Old 09-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #1  

Default Losing steam...

Today is the first day in a long time I am on plan and doing well. I have had breakfast, lunch and two snacks. I still have plenty of room for dinner calorie wise.

Well now towards the end of the day I am feeling like I am tired and just want to relax. I find myself just wanting to eat tons of bad stuff. I tried to stop and think of why? I guess its stress related.

How do you not give in when you are tired and its at the end of the day and you just want all sorts of bad stuff!

I am tired of the cycle of doing good all day and then blowing it. And then right back into the bad habits and never changing!
mechell81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:22 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I have the same feeling....but I try not to act on them.....I actually did last night and I'm paying the price today with lots of bloating and heartburn. I do have a binge eating problem that I really detest. I try to distract myself with things like: chewing gum, drink a lowfat swiss miss hot cocoa for comfort (60 calories), massage my feet with lotion, do my nails, watch t.v., but try to do crunches and leg lifts during commercials (when I would normally head for the fridge), etc. Find out what you can do to distract yourself. Sometimes, I even lie to myself and tell myself that whatever it is that I want....I can have it tomorrow....just not today. You may also want to watch motivational videos on youtube. I hope you can figure this out soon.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:22 PM   #3  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

How? Teeth gritting. Looking at what I've lost, and feeling how crap I'd feel if I blew it on pointless calories. Reading posts like yours - thankyou! - when I was about to go and have a cup of coffee and 2 cookies to celebrate chairing a meeting that wasn't quite as bad as I'd feared but now I'll just have the black coffee!
Thankyou! you saved me!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:44 PM   #4  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

You did a good thing by coming here and posting on 3fcs! That is one way to distract yourself when you are feeling an emotional (as opposed to a physical) desire to eat unhealthy foods.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #5  

It did help by coming here!

I don't know why its hitting me so hard! I find myself feeling discouraged. I have SO long to go! I am so heavy. But I keep trying to tell myself that EVERY single day that has passed was a day I could have already lost some weight.

Its hard to remember that every day is going to come and go regardless if I do anything about it. And I am tired of the days passing with me being miserable.
mechell81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #6  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 248/231.4/150

Height: 5"1'

Thanks for your post. I am munching threw my dinner time and not paying attention. I was even contemplating driving to the corner sweetshop because I have a sweet tooth from hedoublehockeysticks! But now, reading this and knowing someone else is fighting too, I am looking for my weights and exercise ball, also I now have a list of things I want to get done tonight.
Yup.---- coming here helps, thanks for posting!!!
bythenumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechell81 View Post
Today is the first day in a long time I am on plan and doing well. I have had breakfast, lunch and two snacks. I still have plenty of room for dinner calorie wise.

. . . I find myself just wanting to eat tons of bad stuff.
I notice you say you have "plenty of room for dinner", which makes me think that you don't have your dinner planned--you wait for dinner time and see what sounds good. I think this may be the root of the problem. Since there are still eating choices to be made, you are still thinking about your food options. And if you have options, well, you have bad options . . . and those will work their way into your thoughts.

Try, instead, planning all your meals for the week down to the smallest detail on the weekend. Each night, eat what you planned to eat when you planned to eat it--and if it isn't exactly what you were in the mood for, so what? It's a food you like, since you planned it. This way, you never have to ask yourself "what do I feel like eating?", since our inner child often answers "cake!".
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/232/150

Height: 5'4"

I totally have night-time cravings. And, even though I'm just starting this weight-loss thing, I've been quitting the night-time snacks for a while. I just tell myself "I'm going to bed soon, it's really not good to eat before bed." or something like "if I still want it at 9:30 then I can have it" but by 9:30 I just decide it's not worth it.
though...it's still hard...
dreamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote