Biggest Loser Challenges - Red Team Fall Focus Chat Thread Week 1 (9/19-9/26)

shan84
09-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Hello red team!

Glad to see so many of you participated in the getting to know your team thread. Let's carry that on over to here as we head into our first official week of the challenge.

A few reminders:

1) You must post at least once weekly in the chat thread in order to be eligible for weekly biggest loser and overall biggest loser.

2) Weigh ins for this week must be posted by September 26th at 10pm AST. (NOTE: If you weigh in earlier in the week, that is fine you can post your weight anytime during the week as long as it is before Sunday at 10pm AST.) If you miss the weigh in, I will automatically enter in your first freebie. Every member has two freebies. After you use those two freebies, if for any reason you miss a weigh in you will be elminated from the running for the biggest loser title.

3) Once the weigh in cut off time has been reached, I will be tallying up our weight loss/ or gains and be back with the results within the following two days. Red team and blue team leaders will always post the new threads every Sunday evening for the following week and results will be posted weekly by Tuesday evening, if not sooner.

GO RED TEAM!!!

shan84
09-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Another reminder: When you post your original weight in format on the Red Team Fall Focus Weigh In thread, you must post your original starting weight at the time you signed up. I did go through and edit some of your posts because you posted the wrong numbers. Please realize this is so we can keep it fair for everyone. Some may have huge losses this first week because sign up was several weeks ago...but after we get through the first week of weigh ins, then everyone will be on a more even playing field.

Thanks so much!

GO RED TEAM!!!

pinkpolkadot
09-19-2010, 09:51 PM
2) Weigh ins for this week must be posted by September 26th at 10pm AST. (NOTE: If you weigh in earlier in the week, that is fine you can post your weight anytime during the week as long as it is before Sunday at 10pm AST.) If you miss the weigh in, I will automatically enter in your first freebie. Every member has two freebies. After you use those two freebies, if for any reason you miss a weigh in you will be elminated from the running for the biggest loser title.

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering when we were able to update our weigh ins and by when. I hope everyone remembers to update! :grouphug:

GO RED TEAM!

BlueEyes65
09-19-2010, 10:14 PM
Hey Red Team!:carrot::carrot:
Nice to meet everyone. I was in the last BL challenge and was able to lose 6 lbs.( that's good for me:)) Near the end I had alot going on and lost my focus on what I was trying to do... I have dusted myself off and am ready to go again...
Good luck to everyone!

Shan- thanks for being our leader for another round. BTW I like your new photo;)

Terapet--Congratulations on being the BL for the summer challenge!!!:hug:

Pinkpolkadot- Welcome!

LOL @ me- I came rushing here worried that I missed the 1st weigh in:o... I'm down 2lbs, I hope I can keep them off till next week.

Violet73
09-19-2010, 10:19 PM
It's gonna be a great week! We have the fair here and my daughter's bday, but I will be strong and limit the carbs! I have to do this for the long run...and get myself into better shape! Let's go RED TEAM! :cheer:

dudesmom
09-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Can't wait to see how the challenge goes! I'm off to exercise here in a minute!

pinkpolkadot
09-19-2010, 11:31 PM
I feel stupid now lol...I thought today was the 26th. I am a week ahead of myself. I was freaking out because no one was updating their weigh ins and then I thought maybe I wasn't posting them in the right place...haha. I hope everyone had a great weekend! :D

Bette k
09-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Hi Red Team,
I hope everyone had a great weekend, mine was pretty good even tho it was cold and rainy. I'm getting close to picking out a color for my living room, it is kind of between a peach and salmon color and I think it will give the room a warm glow if I can get it right. I'm going to paint the trim a creamy white color to match all the other trim in the house. Unfortunatly all the woodwork has been apinted and I just don't have the patience to strip everything and refinish it. Also I would be dealing with lead removal if I did that so it's best to just repaint. I also have to get more paint for my bedroom and finish there. The only problem is the brand of paint I've been using is only sold at a store that is a 40 mile one way trip so I won't get there soon.

Shan, Thank you for being our leader, and I hope that I'll be able to keep up this time.

Everyone, It's been fun getting to know you a little through your posts, I'm trying to read all of them and will get better with personals as time goes on.

I hope everyone has a great week
Bette K

nurse2be
09-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Hope everyone has a great week! I have to go back + see what I weighed when I signed up. I will be lurking on the board all week since I have my first exam on Thursday. Just hopping on to ward off cravings as of course I want to munch on something while I study!

armywife88
09-20-2010, 04:43 AM
How's everyone doing?? Things are going great here. My hubby will be home tonight after a month in the field. I'm so excited! And I have a non scale victory: I made 6 boxes of brownies yesterday for the guys coming home tonight and I didn't even have any! Not even a lick of batter! And chocolate is definitely a weakness. I'm off to get my nails done for the ball but I'll be back to check in later. Have a great day!!!

Violet73
09-20-2010, 09:01 AM
I feel stupid now lol...I thought today was the 26th. I am a week ahead of myself. I was freaking out because no one was updating their weigh ins and then I thought maybe I wasn't posting them in the right place...haha. I hope everyone had a great weekend! :D

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does things like that :P

Violet73
09-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Hi Red Team,
I hope everyone had a great weekend, mine was pretty good even tho it was cold and rainy. I'm getting close to picking out a color for my living room, it is kind of between a peach and salmon color and I think it will give the room a warm glow if I can get it right. I'm going to paint the trim a creamy white color to match all the other trim in the house. Unfortunatly all the woodwork has been apinted and I just don't have the patience to strip everything and refinish it. Also I would be dealing with lead removal if I did that so it's best to just repaint. I also have to get more paint for my bedroom and finish there. The only problem is the brand of paint I've been using is only sold at a store that is a 40 mile one way trip so I won't get there soon.

Shan, Thank you for being our leader, and I hope that I'll be able to keep up this time.

