Goal Photo Album - Over 100lbs Lost in < A Year! Lauren's B&A

LBLAZY
09-14-2010, 09:39 PM
I figured these are long overdue and since I've been enjoying maintenance I wanted to post them!

I started my journey almost a year ago (September 25, 2009) at 21 years old and 227 lbs.squeezing in to a size 18 pant and entered maintenance in early May before my 22nd birthday. While my final goal changed many time throughout my strict calorie counting losing phase, the one steadfast goal I had was not to be overweight when receiving my college diploma, and I am happy to report that I was successful!

You can read my first post here - NEW HEREl (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/184009-new-here.htm)

You can read where I shared my "I've had enough moment" here - MY LAST STRAW (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/193781-what-last-straw-you-2.html#post3145458)

Anyway, over the summer I have not been trying to lose weight but I have continued to lose the final 10-15lbs through running and a focus on weight training. I now fit comfortably into a size 2 pant and a size XS - S shirt. I have learned so much on this journey, developed a love for running and healthy eating, and I have truly found that moderation is the key to making this a lifestyle change.

Each of these before pictures are around the 227 lbs mark (I was heavy through out my entire life, but gained an additional 50ish lbs upon entering college) but they are all before I started exercising and calorie counting, and the after photos were taken from the point of my graduation in May, when I ran my first 5k, and most recently 2 weeks ago in NYC)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/9dde5c67.jpghttp://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/848f4554.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/44ed8a39.jpghttp://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/ac853342.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/912015e2.jpghttp://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/932b187e.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/e7509ccd.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/efcada1c.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/1c2a2ef2.jpg

A Huge thank you to everyone on 3FC because I surely would not be where I am today , I admittedly don't come on here as nearly as much as I did when I was focusing on weight loss, but this place was definitely one of the determining factors of my success. The challenges were HUGE motivations for me, and I learned SO much thanks to all of you. So I suppose that is it, perhaps I'll add more pics or information if you want or have any questions! Just let me know! :hug:

Added -

ANSWERED QUES. & POSTED STOMACH PICTURE HERE (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3482318-post22.html)

POSTED TRANSITION PICTURES HERE (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-photo-album/212443-over-100lbs-lost-year-laurens-b-5.html#post3527381)

POSTED FIRST HALF MARATHON RECAP HERE (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3836332-post131.html)

Kitsey
09-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Oh my gosh you look fabulous! Major congrats! lol-this is gonna sound weird, but I just love your beautiful jaw line! lol

BellaLucia
09-14-2010, 10:17 PM
What did you eat? Fruits and whole grains? Did you follow a particular diet?

LiannaKole
09-14-2010, 10:26 PM
Wow! You've done amazingly well! You look great!

Congratulations! The pictures were inspiring to see.

LaChicka
09-14-2010, 10:34 PM
Holy crap. That's fantastic! :D
That must have taken a ton of dedication and determination, two things I'm trying to get for myself.
Love the pics and I wouldn't say no if you posted more of them! They're super inspiring.
OMG, you're so tiny now! If you don't mind my asking, what are ur measurements?
You look fabulous! Have a great time in maintenance land!

Laura

evilwomaniamshe
09-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Quite the transformation young lady, you are beautiful! :) Wow, Wow, Wow-
You sure went way past your original goal weight I see. It's amazing what a lot of hard work can accomplish, eh? Congrats again, all worth the effort. Happy, healthy you! :)

blueice10
09-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Wow you are sure beautiful. Super congratulations.:carrot:
I hope I am half as beautiful as you when i lose my weight. Wow just wow.:)

kbeckyj
09-14-2010, 10:49 PM
You are really an inspiration, I'm so happy that you achieved your graduation goal! :carrot:

Thank you for giving me hope on a day thats been otherwise challenging!

islandchick1
09-14-2010, 10:55 PM
:bravo: :bravo: :cp: :cp: :cp:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You look AWESOME!
Thanks for sharing - WHAT AN INSPIRATION! :woohoo:

LaChicka
09-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Oh, forgot to ask. How did you deal with loose skin after the weight loss? Or is that something that just has to be dealt with? You don't look like there's any issues in your lovely pics, but one never knows.

Again, congrats on the achievements! :cheer2: :hug:

milmin2043
09-15-2010, 12:24 AM
What a great job! You look terrific!

luckymommy
09-15-2010, 12:36 AM
Wow! You really look smoking hot! Woohoo!!!

Natoshial
09-15-2010, 01:34 AM
You look awesome! Thanks so much for sharing. I needed this motivation and to see that someone else can did it and so can I.

gigantosaurus
09-15-2010, 03:06 AM
OMG, you're my new inspiration! It's cool to see a story and goal photos of someone who's my age (I'll be 22 in December). Congrats on meeting your graduation goal. :)

I'm with LaChicka, I'd also like to know about loose skin and how your body held up with the weight loss. You look amazing!

irishaussie
09-15-2010, 04:03 AM
You look amazing. Congratulations. Thank you for providing me with more inspiration and motivation to know that what I'm doing is achieveable.:carrot:

anirak23
09-15-2010, 05:27 AM
Wow! You Look Great What An Inspiration I Know I Can Do It To I Just Need I Little Help. What Plan You Did?

tinycities
09-15-2010, 07:17 AM
This is incredible! You look absolutely amazing - well done! It's so inspiring to see how you've just made this happen for you so well, and seen it through from the start right through to your goal. This morning, I was feeling a little discouraged about losing my last 30lbs or so, thinking it would take me forever, but seeing your post and pictures, and the results you've achieved through hard work and moderation is really inspiring. Well done, and thank you for sharing :D

Rosinante
09-15-2010, 08:21 AM
Great results, and you look fantastic!

oOPeanutOo
09-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Wow. You look absolutely amazing. Congratulations on your success!

caryesings
09-15-2010, 11:20 AM
Stunning!

better health3
09-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Fantastic work. Would you please state your exercise plan and how many times a week you exercised--when you first intially started to now?? On one of your posts I read that you worked up to walking 5 miles. How long did it take you to work up to that? Also, what were your calorie amounts per day or throughout your individualized program? How did you go from stringent caloric intake to moderation? Any tips would be helpful. Most importantly, what was it about "this time" that you made your efforts work for you--you did not quit and were clearly very successful this time, where your previous attempts failed?? Wishing you continued success.

I lost the initial 90 lbs through calorie counting focusing on making smarter choices, choosing more natural and whole foods and avoiding most processed foods, although I didn't completely rule out anything! I found that moderation is key in order to make this a lifestyle change. I also work out 5-6 days a week, although I was more vigorous in my work outs when I was trying to lose.

LBLAZY
09-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Wow! :o Thank you all so much for your kind words and responses! I really appreciate it. It is so surreal to be seen as an inspiration. :hug: I'll definitely post more pictures, just got to sort through some of my old/new ones! :)

What did you eat? Fruits and whole grains? Did you follow a particular diet?

When I first started my lifestyle change, I honestly had no idea what the **** I was doing, I just knew that what I had been doing the first 21 years of my life wasn't working anymore and it was time to do something about it. So that's where coming to this forum became such an asset for my success! I began reading different blogs, reviews, articles and decided counting calories would be the best for me.

I ate roughly around 1200-1500 calories daily and never experienced a plateau. I was very fortunate that I lost the weight very quickly, and since this was my first REAL experience attempting to lose weight, I had not expectations that the weight would come off in the time that it did. As a poor college student I began changing my diet eating a lot more "diet" foods - lean cuisines, 100 calorie pks, etc. although I did definitely start to develop a preference for fruits & veggies that I had never really gone for before. Over time as I continued to educate myself I learned that I needed to fuel my body, and I now focus on whole foods, and lots of lean protein, veggies, & fruits. Staples in my everyday diet include Greek Yogurt, melon, apples, Baby Carrots, feta cheese, and my night time 'treat' is always no sugar added ice cream! :D

Oh, forgot to ask. How did you deal with loose skin after the weight loss? Or is that something that just has to be dealt with? You don't look like there's any issues in your lovely pics, but one never knows.

