WW Clubs and Groups - #239 Bale of Turtles Planning Hard

Itryharder
09-17-2010, 06:23 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!

Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

life4evr
09-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I haven't exactly been on plan the past couple of days. Still trying to figure out how to deal with my cravings.

Princess yeah I am in college. Decided to have a career change, soon after starting one. LOL. It's is a combination of school and being broke right now.

So it is weigh in day I will see how much damage was done. Everyone have a goodnight.

Princess1122
09-19-2010, 07:16 AM
Good morning all and happy Sunday to everyone!

DH and I went to Cincinatti for the day yesterday... met his brother and wife and then we all went to Octoberfest - which was a blast! Tons of German food that made my toes curl... LOL. I had a wonderful Potato Pancake and then a big couple of scopes of homemade ice creams from a wonderful parlor there that truly makes it just two gallons at a time... I think they were actually on Oprah "favorite things" one year - the place is called Graeters (sp?) - but - over all - I could have done way worse. We went back to their house where they had planned a party for my BIL for his birthday - stayed for a while then headed on home due to the long drive - Cinci is about 2 hours from us. So it was a long but very nice day. Oh yeah, did I mention all of the German Pastry stands... ugh - brought a couple home with us to nibble on later today. :D

I will hop back online later on to catch up with everyone!

MrsTH06
09-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Morning Turtles!

I have been MIA for a bit. Trying to get in the flow of things, school starting, soccer and ballet and tap and planning ofr my daughter's birthday party. Theres no way I can catch up with you chatty ladies lol

Last time i was around I was nervous about hopping on the scale with my monthly friend.I was very surprised to see a .2 gain on the scale I expected to see much more.

Well I weighed in this saturday and saw a 3.4 loss!!! I really needed to see that. Honestly the last few days before WI I was pretty sure I wasnt coming in close to hitting my points for the day, terrible.
Last night DH and I went out for dinner and im pretty sure i didnt kill all my points. Either way I need to track them as much as possible.

This wee Im focusing on tracking every BLT drinking my water and trying to get exercise in..ive been having some arch problems in my right foot. It kills So i know im not going to make my 25 miles this month. I will do as much as i can though.

Hope you guys are doing great!!

bandit2
09-19-2010, 02:27 PM
Hi turtles:

Kim - Usually when I roast a chicken I just put 1/2 lemon sliced & onion inside then rub some olive oil on it and pour abit of white wine over top & roast in pan along with some root veggies (sweet potatoe, parsnips, carrots)
Turns out good.

Judy - Like hearing you were down again, nice recovery!

Mrs T - nice to see you chiming in again!

Princess - OMG Octoberfest, I think I gained some just reading your posts.
That food is sooooooooo decilicous.

My cabbage rolls turned out really good (had a taste yesterday) I used grated cauliflower instead of rice for first time and they are really tasty.
Trying to save a few calories where I can. So that is my dinner for tonight - chicken, cabbage rolls and veggies (maybe a baked potatoe)

Ate too much at wedding yesterday but that is easy to do, so have to behave now and have another loss at the scales this week (hopefully)

Lets all have a successful week!

Itryharder
09-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Hi Turtles,
Life4evr, good luck with your studies. And super good luck with your weight loss. We all deserve to do the right thing and lose weight. :goodscale:

MrsTHO6, great weight loss! :bravo: :cheer: :goodscale: Doing so well in spite of your foot is fabulous! I hope your foot heals quickly so you can get in the exercise you want. I'm just back from the podiatrist for whirlpool and ultrasound to help ease inflammation. I'm still walking since I know it helps me------and dh and I love the boardwalk.

Princess, what fun to get to the Octoberfest! So many times those events have turned into a day of eating for me, so I'm so proud of you that you kept the eating restrained. Weigh to go! :bravo: :carrot: Good job on eating what you wanted most and not everything. My WW leader always says, "each bite is a choice" and although I really don't like taking responsibility for each food I eat, she is absolutely right! Nothing pops into my mouth because someone else put it there.

Bandit, the cabbage rolls with cauliflower instead of rice is ingenious! Now when I make jambalaya I use brown rice instead of white and I can't taste the difference since there are so many spices. You're doing great---losing weight and keeping up with a great social life. Weigh to go!

Nice weekend----family party at my nephew's to celebrate his :hb: It was a really good time and although I ate more than I intended, I didn't do that badly. Yay! And I was able to get right back on track for Sunday. Today is good so far and WI is just a couple of days away. I've got my fingers crossed.

Good luck to everyone!
Lin, Lauren----how are you doing?
Cherry, Tessa, KimL and all the gals-----good luck with all you're doing.
Judy
234.6/193/170's by 9/30 :cool:

CherryAutumn
09-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Judy- Glad to hear the eating didnt go badly. Thanks for all the encouragement you give everyone.:hug:

Bandit-The cabbage rolls sound yummy

Mrs.T- The 3.4 pound loss sounds great.:carrot: Yay! Sounds like your busy with the kids. Me to.

Princess - Oh i love potato cakes. Proud of you for trying your best to make good choices.

Life4evr- Hope the weigh in went well

Hello to - Kim, Lin, Lauren, Tessa, and hopefully i didnt forget anyone.

life4evr
09-20-2010, 01:09 PM
The weight in went fine. I didn't even gain a whole pound. So I am good with that. Apparently all the congestion decided to come up today so I am not feeling to good right now. Hope everyone has a good day.

Itryharder
09-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Cherry, good to hear from you! I see you are now down 14#. That is fantastic!!!!! Especially with little ones and moving and all. :goodscale: and weigh to go!