Everyone, It's been fun getting to know you a little through your posts, I'm trying to read all of them and will get better with personals as time goes on.

I hope everyone has a great week
Bette K

Sounds like a project...but it will be pretty :)

Violet73
09-20-2010, 09:04 AM
Hope everyone has a great week! I have to go back + see what I weighed when I signed up. I will be lurking on the board all week since I have my first exam on Thursday. Just hopping on to ward off cravings as of course I want to munch on something while I study!

ahhh....i remember munching and studying! I don't know what WOE you are on but stocking up on safe munchies beforehand may help you! Good luck on your test :)

How's everyone doing?? Things are going great here. My hubby will be home tonight after a month in the field. I'm so excited! And I have a non scale victory: I made 6 boxes of brownies yesterday for the guys coming home tonight and I didn't even have any! Not even a lick of batter! And chocolate is definitely a weakness. I'm off to get my nails done for the ball but I'll be back to check in later. Have a great day!!!

WOOHOOO for not having the brownies!

criseyde
09-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Good job armywife! Brownies are my worst weakness.

This week will be a good one. :) I need to get to the grocery store at some point today. I've decided to be brave and try baking something pumpkin-related. Yay.

Angie
09-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Leslie Lou -- Good luck with resisting temptation at the fair! Our town's fall fair was this past weekend, but I just couldn't go, I wasn't feeling strong enough to resist a corn dog, so better not to go at all for me!

Pinkpolkadot -- lol about the date, I think we're all just anxious for that first weigh in. :)

Bette -- Your paint sounds nice, is there an online chip you can share with us? I love decorating talk!

Armywife88 -- That's definitely a NSV! All those brownies and you held strong - amazing! Enjoy your manicure.

Nurse2be -- If you get an overwhelming craving try brushing your teeth, that sometimes helps me. Good luck with your studies.

I'm staying home today with my DS who is a little under the weather. He was up several times last night with a sore throat. He felt quite warm then, but no temp this morning.

The last week has been amazing for me in terms of weightloss, unfortunately the number I posted a few weeks ago was also lower, so there's not as much difference since that number. I've got another week though, so we'll see.

CanadaMel
09-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Morning ladies- I knew there should be a new thread, but didn't have time to search for it yesterday. Just finished making the kids lunches, now it's time to make mine.
I've started journaling my food again to help me stay on track.

Army wife- kudos for no tasting of the brownies. I bought a mini muffin pan so if I do make treats for the kids, they are serving size controlled.

Bette- good for you on the painting. I just dream about changing our colors- but don't do anything about it!

Welcome back Blue Eyes!

Okay-gotta feed the kid lets breakfast. Have a feat day all!

shan84
09-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Happy Monday everyone! (Though it is almost Tuesday here in SK now). Hope everyone is getting off to a good start for the week. I struggled today with an overload on my food intake. And I thought I burned more calories at the gym today than what I actually did. Oh well, there is always tomorrow. I am a BodyMedia Fit user, so it calculates my sleep effiency, my steps taken, my calories burned, etc. I wear it religiously but so far I haven't been seeing the results I would like to see but most of that is stemming from me not making the best food choices. No worries- I'm back on target again tomorrow!

Side note: The bf got food poisioning so the 5 hour walk to the beach tomorrow is cancelled. I'm planning on getting in a little time with WATP and Richard Simmons instead. :)

Have a great Monday everyone!!

julie99s
09-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Bette K- the paint color you chose sounds beautiful. It sounds warm.

Armywife88- You are amazing for resisting not only the brownines, but the batter! Willpower of steel!

Angie- Hope your little one gets to feeling better real soon

Shan- Food poisoning's awful. Hope your bf recouporates quickly. Have fun with the watp and Richard Simmons. He's such an amazing being.

Well, hopefully my week is better than last. It was tough. DS was sick Wednesday. ODD was sick Friday. YDD was sick Saturday. I was stressed out and frazzled. It's a strange bug, headache, fever, gone in a day. So at least the three of them were only sick for a day each. DH and I haven't seemed to have gotten it. But my mom had it yesterday, and she hasn't seen the kids in over a week.

When I weighed in for this I was 236. I am still around that mark even though I've been busting my butt at the gym nearly every day. I don't know what I should be taking in calorie wise because I'm still nursing, so it's an experiment. I'm basically eating when I feel hungry, but healthy foods. I don't want my supply to dry up. I do want to start a journal, so when I do *feel* hungry, I can jot down my feelings/thoughts, so I can determine whether I'm stressed/emotional/boredom eating.

I guess I'm not going to panic too much. The scale may not reflect it, but I feel leaps and bounds stronger. I suppose it'll come off eventually. When I started on the eliptical mid August, 5 minutes was pushing it. I was hurtin'. 2 1/2 weeks later, I was doing 65 minutes. All intervals. So I'm getting there, I just can't let myself get discouraged.

sha25
09-20-2010, 03:16 PM
:cheer2::cheer2:Hello Red Team!!

Hope everyone is off to a great Monday so far.. Me, not so much.. Trying to make an appt with the orthopedic asap.. I have had upper back pain that is becoming extremely bad!! Saw the dr. on sat and the med's he gave me just make me sleepy.. In the meantime I plan to still walk each day, but am so frustrated that my work out routine needs to be less intense at the moment.. I think I am up a pound (weight yesterday) I have decided not to obsessively weigh until I am feeling better..(or the weigh in for here, which ever comes first) Plan to stay on track with my food, although I didn't even do that this past weekend.. UHG!!

I am at work and will come back later for personals.. Gonna have to try and catch up with the 2 pages of posts when I am not working... and the little ones are in bed..

pinkpolkadot
09-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Good job armywife! Brownies are my worst weakness.

This week will be a good one. :) I need to get to the grocery store at some point today. I've decided to be brave and try baking something pumpkin-related. Yay.