Again, congrats on the achievements! :cheer2: :hug:

Thanks LaChicka! I thankfully didn't have to deal with too much excess skin in comparison to what I thought I would be like at this point, and I'd like to think that strength training definitely came in to play! I've dealt with stretch marks ever since I was in the 5th grade, my stomach was/is the main location of my fat storage, so while it may I promised myself that I would wear a bikini this summer if I got down to this weight, and so I didn't let my deflated balloon stop me! ;)

I've debated posting this...but why not! (I took out my head and stuff for privacy reasons)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/9ba2009f.jpg

So you can see that my stretch marks have faded a bit, but all things considered, I'm glad I didn't let my concerns of excess skin stop my progress!

Wow! You Look Great What An Inspiration I Know I Can Do It To I Just Need I Little Help. What Plan You Did?

Calorie counting and lots of exercise! :)

This is incredible! You look absolutely amazing - well done! It's so inspiring to see how you've just made this happen for you so well, and seen it through from the start right through to your goal. This morning, I was feeling a little discouraged about losing my last 30lbs or so, thinking it would take me forever, but seeing your post and pictures, and the results you've achieved through hard work and moderation is really inspiring. Well done, and thank you for sharing :D

Thanks so much! The last lbs to my initial May goal were definitely the hardest for me as well. You can do it!!!! :carrot:

Fantastic work. Would you please state your exercise plan and how many times a week you exercised--when you first intially started to now?? On one of your posts I read that you worked up to walking 5 miles. How long did it take you to work up to that? Also, what were your calorie amounts per day or throughout your individualized program? How did you go from stringent caloric intake to moderation? Any tips would be helpful. Most importantly, what was it about "this time" that you made your efforts work for you--you did not quit and were clearly very sucessful this time, where your previous attempts failed?? Wishing you continued success.

Excellent questions! I'll try to hit them all, but I apologize if anything is unclear! When I initially started I was WAY too embarassed to go to the gym or anything, so I would start by walking. I was going to school in Philadelphia at the time, so I'd pick a location on the map, and just keep walking until I got there and then turned around...I also would do Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred...once I finished that I then bought two more of her DVDs - No More Trouble Zones and Burn Fat Boost Metabolism....After I had lost around 20lbs and felt more comfortable I started heading to the gym, just experimenting with different machines, elliptical, recumbent bike, & stair master mostly, then towards the end of my loss I focused on running (now the most I've run at once is 10 miles!), but I highly suggest interval training , as it really seemed to work for me! Through out my journey I have worked out 5-6 days a week, with the rest days spread out, but now a days if I need to consecutive days off I try not to worry about it and LISTEN to my body when it needs rest!

For the walking I think it took me possibly 2 months to work up to the 5 miles, and then I didn't even attempt to start jogging till I was abot 3/4 done with my weight loss portion....I would go on my walks and then pick out different points during the walks that I would run....like to a street sign, fire hydrant, etc. If you had told me that I would have been able to consecutively run < 3 miles multiple times a week (as I do now) back when I started, I would never have believed you! It's just all about being motivated and pushing yourself.

When I was calorie counting I used the iTouch Lose It Application, so I relied on that to tell me the amount of calories I should have been eating in order to lose my desired amount of weight. I also plugged in my daily eats (ignored the exercise portion of the application since it created a deficit). I stopped calorie counting after the first month of maintenance, as I was concerned that I was getting TOO obsessive about every little calorie and I've learned that I will continue to discover my hunger cues and eat when I am hungry working on fueling my body vs. when I am bored. I've tried eating more intuitively now in maintenance with the occasional treat!

Lastly, this was my first real attempt at weight loss, my previous attempt was more like eating one meal a day, not knowing a thing about nutrition or calories, so going into it attempting to be educated on the subject this time around and realizing (although I'm sure I sound like a broken record at this point) that any change I made had to be one I could keep for life, otherwise the weight WILL come back! Having the college diploma motivation that I could envision daily during my workouts and anytime I was feeling like I wanted to quit was also a great push for me.

Phew...hope I answered any questions people may have had...feel free to ask more if you have any or if I was unclear about anything and I'll try to expand! :)

Bex77
09-16-2010, 01:25 PM
You look amazing! Great job & thanks for the inspiration. I've recently started running during my usual walks & I have the same strategy as you did...get to the streetlight, mailbox, etc. Running does make you feel good though at this point I can only go about a block before a rest. My short term goal is to run a mile without stopping. Thank you so much for detailing your plan, you've provided me with encouragement today.

Matilda08
09-16-2010, 01:47 PM
COngrats lauren! Ive followed your journey and you have always inspired me. You look great keep up the good work!

better health3
09-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Thank you for answering all those questions. You really worked your butt off. Amazing results.

justjill124
09-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks Lauren for your post. My goal is 100 in 365 as well. I have lost 44 and have found myself unmotivated and uncaring at this point. After seeing your pics and hearing that you went from an 18 to a 2 is so inspiring! Back on track...Thanks again =) and you look ah-mazing!

StephanieM
09-16-2010, 09:29 PM
You look amazing! I can't believe I whine about possibly getting loose skin when I am losing half the weight you have. You look so fantastic! I hope I can get my body that smokin one day!

audri8301
09-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Congrats on meeting your goal, you look awesome! Thanks for sharing! :)

Luddy
09-17-2010, 04:31 PM
Congrats! You look so great and happy! :congrat:

It's crazy how much it sounds like I was reading my plan as I was reading your story (down to the first time really trying to lose weight, counting calories, the Lose It application, running to certain points, etc).

Thanks for the jolt of inspiration!

b e t h
09-17-2010, 08:16 PM
You look great! Wow!

Findmyself
09-18-2010, 05:12 AM
you look stunning! great job!

My Michelle
09-18-2010, 08:15 AM
My goodness, what a spectacular achievement! Congratulations!

Judy Lynn
09-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Holy Smokes! You have done an incredible job! Congratulations!!!

freckfrecks
09-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Well done you! Thanks for sharing!

leeshalulu
09-20-2010, 11:39 AM
WOW! Beautiful pics. Thank you for sharing. I am motivated even more.

LiLLy19
09-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Holy cow look at how thin your arms are!!!!!!!!!!! You're inspiring me!! Thank you :)) You look stunning by the way

ebenz315
09-22-2010, 09:57 AM
congrats! you look amazing! I am from RI too!

lazylioness
09-22-2010, 01:06 PM
You are truly my inspiration.

blkbarbie25
09-22-2010, 02:40 PM
WOW you look wonderful!!

bananapancakes
09-23-2010, 01:00 AM
HOOOOOOOOOOOLY BLEEEEEEEEEEP!!! Honestly, you look like a different person, no lie. You look absolutely flippin' fabulous and in such a short time too, well I consider a year a short time. I'm blown away......I have to show this to my friends and Fiance. CONGRATULATIONS! Also, I'm so glad you posted a pic of yourself in a bikini because I had to admit that I was curious about what you looked under your clothes.....haha, okay that didn't sound right, I meant your skin- I'm curious to know what everyone's skin who has had a dramatic weight loss. You actually don't look bad at all! I'm really just incredibly inspired.

futuresize6
09-23-2010, 12:49 PM
you look absolutely awesome....
and you now look your age-it's amazing how weight puts age on a person-I see it with everyone on their B & A pics. Great accomplishment!!!!!!

JennieLovesKisses
09-23-2010, 03:41 PM
You look wonderful! What an inspiration! Thank you for sharing :)

Sanna Maria
09-26-2010, 07:02 AM
:bravo:You look amazing, great achievement!!!! Remember seeing you around on the challenges in 20-somethings and now you're at goal, wow!

Queen Donna
09-26-2010, 12:30 PM
You have worked so hard for your goal!!!! :carrot: You are Tremendously inspiring. Thank you for your post. I am a bit discouraged this morning and it helps so much to see other's achievements.

Teresa66
09-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Congrats! You have proven what determination and consistency can really do. What an inspiration!! :cp:

evoo
09-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Absolutely astounding! And you already have 4 months of maintenance living under your belt too. Just awesome. You are an inspiration!

I too am grateful for the bikini pic. I have 60-75 lbs to lose and worry about extra skin. Maybe it won't be a problem though!

one day at a time
09-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Absolutely astounding! And you already have 4 months of maintenance living under your belt too. Just awesome. You are an inspiration!