Life4evr, wow!!!!! that was great that the weight gain wasn't anywhere as high as you suspected. You know, I've been thinking this over because so many of us are thinking we had a "really bad week" and it turns out that we're up less than 2# almost all the time. I am sure that I'm stating the obvious, but we are getting so good at making decent choices, tweaking what we eat, making foods that are filling and lower in points and getting in more exercise that when we think we've "blown it" we haven't. Good for us! :cheer: :cheers:

I've had a good day./ Right now I've got eggplant that I dipped in a little eggwhite and a tiny amount of bread crumbs baking in the oven along with some butternut squash. I intend to make a healthy eggplant parm for my dinner (dh works tonight) and I'll have the squash cooked for when I decide to do something with it. LOL. In any case, dh and I are still walking almost daily on the boardwalk. It's anywhere from 1 1/2miles to 2miles and it's doing us good.

Best wishes to all!
Judy

Princess1122
09-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Good morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone... I actually got online at work... not sure if this will post or not but it is worth a try.

Doctor has me on different meds now... went for a chest xray yesterday and am still waiting for the results. The meds are super strong and have huge side-effects, no exercising allowed on these as it can lead to all sorts of unpleasent damage... ugh. To be honest I am not up for exercise anyway so no harm done.

Sounds like everyone is doing well... I have to get off of here and get to a meeting but will check back later on if I can.

bandit2
09-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Morning, turtles:

CHerry - nice job on your weight loss, you are doing great!

Life - a tiny gain will be gone in no time, just keep on track.

Judy - YOur eggplant sounds delicious, I love trying new things & lots of time new things become my favourite. I am feeling a veggie pie craving coming on - you know, that is one of my favourites thanks to you.

Princess - nice to see you posting and hope you are feeling better and get off those meds soon.

I am chugging along on my weight loss journey, staying OP and drinking my water. Have a big salad today for my lunch and had oatmeal for breakfast.

Biggest Loser tonight - YAH! So looking forward to a new season of that.

Have a great day, everyone!

peanutt
09-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Good morning everyone! WTG on all the positives that everyone is sharing!

The title of the thread is apt - I've started thinking about Thanksgiving (only 2 weeks away here in Canada) and how I can prepare my Thanksgiving meal in a more WW friendly way. If anyone has any Thanksgiving recipes they could share, I sure would appreciate it!

I feel like I'm gaining momentum on the plan now. I feel more confident about making good food choices, I've learned so much about portion sizes and the "filling foods" to feel full while eating on plan. I'm starting to tinker with some family favourite recipes to make them more WW friendly now that I know more about the food options.

I might watch Biggest Loser this season. I watched most of the very first season and enjoyed it.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Clever Tessa
09-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Happy Turtle Tuesday! :broc:

:goodscale: Did it. I done did it! Did it with a few tenths to spare... "under the deuce" as my friends all like to say. Of course I'll feel a little better the more distance I get between it and me - but it did feel pretty darn good. Unfortunately this is usually where I sabotage myself and think "cool, done! where are the browinies?" - this time I haven't felt that way - which is new (and nice). So I'm just carrying on, doing more of the same and looking forward to seeing the 180's next.

Zumba poundage (ok yeah, my eating habits have helped, but...) 9.8 pounds in 4 weeks after starting classes. Before? Maybe half that. :dance:

Judy and Peanutt, totally can't wait for The Biggest Loser too! Always so motivating (tho keeping in mind they work out 6+ hours a day and have no external distractions!). Love watching the tranformations. I actually have Tara, Shay and Michael on Facebook and keep track of how they're doing still.

Princess, your post was making me drool.... Mondo congrats on the loss!!! The meds do sound nasty - no doubt it's smart to just hang in there for now.

Kim, yup, I'd be wanting to kill my sibling for that too. Smart move getting it out of the house!

Cherry, even with the move you're doing great! Hope things are settled soon and the new place feels like home!

MrsT - I'm a firm believer in the phantom poundage. No doubt that's what you saw and it vanished before there could be any proof of its existence. :lol: Congrats on the loss!!!

life4evr - Not even a pound... your congestion alone may be accounting for what the scale shows (or I'm sure it feels like it!). :getwell:

Ok, must away to more work... One of my employees told me today that another employee told him I was mean. Which, actually, made me chuckle.... I'm not mean, I just want them to do what I have faith they're capable of doing. But, if you need it.... :drill: (:rofl:)

Toodles Turtles,

Tes

bandit2
09-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Hey Tes - I know I have lost a few pounds, but doesn't make me invisible.

Clever Tessa
09-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Wow.... I'm going to hope that you don't think I did that on purpose because your post kinda made my stomach drop...

SORRY!!!!!! Don't take it that I don't care or didn't notice. I usually keep a list of things I want to comment on and it must've gotten skipped. Because I'm here at work it usually takes about an hour to actually finish and post something.
Just dug through and found my note- and there was a note about your loss (well done, well done) and Zumba.

You know I'm happy for ya, and for everyone's success.

Tes

Itryharder
09-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Tessa, :goodscale: :bravo: :cheer: :dancer: :balloons: ohmygoodness, under 200# is fabulous. I am so happy for you and I know how hard you've worked to accomplish this. Keep up the good work! Yay.

Princess, I'm sending :goodvibes: and prayer and healing vibes that this medication works quickly and you're feeling much better soon. Okay, that's the deal: get better, then exercise. :love: You'll find the answer to this soon, I know.

All goes well here. Dh had a good report at his doctor today. All numbers are better so he can keep on doing what he's been doing. We had our daily walk at beach, then I had packed a lunch and we sat at the shoreline and had our little picnic and chatted with the sound right in front of us. Wonderful. Too cold to swim-----there were swimmers but they already were in wet suits. It was just great being there, and then to get the good news from the doc was great.

:dancer: :carrot: :dance: :swim: :beach: :bravo: to all of us.

Peanutt, you're doing great. I'll get some WW related Thanksgiving recipes on here real soon. As a matter of fact, here's a sweet potato and apple casserole from WW's. :chef: Also, check this site for WW recipes for holidays. As I remember there are several good ones.

