats on the pounds! That's great. :)

Jacky... I have another friend that is doing the 100 pushup challenge. It just seemed more fun to do it with her. I'm only on day 2. I'd love for people to join in with me!! :) I think the pushup, squats, and situps would make a good little exercise time 3 days a week.

Mercy03
09-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Hi Everyone.
Mercy congrats on the one pound.

Thank you:hug:

Mercy03
09-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Mercy.. congrats on the pounds! That's great.

Jacky... I have another friend that is doing the 100 pushup challenge. It just seemed more fun to do it with her. I'm only on day 2. I'd love for people to join in with me!! I think the pushup, squats, and situps would make a good little exercise time 3 days a week.

Thank you and I would love to join in on the challenge.

babygrant
09-24-2010, 11:54 AM
I hit 185.0 lbs today. That's 10 pounds down from when the last challenge ended. I'm managing a couple little walks a day and I've cut out ALL fat, so lots and lots and lots of steamed veggies and fresh fruit. If anyone has any low fat/fat free protein options, please let me know! I tried lentils, but they made me gassy which is not good when the abdominal pain is already there.

You all are doing great! I can't wait until I am able to be 100% into every aspect of the challenge again.

Mercy03
09-24-2010, 12:05 PM
I hit 185.0 lbs today. That's 10 pounds down from when the last challenge ended. I'm managing a couple little walks a day and I've cut out ALL fat, so lots and lots and lots of steamed veggies and fresh fruit. If anyone has any low fat/fat free protein options, please let me know! I tried lentils, but they made me gassy which is not good when the abdominal pain is already there.

You all are doing great! I can't wait until I am able to be 100% into every aspect of the challenge again.

Glad that you feeling better:hug: I have crohn's disease so I can relate to the abdominal discomfort:(.I would stick with boneless skinless chicken breasts and Fish,stay away from the beans!!!!!!!!! Also,yogurt (greek) is a good way to increase your protein without the fat.

Rochester
09-24-2010, 09:45 PM
Rochester.. I read all the stuff in the diet and exercise threads, also. If you ever have any question about my stuff, just give me a hollar. :)

Groovy! :D

I've done horrible figuring out who everyone is and reading your updates and commenting. I'm sorry. :( Hopefully I'll figure it all out next week! :dizzy:

I've done well this week staying totally on plan with both food and exercise. And when I weighed in this morning the scale hasn't changed an ounce since Sunday. :mad: **** TOM. At least I didn't gain!

Tomorrow morning two friends and I are doing a really fun challenge -run (or walk) a 5K distance while carrying 5 pounds of groceries in a backpack, and then donate the food to a local food bank. How nifty is that? Very excited! :carrot:

Have a great weekend all!

JackieHollow
09-24-2010, 09:59 PM
So I'll come back (probably tomorrow) and do personals. I'm completely drained, exhausted, and spent tonight.

My day sucked. Big time. It started out good enough. TOM came yesterday (not the good part) but I was still down from Sunday's weight this morning (and down .5 lbs from yesterday). That excited me thinking all the water I'm guzzling, etc is helping get the monthly water weight gain under control. So I decide today to ...make sure I had another great day.. got at least 1500 calories in, lots and lots and lots of water, and some exercise. I woke with an ear ache, but refused to let that get me down.

About 10:15 (before I'd even had breakfast... tho I usually try to get that in earlier), my kids came running in and said Sky had fallen out of a tree. Evidently, she had be crying for help, but I didn't hear her inside the house. She couldn't open the door, and the boys did it for her (they ahd been in the tree with her). When she came and hugged on me, she's covered in leaves and dirt, her gum is bleeding a tiny bit, but no huge cuts or bloody spots. Just very very minor scratches. But she wasn't really using her hands much, and she kept crying to go to sleep. She just couldn't understand why I wasn't letting her. Her speech was slurred, and slow, and she was just acting.. not right. "Not right" scares me. So off to the dr we go.

But they are closed.

So we come back home, find her insurance card, and head to the nearest ER (about 50 min away). By the time we got there, she was acting much more normal, and my worries were eased a bit. I was still concerned about those wrists since she wasn't moving the left one much, tho she did say the right was feelign a lot better... especially if she kept it pretty still. After about 3.5 hours in the ER we get the news... Both bones are broken in both arms. She is now put in temporary splints, and goes Wednesday to an orthopedic surgeon for 2 arm length casts.

On the way home (about 4 or so) we all realize we'd had NOTHING to eat all day. So we stop by Taco Bell (and McDs for Sky). I had a grilled stuffed burrito and a chicken flatbread. And some Dr pepper. And one of Sky's nuggets, and some fries. I felt DISGUSTING afterward. I suck.

