Vegetarian, Vegan & Raw/Living food recipes - Vegan Cookbook Recommendation

View Full Version : Vegan Cookbook Recommendation

Nienna
09-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Just thought I'd share this in case anybody was looking for a new cookbook. I bought "150 Vegan Favorites" by Jay Solomon earlier this year, and it's quickly become a family favorite, which says a lot, considering that my family members are all meat-eaters! The recipes are nutritious and flavorful (though I usually increase the amounts of spices when cooking) and cover soups, salads, bean dishes, sauces/dips/dressings, pasta, rice, grains, legumes, root vegetable dishes, and desserts. Good for non-vegans, too; some of the recipes can serve as side-dishes, and vegetarians can easily add cheese to many of the dishes, should they choose.

I know this was unsolicited, but I love finding awesome cookbooks, so I wanted to share my good fortune! :D

Does anybody else have any cookbook recommendations (vegan or vegetarian)?

L R K
11-23-2010, 06:14 PM
These are my 2 faves so far, both are vegan;

The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone
How it all Vegan by Sarah Kramer

nelie
11-23-2010, 10:31 PM
I have a ton of Vegan cookbooks, my favorites are:

Vegan with a Vengeance
Veganomicon
Madhur Jaffrey's World Vegetarian
Viva Vegan!
Yellow Rose Recipes
The Vegan Table
The Urban Vegan
Vegan Soul Kitchen

Coming Soon:
Appetite for Reduction (I was a tester for this cookbook, it comes out in the next couple weeks)

For newish vegans or vegans that live with limited food options, I'd recommend
Supermarket Vegan
Vegan on the Cheap

Wildflower
11-24-2010, 01:19 AM
For super fancy recipes I love "Professional Vegetarian Cooking" The title is misleading, it's entirely vegan and restaurant quality recipes. The author is the only person to win a top pastry competition with a vegan desert.

Joy of Vegan Baking is great too and Vegan Cupcakes take over the World.

I second Nelie on Vegan with a Vengeance. That is my all time fav cookbook.

moon safari
01-11-2011, 09:58 PM
I really like Sarah Kramer's cookbooks. She can get a bit twee and self-involved but her recipes are generally pretty easy.

Anamule
01-25-2011, 12:27 PM
I would but any book by ISA Chandra moskowitz
We love appetite for reduction!