SWEET POTATO AND APPLE CASSEROLE
Ingredients:
3med. sweet potatoes
1/4c sugar
1T grated orange zest
1/2t. nutmeg
1/4t. salt
3 med. apples, pared, cored, and cut crosswise into 1/2"rings
1/4c. orange juice
PreP
1. Wash and prick potaotes. Microwave on high for 8 minutes. Peel and cut into 1/2" slices
2. Combine sugar, orange zest, nutmeg, and salt in small bowl
3. In deep 1 1/2qt. microwavable casserole layer alternate slices of potatoes and apples, sprinke with sugar mixture, then orange juice. Microwave on high for 6 minutes----apples should be tender. (I would probably just bake this in the oven with my turkey for about 35-40 min. as a guess)

Per serving : Makes 6 servings; 134calories 0fat, 3gfiber
2points per serving

Okay everybody. We're doing great. Keep up the good work and keep the good ideas coming!
Judy

life4evr
09-22-2010, 01:01 AM
Hope everyone is doing well. I have to get back on plan tomorrow. Not the best choices today. On the other note it was clinical so alot of walking around. Not to mention a walk up a nice lovely hill.

So after thinking I need to start cooking again. I have been squeezing weight watchers recipes in on my family. So far my mom likes them. My dad not so much, but he is a funny eater. A dessert recipe is next. I just can't tell them.

That's all for now everyone have a goodnight.

Princess1122
09-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all!

Got the results back on the chest xray and all is well - no signs of anything so I have to make an appointment with the doctor for a follow up. DH and I are going out to eat tomorrow night for my birthday which will be fun, we are trying a new place and I have looked at the menu online and they have lots of fish, salads, etc so I should be able to make smart choices. We are going to DS's house on Sunday for a family get together and I requested grilled chicken since it is for my b-day I was asked to pick the menu... grilled chicken seemed safe ;)

Judy: A walk and picnic on the beach sounds fabulous! I do miss that part of living on the east coast... I miss hearing the waves and looking at the ocean. Your recipe sounds wonderful... especially with fall here now.

Bandit: Sounds like you are busy as usual! The cabbage rolls sound awesome... can you tell me how you make them? Good luck at W/I tomorrow - I am skipping mine as DH made reservations and that overlaps with my meeting.

Tessa: I do the posting the same way you do... LOL - especially with so many of us now I tend to forget what was said by the time I get to do my post. There is nothing wrong with expecting your employees to do their work and even to excel at it - maybe even show some dedication by doing a little bit more! Nothing wrong at all with that - you are not mean! Oh yeah, congrats on hitting "onederland"!!!! I hope to be there again soon myself!

Peanut: Maybe when preparing dishes use light butter, broth's, etc instead of heavy creams and full fat butters... also, look on the recipe section of this site as I think they have a holiday section. Happy cooking!

Cherry: How are you doing?

Life4evr: Yeah, pleasing everyone is hard - maybe just do your cooking and not mention where you got the recipe or what is in it? LOL - what they don't know won't hurt them!

MrsTHO: Good job on the loss! Very good indeed! Keep at it!

I sure hope I did not miss anyone! Have a great day all!

CherryAutumn
09-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Well I had just enough time to read everyones new posts. My ticker isnt correct right now i just havent changed it. I weighed 239.8 this morning so i had a gain of .6 pounds. I will take it. My hubby and i are trying to do better this last week so i hope to be seeing results soon. I really need to get some exercise in but my new house has stairs and i think that will really help.

Itryharder
09-22-2010, 01:43 PM
Cherry, that's a tiny gain and I know you've got what it takes to work the program. :goodvibes:

I'm just back from my WW Wi and I'm down .8#. It feels good to have broken the gaining cycle. I wish I were down more, but I'll take it and keep on keepin' on. Off to the boardwalk with dh. I'm reading everyone's posts, and am wishing us all well.
Judy
234.6/192.2/170's by 9/30 :cool:

Princess1122
09-22-2010, 02:06 PM
Judy: congrats! that is great!

Cherry: not a bad gain at all! working with your husband on this will make it easier. DH and I used to do it together and it sure was easier... Now, not so much... LOL

econ nerd
09-22-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm back after being MIA for a couple weeks... The beginning of the school year is busy and takes some adjusting... I am starting into my third week on WW and today was weigh in - I am down 2.8 pounds for the past two weeks. I am happy with that although I would have preferred more - but I have not been as careful with my points as I should be and it shows. This week I plan to strive to keep track of my points each and every day! I also need to tune in to 3FC more often!

Princess1122
09-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all!

Kind of a gloomy day here today, very foggy this morning - we finally got some rain yesterday but it is still stinking hot so I guess that makes for foggy mornings ;)

Going out to eat with DH tonight... yah, no cooking for me :D

Karen: That is a good loss! congrats! Tracking is important and something that I really need to work on... good luck!

All: have a great day everyone!

Itryharder
09-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Princess, :hb: I hope I've got the date right! Have a good time out for dinner tonight with your dh.

Econ Nerd, you're doing great. :goodscale: Chime in whenever you can. We all understand busy.

Had a weird day yesterday. Let it be said that if you like bread, do not under any circumstances buy the new Bread Toast by Bimbo that is appearing on shelves here on Long Island, NY. I ended up throwing what little was left out so that I didn't eat the whole thing. Egads. Met with my women's group here last night. We break for the summer so it was really good to see the gals. So, I'll count in the extra points I used up yesterday and keep on keepin' on. The house looks great since I spent some time dusting and mopping floors, so today I can read a book since dh has an appointment with one of his buddies.

Oh, my Canadian friends-----for your Thanksgiving, would you consider making baked apples along with your apple pie? Loads less calories and still very tasty. Also, my WW leader said there's nothing wrong with a baked sweet potato instead of the marshmallowy stuff we still do here in the states. I'm still thinking of substitutes for you.
Judy

peanutt
09-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Good morning everyone! I'm sorry I don't have the time this morning to write out individual replies, but I have been reading along. WTG for everyone staying on plan and keeping moving!

Thanks for the Thanksgiving recipe tips so far. Baked apples sound great! I will check out some recipes for those.

I haven't been exercising as much as I wanted to this week. I have to get my butt back in gear in the next few days. After lots of cold, rainy weather we're now having some above-average temps and lots of sun through the weekend. No excuse not to go for that bike ride this weekend!