I have a recipe for Low fat crust less pumpkin pie if you are interested. It is pretty easy to make.

Aclai4067
09-20-2010, 08:22 PM
I have a recipe for Low fat crust less pumpkin pie if you are interested. It is pretty easy to make.

Oooo, you should just go ahead and post that because it sounds awesome!

nurse2be
09-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Yes! I totally brush my teeth while I'm @ home + then always have 3 different flavors of chewing gum w/me (sugar free). I did good last night, BUT @ lunch today I lost it. I am so stressed out, I told my classmates I wanted to just study by myself @ lunch. I should have just gone w/them. I ended up @ Wienerschnitzel which I have NOT eaten since Feb! Got 2 corn dogs, ate them along w/the fries, but at least I couldn't gulp the soft drink so that went in the trash, and when I got in the car I downed a bottle of water I had in there. Couldn't stop thinking about my f**k up all afternoon....and now my Mom is visiting + she is cooking of course! It's gonna be one of those day's for me that I just say screw it, I already went off plan, why not, kwim?
I think I might just take a nap + get up w/a different attitude! Thx for letting me vent!

pinkpolkadot
09-20-2010, 09:12 PM
:chef:Crust less Pumpkin Pie :chef:

Ingredients:
nonstick vegetable spray
2 tbls water
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (7gm each)
2 1/4 cups Carnation Evaporated Lowfat Milk, divided
1 can (15 oz) can 100% pure pumpkin
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar (or low calorie sweetener equivalent)
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Coat 9-inch deep-dish pie pate with nonstick vegetable spray.
2. Place water in medium bowl; sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand 5-10 minutes until softened. Mixture may be firm.
3. Bring 1 cup evaporated milk just to a boil in small saucepan. Slowly stir hot evaporated milk into gelatin.
4. Stir in remaining evaporated milk, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract.
5. Pour mixture into prepared pie plate.
6. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
Makes 8 servings
Per Serving: 1 1/2 Starch. 1/2 Fat.
Calories 144
Carbohydrate 26g
Protein 7g
Fat 2g
Cholesterol 6mg
Sodium 91mg

TERAPET
09-20-2010, 09:59 PM
MMMM-that recipe looks delicious.

Today was a good day. Eating was on plan and spent two hours at the Y for step and yoga. Hopefully the scale will be nice tomorrow. I am going out of town on Wednesday so I am bit worried how that is going to end up. Hopefully I won't gain any weight. In the meanwhile, I am going to be as good as gold before I go.

shan84
09-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Tuesday is rough here in SK. The bf is feeling better this morning but I woke up and called my mother in the states only to find out that my dad was admitted into the hospital this morning for severe chest pains. It's so hard to deal with stuff like this when I'm on the other side of the world.

Hope everyone had a great Monday. Here we go Tuesday! GO RED TEAM!

CanadaMel
09-21-2010, 01:30 AM
Shan- :hugs: hope your dad is okay.

Nurse2be- :hugs: tomorrow is a new day. What's done is done- don't beat yourself up.

Polkadot- thanks for sharing the recipe- may have to try it out here when Cdn thanksgiving rolls around next month.

Sha25- have you thought about swimming? Non-impact and a great workout.

Julie99s- hope your kids are feeling better. We had our first bout with our youngest last week. Fingers crossed no one else will gets it.

Okay- off to bed for me...busy day at work tomorrow.

dudesmom
09-21-2010, 03:34 AM
Argh, I'm so bad at personals! I'm forgetful, and then those pumpkin bars sound so good it distracted me. If only they weren't made with gelatin!

My day was not very exciting, most of it was just power struggles with my 3 year old and bedtime struggles with my 1 year old. Ah, the joys of being a mom. :) Tomorrow should be more eventful, we have open house at my son's preschool in the evening. Hope everyone has a good day!

criseyde
09-21-2010, 09:33 AM
pinkpolkadot - Thanks for the recipe! It sounds yummy and looks easy enough that even I should be able to manage. :P

shan84 - Hope everythings okay!

I set my alarm this morning to 5:30, had all my workout stuff ready to go (even slept in my sweatpants :P) and was all pumped up about starting morning workouts since afternoon isn't working so well...At some point during the night, I changed it to 7:00. How I managed that, I'll probably never know. And now I'm sitting here wondering how in the world I thought I'd be able to get up that early. *sigh* I'll try again tomorrow. If I could get into a good morning routine, I'd be all set. But, for today, I'll go to work and eat better than I did yesterday. At 4:30, I'll come home and take puppy to the dog park and maybe a walk.

Angie
09-21-2010, 11:21 AM
I'm home again with my DS today. He seems fairly normal, but has the same sore throat and fever, so I can't send him to school. He's lapping up all the attention and TV time. :)

Nurse -- I know what you mean about how awful you feel when you mess up your plan. I ate some chips on Sunday night and was really beating myself up over it, but then I figured that was getting me no where...lol. Might as well let it go and move on to make better decisions, right?

I hope everyone has a great day. I'm pretty stoked because I entered a new 'decade' this morning and also hit -20 pounds since starting my new program mid-August. :carrot:

sha25
09-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Shan, Hope your dad is ok.. Your family will be in my thoughts today!!:hug:

TERAPET- Glad you had a good day.. Are you going away for only one day?

pinkpolkadot-I love pumpkin pie, that receipe looks yummy. Thanks for sharing.

CanadaMel- Thanks for the suggestion. Summer is over here and I am not sure about a place w/ indoor swimming.. I love swimming so I will look into it..

nurse2be-:hug: Sorry yesterday was a hard day for you.. Hope today is better.. When I have days like that I tell myself pick yourself up dust yourself off and get right back on track.. Otherwise it's like a chain reaction, one off plan day can equal 2, 3, or more for me (like this weekend, UGH!! I am back on track food wise since Monday..

criseyde- I have to get up early in the am to get a workout in.. Otherwise I get way to busy with work, kids, dinner, homework, all that fun stuff. Lately I been struggling between my back and just getting out of bed in the am.