I'm hoping to get back on track and do well the rest of the weekend, and the next few weeks while all my focus is on Sky. I'm hoping and praying her casts will be off by her birthday (Hween).

gypsychic
09-24-2010, 10:18 PM
@jackiehollow... slim in 6 the burn it up cd for 60mins.. is a killer :D with all those squats n kicks... lunges (fwd,bck, reverse) and then she directly goes on to upper body work.. and the killer floorwork lol :D its gud! well ummm.. it gets boring.. in dah middle...shez not exactly the fun kind haha.. so i keep my ipod/radio on in the backround ;) ... and not to mention.. i've lost couple of inches off my hips and midsection.. though i had 5lbs weight gain in the beginning of the program, nd then the weight just seems to glide off :D

i also started doing P90M by tony horton.. its a predecessor of P90X .. which is my fitness goal.. by end of the yr :D
i did plyo legs oh my my.. m sore!! all that jumping.. and squats.. feels gud though...i had to pause between each move just to grab a sip of water and catch my breath ;)

i guess m going to mix n match p90m with slim in 6 for a few weeks .. i have the tendency to get bored!

QuilterInVA
09-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Good evening, ladies! My week ends today and I weigh in at WW tomorrow morning. I've stayed OP and gotten in 9 hours at the Y in the last 6 days so I'm feeling very positive. I have a wedding tomorrow but I'll be careful and remember the last bite tastes just like the first one so I don't have to eat everything. I don't like cake - too sweet - so I'm not worried about that.

Have a great evening!

Bigmid
09-25-2010, 02:06 AM
Mercy - I think to do have this thing figured out. Congrats on the 1lb down now could you give me a chance I have to fit in my dress in 2 weeks.....lol

Matilda - Congrats on the new low....WooHoo

Jackie - I think I will end up starting the challanges. I need to firm this stuff up. Don't
worry about eating bad today you had a big day and if that's all you ate that doesn't sound to bad. I hope your daughter gets her casts on to heal the bones and that she feels better soon.

babygrant - well that's one way to lose weight.....but I think I'll stay healthy. You eating seems to be very good and I hope your choices can keep you pain free. Have you heard anything about surgery yet?

Rochester - Don't worry you'll have us all figured out in no time.

Bigmid
09-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Continued from above posted before I lost everything on the phone.

Rochester - your walk/run sounds like fun and all
for a good cause. That's great. Enjoy your day tomorrow.

gypsychic - wow that is quite a workout routine. Great job on the lost inches

QuilterInVA - good job with 9 hrs of exercise wow. I hope your WI goes well. Have fun at the wedding.

Well going to sleep now have a good night everyone

lolcat
09-25-2010, 04:03 AM
JackieHollow, I sure hope Sky isn't in any pain! That had to be terrifying for both of you!!

Made that turkey chili today, and it was awesome (and healthy)!!! Amazing how little I miss beef, LOL!

I'm down another pound, I am on the express to ONEderland :)
Glad I haven't given in to the urge to eat EVERYthing!

I'm seriously thinking of getting the Wii Fit, the apartment I'm in right now is small so I don't have room for much.

Night everyone!

fitin2008
09-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Jackie- hugs to you and Sky.:hug:. What a terrible day! Glad it wasn't more serious and don't let the eating get you down. It could have been much worst considering your day. Hope the rest of the weekend goes well for you. Take care of yourself and your little one.

gypsychic and Jackie- I did the Slim Series in July. I added Burn it UP to the mix and it's a killer. I hate the floor work at the end. It hurts my wrists,arms, and knees to be in that position for so long. I'll try it again when I lose more weight and maybe it won't be so bad.

ars and anyone else who's been struggling and starting again including myself- Hang in there. It's so hard to come back, so hard to make your body do what you don't want to do, so hard to fight the cravings, and the first few days are a killer-bad head aches and soreness for me. It is so worth it though and before you know it your feeling strong, powerful, and in control again. Happiness comes from making the right choices, sometimes it is just so hard but we can do it.

Please everyone post your weights tomorrow. Lets not have any quitters on our blue team. Weather your weight is up or down or the same you will find the support you need here.

maryshady
09-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Jackie-(((hugs))) what a rough day! Hope all turns out well for Sky. Will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Don't get down on yourself. If most of us weren't emotional eaters we wouldn't be overweight. Just take it as a learning experience.

09-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi all- Just wanted to check in really. I'm completely emotionally exhausted and not avoiding the sweets well so thats my plan for this week... just try to make better choices. I'll post more tomorrow when my eyes aren't closing. :)

dream710
09-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Cat~ YUM! Turkey Chili sounds delish. Congrats on the 1lb lost and being one step closer to onederland. I have Wiifit Plus, its fun but I don't use it much. They have a variety of things on there that are fun....like the kung fu, boxing, hula hooping, and step are among my favs. I might have to dust it off and try it again.

QuilterVA~Hope your weigh in went well. Sounds like you have a good plan in place, keep up the hard work.

Jackie~Wow sounds like you had a really rough day.:hug: I can't imagine breaking the bones in both arms, the poor child. I know what you ate isn't ideal but it doesn't sound like much for the whole day.