Have a great day everyone!

KimL1214
09-23-2010, 12:28 PM
peanutt~ Do you go mountain biking or road biking?

Itryharder~ Baked apples sounds super yummy!!! Congrats on being down 0.8!!!

Princess1122~ :bday2you:

econ nerd~ Congrats on being down 2.8!!!

CherryAutumn~ Stairs in your new house will be a big help! I make lots of trips up and down the stairs, usually silly trips, taking one piece of clothing upstairs at a time, etc.

life4evr~ LOL, I keep sneaking WW recipes in on my family, my dad never believes me when I tell them after dinner...

bandit2~ How did you like the new TBL season premiere?

Hey ladies!!! Just stopping in to say a quick hello!!!

I've been struggling a lot the last few days, letting this nasty cold take over my life and allow me to make impulsive decisions... SO... Plan is to change that today as I am finally starting to feel better and seem to be on the other side coming out of being sick. Gym today after school, pizza night tonight, and some trampoline while watching Bones and Fringe (seriously tough calf workout!). I've already doubled my water intake today from yesterday, so I'm aiming for 100 oz. minimum (I only had 30 yesterday, BAD, BAD, BAD Kim).

life4evr
09-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Hope everyone is doing well. I am just feeling blah today. But I did rejoin my gym so it's off to the gym for me tomorrow I can't do it today.

bandit2
09-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your special day with a nice dinner.
For the cabbage rolls I used basic recipe then substituted finely chopped
raw cauliflower for the rice.

Tessa - congratulations on your milestone weight loss!

Judy - nice job on your weigt loss this week. Also, your sweet potatoe recipes sounds very good.

Kim - yes, I watched BL, some very sad cases & sometimes I find all the crying alittle disturbing but overall I like the show. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Life - glad to hear you will be going back to the gym.

Karen/Peanutt/Cherry - hope you are all doing great and staying OP.

Tonight I have my weigh in at Tops then off to bowling with my ladies group.

All - I want to apologize for my behaviour the other day - I am sorry.
This is a great group and we are all here for one another.

Keep up the good work!

Itryharder
09-23-2010, 04:56 PM
Life4evr, so glad you rejoined the gym. It's a good incentive to get :tread:, etc. Weigh to go!

Bandit, good luck at your WI at TOPS. After talking about your and Princess's success at TOPS, my dh looked up their site and found daily menu plans for the month. What a great source of information. :chef:
Have fun bowling!

KimL, You know, I've found it difficult to be "good" when I'm sick. Somehow I think all those comfort foods my mom or grandma would give me when I was sick will make the germs go away and I'll feel better. Hasn't worked yet, and I'm old enough to know better! LOL Getting to the gym will help you. Here's :cheers: to feeling much better real fast! You've also got me thinking that a homemade pizza whole wheat crust might be delicious. I want to give that a try next week.

Peanutt, good luck on getting back to your exercise. It's one thing that I have trouble sticking to a routine and it's so easy for me to give up on.
:goodvibes: on getting into your day again. My dh walks at the beach with me and his determination to lose weight is helping me a lot right now.

Everybody have a good day. :cheer: :bravo: :dancer: :carrot:
Judy
234.6/192.2/170's by 9/30

Clever Tessa
09-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Happy Friday eve all!

First, thank you all for the kudos on kickin' the deuce. It's still a little surreal to be here almost a full week. I think last time it barely lasted until I got off the scale and in the vicinity of my kitchen. :lol:

Drama in Tessa-ville. Long story short, ended up involved in an email attack against my mother by two of her "friends" - instead of picking up the phone and discussing it like the 65 year old grown women they are. They involved me on Tuesday so it's been just, oh, loads of fun since.... :rolleyes:

But, I said my piece to them and now it's behind me cuz tonight is Zumba and tomorrow's Fridaaaaaaaay :carrot: :cb: :broc: :cp: :hat:

Princess, happy belated!!!!! :bday2: Hope it was a great one! Glad your x-ray came back good too! Just good news all 'round!

Judy, Congrats on the loss! :yay: Good news on DH's numbers allowing you guys to just carry on as you have been. Thanks for that recipe too - looks like it could almost pass for dessert!

Life4evr, you've got it - just don't tell them. I use apple sauce instead of oil in a lot of things and years ago my ex-MIL ate up all I baked - until she learned what I was using then suddenly it all had a faint apple taste. :rolleyes: Congrats on getting back in the gym - not always fun, but worth it! :exercise:

Cherry, don't bother changing your ticker now, you won't be there long - just change it when there's the new lower number! :cool: (hope the move's going good!)

Kim, hope you're on the mend. You're my water drinking inspiration... I need to work on that!

Bandit, hope you have a great weigh in tonight :crossed: Wishing you 300's all the way across tonight at bowling! :cp:

Econ nerd - :wave: Nice to meet'cha! Awesome loss made even awesomer (that's a word, right?) by the fact that school's just back in. Nice....

Peanutt, enjoy that bike ride while ya can... it was 32 here this morning. I'm thinking this nice weekend has to be soaked in! :sunny: (with sunscreen, of course!)

:wave: MrsT!

Ok, must away as work won't do itself - if I'm not back before then, have an amazing, sunny, warm weekend everyone!

Tessa

KimL1214
09-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Clever Tessa~ LOL, no matter the age, the drama NEVER ends!!! How are you doing with your water today?

Itryharder~ The pizza was AMAZING!!! Unfortunately the gym didn't happen...

bandit2~ There were some pretty sad stories on TBL, and I feel sorry for the ones who got their hopes up and didn't make it, although I'm guessing they're going to have the ones that didn't make it do an at home challenge and then bring some of them onto the ranch.

life4evr~ How are you feeling today? Still planning on getting to the gym?