Angie- Congrats on the new decade and the 20 lbs lost.. Thats awesome!!

Me, I am actually feeling a little better this morning.. I think the Anti-inflammatory is starting to work.. I stopped taking the muscle relaxers except at night because I hate feeling drained and tired.. Hopefully I will be able to resume my normal work out routine shortly.. anyway, enough about me.. Hope everyone has a great day..

Narnia99
09-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi everyone :)
The flu bug hit my house last week, but everyone seems to be better now. I am such a baby when I am sick :D Anyway, today I went out and bought a new scale, as my old one kept giving me different numbers everytime I stepped on it:dizzy: I'm up two pounds from my starting weight, so I need to get busy to get them off before weigh-in day. I have a few errands to run, and then I getting my workout done, so I can watch The Biggest Loser tonight.

Shan - I hope everything is ok with your dad. Thinking of you :hug:

Angie - Happy Birthday and congratulations on losing 20 lbs since mid August, that is awesome! Hope your son is feeling better.

Pinkpolkadot - Thanks for posting the recipe. I love pumpkin pie so I'll definately be trying it!

A big :wave: to everyone else

Aclai4067
09-21-2010, 07:15 PM
So I finally got the guts to weigh myself after the debauchery that was my week and a half long birthday celebration. 245, 11 lbs up from where I was in May, FML.

KimL1214
09-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Hey everyone!!! Sorry this is my first time checking in this week, but I just wanted to say hi :wave: and that I will try to get some personals in tomorrow! Have a great night everyone!!!

toughchick
09-21-2010, 08:58 PM
HELLO ALL TOUGHCHICK HERE
Very excited about being on team RED. I will have to check back my old posts to see what my weight was at time of sign up.. I am hoping the biggest loser will have some sort of psychological effect for me as I have hit a plateau for the past 2 weeks.. and If I hear one more time that i have to remember that when you start working out as heavily as I have that your body gains muscle and it won't show on the scale...but it will I your tone....I'm going to scream.
Anyways enjoyed reading everyones post.
GO TEAM RED

Angie
09-21-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm assuming everyone in these challenges is probably a big fan of the show. I am so excited about tonight, only a few minutes in and I was in tears already. It's so exciting to be losing weight myself this time and watching these folks is really going to drive me to work harder.

PS -- Does anyone else get an urge to munch while watching this show? It's sick but true...off to find me a sugar free popsicle ;)

Serval87
09-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Hey, ladies! How's everyone doing? Ugh, I've been SO bad with binging lately. We didn't even have 20 foodstamps left, and we completely blew them on junk. *rolls eyes*

On the bright side, I watched Biggest loser tonight and worked out (off and on, because I'm so out of shape) and did 70 minutes. I used my air stamina stationary bike, and it said I burned 1100 calories, and stayed between 8-13 speed, and did 9 miles.

Not sure how accurate that is, but it took me 70 minutes, and, hey, at least I beat my old 500 cal. "score". lol.

shan84
09-22-2010, 03:20 AM
Hi everyone. I will be back later to do personals. Dad is out of the hospital. They ran a bunch of tests but couldn't find any problems. At least he is home now.

Diet is ok. Exercise is eh...big hike planned for today was cancelled because of rain.

Anyways, hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

shan84
09-22-2010, 03:21 AM
GO RED TEAM!!

Today's question:

What defines happiness in your life?

PDXgirl
09-22-2010, 05:12 AM
I had a strange thing happen this week. I had a planned day where higher calorie foods were expected, I was so excited! I always feel anxious on a diet and think a delicious snack would help. So, I have the delicious snacks, and they were tasty, don't get me wrong, but they didn't give me the anxiety relief I used to get from them.

So, on the one hand it's good-I can tell myself snacking won't calm me down, but on the other hand, I don't know HOW to calm down now! :P

TERAPET
09-22-2010, 08:37 AM
What defines happiness in your life? Definitely my relationship with my family. Otherwise I find other things to enjoy but my favorite thing is time spent with my husband and kids and extended family.

Well my good as gold approach does not seem to be working and the scale was up two pounds today. Sigh. Oh well, I can't let that get me down when I am going on a vacation today! WooHoo! So I will be back late Sunday. I went ahead and weighed in because I might forget when I get back.

Have a great weekend all.

julie99s
09-22-2010, 11:56 AM
My kids. They are awesome little beings and each one amazes me every day.

TERAPET, have a great time on your vacation!

sha25
09-22-2010, 02:42 PM
GO RED TEAM!!

Today's question:

My children... I have three of the most amazing little girls who are each different in so many ways.. I have a great marriage.. We are best friends as well as husband and wife.. My family, I have a great relationship with my mother and her new husband and my brother and his family.. I see the struggles on my in law side and am so happy that my family is a happy little unit..

Aclai4067
09-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Well I had a big water weight drop I guess because I'm down 4.4 from yesterday. Now it's time to freaking keep it off! As far as what defines happiness, I'd say it's a little too abstract to pin down. Lots of things make me happy: friends, family, good weather, travel, outdoors. I can't say one thing defines happiness, it's just how all those good things come together.

So, on the one hand it's good-I can tell myself snacking won't calm me down, but on the other hand, I don't know HOW to calm down now! :P

Maybe some exercise will work? Yoga, run, walk... whatever speaks to you

tambolina
09-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi all!! :wave: GO RED TEAM!!!

sorry it took so long for me to post... crazy busy life right now. I am 35 (very soon to be 36) and have been overweight pretty much most of my adult life. I lost 50 pounds about 10 years ago and loved it but the weight slowly started piling back on. I was within 10 lbs of my heaviest of 184. I changed my nutritian and have been trying to exercise more. The biggest issue I have with my weight is my husband and I are not on the same intimacy schedule... (he is the one with the headaches :?:) and when I lose weight, other men seem to notice me more. I would never cheat on my husband, it just makes it so much easier to not be asked.

