Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 09-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #1  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Default What a week!

I just need a place to say this all out loud (or in print at any rate)... it seems so surreal.

I had Eli on Friday, September 3rd. On Wednesday, September 8th DH gets laid off. He gets temporary, part time work on the same day. Nowhere near enough to pay the bills and no insurance, but something at least. Now, today, he receives a job offer making what he was before he got laid off, with insurance, with a better company in a better position with much better prospects for the future. Whew! It's been a roller coaster of a week!

You'd think my emotions and hormones would be completely nuts at this point, but I have been surprisingly un-freaked out. (Which I think freaks out DH a little.) God has really blessed us and brought us peace, it's been awesome!

Oh yeah, and the baby is doing great. He's gained 1.25 lbs and grown 2 inches in 11 days... healthy boy! Big brother thinks that he is the coolest thing ever, we're all doing really well. Couldn't ask for any more than we have in life!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #2  
Slow and Steady

Height: 5' 9"

Wow! As if the excitement of having the baby wasn't enough to keep you on your toes! So happy to hear that hubby found a great job with a future (and insurance) and that baby is doing so well. Thanks for update! Big Hugs! xoxo
AbbySinthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Aww Gale that is SO GREAT TO HEAR! I'm so happy for you and your family. The saying is true, God never closes one door without opening another!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Oh Gale I didn't realize you had your little man until now!! Congrats so much!! And now this great news, glad things are doing great for you!!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad everything worked out well in the end! That is a roller coaster of a week.

It never ceases to amaze me, how things have a way of working out for the best, even when it doesn't seem that way at first.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

Height: 5'3"

hahaha! You can't hate the hormones entirely! I've read that sometimes "mom hormones" helps us retain calmness in scary situations when normal people would be freaking out :P Of course they also make us cry when normal people wouldn't, so it all balances out in the end.....

Congratz on the good news though
boots is offline   Reply With Quote