I too am grateful for the bikini pic. I have 60-75 lbs to lose and worry about extra skin. Maybe it won't be a problem though!

I am too. Thank you OP for posting the picture of your stomach. I am hoping to be able to get down to a "healthy weight" for my height and the skin thing was a concern for me too.

Continued success!

rasta4life
09-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Congrats! You look amazing..You have a new body for your new after college career...Good luck with everything.

bellona
09-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Wow, you look amazing! As a tall-ish girl, I have been getting discouraged lately thinking I'll never be "skinny" (I'm a size 6-8 right now, but would really like to get down to your size/weight) but you have inspired me not to give up!

gtech2mit10
09-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Your stomach (and the rest of you, for that matter) looks wonderful. BIG congratulations!

TXMary2
09-28-2010, 09:30 PM
You look freaking awesome!!! Congrats!

Krizstyling
09-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Absolutely stunning. WOW! I am just blown away! Congratulations on achieving your goal and graduating!!!

joannagoolman
09-30-2010, 07:11 PM
You go girl!!! You are an inspiration to all of us! Even the short ones, lol!

Which goal setting did you use on the LoseIt app? 1 lb, 2 lbs?

quietstorm970
09-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Congrats!!!!

You look amazing!!! I think its even more amazing that you accomplished this while dealing with the stresses of school. When I was in school, I tried dieting and I FAILED.

OMG your tummy!!!!!! It looks perfect, I can't even really see stretchmarks! I can only hope that I will look as great as you do when I reach goal. Thank you for posting!

Zanahoria
10-01-2010, 06:39 AM
Your photos are so inspiring! You look gorgeous! You were already a gorgeous girl before but you are absolutely stunning now.

llmw1951
10-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Congratulations!!!!!! You Look Great & I know you have to Feel Amazing!!!!! Such a Great Accomplishment!!!!!

myweightlosstrip
10-01-2010, 02:00 PM
You look beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

beautiful days
10-02-2010, 04:21 AM
WOW! What an inspiration! Congrats!:woohoo:

annputation
10-02-2010, 04:27 AM
Great job!!

katylil
10-03-2010, 06:48 PM
You look AMAZING!!! Seriously, congratulations!! :) SUCH an inspiration knowing that in less than a year you achieved that...I hope I can go the same way!!

LBLAZY
10-07-2010, 09:22 AM
Wow, thank you all again so much! And thank your for your kind words about my stomach! It's definitely the part of my body that I am most self conscious about, so your words really mean a lot! :hug:

You go girl!!! You are an inspiration to all of us! Even the short ones, lol!

Which goal setting did you use on the LoseIt app? 1 lb, 2 lbs?

I believe I set it to the 2lbs a week loss and then I ate a bit under the alloted calories, never going over the yellow line except for holidays or really special occasions! :dizzy:

bon vivant
10-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Way to go! I am inspired by your perserverance

BlueEyes83
10-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Wow, you have really inspired me! It's so hard when you're this heavy to even exercise. I am now going to go out and buy some DVD's to exercise to since I absolutely hate the gym :p.

You look great, really awesome job!

cherrypie
10-07-2010, 02:23 PM
congrats! you must be so proud, and with good reason. You look amazing.

LaChicka
10-07-2010, 09:43 PM
Again, you look great! Congrats! It must have been really hard work - but you made it! Very inspirational! :)

I'm not sure if I missed them, but have you posted transition pics? Like, in between before and after?

Hermy
10-10-2010, 08:57 PM
wow you look stunning! Congratulations! I was just feeling a little bit down and depressed myself but seeing these pictures and your amazing results gave me back the faith that I can maybe do it too! Thanks :)

yellsa
10-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Congratulations! you did great

sandcar150
10-12-2010, 10:10 PM
What a transformation! You don't even look like the same person. Congratulations!!!

yellsa
10-15-2010, 10:36 AM
You look fabulous!

LBLAZY
10-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Again, you look great! Congrats! It must have been really hard work - but you made it! Very inspirational! :)

I'm not sure if I missed them, but have you posted transition pics? Like, in between before and after?

Thank you so much. It was hard work, but it is definitely not regretted!

I didn't post transition pics, I don't have that many, since I tended to avoid the camera, but I can post what I have! :)

First of all - Here's a pic of me in high school....probably around 185 - 195, not sure since I didn't weigh myself, but I was quite active as a thrower for track & field so I maintained my high weight without much difficulty.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/93ab84ed.jpg

Thennnn I found this picture which I think could have been me at my largest, definitely over 227, but I didn't weigh myself back then, so it's hard to say where I was at, but this was the end of summer 2008 -

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/deedbf6c.jpg

I look at this picture, and to me, my face screams uncomfortable, definitely not a genuine smile, it is weird to not see this person in the mirror any more though.

I think I lost weight while I was studying abroad in London unintentionally, and then I began to gain again I think until I sat around 215 - 227 then I took action.

These are from XMAS 2009, I had lost about 45 lbs at this point, about 3 months into the journey -

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/1273487e.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/b8ba1e50.jpg

January 2009 - 50 lbs lost -

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/e6d3288c.jpg

Late March/Easter 60 - 70 lbs lost weighed around 165-150

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/6cb30baf.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/5ae4614d.jpg

End of April 2010 - 80 lbs lost -

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/c4324953.jpg

Anddd one more of me now to balance all that out! ;)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/34a7d07c.jpg

Asherdoodles87
10-18-2010, 08:44 PM
I had was not to be overweight when receiving my college diploma, and I am happy to report that I was successful!

That is my goal too! I just turned 23, and I will be graduating in May. I don't want to be overweight accepting my diploma. I was severely obese when I got my high school diploma. It's just so motivating to see someone with my same goal who reached it. I hope I can do it. I have had a few bumps in the road. :(

milmin2043
10-18-2010, 10:52 PM
Lauren, I think I already posted to you, but I will say it again, you are a true inspiration! What a wonderful job you have done! I also have 105 lbs total to lose, with 52 gone already. You give me the courage to keep going and I love to see your results. In about 6 months I hope to be able to post my own goal story. Congratulations!

elleohelle
10-19-2010, 12:09 AM
wow! what a difference! thanks for the inspiration.

odonnela
10-19-2010, 11:46 AM
Wow you have done so wonderful!!

joannagoolman
10-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Thank you so much for answering me! I also just wanted to say, you look so much classier and put together now, if that makes sense. It's really like you shed the outer you that you were uncomfortable with and really brought out a much more polished and beautiful you.

Jellytot
10-23-2010, 07:20 PM
I love your before and after pics. Seeing them side by side really is an inspiration to get my butt in gear. I have the before pics now I just need to work on the after. lol

You look great and congrats!

Starify
10-24-2010, 03:54 AM
Oh my goodness, that is so amazing! you look terrific. Congratz!

Sameen
10-24-2010, 09:20 AM
wow this is great! congratulations!

EveLHaelf
10-24-2010, 01:57 PM
All I've got to say is, WOW! Congrats!

beni
10-24-2010, 04:25 PM
Well done! You really worked hard for your new look! Thanks for sharing :)

gypsychic
10-28-2010, 05:58 PM
wow awesome.. ure such an inspiration :)

LBLAZY
10-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Thank you so much for answering me! I also just wanted to say, you look so much classier and put together now, if that makes sense. It's really like you shed the outer you that you were uncomfortable with and really brought out a much more polished and beautiful you.

Wow, thank YOU so much for saying this, I'm completely touched and overwhelmed by everyone's positivity and warm comments, and this comment truly makes me smile!

Onederchic
10-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Holy macaroni, what an inspiration! Thanks for sharing :hug:

LBLAZY
10-31-2010, 05:42 PM
Thanks Onderchic! You were actually the first person to welcome me to the forum. So really, THANK YOU!!!!

Wanted to share that I completed my 2nd 5k this morning. It was a Monster Dash with lots of costumes....I just went as the new & improved me! :P

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/6d88b378.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/937e2757.jpg

I also improved my 5k time by almost a full minute! Woohoo! :carrot:

Onederchic
10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
That is awesome! Congrats! You look wonderful :)

im in to to lose it
11-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Wow, you look fabulous! It's so inspiring to see people close to my age (I'm 18, almost 19). Congratulations Lauren.

