Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'8 1/2"

Default Off of Meds...now what?

This is my first post because I'm a newbie, so here's hoping I'm doing it right!
I started taking medicine for my depression, anxiety, and OCD when i was 13. Before that, I jogged, played on multiple sports teams, and was a very healthy weight.
NOW I'm 21, and fat
I just stopped taking medicine and have gained weight steadily ever since i started. Now I'm overweight and I don't know how or where to start! I also had severe side effects from Effexor (that drug was EVIL for me). Some of the side effects are still lingering...severe fatigue, mostly. I just don't know even where to start.
Can anyone give me some good ideas on getting over this fatigue and finally losing this weight?
pamelaanne123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/222/135

Height: 5'7"

It took me about 2.5 months to get over the fatigue after going off meds for depression/anxiety. I would just try to do something everyday, even if it was walk around the block once, and that would wipe me out!
I also became more aware of my body. I looked at myself and realized, I am fat. And I regained the ability to feel full, so I was eating less and trying to make better decisions.

Just stay strong!! You can do it, and often times the meds take along time to get completely out of your system. One day at a time--start small!
strawberrybunny is offline   Reply With Quote