So my mom doesn't grocery shop or cook anymore, that's my job as I am living with them free of rent. Well mom agreed to grab groceries yesterday so I could get in a workout after school... and she forgot over half the stuff. So I ran to the grocery store after school, then home planning on getting in a quick walk as the gym wasn't happening... then I discovered that she had forgotten to take the pizza doughs out of the freezer, PLUS other needed ingredients... so I had to run to the grocery store AGAIN. Then, my dad wouldn't come out of the raspberry field. So, needless to say, there was no gym or workout yesterday as by the time I got dinner on the table at 6:45, it was getting dark, PLUS dad wanted me to watch a movie with him. I made sure last night that I had all the groceries I needed for tonight and I WILL get in a workout before I head home today, so there can be no distractions!!! Hopefully I'll make it on at some point this weekend, but if not, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

Itryharder
09-24-2010, 03:46 PM
Hi Turtles,
Tessa, that mother/friends/email drama is toooooo much. It's very easy to let something escalate into drama on the net, so I'm glad you were able to throw water on the debate and hopefully that's where it will stay. Enjoy the Zumba! My dd has a tape and the maracas and loves it. What fun! I've used applesauce instead of oil in baking cakes and banana bread, etc. but mostly I try not to even have those things around since I pick and pick and before I know it I've eaten a lot.

Mrs. Tho, how are you?

KimL, living at home is complicated. I'm glad you can give your folks a hand with the grocery shopping etc. And they are generous to not collect rent from you. It should be nice trade-offs all around and they seem to love your company. Good luck with everything you're doing.

Bandit, doing anything exciting this weekend?
Princess, how was your :hb: and dinner? My :hb: is coming up soon. Dh and I are heading out to a casino in a week or so. We really enjoy that type of entertainment. Weird, I guess, but it's a nice birthday present for me.

Cherry and Eco Nerd, Life4evr,and all the gals-----keep on posting, we're doing great.
Judy
234.6/192.2/170's :cool:

life4evr
09-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Hey everyone. Hope everyone is having a good day.

@Kim no the gym isn't happening today. Hasn't been a good day. I am feeling the effects of the not so good food choices. I am very very drowsy and sluggish. Not to mention just overall not feeling to good. Hopefully after a decent night sleep I wil be feeling better tomorrow.

bandit2
09-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Morning, everyone:

Yesterday I met with a weight loss coach and she said for me to lose
weight I need to have about 1300 calories and eat 75g of protein.
So that is next weeks plan & see how that goes.
Has anyone ever counted protein before? The calories equals approx 26 points. Also since I didn't go to trailer I went to have a walk/swim at my center and couldn't believe the pool was drained and closed until Oct 2 - but I did get in a 2 mile walk anyway.

Going out to dinner then off to dance tonight.

There are already so many leaves accumulating in my yard & drive, so today might get some raking done - it is nice and sunny up here.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Itryharder
09-26-2010, 11:09 AM
Bandit, seeing a weight loss coach is a great idea. Isn't this a good time of year for you to lose weight? I usually do well in the fall/Christmas. I think all the holidays scare me so much because I could gain so much weight that I often really buckle down and "do it". Please let us know how your new eating plan works out. I know I'm ready for something new. I heard that WW';s is offering a new plan Dec.1, but I don't want to wait that long. I need to plan out my meals because what I'm doing isn't working. The hives are a complication, but I'm letting them be an excuse and that's plain stupid. I'm not putting what I want long term over what I want at the moment. I'll get it together, but now I have to do it. Baby steps have worked for me in the past, so I'll start there.

Bandit, have a great dinner out and dance. You keep nice and active! Raking leaves has to count for something too.

Everybody have a good on program day! :grouphug: :goodvibes: We can do this!
Judy

life4evr
09-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Hope everyone is having a good day. So today was weigh in day. I am down 1.6 lbs. Which is great for me. I have almost lost 10 lbs. So I am feeling good about that. I am going to hit the gym up later and then study.

Itryharder
09-26-2010, 05:53 PM
Life4evr,

:goodscale: :bravo: :cheer: :dancer: :dance: :carrot:
Weigh to go! You're doing great.
Judy

Princess1122
09-27-2010, 08:27 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday!

Well the scale is way up for me right now but it is my own fault... between the meds and eating out of control I have NO ONE else to blame. Sigh... going to get back on track today and see how it goes.

Bandit: I sure hope you had a great time at the dance and with your friends! I agree with Judy, I would really like to see how this new way works for you and I am ready to try something else... the WW plan is just not clicking for me this time around... again, I know this is my issue and not WW. So did the coach take anything into the calculations when she came up with that number for you? Like current weight, etc. I have always wondered how they come up with those numbers... I have tried to look it up but just came away more confused.

Judy: Yes, you do alway seem to do really well over the holidays... me on the other hand, I have never met a Christmas Cookie that I didn't like... LOL! I am with you, I need something new!

All: Thanks so much for the birthday wishes! We had a really nice time when DH and I went out to eat and yesterday went to DS for a mid day meal and cake... it was a wonderful birthday! I have to run but will check back in later on. To all of those that lost - great job! To all of those that are struggling - keep at it, we will figure this out!

Susan

Itryharder
09-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Hi Turtles,
Hey, WW online with e-tools has an interesting collection of zero point side dishes. The idea is to avoid boredom by adding these dishes instead of just steamed broccoli, etc. Check it out.

Also Princess, :hb: time is always tricky. You and I are rowing hard in this same boat. LOL. We know what to do. Hey have you had a chance to read the Geneen Roth book? Maybe there's a tip in there that might spark your program. We've had lots of social occasions here, but although my weight went up 3# again after WI, I've got a bit of that off. The idea though is to actually lose weight------not maintain what I've done. I really do have a goal of breaking 180#. It's just the time I give myself to do that keeps stretching. Ugh. Today will be a good day. I just made a couple of tomato sandwiches for dh and I have a pot of vegetable soup on the stove for lunch. Yum.
Hey, if you'd like a simple dessert, may I offer this?