Anyway, I am excited for my first challenge and am looking forward to getting to know you all a little more. It sounds like from the chats that you are all doing well and I hope to be supportive of you all.

What defines happiness in my life... reaching my goals... I recently received my bachelor's degree, I was the president of an organization, and now weight loss. :halffull:

Narnia99
09-22-2010, 04:18 PM
Today's question:

Definately my family! I have a wonderful husband, and three amazing children who add joy to my life everyday.

Well I never got the chance to do my workout yesterday, (stuck in traffic...grr), but I got up early this morning and got it done. I feel so out of shape, but I sure felt good afterwards.

Aclai - Congratulations on being down 4.4 lbs.

Terapet - Have a great vacation!

Shan - You must be so relieved that your dad is out of the hospital.

Serval - Great job with your workout, 70 mins is awesome.

I've gotta run, have a wonderful day everyone :)

Bette k
09-22-2010, 06:43 PM
HI Red Team,
Happy Wednesday. It's been a good day today, I had most of a day alone, that's something that doesn't happen much anymore. I also got my sub teaching license in the mail today, that means I can work. I figure if I teach 10 days a month I'll be able to pay my bills and afford my health insurance, any above that is extra. I have 2 school districts who want me to sub so I should be ok, there are4 others close by if I need tham to get my time in.

Today's question:

I would have to agree with those who say family. DH and I have been married 29 years and he is my best friend. I think we are turning into one of those couples who can finish each other's thoughts, he is my knight in shining armor who kills spiders and is always there for me. DS is almost 21 and in the Army, we miss him terribly but talk to him at least once a week. DS is 9 and the light of our life. She's our miracle, and we treasure her.

tambolina Congrats on your Bachelor's degree, I know what a lot of work it is to go back to school. I also have problems with the yoyothing, losing lots and then having it creap back on, just keep plugging.

Aclai4067 Congrats on the 4 lbs

shan84 I'll keep your dad in my prayers, I know it's scary when a parent is sick, I'm sure it's even worse when you can't get there.

I'm getting long winded here but Everyone have a great week!
Bette K

Angie
09-22-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm pretty stoked today, I went to my official weigh in and my Dr. moved me to phase 2 of my plan; that means...I GET TO EAT CARBS!!! Real ones! Only 2 per day (ie/ 2 slices of WW bread) but I also get some new veggies and fruit and dairy on my list -- I'm thrilled to pieces. I'm going to be very moderate with my change though, I really don't want to slow down my losses. I'm down 10 lbs so far for September, which was my goal, so I'm excited to go a bit beyond.

I think I will do my weigh in tomorrow morning; I have an off-site meeting tomorrow at which they will provide lunch, and then dinner at a restaurant. I don't want to risk having a gain or a stall after that, so I think I'll go with tomorrow's weigh in. That will also give me a few extra days before the next deadline to rid myself of any short term gains.

What defines happiness in your life? Finding balance in all the things I love, my son, my family, friends, my work, taking care of myself. I'm in a very good place right now actually, all my favourite things in life are working for me and I feel like I'm making excellent choices and decisions for me and for my family. :goodvibes

Narnia -- Thank you! We've been battling some sort of bug here too, it hit everyone for 2 days and then just left us all with a cold.

Ashley -- Losing 4 pounds overnight must feel awesome!

Serval -- 1100 calories in one session is amazing! You've got some stamina!

Shan -- I'm glad to hear that your Dad is home. :)

PDX -- Excellent self discovery, maybe you need to channel your excess energy in another direction -- exercise, sports, crossword puzzles, crafts?

Bette -- Congratulations on getting your teaching license!

alwe74
09-22-2010, 11:25 PM
PS -- Does anyone else get an urge to munch while watching this show? It's sick but true...off to find me a sugar free popsicle ;)

OMG!!! I totally get the urge to snack when watching TBL! Too funny!:D

alwe74
09-22-2010, 11:29 PM
GO RED TEAM!!

Today's question:

I would define happiness in your life as accepting yourself for who you truly are. I'm trying to learn to accept the shortcomings in myself as easily as I accept them in others. Basically, I'm my own worst critic.

dudesmom
09-23-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm afraid I'm going to forget someone in here, but here goes:

Ashely-I love when the scale moves down 4 lbs from water weight and not up! Always a nice surprise!

Serval-70 minutes is great! Keep up the good work!

Shan-Glad your dad is home, though I'm not nearly as far from my parents as you are, i know how it feels to not be able to be there when something happens to them.

PDX-My two suggests for dealing with anxiety would be exercise or art. Just a thought!

Bette-I'm working on getting my teaching license, the day it comes in the mail will definitely be a celebratory one for me!

My day started off late today, I woke up 10 minutes before my son had to be at school, so I had to shove his poky butt through the bare bones of our morning routine. Then I ran some errands, went to the library (actually got a book for myself even though I should be using free time to study!), got my oldest a haircut since picture day is tomorrow, made homemade mushroom soup, took my boys to the park, and then just played and read books until the boys went to bed. I'm nervous that my son is going to have a cheesy grin in his school pictures tomorrow (he's 3 1/2) and he loves to ham it up for the camera. I guess there's always retake day though!

dudesmom
09-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Oh, and I got on the scale today with my younger son who weighs 30 lbs. I can now stand on the scale with him and weigh less than I did at the start of my journey. Can't wait til I can do that with my older son (he's 52 lbs!).

lindalee9
09-23-2010, 12:25 AM
Hello all!