KoriHallelujah
11-03-2010, 12:50 AM
These pictures and this post was definitely a punch in the face for me. I was a swimmer my entire life, and I gave that up because of my weight. I need to start walking. Thank you for the inspiration, I hope I can keep it up like you and lose weight as quickly!

leopardtuks
11-03-2010, 01:28 AM
just amazing :D
you look great

Amanda0585
11-04-2010, 12:13 PM
You look amazing!! Congrats on your success!!!
P.S. Thank you for inspiring me!!

msreadntchr7
11-07-2010, 04:55 PM
What an inspiration!! Great job!

chubbyhipster
11-09-2010, 03:49 PM
You are my new inspiration! Great job!!!!

sjw100
11-20-2010, 07:43 AM
A-MAZ-ING!!!

Congratulations. You look healthy and fabulous. You are my inspiration!

4xcharm
11-20-2010, 08:37 AM
Who does'nt love a Cinderella story? Of course, you were always quite beautiful. Your health and strength are amazing. But I must also compliment you on your glorious eyebrows!

coshun2003
12-05-2010, 01:21 PM
You look! Congrats!

Raspberry 1984
12-12-2010, 02:33 PM
woow great job:)

VickieLou
12-12-2010, 02:52 PM
:congrat: Lauren you look Amazing!

LBLAZY
01-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Just wanted to check in and post some recent photos! Still maintaining at about 120-123! I was up a couple of pounds during the holiday, but I'm back down to my happy weight! :)

So let's see what I've been up to....

I've been kissing snowmen -
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/cb3d4bb3.jpg

Kissing girls (kidding! My friend KP was in town) -
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/de4d8f7b.jpg

(look at us 3 yrs ago! My how times have changed)
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/6da069eb.jpg

Pointing at my now inexistent boobs!
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/1e39ba49.jpg

And just cheesin like a goofball -
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/6faf4cfc.jpg

So that's a nice little summary I suppose! Everyday I work hard to make healthy decisions, try to live by the 80/20 rule many maintainers swear by, and have moved towards making fitness goals to keep me motivated throughout 2011 (see my daily mile account!) Hope you are all well in your journeys & I truly appreciate all of your comments and kind words!

heatherwag
01-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Wow. Awesome!

omalichand
01-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Wow! You look amazing! I am sure you have heard that a lot but its true. Did you include strength training in your regimen or just cardio and running?

joannagoolman
01-27-2011, 06:10 PM
I see! Losing weight gets you famous friends!! I really gotta do it now!! Just kidding!! The difference is amazing, and the best part is you are just as glamorous as she is! :)

Slimbound
02-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Awesome job

FutureFitChick
02-04-2011, 10:30 PM
This was really inspiring! I am really glad I found your post tonight. Congratulations on reaching your goal after working really hard. You look fantastic.

Rarr777
02-04-2011, 10:42 PM
It's great to see that you're maintaining. Fantastic job girl!

pamatga
02-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Thank you Lauren for sharing all of your photos and how you did it. Congrats again on this life changing journey.

lackadaisy
02-05-2011, 03:52 PM
My new favorite inspiration. I really admire how you've gotten so fit -- what an amazing transformation :)

NinaV
02-07-2011, 06:17 AM
HUGE thank you for posting the tummy picture! I know it must have taken a lot of internal debate and I admire your bravery. Seeing that your tummy looks so great after 100lb weight loss gives many of us here hope and inspiration. Your entire story is inspiring, but I especially appreciate the pictures, they are worth a 1000 words!

monstermash
02-19-2011, 07:56 AM
Wow, there really was a thin person inside of you!
I can't believe you accomplished that in such a short period of time (well, I believe you, but it's amazing).
Thanks so much for sharing. Inspiration means a lot when I'm only a few pounds down and success seems more like a dream than a possibility.

Esha
02-19-2011, 09:29 AM
You look fantastic! Such an inspiration =)

k15g15
02-19-2011, 10:53 AM
It seems like not only did you loose the weight the right way, but you have a great attitude to sustain you for life.

Shu
02-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Wow! Enjoyed the pictures. You look fantastic. Conratulations on the wieght loss and graduation.

sun
02-21-2011, 06:24 PM
Gorgeous! way to go! :)

loulou75
02-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Great job! Congrats!

PastriestoPushups
02-28-2011, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the inspiration! You look great! :)

Lori259
02-28-2011, 12:58 PM
OMG~U LOOK FABULOUS! Congradulations!

Krazy
03-02-2011, 04:54 PM
You look amazing!! And, OMG, you met Katy Perry! I'm sooo jealous. :)

jendiet
03-03-2011, 10:16 PM
wow, what an inspiration. I think your after body is lovely. This will inspire lots of women.

LBLAZY
03-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Thank you all so very very much. Although I don't post as much as I should on here anymore, whenever I feeling gross, coming here and reading all of your encouraging words ALWAYS lifts my spirits. I dyed my hair back to brown for the spring time...One thing I do miss is the thickness of my hair, it thinned out a lot I think because my body was in shock that I lost the weight so fast? That's what I read anyway, but it has slowly gotten better since this summer.

I apologize if my pale skin is blinding LOL!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/6bbab27c.jpg

ducktape54
03-08-2011, 10:57 PM
congrats

MagicEyez
03-29-2011, 12:01 PM
What an amazing story!!!! Thank you for sharing it wtih us ... And little did you know when you started your plan, you'd become such a huge inspiration to us all ... Kuddos to you ... You're AwEsOmE !!!!!

amkenkent
03-29-2011, 12:32 PM
You look great!

LBLAZY
03-30-2011, 04:32 PM
What an amazing story!!!! Thank you for sharing it wtih us ... And little did you know when you started your plan, you'd become such a huge inspiration to us all ... Kuddos to you ... You're AwEsOmE !!!!!

Thank you so much MagicEyez! It is still odd to me that I could ever be an inspiration to someone else, so to hear that both here and out in public still surprises me! I really appreciate your words. Thanks again!

You look great!
:hug:

LoveManna
04-14-2011, 02:46 PM
These pictures made my cry, I can't wait to get there... Thank you so much for sharing. sincerely.

missunshine
04-14-2011, 05:49 PM
wow wow wooooow, you are AMAZING!!! we were losing at the same time only that you started with a highrt weight than me. i started on september 26 2009 and finished around september 14 2010, but i lost onlyy about 55 pounds. after i reached my goal i lost home and had to move away and all that sress made me binge and i'm gaining all back. i can't stop. i'm also old as you.
but you look way better than me after my loss. i was left with a lot fat and skin and i lost a lot of hair. did you have that problem? but i feel more confident as a fat girl than skinny one. when i was slim i always thought that i was too fat and didn't like untoned body.
so you're truly an inspiration to me.
and your friend looks sooo much like katy perry, i was like, no way she got to meet katy perry???lol :D

LBLAZY
04-17-2011, 05:44 PM
These pictures made my cry, I can't wait to get there... Thank you so much for sharing. sincerely.

Aw, you can do it. I promise you this! Start with small changes and build for a healthier and maintainable future. I wish you the best! :hug:

wow wow wooooow, you are AMAZING!!! we were losing at the same time only that you started with a highrt weight than me. i started on september 26 2009 and finished around september 14 2010, but i lost onlyy about 55 pounds. after i reached my goal i lost home and had to move away and all that sress made me binge and i'm gaining all back. i can't stop. i'm also old as you.
but you look way better than me after my loss. i was left with a lot fat and skin and i lost a lot of hair. did you have that problem? but i feel more confident as a fat girl than skinny one. when i was slim i always thought that i was too fat and didn't like untoned body.
so you're truly an inspiration to me.
and your friend looks sooo much like katy perry, i was like, no way she got to meet katy perry???lol :D

Missunshine! Why thank you! Sorry to hear of your setbacks, but what is most important know is that you've recognized your harmful habits and are working to make the changes. I feel like maintaining is really this whole other part of weight loss that really isn't as discussed as much as it should. It's unchartered territory and really takes some time to realize how your body has adapted to the weight loss, and also the level of activity/calorie consumption that you can maintain for life...something that I still learn more about each day I maintain my loss!