Take 1/2pkg. of ff sf vanilla pudding. Mix it with 1c. ff sour cream or 1c. ff plain yogurt. Stir it up. In small parfait dishes, slice a strawberry or two in the bottom, next put a big dollop of the pudding/sourcream mix on top, and then top with either blueberries or any fruit you like. Right now we're using just strawberries because the blueberries went through the roof in cost. That's it! I pointed it out and if you stretch the pudding mix into 8 tiny parfait dishes, it's only 1point. It's yummy. Try it. This is the WW cheesecake recipe cut in half.

Everybody have a great day! Although today is rainy, I'm in a good mood and I'm wishing a good day to everyone.
Judy

Clever Tessa
09-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Happy Monday all! (I know, those first two words should never be uttered together)

Just a quick check in to say :wave:

Princess, ug, gaining while you're not feeling 100% and on medication add in birthday celebrations... Here's to a healthy year and a clearly marked "back on track" for ya! I 2nd Judy's recommendation to read Geneen Roth's book - everyone should, it was life changing for me. Sounds a bit mellowdramatic, but seriously - that book flipped a serious switch for me and my relationship with food (and myself).

Kim, I'm doing ok with the water - not stellar, but better!!!! I actually have had to fill my mug today (instead of letting it sit) and my goal is to finish the one I have before I leave. :hat: (oh, wait, that's a glass of wine!) Sorry, I had to chuckle just a little with the visual of your dad not coming in from the raspberry fields. Totally brought back memories of my stepdad and how he'd hole up in the hot house for HOURS. I don't know what he was doing - workin' some mojo on the tomatoes I guess.

Judy, couldn't agree more about the email drama. For that matter, THAT is exactly my beef with everyone. If they're friends, then pick up the :censored: phone and converse! Instead of chucking accusations in an email... :mad: :rolleyes: I hope your casino birthday trip all works out! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Bandit, I only started really watching protein once I started Zumba - once I realized in 3 classes I was earning enough WW points to essentially "undo" 3 days of eating I figured what I put in my body post-workout is probably important and should be quality fuel. I found some Clif bars that have 20 grams of protein - they're a meal replacement since I get home from Zumba too late for an actual meal (I'm up at 5am, so dinner at 8pm isn't gonna happen - can't sleep with food in me like that anymore). Or I'll have a protein shake (Jillian Michael's is good) which has 15 grams of protein - I'll have that and maybe a hard boiled egg, or cheese stick, or 1/2 sandwich because calorically the shake is pretty low. But protein in general I try to be mindful of because God knows I don't need any help getting in enough carbs!!!! :dz:

Life4evr, congrats on the loss! :high: Hope you're still on the path to feeling better!

:wave: :grouphug: all!

Tessa

Princess1122
09-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday... wish is was Friday!

Temps are dropping here and it is really very brisk in the mornings now - had to drag out a fleece to wear to work this week. Looks like fall is finally here.

Tessa: Yes - I need to pick the book up again and get it finished then maybe read it again. I have not read anything that clicked with me yet but maybe the more I get into it something will happen. You are right about the protein and working out... it seems to go hand in hand. When I work out a lot if I don't go heavy on the protein then I am always starving... LOL - even more then usual ;)

Judy: Heres to a wonderful birthday celebration at the casino with DH - it sounds like a blast! DH got me a "nook" for my b-day - it is Barnes and Nobles E-reader - i am working on getting it set up but love it so far. I love to read and the ebooks are way cheaper so it will come in very handy!

Bandit: How are you doing? Is it getting cold up your way? We are dry as a bone down here and everyone is crying for rain but the temps are dropping at an alarming rate and no rain in sight... ugh. How did last weekend go? I have to read something/anything and present on it at a TOPS meeting soon - that is basically how they run their meetings... everyone takes turns doing a presentation of sorts... ugh - I am not good at public speaking at all and am not sure I am really qualified to do this but will do the best that I can.

life4evr: congrats on the loss! Great job getting to the gym!

Peanut: How are you doing?

Cherry: What is new with you?

MrsTHO: What is going on in your neck of the woods? Anything exciting?

Kim: How goes it with the cooking? Do you have slow cooker/crockpot? They are wonderful for busy schedules! I know that Judy and Bandit use them a bit during the cold months and I do to... let me look thru my recipes and see if there is anything that sounds good and I will post it.

Hope I did not miss anyone! Have a great day all!
Susan

Itryharder
09-28-2010, 10:44 AM
Princess, you're so smart. You'll come up with a good presentation for TOPS.

Hey guys, I'm heading out the door, but I have a new recipe that I haven't tried, but a fellow WW at my mtg. thinks is really tasty.

Pulled Pork
2# boneless pork top loin
1 1/2c. chopped onion
1 can diet soda (she used Diet Coke)
1 cup BBQ sauce
Place pork in slow cooker. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and pour over pork. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 hours or until meat is very tender.
Slice or shred pork, stir back into sauce. Serve on multigrain bun.
8 servings
4points for the pork mixture-----add whatever the points are for the bun you choose.

Have a great day. I ate well Sunday and yesterday, so I'm hopng to get this weight on the run!

:goodvibes: and :grouphug: to all
Judy
234.6/192.2/18 0's by 9/30 :cool:

Clever Tessa
09-28-2010, 12:02 PM
:wave:

Princess, I WISH our weather would go back to Fall! We're back into the mid-80's. I'm headed to L.A. on Saturday and yesterday it was 113 there. No bueno!!!! It's supposed to cool down by the weekend but still, it's crazy hot still! Congrats on the Nook! Santa brought me a Kindle last Christmas and I swear it's the best invention EVER! It gets to go on its first plane ride Saturday. LOL!

Judy, thanks for the recipe, that sounds delish!!!! Thanks for sharing, it will be on the menu when I get home next week.

Peace, love & cookies....
Tessa

peanutt
09-28-2010, 03:30 PM
I'm here and reading and following along with everyone's progress.

For my weekend weigh in I was down and I finally cracked the 250lb mark which was a key milestone for me starting out. (I know it's not what WW recommends losing each week, but I'm also working with my dr for this weight loss.)