Made it to ONEderland today! I weigh in officially on Saturdays, but weigh myself every morning. I am feeling really good!

dudesmom
09-23-2010, 02:55 AM
Hello all!

Made it to ONEderland today! I weigh in officially on Saturdays, but weigh myself every morning. I am feeling really good!

Congrats!!! That's awesome!

Violet73
09-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Shan......I'm SO glad your dad is ok!

Lindalee....Onederland! :woohoo: way to go! I hope to be there by Christmas! :cheer:

I hope all of you with the flu bug in your house get well soon!

I have done great at the fair this week. I follow a low-carb WOE and both nights I resisted all the sugary madness! My TOM is this week and I'm drinking lots of fluids so I'm hoping I won't have extra weight on me this week!

Hope you all have a great Thursday :)

CanadaMel
09-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Just getting around to the question "what defines happiness in your life"
I agree that I can't pinpoint it to one specific thing. Though someone at work asked if I was religious and I answered while raised episcopalian, I don't actively attend church and most days I consider myself agnostic. But then I said why do you ask and she said you seem so happy and she recognized that most people who are happy are usually religious.
I realize I am in a happy spot in my life, just because I'm busy and don't let outside influences bother/stress me too much.

Otherwise Wednesday was wickedly busy. Today is my Friday and I have 2 days off at work- ahhhh. The sun is supposed to be out today too which always helps. Then we have parent teacher conferences this evening.
Have a great Thursday everyone.

sha25
09-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Stopping in for a quick hello!! I have my middle childs back to school night so I wont have much free time tonight..

Shan- Glad your dad is home!!

Lindalee- congrats on making it to onderland. :carrot:

Dudesmom- I do the same thing with my daughter who weighs alittle over 30 lbs.. I look at her and can't believe I almost lost that in weight! Way to go!!

I'm stuck and I have tried everything, and I am starting to get frustrated. I have been bouncing around in the 180's since mid June.. I have increased my calories, decreased them, trying calorie cycling now, changed up my exercise routine... My back is starting to feel better so I hope in a few days I can take the exercise up a notch!!

Have a great day everyone!!

KimL1214
09-23-2010, 12:15 PM
CanadaMel~ Any sun yet?

LeslieLou~ Great job at the fair!!!

lindalee9~ :congrat:

dudesmom~ That's really neat that you can do that with your smaller son!!! Sounds like you had a crazy day yesterday!!!

alwe74~ I'm my own worst critic as well...

Angie~ 10lbs. is AWESOME!!!

Bette k~ CONGRATS on your license!!! I wish our district required a teaching license for subs as we have some real ridiculous subs...

Narnia99~ Great job getting up early and getting your workout in!!!

tambolina~ WELCOME!!! Have you talked to your husband about the intimacy issues?

Aclai4067~ 4.4!!! CONGRATS!!!

sha25~ That's really nice that your family gets along so well!!! Plateaus SUCK!!! I hope you fight through it soon!!!

julie99s~ :wave:

TERAPET~ Have fun on your vacation!!!

PDXgirl~ Maybe do some brainstorming and see if there are other exercises or foods that might help you feel a little less anxious..?

shan84~ How is your dad doing? Just a thought for a results thread... we do an inches/cm thread for the 20-Somethings TBL, where those interested post their starting inches/cm and then post their new inches/cm at the end of the challenge.

Serval87~ Awesome job burning so many calories! How are you doing?

Angie~ I LOVE TBL, and yes, always have the urge to munch on something while watching it... and then feel really guilty...

toughchick~ How are you doing?

So I went as far back as my last post, sorry if I missed anyone :^:

What defines happiness in my life:
Having such a strong connection with my mother and being surrounded by so many wonderful animals every day. I wish my father and I were closer, but even the way we are now, is light years better then we were when I was in school.

TOM is coming right now, crampiness is making me feel a little ill, so I'm about to head to the nurse for some ibuprofen. My major goal for today is to fight through the icky cold and cough I have pursuing me and get to the gym anyways!

K, kids are getting crazy!!!:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Serval87
09-23-2010, 03:20 PM
lindalee9- Congrats! Can't wait until I get there!

KimL1214- Thanks! Eh ... 'mother nature' just gave me a visit, so not as good as I could be. lol (sorry, if that's tmi). It always messes my exercise up. :(

Angie- I do get the urge to eat, but I've decided that TBL will be my BIG exercise of the week now.

dudesmom- Thank you!

Narnia99- Thank you!

Angie- Thank you, but I actually don't have too much stamina. I did have to take little breathers (and adjust my clothes; the bike always makes my clothes ride up. lol).

Hm... What defines happiness in my life:

Well, a few things, really. I love my relationship with my husband and parents, my cat too. :) They all enrich my life so much. I wish I were a bit closer with my brother and father, because my mother and I are truly best friends, but my relationship with my father is better than it ever has been, so that's good.

I also love being in nature. It brings me peace, and calms my soul so to speak. Writing and singing makes me feel worthwhile, so I have a lot to be thankful for.

Angie
09-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Serval -- I was going to do something like that...make myself walk the treadmill while watching TBL...that oughta beat the munchies. :)

Lindalee - :congrat::cheer2::cheers: Onederland must feel Onederful, congratulations!!! :carrot:

My day was so busy I've been on the go since 6:15 a.m. and just got home now.

Definition of a bad idea (aka the bad news): On your first day of eating carbs and dairy after 6 weeks of practically zero carbs and dairy; go out for dinner to an Italian restaurant, eat foccacia bread with olive oil & balsamic vinegar, and half a plate of risotto. Let's just say my body did not appreciate the sudden change. Also, at the time this feeling hit me we were through with dinner and watching a show at the comedy club. Although I was DYING with stomach pains, I refused to get up in the middle of the show to use the washroom...I didn't want to be a subject in the show!