I guarantee that I do not look better than you did at your lowest weight, so stop that thinking right away! I did experience some thinning of my hair, but it eventually began to thicken out over time thanks to different vitamins and supplements I've been taking. Also, strength training is KEY! But no matter what you've got to focus on the positives!! Sure you're skin might be saggy now, but what about your strong sexy legs that helped you achieve your weight loss. Sure there are days where I get in front of the mirror and play the evil mind games, but I really try to nip that in the bud and focus on the positive. For too long I stood in front of the mirror over 225lbs hoping for a change in the reflection, now I own this body I worked for, and everyone should no matter their size!

And yes that is Katy Perry, I used to design her myspace and promotional things wayyyy back before she was famous so we've maintained our friendship over the years. She is the kindest, most down to earth pop star that I'm completely honored to say that I know! And she was amazingly supportive during my weight loss! Although now she tries to feed me cookies when ever I see her! :p

pochamma10
04-18-2011, 03:59 AM
So not to sound like a broken record, but you look ah-maz-ing! Way to go!!We are around the same height, though my starting weight is a bit higher, and reading stories like yours finally motivated me to see that I can do this too - the only thing stopping me is, well, me! I just wish I had this revelation sooner! :D

Would you mind sharing what vitamins/supplements you are taking for your hair? My hair has also thinned out and I'd appreciate any advice you might have!

Suzie Parker
04-18-2011, 04:47 AM
Congrats, you look stunning!

Chubbykins
04-18-2011, 11:47 AM
congratulations! :D

LoveManna
04-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Aw, you can do it. I promise you this! Start with small changes and build for a healthier and maintainable future. I wish you the best! :hug:

Thank you so much! I weighed this morning and I'm 18 pounds down! :D Woo-hoo!! Thanks for the hug ;) xoxo :hug:

JEN3
04-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Congratulations Lauren! You did something millions of Americans want to do. I had a question for you if you wouldn't mind.

How long were you over weight?
When did you start gaining weight?

I'm wondering because I was always normal weight until the last 10 years then I gained and lost and gained out of control. I was wondering will I have stretch marks to? I don't have any now but when I get thin will I have, I wonder? You look amazing because you don't have extra skin. Stretch marks are a small price to pay for good health. Again Congratulations for a job well done!

Kit

LBLAZY
05-04-2011, 06:21 PM
So not to sound like a broken record, but you look ah-maz-ing! Way to go!!We are around the same height, though my starting weight is a bit higher, and reading stories like yours finally motivated me to see that I can do this too - the only thing stopping me is, well, me! I just wish I had this revelation sooner! :D

Would you mind sharing what vitamins/supplements you are taking for your hair? My hair has also thinned out and I'd appreciate any advice you might have!

Thank you very much Pochamma!!! Sorry for the delay in response! For helping my hair out I started taking flax seed oil and making sure that my daily vitamin had high amounts of vitamin B & biotin. Also making sure I get the right amount of healthy fats & omega-3's has helped. I also started using a shampoo called Nioxin suggested to me by my hair dresser which helped any further hair from falling out after using it for about a month. Overall once I stopped losing weight though and my body realized that I had all the proper nutrients it started to thicken out again very slowly but surely!! Hope this helps!

Congrats, you look stunning!:hug:

congratulations! :D Thanks! :D

Thank you so much! I weighed this morning and I'm 18 pounds down! :D Woo-hoo!! Thanks for the hug ;) xoxo :hug: Woohoo you go chica!! :carrot:

Congratulations Lauren! You did something millions of Americans want to do. I had a question for you if you wouldn't mind.

How long were you over weight?
When did you start gaining weight?

I'm wondering because I was always normal weight until the last 10 years then I gained and lost and gained out of control. I was wondering will I have stretch marks to? I don't have any now but when I get thin will I have, I wonder? You look amazing because you don't have extra skin. Stretch marks are a small price to pay for good health. Again Congratulations for a job well done!

Kit

Hey Kit!
No problem about the questions! I'm more than happy to discuss any aspect of my journey at this point!

As I sort of mentioned before, I had been overweight for the majority of my life,just a lazy kid, not really into sports and I definitely turned to food for comfort. I probably gained about 50lbs during college which put me in the obese category (a la carte dining plan was taken advantage of FAR TOO MUCH), although I can't be specific on totals since I avoided the scale until the day I decided to make a change!

I think when it comes down to stretch marks, I remember getting them at a very very young age and asking my mom what these strange purple marks were on my thighs and stomach, so my skin had been stretched out since childhood, but I think loosing weight quickly, good genes, and including strength training definitely aided the lack of extra skin, although there still is some sag, as you can see in the tummy pictures, but when you're 110lbs down it has to be expected!! Hope this helps you! :)

--------------------------------

I also wanted to share two of my official race photos from MY FIRST HALF MARATHON!!!! I ran it with my bestest friend (who has also lost quite a bit of weight)! It was this past Sunday and I completed it in 1:44:16, completely surpassing my goal of doing it in under 2 hours! I'll post my Garmin stats too, because I am so proud of my mile splits time!!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/b3b52689.jpg http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/6d06650b.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/6d67605d.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/f9ce1ec0.jpg

EDIT TO ADD - I just realized (via looking at my signature) that I'm coming up on a year of maintenance! WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. :carrot:

malamaza
05-09-2011, 11:30 AM
You really inspire me :) Hope so I can lose weight in a year and half as I planned :) You were eating 3 or 5 meals a day ? Could you maybe post your sample menu ?

Congrats, you look stunning!!

jessica2231
05-09-2011, 06:40 PM
you look absolutely amazing!!!!! i cant wait to be in your shoes!

mamato2boys
05-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Wow! So, I realize this is an old thread, but since you are still checking in, Lauren, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your story and photos!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I look almost exactly the way you did in your 'before' pictures, and just this am after my workout, I was looking in the mirror and thinking that I will never look thin. Then tonight, I came on here and saw your pics and your amazing story, and just had to tell you that I am oh-so-inspired by you! :hug:

Congrats on your half marathon too!!! That is awesome!!

Riestrella
05-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Huge congratulations to you, you look beautiful.

jillnicole03
05-11-2011, 03:26 PM
Amazzzing :)

brizza
05-13-2011, 08:57 PM
woow this really motivates me thank you for sharing.... :D

brizza
05-13-2011, 08:58 PM
amazing !!!!

iamerican
05-21-2011, 11:15 AM
This is amazing. Seriously an inspiration! I am honestly in shock about your results. They are utterly unbelieveable. COngrats! I hope one day I can have some success like that.

lizzie0988
05-25-2011, 12:25 AM
Yea! Congrats...you look amazing!!

hk2011
05-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Wow, what a transformation. You look great!

Tinaberanda
05-30-2011, 01:05 PM
You are amazing ! I am totally inspired by your transformation.You look like a different person.
It really makes me want to keep going and not give up once again because my weight hasn't changed in 3 days even though I am following the Ideal Protein diet to a T and everyone else seems to be losing weight so much faster and more successful than me.I am just going to hang in there and not cheat for as long as it takes.I want to be healthier and get off cholesterol medication that I feel I shouldn't be on at my age.
I want to be able to feel comfortable in my own skin and be carefree when it comes to my weight and appearance and most important my health.
I want to set a good example for my son.I want to enjoy life to the fullest like I did growing up as a child.
I refuse to give in to my weaknesses of overindulging in sweets for a momentary "high" followed by lifelong consequences that are doing me harm.

I am really impressed and inspired by your achievement and wish you nothing but the best for your ongoing life of health and freedom of those unnecessary pounds.
Great job !

murleya1
05-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Unbelievable. Truly an inspiration.

dgle22
06-10-2011, 09:37 PM
that is so awesome! you look great!

Catcuffling
06-11-2011, 02:08 AM
this thread is awesome! and wow you are so lucky to have very minimal (if any) loose skin!

very inspirational!

marshas
06-12-2011, 03:28 AM
Wow. I can't believe that... Lol.. Please share your secret, tips here.. Congrats to you LBLAZY

WLGirl1
06-13-2011, 04:42 PM
WOW!!!! You are now my new inspiration lol. Well done!!!!!!!!

painfullystoic
06-21-2011, 06:34 AM
Oh wow. You sound like you were like I am right now. I am 22. I graduated in December 2010 and I have another graduation coming up in May 2012. My main problem area is my tummy too. I'm about the weight you were when you started and I'm aiming for the same goal. I too put on about 50 lbs after HS.