I found it easier to get my daily activity in last week too because the weather has been so beautiful! Yesterday we set record high temperatures (27 Celsius) and I spent most of the day outside with work.

DH and I are currently choosing a fitness/rec centre to join. We have a couple of city operated options, plus a YMCA nearby. We're looking to do that in the next week or so.

Have a great day everyone!

Itryharder
09-28-2010, 04:48 PM
Peanutt, :goodscale: weigh to go! Oh, this is so wonderful. You're doing great. Keep on doing what you're doing. :cheer: :dancer: :carrot:
Judy

life4evr
09-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Congrats Peanutt. Hope everyone had a good day. Today was a clinical day I spent most of the day, walking and standing. My lunch wasnt the best because the hospital "healthy" choices really didn't look all that good :(. But I logged my points and I am okay. Not to mention the joy of walking from the parking lot to the hospital. Well have a goodnight. Off to study and call it a ngiht at a decent hour.

bandit2
09-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Good evening,turtles:

Princess - when I met with the coach she came up with a daily calorie limit and protein for me by looking at my current weight, height and when I stepped on her scales it measure body mass and middle stomach and basically threw those together and came up with my daily goal.
Glad you had a nice birthday! Yes, fall is on its way up here too, but the last few days we have had tons of rain and very windy.

Tessa - Those zumba classes sound like fun and a great way to burn off lots of calories and your protein choices sound really good, thanks for sharing.

Judy - OMG, I love pulled pork (at ribfest I always get one to bring home)
and will be tweaking my menu to fit your recipe in very soon.
Nice job with getting back on track with your menu.

Peanutt - congrats on your weight loss, that is fabulous!

Life - you too are doing awesome at the scale. Keep up the good work.

Cherry - hope you are hangingin there and doing your best.

Everyone else - post when you can and lets keep motivated.

As for me - I am trying to stay within my new goals and that is tricky.
But don't feel hungry which is good - but don't feel like the weight is falling off, so not sure about this new plan. I will still only post my results from Thurs weigh in so not to get things all confused.

Anyway, off to watch Biggest Loser!

Princess1122
09-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Morning Turtles and happy Wednesday to you all!

I have only just a minute or two before I have to head to a meeting but wanted to jump online and see what is going on with everyone.

Bandit: Thanks for the info on the coach... I will have to see if that formula is online some where so that I can figure it out for myself - it will give me something to follow.

Peanut: Great job on the loss!

Tessa: we had that horrible heat a couple of weeks ago, glad it is gone just sorry you have to deal with it... I am still trying to figure the Nook out... LOL - and I have an IT degree... ugh!

Judy: The pork recipe sounds amazing! I will be trying that here really soon. It is supposed to be cold here this weekend so I am thinking that would be a great Sunday football dish to make!

Back in a bit,
Susan

Itryharder
09-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm just back from my WW WI and lost .2#. Believe it or not, I'm going to take that and run. I just noticed that I've been about this weight for a very long time. I've got to push ahead to success. Good luck to us all!

:goodvibes: :grouphug: :carrot: :dancer: and :bravo: We're all brave working hard to get what we want most. Good luck to us all!
Judy
234.6/192/180 by 9/30 :cool:

bandit2
09-29-2010, 04:33 PM
Hi turtles:

Just a quick drop by this afternoon (at work)

Judy - Congrats of your loss this week. Down is down, and I would also take that anytime. I know it gets discouraging not to see big numbers, buy you are at least going in the right direction.

Princess - Again today, I am feeling bloated and kind of yucky, guess I am not used to so much protein. So will see how this week goes and maybe rethink a few meals.

Tonight, my gf is coming for dinner and I bought tilapia fillets to make along with a roasted red pepper sauce (something new) and making a greek salad,
green beans & baked potatoes. Hopefully, that will be OK night before my weigh in.

Beautiful day up here - warm & sunny.

Have a good evening, everyone!

Clever Tessa
09-29-2010, 05:45 PM
'afternoon Turtles!

Well, to Kim, my dehydration has bitten me in the.... well, leg actually. I ended up with a Grade 1 strain in my quad last night. Dehydration + one slightly wrong change of foot position in Zumba and *twang*. So here I sit, ACE bandaged, ice pack, I'd elevate but I'm at work and I'm sure putting my leg up on my desk would fly like a brick and resting. No Zumba for me tomorrow.... Booooo!!!!!! :( Apparently I've got to give it 72 hours and by then I'll be at Wally World.
But the good news is that they added a Wednesday Zumba class so I can now shake it 4 days a week!!!! ::goodvibes: :broc::exercise:

I'll be MIA for awhile - I'm headed to L.A. on Saturday and off to Disneyland with a few friends (hence my being ok with resting the leg and not pushing it - I've got airports and Disneyland to conquer!). I also get to see my brother and niece for the first time in 2 years and meet her 10 month old daughter - my brother's first grandchild (LOL!!! Still have to laugh when I say my brother's a grandpa). I'll be back though!

:bravo: Peanutt!!!! Well done! Great loss!

Life4evr, what is it with hospitals and their "healthy" food??? You'd think that would be the ONE place you could find good, quality choices.

Bandit, I'm really curious to see how things go with the weight loss coach, new eating plan, extra protein. Your comment about feeling bloated may have clued me in on something too.... wonder if it's not the extra iron in said protein? I've been noticing it too and didn't relate the two.

Princess, yeah, there are still things on my Kindle that baffle me. It also likes to pretend to turn off - either that or one of the critters in the house is turning it on to read "Eat Pray Love" while I'm not looking (occasionally I'll take the Kindle out, it's on and the battery is gasping its last breath). LOL! If you're trained in IT have faith, it'll come 'round for ya! :lol:

Judy, :dance: yes, take any loss and run! Not only is ANY loss wonderful, but the running will burn calories! ;)

Ok, must away to more work then "I'm a' leavin' on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again..." (well, not true, I'll be back on Wednesday! :lol: )

Have a great weekend everyone! :dancer:
Tessa

CherryAutumn
09-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Weigh in was yesterday and i was down .6 last week i had a .4 gain so Judy i guess i am down .2 also. I would like to see the number 238. I have been struggling with the 240 and 239 numbers for weeks and weeks. It gets a little disappointing. I feel like i just dont have any motivation. I get so tired of the same numbers over and over again. Sorry for being negative. I am trying to do better this week and i am trying to at least do a little exercise each day. (just little things like stairs or a few games on Wii Fit Plus.