Rochester~it is a little overwhelming in the beginning getting to know everyone but it will get easier. I think your 5k run/walk sounds great and so worthwhile. Is it something the community does or is it just something you and your friends came up with?

BabyGrant~ Congrats on your 10lbs. I know you haven't been feeling the greatest lately and I hope that your change in diet is helping a little bit.

Mercy~ Congrats on the lbs lost

Matilda~Way to go on your new low!

Everyone I missed~:wave:

I did make it to the gym Thursday but haven't been back since. I haven't been feeling the greatest the last few days- abdominal pain and sometimes it feels like I have a brick in my stomach mostly late evening and in the morning. I haven't been eating the greatest so I'm hoping after I do a little tweaking on my diet the pain will pass.

I'm off to do some laundry and dishes. Everyone have a great weekend!

Sameen
09-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Good morning everyone! hows it going. weigh in day today!!! i have been on a still for the for the past three weeks... and its torturing... lets see if this week brings any good news!!! Good luck everyone!

Bigmid
09-26-2010, 01:39 AM
Hi everyone I had a good day today went to Heritage Park with Nancy ate more than I should have (still within points I think) and we walked alot so that's good. I didn't drink enough water today though so that's not good with WI tomorrow.

Muffentop
09-26-2010, 02:26 AM
Hi everyone... looks like we're off to a good start.

I signed up for the last challenge, but didn't complete it. My weightloss took a nosedive, and took my motivation along for the ride! I wound up gaining almost 20 lbs over the course of 2 mos. But I'm back to try again & I intend to commit to this for the duration. I'm hoping for at least a 25lb loss.

We can do this... Go Blue Team!

ghost girl
09-26-2010, 03:21 AM
Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

dayoneagain
09-26-2010, 05:41 AM
dayone.. I hate to hear you are so sick. I hope you can begin to feel better really soon!! The walk will be GREAT for you!!! Just pick yourself up, and know it's going to be better from here on out. (which it sounds like you are already doing). I know when I'm not feeling well, that's when I start falling apart.

Thanks for your support! I am starting to feel not so bad today, which is great. Now I have no excuse to mess up I need to get myself back on track.

I have to confess and vent. I am having a terrible week. A terrible month. I am terribly off plan..

Ditto :( Being ill and starting a new job has really taken its toll on me this week. I am having to post a five pound gain for week one. This isn't all from this week, as I was off plan between challenges, but I just feel like I've really let myself (and you all) down. :(

Rochester
09-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Rochester~I think your 5k run/walk sounds great and so worthwhile. Is it something the community does or is it just something you and your friends came up with?

There is an exercise support group on facebook called Monolith, and every week the moderator comes up with a challenge for people to participate in. The Food 5K was this week's challenge. It's so fun to have these virtual worldwide challenges, and exciting to be part of a community that loves exercise.

Khrungy
09-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Hi fellow blues. I'm a little under the weather myself lately. Between late summer allergies, and now a head cold, I haven't been able to smell anything in weeks. That helps stave off the threat of cheating - there is no pleasure in just chewing something when you can't "taste" it. LOL I think it's helping me distinguish between eating when I'm hungry, and just eating to eat.

Things are moving in the right direction weight-wise... broke out of the 260's this weekend...finally received a couple, "are you losing weight?"' questions...the recognition is definitely a motivator.

canadian mom
09-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Today is my official weight day for my records and down a pound !! I have an interview tomorrow for a job outside the house.

JackieHollow
09-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Hey all. I'm here. Don't count me out yet. Everything has just been super stressful around here. Unfortunately I gained .4 lbs this week. At least it's a small number and I am committed to making sure that next week will be much better. I never went over my calories any day, but just didn't make the best choices. Between all that, the stress going on in the house, plus a few other things.. well, my diet wasn't my priority. Guess I still need priorities.

I promise to get on here this afternoon and check back up with everyone.

NancyO
09-26-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi All,

Posted a gain for this week, sorry team. Hopefully it'll come off fast, it was from my vacation the last 2 weeks.
Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

abreezies
09-26-2010, 06:07 PM
Good luck team!!

MamaP
09-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Posted a loss for the week . . . wish it would have been bigger, but at least it was a loss. Hope everyone is having a great weekend, too bad it's almost over.

Bigmid
09-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi everyone make sure to get your weights in you have 10 min left. I will be back to post the new threads later. Way to go Blue Team.

OrganizedChaos
09-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Wow, this was a busy week. Sorry this is my first post in the chat thread this week. The fall is a crazy busy time for my house. Carting kids to football, cheerleading and still trying to find time to fit in work outs and Oh, that thing I call a job, takes up a bit of time too. I was able to post a loss this week, but I have been at that weight for over a week now. I hope next week I can get things moving downward again.

Hope everyone had a great first week!

Bigmid
09-27-2010, 12:48 AM
Hi everyone I'm closing this chat and opening the new threads. See you over there.