But, I am also Insulin Resistant, but I don't plan on letting that stop me- I will do what needs to be done.

Thank you so much, you're an inspiration to me, and I'm sure many more people. :D

EZMONEY
06-21-2011, 01:17 PM
I have seen many wonderful stories here over the years but I can't think of another that is such an awesome transformation in such a short time.

Your story reminds me of my daughter's hard work over the years to accomplish amazing things in her work and sports when some thought such things were not possible.

I just love your graduation (gown) picture! :D

I am so happy for you! :)

You deserve to feel so proud! :carrot:

LBLAZY
06-21-2011, 07:18 PM
You really inspire me :) Hope so I can lose weight in a year and half as I planned :) You were eating 3 or 5 meals a day ? Could you maybe post your sample menu ?

Congrats, you look stunning!!

Hi there Malamaza, I apologize for the delay in response, but hopefully you're still checking in and I can provide you some answers to the questions you asked!!

When I was losing I was eating three meals/ 2 heavier snacks a day...at the start of my weight loss I was pretty clueless about nutrition and whole foods so I suck with mostly "diet foods" like lean cuisines, 100 calorie snack packs, etc. While I learned more about less processed foods I ended up making simpler foods that would hold me over longer...I definitely because a volume eater. I now LOVE huge "kitchen sink" type salads

But anyway I think a typical example day while I was losing was
Bfast - oatmeal/peanut butter/raisins/cinnamon

apple for snack

Lunch - turkey lettuce mustard on sandwich thin
dannon light & fit (now I wouldn't touch those chemicals, only greek for me now...protein is worth the extra calories)
baby carrots

string cheese or 100 cal snack pack for another snack

Dinner - lean cuisine, low cal soup, or baked chicken breast/broccoli/sweet potato

So yeah, I lost the initial 90 lbs through calorie counting focusing on making smarter choices, choosing more natural and whole foods and avoiding most processed foods, although I didn't completely rule out anything! I found that moderation is key in order to make this a lifestyle change. I also worked out 5-6 days a week and continue to do so, although I was more vigorous in my work outs when I was trying to lose. Best of luck with everything!

you look absolutely amazing!!!!! i cant wait to be in your shoes!

You can do it girl! I'm a testament to that! :)

Wow! So, I realize this is an old thread, but since you are still checking in, Lauren, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for your story and photos!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I look almost exactly the way you did in your 'before' pictures, and just this am after my workout, I was looking in the mirror and thinking that I will never look thin. Then tonight, I came on here and saw your pics and your amazing story, and just had to tell you that I am oh-so-inspired by you! :hug:

Congrats on your half marathon too!!! That is awesome!!

Thank you so so much, I feel like a broken record, but really, you've just got to believe in yourself and find the inner motivation and just keep working towards your goals, you can do it! I believe in you!! :)

Huge congratulations to you, you look beautiful.

Amazzzing :)

woow this really motivates me thank you for sharing.... :D

Yea! Congrats...you look amazing!!

Unbelievable. Truly an inspiration.

that is so awesome! you look great!

Thanks to you all SOOOO much!!! :hug:

This is amazing. Seriously an inspiration! I am honestly in shock about your results. They are utterly unbelieveable. COngrats! I hope one day I can have some success like that.

You definitely can if I could! Just take it one day at a time, even one meal/decision/bite at a time and overtime it will all pay off! Thank you!!!

You are amazing ! I am totally inspired by your transformation.You look like a different person.
It really makes me want to keep going and not give up once again because my weight hasn't changed in 3 days even though I am following the Ideal Protein diet to a T and everyone else seems to be losing weight so much faster and more successful than me.I am just going to hang in there and not cheat for as long as it takes.I want to be healthier and get off cholesterol medication that I feel I shouldn't be on at my age.
I want to be able to feel comfortable in my own skin and be carefree when it comes to my weight and appearance and most important my health.
I want to set a good example for my son.I want to enjoy life to the fullest like I did growing up as a child.
I refuse to give in to my weaknesses of overindulging in sweets for a momentary "high" followed by lifelong consequences that are doing me harm.

I am really impressed and inspired by your achievement and wish you nothing but the best for your ongoing life of health and freedom of those unnecessary pounds.
Great job !

I can definitely relate to your words, I've so been there. Don't give up! I promise you that the hard times are worth it all in the end! Overindulging happens, we all make mistakes with eating...I definitely struggle some days to stick to my new lifestyle, but that's realistic and life. As long as the good days out weigh the bad and you're continually making the right choices you will not only be healthier on the outside but inside as well.

this thread is awesome! and wow you are so lucky to have very minimal (if any) loose skin!

very inspirational!

Yes, I do consider myself quite blessed considering other transformations with 100+ lbs losses! I think I owe it too good genes, rate of loss, and strength training! Thank you! :)

Wow. I can't believe that... Lol.. Please share your secret, tips here.. Congrats to you LBLAZY

Wish I had a secret, I just eat a lot healthier, focus on moderation so I don't feel deprived and work out 6x a week at varying intensities! It's the recipe for my success!

WOW!!!! You are now my new inspiration lol. Well done!!!!!!!!

:D Thanks!

Oh wow. You sound like you were like I am right now. I am 22. I graduated in December 2010 and I have another graduation coming up in May 2012. My main problem area is my tummy too. I'm about the weight you were when you started and I'm aiming for the same goal. I too put on about 50 lbs after HS.

But, I am also Insulin Resistant, but I don't plan on letting that stop me- I will do what needs to be done.

Thank you so much, you're an inspiration to me, and I'm sure many more people. :D

Thank you for your kind words, I believe you can do it!!!! Feel free to message me for any support! I'm here for you girl! :)

I have seen many wonderful stories here over the years but I can't think of another that is such an awesome transformation in such a short time.

Your story reminds me of my daughter's hard work over the years to accomplish amazing things in her work and sports when some thought such things were not possible.

I just love your graduation (gown) picture! :D

I am so happy for you! :)
You deserve to feel so proud! :carrot:

Oh thanks so much EZMONEY! I always continually read your posts and found a lot of inspiration from them as I frequented these forums steadily during my loss. Your kind words and amazing compliments mean a lot to me!!! Congrats on all your daughter's success!!!!

AriesNV
06-22-2011, 03:47 PM
OMG, your transformation is amazing. We're around the same height, and you're ultimately where I'd like to be -- ****, even if I could run <1 mile, I'd be pretty darn happy. Thank you for describing how and when you started running. It makes me feel better that not everyone just gets up one morning and can run a 5k, but gradual steps are necessary and more realistic. =] Did you ever experience bad/sore knees when running? Did you find that the shoe you run with makes a big difference?

LBLAZY
06-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Hi AriesNV!

Thanks for the find words about my transformation, you can definitely get there too!! I legit could not run for more than like 15 seconds when I first began, so yes gradual steps are DEFINITELY the way to go and a much more pleasant experience then pushing yourself too hard and ultimately ending up frustrated and injured! I can't recommend the couch 2 5k program enough, I found my love of running there and I found it incredible helpful and motivationally to really see the progress I was making as the weeks went on!!

My knees do get sore from time to time to this day, although when I was heavier I think the pain was from the impact of all the weight on my joints, now if I'm sore it's usually because I'm doing a high mileage week and haven't been stretching enough. Stretching is so so so important, and even though I get lazy, I force myself to do it in order to avoid injury. I also have a foam roller which helps deep tissue massage and it's a pain that feels amazing after a long run!!!

Also shoes definitely make a difference for me, I always used to be the type to buy a pair of sneakers because I thought they were cute...now I make sure they are the best for my feet...I actually went to the local running store and had my foot tested and they suggested shoes for my feet from that point on....it helped me shave off a good amount of time on my average pace, so I think shoes make a huge difference. I'm an Asics girl myself and I make sure I switch them out ever 300-400 miles or so when the bottoms get worn down! :)

mamato2boys
06-24-2011, 02:39 PM
Lauren,

Man, I hate to ask you another question since you've answered so many!!! But, I'm really curious about cellulite??