KimL1214
09-30-2010, 01:31 PM
CherryAutumn~ What games do you have on Wii fit plus? I've been thinking about saving up and getting one, but there are so many games!

Clever Tessa~ Sorry to hear about your quad! Have fun in California!!!

bandit2~ How was dinner last night?

Itryharder~ Congrats on your loss!!!

Princess1122~ How are you doing today?

life4evr~ I HATE hospital food!!! How are you doing?

peanutt~ Congrats on your loss!!!

To everyone else~ :wave:

I'd love to blame my absence on being busy with lots of other things, but unfortunately, that's not the reason. My anti-depressants aren't working and getting out of bed each morning has become a real struggle. I haven't been watching my food or getting to the gym like I should, so I've been avoiding the scale. I'm going to suck it up and check myself out tonight so I know what damage I have done and need to fix.
Until then...
Just trying to keep my head up...

bandit2
09-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi turtles:

Tessa - sorry to hear about your injury, sounds painful. Hopefully
you can enjoy L.A.

Cherry - good you are getting in some exercise when you can. Keep at it and little by little things will get better.

Kim - my dinner was very good & the red pepper sauce was turned out nice as well. Had some wine which I didn't need - oh well, thats how it goes
sometimes. Hope you are feeling better.

Princess - how is your Tops presentation going?

I have my Tops w/i tonight & really don't feel like I have dropped any this week. Still feeling kind of yucky.

Hope everyone else is staying on track, getting in some exercise, drinking their water and enjoying their week.

CherryAutumn
10-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Kim- I think we are in the same boat. My anti-depressants aren't working that well for me either. Are you the one with little kids to? I think we have quite a bit in common. My favorites on Wii Fit are the Marching band, advanced step game, running, biking trail, and for fun snowball fight and kung fu rhythem exercises. There is also just plain exercises and yoga moves on it.

Tessa - Hope you are feeling better. That sounds painful

Bandit- Thanks for the encouragement.

Peanutt- congrats on the great loss. I would be thrilled to see a loss like that.

Princess- Not a whole lot new with me right now.

Judy-pulled pork recipe looks good.

Life4ever- Good to hear from you. How are things going?

I think i got everyone. Personal responses are always hard for me. So forgive me if they aren't that great.

bandit2
10-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi turtles:

I was down 3# at my weigh in & was surprised about that, since I truly didn't feel like I dropped any. So maybe this extra protein is helping.

Beautiful day up here & weekend is suppose to be nice as well.

life4evr
10-01-2010, 10:42 PM
I am back. Things aren't going all that great. My eating hasn't been that great this week. Plus no gym. I haven't really had the energy. Another long week. So I am just uggg right about now.

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

Princess1122
10-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Morning everyone, Just a quick fly by to say hello - my mom is ill again so I had to head up north on a last minute trip Thursday night - I got back late last night and am just plain worn out... I got home to find that our washing machine is on the blink so we need to call the repair person and I have to add the laundramat to my long to do list today.

I will be back later to check on everyone posts and get caught up.

life4evr
10-04-2010, 12:49 AM
So I had weigh in today I gained a pound for some reason my body keeps on trying to settle around 285. But next week is another week. Shall see how this goes.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Princess1122
10-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Hi Everyone!

I did get a chance to read through everyone posts but I don't really have time to do comments for each so will just wing it!

My eating is out of hand, just plain out of hand, not sure if it still has to do with the meds - i am on a new one and will be for the next 6 months - whatever it is I need to get it figured out as the scale is up over 5 lbs!

I found a site that has a calculator on it to figure out how many calories you should have per day to maintain and then you subtrack 500 calories from that number to get the amount you should have daily to lose weight... today I have started writing down calories rather then points just to see if it will help. Next week i will try and replace many of the foods with protien and see if that helps also.

Congrats to Bandit, Judy and everyone else that lost last week!

Sorry for the short posts lately just super busy!
Susan

Princess1122
10-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Going to try and post this site... not sure if it will work or not but here it goes.

http://www.shapefit.com/dailycalorie-calc.html

life4evr
10-04-2010, 03:24 PM
@Princess what kind of meds are you taking?

Princess1122
10-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Life4evr: I have been on a huge variety of them lately - LOL - I was on a bunch of different anti-biotics the last one was a real humdinger! It is normally given in IV form but they have it in tablet - Levoquin - I know I did not spell that right but to be honest I really never want to go on that again, I have never reacted to an anti-biotic like that in my life... ugh. I have been on a couple of rounds of steroids also but hopefully I am done with them now.
As many of the Turtles know I have struggled with smoking for a long time, I quit, then I start, I quit, then I start - well I just want to quit this time around - DH smokes so when he falls off the nonsmoking wagon I usually fall off right behind him. He is using the patch right now but I went a step further and started taking Chantix a week and a half ago... I need for it to all work in my favor this time. DH can not take Chantix but so far I am doing as ok on it as I can - lots of side effects, pain in my joints, dreams at night, headaches, etc. but the one that bothers me the most is the HUGE appetite I have seemed to aquire... UGH!
So that is the story... not a very exciting one... LOL.

Itryharder
10-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Hi Turtles,
I was away for a few days, then celebrated my :hb: yesterday. This site is doing amazingly well. I've read you all, but forgive me if I say :bravo:
:goodvibes: and :grouphug: to us all. Those who :swim: and :tread: and exercise in any form-----you're my heroes. Those who eat well, write down what they eat, and keep on keepin' on: You're my heroes too! I love you all and I have time right now to start a new thread. See you all at #240 Bale of Turtles Meaning It!
Love,
Judy