Now, the good news out of all this excitement for my poor digestive tract; I just weighed myself and I weigh less now than I did this morning! I hope it sticks overnight.... Plus, I had a ball at the comedy club...it felt great to laugh for almost 2 hour straight.

I hope you guys had a super day.

CanadaMel
09-24-2010, 10:58 AM
Morning all- it's Friday!
We're off to renew one daughters passport and then we may go camping as the sun finally did come out yesterday. And it brought warmer temps here finally.
I am worried though since when we camp I tend to not be careful about what I eat.

I'm terrible at personals, so I won't attempt them today, but a question of the day is: How do you reward yourself for a job well done?

KimL1214
09-24-2010, 12:33 PM
CanadaMel~ It's supposed to be 80 here today... Very Weird for Sept. in Vermont

Angie~ LOL on not wanting to get up in the middle of the show, I love going to those shows, but am afraid to sneeze as I'm worried I'll suddenly become the subject of ridicule.

Serval87~ No TMI, TOM sucks...

Gym didn't happen yesterday due to some crazy annoying circumstances... I live with my parents right now, trying to save up money, and one of the deals we have is that I make dinner... Well they didn't cooperate last night so I didn't even get dinner done until 6:45... and it's dark by 7, plus dad wanted me to watch a movie with him... it was a disaster. So I'm either walking or hiking right after school tonight, not going home until I'm done!!!

How do you reward yourself for a job well done?~ Unfortunately most of my rewards require money, which I am lacking right now. I love getting new clothes when I hit a weight goal, and taking myself out to the movies. For every day things, when I stick to my schedule, I let myself watch TV a little longer or indulge in a Jell-O mousse cup. Avoiding food rewards is super hard, and my mousse cups are the only things I use now... where I used to go out with friends to a restaurant to celebrate things...

sha25
09-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Happy Friday everyone.. I am so excited for the weekend, not that we are doing much but getting the backyard ready for fall/winter. I had a long week at work and can't wait to spend time with my family.. I only see my husband on Fri nights, sat all day and Sunday until 4.. Other then that we work opposite sched. So I always love the weekends for some good family quality time together..

How do you reward yourself for a job well done?

I have brought a new dress for an event because my old one was too big!!:carrot:

Mani/pedi, and have brought myself some new clothes when my size changed. I also invested in some really good bra's when my band size changed but my cup size didn't, so they were too loose.

I am going to have to come up with some new idea's since money is a but tight right now due to a unexpected home repair.. Anyone have some idea's for me that does not involve lots of $$$$$$, lol!!

tambolina
09-24-2010, 01:01 PM
[QUOTE=KimL1214;3492328][FONT="Book Antiqua"]

tambolina~ WELCOME!!! Have you talked to your husband about the intimacy issues?

thank you KimL, yes we have talked extensively about it. we have been married for 17 years and last spring we were headed for divorce. :( We are now seeing a marriage counselor, which doesn't help his drive but at least we are trying to work on other issues.

lindalee9
09-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Money is tight for us as well. I would love to be able to go on shopping sprees, but that is not realistic as I will continue to lost weight and these clothes I have now are so temporary. I bought 3 pairs of size 16 jeans two months ago and they are starting to feel loose already. I know that they will last for a few more months, but I really overdid when I bought 3 pairs!!!

I love going out to eat to celebrate (or I should say loved), but now it is not that great a reward to me. I don't know what will replace it. I really want to go on a cruise when I reach my ultimate goal (not sure what that is yet - just trying to get to healthy BMI right now), but they can get expensive.

Anyway, hope to hear some good ideas from others.

tambolina
09-24-2010, 02:18 PM
I like to reward myself with a night out with the girls. We go to a movie or hang out. Trying really hard to stay away from food rewards. I have gotten massages which can be inexpensive if you have a massage school in your town, they are eager to give massage for not alot of money. Before losing weight, I ate out almost everyday for lunch, by eating in everyday for lunch, I save almost $5/day on lunches. Really adds up if I put that into a savings account.

Shan84 - thanks for being our fearless leader!! Glad to hear your dad is better.

Sha25 - enjoy the time with your family this weekend.

KimL - way to take charge!! We all have people that may not be in alignment with our goals, so way to find a way to handle it.

CanadaMel - make sure to pack healthy snacks for you and your family. It is easy to think... "I will start again on Monday" but stay strong.

Angie - CONGRATS!! on hitting your 2nd minigoal!!

LeslieLou - Congrats on being strong!! :dust:

alwe74
09-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Hello all!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!:carrot:

Jen
09-24-2010, 11:20 PM
Hey all. I am really behind this week in my reading so I'm skipping to page 5! I just haven't been motivated at all this week to do anything. Work has really been dragging me down and personal stuff at home has been bad. :( It's okay, it's not the end of the world, I'm tough!! How do I reward myself? Realistically I don't think I do. I don't think I've ever said to myself that I really and truly deserve something for doing a good job. That's sad now that I see it written down. I know I've said that for something foodwise but I just said it to justify eating something I knew I shouldn't be eating. Hmm, have to think about that a little.

shan84
09-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Sorry ladies for not getting back to personals this weekend. I'm fighting a bad cold and I'm trying desperately to get better before I return to work on Monday. It's the middle of Saturday afternoon here now and I'm not all that great. I hope you are all having a good first week of the challenge.

Please don't forget weigh ins must be completed by Sunday night at 10pm AST. If you forget to weigh in on time, or at all, then you will use your first freebie automatically.

GO RED TEAM!

TriHarder
09-25-2010, 01:47 AM
Hi,

Sorry I haven't checked in earlier, its been a crazy last couple of days and I promise to do better next week.

I've been busy and haven't had the time I usually do to exercise so I don't expect great things on Sunday but hopefully, I at least haven't gained.

Will check into the other threads too.

Have a great weekend,
Robyn

dudesmom
09-25-2010, 02:50 AM
Jen-sometimes its so hard to catch up on forums because they get so long! Hope next week is better than this one has been for you.