Did you have any before your weight loss, and if so, did it get better when you lost all the weight?
I am starting to (gasp!) love running too, but the back of my thighs are like cellulite city. LOL....hoping that goes away with the pounds, but was just wondering if you had any personal experience with it!

Thank soooo much!!!!!!!! :)

MagdalenaRaela
06-28-2011, 04:52 PM
WOW! I can't stop saying it as I'm looking at these photos! You are amazing! I've been having a lot of issues with motivation recently- I signed up for the gym two months ago and the first time I went was yesterday... but seeing your pictures and reading your story has seriously inspired me! 100 in 365 is my new goal!

I can't thank you enough for sharing your story! :)

khat
06-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Wow.. I'm speachless really! You are amazing and a great motivation role model! But I did wonder the same as mamato2boys about celulite!
And another thing. As I slowly lose weight my fat is geting all loose and squishy and just flaps around as I run. It used to be more firm on my legs. Did you experience any of this? It's kind of embarassing :(

sheramama
06-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Your story is enough for me to get off the couch, stop pouting about being stuck at the same weight for 2 weeks now, and go exercise (which I will do in 10 min :) You look so amazing and the fact that you are now dedicated to running and maintance is inspiring. Thank you for putting it up.

LBLAZY
06-29-2011, 09:15 PM
Lauren,

Man, I hate to ask you another question since you've answered so many!!! But, I'm really curious about cellulite??

Did you have any before your weight loss, and if so, did it get better when you lost all the weight?
I am starting to (gasp!) love running too, but the back of my thighs are like cellulite city. LOL....hoping that goes away with the pounds, but was just wondering if you had any personal experience with it!

Thank soooo much!!!!!!!! :)

No problem about asking questions, I welcome them because I know when I was in the process of losing I wanted to be as educated as possible throughout my journey!

So I fortunately for me, I didn't have that bad of cellulite surprisingly, I mean I had some as a bigger girl, I don't have any photos of me from the back but you can see my legs in this photo but none that was really that was super noticeable.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/44ed8a39.jpg

Now that a year has passed since I've been maintaining, my skin has kind of settled out for the most part, fat & skin has shifted, and while the it's a little more dimply because the stretch marks & baggy skin, I still don't think I have any cottage cheese happening really....(maybe because of running? idk) here's a photo I just took of the back of my legs so you can be the judge (don't mind the wrinkly linen shorts :P )

http://i51.tinypic.com/vowuoo.jpg

WOW! I can't stop saying it as I'm looking at these photos! You are amazing! I've been having a lot of issues with motivation recently- I signed up for the gym two months ago and the first time I went was yesterday... but seeing your pictures and reading your story has seriously inspired me! 100 in 365 is my new goal!

I can't thank you enough for sharing your story! :)

You can do it Magdalena, I believe in you!!! I'm happy that my story could inspire and motivate you! It means a lot to me for you to say that! :)

Wow.. I'm speachless really! You are amazing and a great motivation role model! But I did wonder the same as mamato2boys about celulite!
And another thing. As I slowly lose weight my fat is geting all loose and squishy and just flaps around as I run. It used to be more firm on my legs. Did you experience any of this? It's kind of embarassing :(

Hopefully my response to mamato2boys cleared up any questions you had about the cellulite....on to the fat squishiness I would say that the only part that is jiggly now would be where my skin is baggier which is my stomach if I'm up a lb or two since that's where it seems to always get put on first....my inner thighs are a tad jiggly too from looser skin, but in perspective it isn't too bad and even my short shorts cover the area! :)

Thanks for the kind words! :)

k8yk
06-30-2011, 07:14 PM
You've got great genetics re:cellulite. I honestly think it's very genetic. I see very slim women at the gym with lots of cellulite and heavy ones without any.

Unfortunately I got the cellulite gene myself, but oh well. Nobody's perfect ;)

Your legs look amazing!

mamato2boys
06-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Thanks, Lauren!!!! I reaaallly appreciate it!! :)

I agree w/k8yk, your legs look fantastic!! Yeah, def no cottage cheese going on there!
I read that running helps with cellulite for some reason, but it probably has a lot to do with genetics too, I guess.

I'm just gonna keep an eye on mine and see how it gets with less poundage. Hoping it goes away at least a little bit.

Ok, thanks soooooo much again!!

malamaza
07-01-2011, 02:56 AM
Thank you for your answer!! <3

lilbrink13
07-07-2011, 02:10 PM
This is such an inspiration! I'm hoping to take up running (consistently) too. I'm a once or twice a week person right now.

itsnikki
07-07-2011, 02:36 PM
You HONESTLY look like another person! It's amazing what 100 lbs plus does to a person, right?

I have around 130 to lose... I just... I was a size 18 in HS and would like to get there as a mini goal. LOL.

No really... you are so beautiful, and have inspired me. :) I love seeing 100 plus losses, because it shows me that with determination I CAN do it.

(I'm a little worried about exercize. I can't do much atm without my legs/back seriously hurting. But I'm going to start slow and build up.:D)

jessica2231
07-08-2011, 10:36 AM
hi lauren. You are still one of my biggest inspirations! I come to look at your goal story all the time. I love reading and looking at all your pics. It reminds me that well maybe i can do this. So thank you for this. You mean more to me than you will ever know. I dont mean that in a weird stalker way. just that you are a huge pillar of moral support in my weightloss journey.
thank you!

I did have a question also. if you dont mind me asking, now that its been a year how are the strechmarks on your tummy?

AnonymouslyYours
07-08-2011, 11:15 AM
You really are a huge inspiration! You look amazing!

I know you said that you ate <1200 calories a day, but did you give yourself a minimum to eat for the day? Like at least 1050 or 1100?

myplanforabetterme
07-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Congratulations on your progress! All that hard work really reaps rewards in the end. You are an inspiration. I am in the same boat, and started a little over a month ago, a size 18 at 215 lbs. I started exercising and have lost 10 lbs and one dress size. I am NOT a runner, but I would like to start. Your walking-to running transition is something I would like to try. And, after another 10lbs, I can hit the gym and work on some strength training. My arms are definitely a target area I need to work on. I call them my "flabby upper thighs"... any suggestions?

Innerprincess
08-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Congratulations! You look beautiful!

LBLAZY
08-07-2011, 03:25 PM
This is such an inspiration! I'm hoping to take up running (consistently) too. I'm a once or twice a week person right now.

That's how I began! It's just about building off where ever you start! Good luck!! :)

You HONESTLY look like another person! It's amazing what 100 lbs plus does to a person, right?

I have around 130 to lose... I just... I was a size 18 in HS and would like to get there as a mini goal. LOL.

No really... you are so beautiful, and have inspired me. :) I love seeing 100 plus losses, because it shows me that with determination I CAN do it.

(I'm a little worried about exercize. I can't do much atm without my legs/back seriously hurting. But I'm going to start slow and build up.:D)

That's right Nikki, you can do it! Thank you so much for your positivity and kind words, just do what you can and build, just moving is a great start!

hi lauren. You are still one of my biggest inspirations! I come to look at your goal story all the time. I love reading and looking at all your pics. It reminds me that well maybe i can do this. So thank you for this. You mean more to me than you will ever know. I dont mean that in a weird stalker way. just that you are a huge pillar of moral support in my weightloss journey.
thank you!

I did have a question also. if you dont mind me asking, now that its been a year how are the strechmarks on your tummy?

Hi Jessica, your words blow me away, thank you so much! I don't take them as stalkery at all, I appreciate it and am completely flattered!!! YOU CAN DO THIS.

I don't mind you asking at all! My stretch marks are about the same as a year ago...since I fluctuate in about a 5 lb range I would say that my loose skin is about the same as last year on my stomach...sometimes it's a bit fuller than other days depending on where I'm at in my range, but I suppose that comes with maintenance and I don't let it bother me anymore! I've proudly worn a bikini to a beach this summer and really didn't think twice about it for the first time in my life! Over the past year I've gotten very comfortable with my new body and stopped thinking that it was just going to disappear over night as I did last year around this time....if that makes any sense!

You really are a huge inspiration! You look amazing!

I know you said that you ate <1200 calories a day, but did you give yourself a minimum to eat for the day? Like at least 1050 or 1100?

I aimed for 1200 calories a day, but I know that sometimes I went under but not by a lot, but then other days I definitely went over...also I tend to underestimate my calorie consumption, and probably was eating more than I had originally thought but since I was losing and still had the energy to continue my day to day routine, so I didn't pay that much attention towards the end of the loss portion of my journey!

Congratulations on your progress! All that hard work really reaps rewards in the end. You are an inspiration. I am in the same boat, and started a little over a month ago, a size 18 at 215 lbs. I started exercising and have lost 10 lbs and one dress size. I am NOT a runner, but I would like to start. Your walking-to running transition is something I would like to try. And, after another 10lbs, I can hit the gym and work on some strength training. My arms are definitely a target area I need to work on. I call them my "flabby upper thighs"... any suggestions?

Way to go on your progress! I definitely encourage trying the walk - to - run transition! I'm proof it works! While you can't spot reduce (unfortunately) I'm always a big fan of doing boxing motions with weights and I also like the assisted pull up machine at the gym. Oh and push ups (i like the girl ones) hurt so good on my arms!!! Best of luck on your journey!

Congratulations! You look beautiful!

Thank you!!!

-------------------

I ran my 3rd 5k yesterday morning! I SHAVED 2 MINUTES OFF MY PR & CAME IN SECOND PLACE FOR MY AGE GROUP!!! I got a pretty medal! I was shocked! Here are some pix! :)

It was so hot & humid, but I did it in 22:11 which is a 7:09 pace!

Posing next to a statue -
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/75a5229b.jpg

Pumping myself up -
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/fc04f2d8.jpg

Hating that there was no shade -
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/0c584149.jpg

Recieving my medal -
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/e0037d4e.jpg

Me & my new friend! -
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g300/wizzer520/e05e6bff.jpg

happygirl5
08-16-2011, 08:50 PM
WELL DONE GIRL :))) this is sooo inspiring
u must be so proud of urself :) u definitely deserve it!

prettythink
08-17-2011, 06:15 AM
oh im jealous you look fabulos darling keep it up

StarvingPoet
08-17-2011, 11:59 AM
WOW! You look fabulous! Congrats! :)

jessica2231
08-17-2011, 01:39 PM
great job lauren! i deginetly come read your stuff over and over and over again! you are my inspiration and i think ive said that like ten times. but i really want you to know that you have changed my life and im sure you have changed many peoples lives!:hug:

hopefull80
08-19-2011, 02:46 PM
truly an inspiration you are so AMAZING :)

MacAndEase
08-23-2011, 03:36 PM
I am just starting at 215. I'm 5'4" and i want to loose from 80-100 pounds in about a year and half. The problem is i don't know where to start. Can you tell me how you started and the exercises you did? What foods did you eat? It would be amazing if you could help me! :D

thebodydiaries
08-23-2011, 07:52 PM
wow! you look really amazing. congratulations on all of the hard work and success.

happygirl5
08-23-2011, 09:16 PM
WELL DONE! you look amazing

PearlElizabeth
08-24-2011, 01:57 AM
Oh my goodness, you look amazing! Great job!

BadBBW
08-24-2011, 11:21 AM
you look freaking AWESOME!!

jessica2231
08-25-2011, 01:28 PM
im on my way! and working hard!

HereGoesNothin
08-31-2011, 05:55 PM
WELL! your an amazing person with strength i think we can all admire. howd you loose so quickly?

grasshopper
09-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Really awesome job! This really inspires me to get going on my goal.

icandothis2
09-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Oh my goodness you did a wonderful job..Ur such an inspiration to me i have alot of weight to lose but i'm so determined this time to really lose it and reading your story has really helped me..Love all the pics you posted it's nice to see your transition...Congrats to you..:congrat:

SammyPajammy
09-28-2011, 04:04 AM
Amazing, you should be so proud!

miliminime
11-10-2011, 03:34 PM
You look amazing!!! I read some of your responses and they're really helpful! I think I've been a little confused the last couple of days on what to do but you've helped clarify it :) I'm also trying to lose weight in college, and you deserve some serious props because it's stressful balancing everything. I'm going to try and do what you did, just pick a spot on the map and walk in that direction (to get started) - I love that idea, and it really beats walking on the track.

Again, thanks for the inspiration! You look great :]

Psychobella
11-17-2011, 10:28 PM
amazing you did a really great! Keep it up!:carrot:

neimanmarxist
01-11-2012, 10:36 AM
completely. amazing. congratulations! I am so inspired right now.

ImBringingSexyBack
01-12-2012, 06:06 PM
I know this is an old thread, but WOW - you have REALLY motivated me. Job WELL DONE! You look beautiful. : )

PrairieGirl
01-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Your legs are so thin! Wow!

itsjustmagic
01-18-2012, 03:31 AM
You look amazing. Your legs and arms look great! Those are the two things I worry about the most. I don't want flab anywhere and girl you definitely prove that it's possible! Congratulations. :)

Moozie
01-18-2012, 05:17 AM
have just read this-
you are a true inspiration and you look fantastic

damiilya
01-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Jeez, you look great! Congrats!!

novi den
01-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Simply amazing! What an accomplishment.

Dawnberry
01-24-2012, 12:24 PM
you were pretty before and you are even prettier now. congrats!

ohlauren
01-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Ahh congratulations!!! You look fantastic!!

lovemydoggiesx2
01-29-2012, 02:03 PM
You are amazing. Wonderful job!

lcard
02-13-2012, 12:31 AM
Congrats! You look fabulous and your story is very inspiring!!!

ErBear
02-23-2012, 04:46 PM
You are such an inspiration! Thank you so much for posting. And you look beautiful!

mgreen23
02-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Absolutely amazing, congrats on your journey!!

dawn77
03-15-2012, 01:19 PM
amazing youve done a great job and Im so glad you have gotten this far! great job and very insperational!

04-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Hope I don't get in trouble for bumping this thread, but I just had to join up and say WOW! Well done on your transformation, you look great.

I am at the start of a weight loss journey myself and I hope in a year or so, to be making a thread like this too :)

Butterfly1987
04-14-2012, 06:00 AM
Wow, you look absolutely amazing! I'm so jealous of your legs :-O

eyre13
04-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Such an inspiration! Congratulations!!!!

Filcha
04-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Well done! Looks like a different girl!

dawn77
04-19-2012, 10:46 AM
very nice you have doen an amazing job and should be so proud of yourself!

xJox
04-20-2012, 06:28 PM
You look absolutely amazing. Congrats on your success.

celticrae19
07-14-2012, 11:51 AM
Wow look at you in that cap and gown. Skinny lady!!! congrats. I know how hard it is to lose weight in college, I gained an additional 20 lbs myself. Its great to see you lost it by graduation

burgundyrayne
07-15-2012, 11:29 PM
Such an inspiration

ShiningStar05
08-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Your story is so inspiring. You look sooo good!!

1ChubbyChik
08-29-2012, 02:37 PM
congrats on you transformation. i was browsing the forums when i found this. My boyfriend says that i can never be skinny because i am "big boned". growing up i was very athletic so i do have a lot of muscle majority of my fat is in my belly my arms are very out of shape too. but after finding my true inspiration i have big hopes i look like you. i never new what we girls are capable of. once again congrats and thx for the boost to start my weight loss journey.:hug:

thewalrus0
08-29-2012, 04:13 PM
This story is almost exactly like mine! Except I'm a little heavier, but I do wear a size 18 pants and my goal is to graduate at a healthy weight! I'm a freshman in college and have always been overweight. This story gives me hope!

ChloeSJHart
08-31-2012, 06:34 PM
Wow! What an inspiration! Congratulations :) xxx

smoosmoo
09-02-2012, 02:54 AM
Big congratulations! You look amazing now!!

Andrinna
09-04-2012, 05:21 AM
I know this is an old post, but so inspiring!

bigmomma
11-12-2012, 02:13 AM
You look wonderful!

Mozzy
01-04-2013, 12:38 AM
Congrats!!!

lindalee9
03-28-2013, 01:41 AM
Wow, you look amazing!!