Shan-Feel better soon!

I guess first things first-how do I reward myself? I haven't yet! My first planned reward was going to be a new haircut at 30 lbs lost (which I just recently reached), but we're pretty poor too. I don't really want to get a cheap haircut as a reward, so I may just pick something else, but I'm not sure what. I'm not really good at doing nice stuff for myself, so it is pretty hard.

Other than that, we finally went grocery shopping today! I was just about out of fruits and veggies, so it's nice to be fully stocked again. After that I just hung out with my kids, cleaned, cooked, cleaned some more, and worked out. Not sure what is in store for tomorrow, other than making soup and going to the park, but I should work homework in somewhere! Hoping the scale shows a great number on Sunday. Goodnight all!

JasonsLea
09-25-2010, 04:14 AM
:wave: everyone!

Just doing my weekly pop-in. :p Down another lb, I know it'll pick up in October once I have to go back to classes on campus. :grouphug:

pinkpolkadot
09-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Saying Hello to everyone! Sorry I haven't been involved much...my metformin is wreaking havoc on my stomach :barf:. My diet and exercise have been off because of it. Hope everyone is doing well!:grouphug:

All kinds of art supplies. I enjoy being creative and it keeps my mind busy
when I am home alone.

:devil:GO RED TEAM!:devil:

grneyegrl
09-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Hi Red Team, the next couple weeks are going to be crazy for me since i am moving. Not sure about internet access but i will try to check in and weigh in and stick to a schedule!

shan84
09-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Hey red team! Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm still fighting this cold, and I return back to work tomorrow after having a week off on holiday.

Don't forget you must weigh in tomorrow before 10pm AST or you will automatically use your first freebie. GO RED TEAM!!

Serval87
09-26-2010, 07:11 AM
Ugh. Glad I did good Tuesday, but it kind of sucks that it's really the only workout I've done all week. :( TOM sucks so bad! I'll be glad when it's over, so I can go back to normal and start exercising again. I have been completely drained of energy.

Well, I used to take a long, hot bath ... but since my water heater busted a few months ago I can kiss that goodbye. Also, our money is tight too, and I love buying things like books and the shirt or dress or skirt I will occasionally find on sale (that actually fits). I also have a few shows that are somewhat of a guilty pleasure: wife swap, bridezillas ... mindless reality television. I love not having to use my brain all the time, so they help me unwind and I find them very entertaining. Oh yeah, food too, but I should probably be stopping that ... if I ever want to lose weight, that is.

Violet73
09-26-2010, 09:39 AM
hey guys! I haven't been able to catch up with everyone, but I just wanted to wish you all a great weigh in today :) I actually lost 5 pounds and it's my TOM! I'm excited about that :D

We are going back to the fair today for the last day..maybe it's all that walking that helping me lose :D

I hope you all have a great day!:D

Angie
09-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Just checked out the WI thread and there are some great losses there, congratulations everyone!

Today I'm cooking scrumptious on plan food -- chicken & veg soup on the stove, pork tenderloin in the slow cooker, and our side dish tonight will be a spinach, mushroom and artichoke casserole. I loooove cooking!

BlueEyes65
09-26-2010, 04:31 PM
Hi everyone! What a chatty bunch here. I don't think I can catch up on 6 pages of personals so I'll just say that I hope everyone had a good first week of the challenge. I am the same, not down but not up either...
I am devoting myself to exercise this coming week , this has been my downfall lately... Good luck all! GO RED TEAM!!!

julie99s
09-26-2010, 05:17 PM
No loss for me. I've been struggling to lose and I don't know why. My food choices are ok, I'm working out 6 days a week, and I love going to the gym. I suppose I won't complain about the no loss too much... I'm down 2 inches in my waist :)

Narnia99
09-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi everyone!
I'm so sorry but I think it's best if I drop out of this challenge. I broke my toe last night, and the doctor said that it's going to be around 4 weeks until it heals :( I won't be able to exercise, and I know that will mean that I will have a really hard time losing any weight. I don't want to hurt the team, so I think it's best if I sit this challenge out. So good luck everyone, I'll be cheering you all on :cheer:

nurse2be
09-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Hi everyone! I've been sick, will have to go to the clinic @ my school Wed if I still don't feel good. You'd think w/the heat + not feeling well I'd not want to eat, BUT I blew it earlier on Thursday. Took my exam and my Mother was visiting + cooked one of my favorite meals and then another the next day. Now I am craving all the stuff I've been good with lately. Rice, tostadas, etc...carbs obviously. Gonna try and re-start counting calories today. Wish me luck!

shan84
09-26-2010, 06:53 PM
Don't forget to weigh in red team! We have some great losses being posted already this week. Good for all of you. I will be back later to post the new threads for next week.

Again, please weigh in before 10pm AST. GO RED TEAM!

lukesmom
09-26-2010, 08:45 PM
I so hope I haven't gotten kicked off already. I totally spaced on having signed up and then have had family issues the last 2 weeks. I need to go back and read over the "rules". Later,

Luckybustert
09-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi Red Team!

I thought I posted earlier in the week to say hello but maybe it was in another thread or maybe I just forgot to hit "post".....who knows, it was one of those weeks! Anyway, I am glad to be back on the red team and I posted a 1.8 lb loss today. Yeah, pretty small, but it's a LOSS and every little bit counts!!!

Hope you all are enjoying the weekend!

shan84
09-26-2010, 09:53 PM
lukesmom- Your still in it. The first weigh in is tonight. Please post your week one weigh in before 10pm AST. Thanks.

shan84
09-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Weigh in time has passed. For those of you who forgot to weigh in, I already edited your post and put in your first freebie. We had many this week. I'll be back with our results in the next day or so.

Later tonight you can watch for the new threads for week 2. Good job on our first week red team!