General Diet Plans and Questions - too much water?

View Full Version : too much water?

Coondocks
09-14-2010, 04:01 PM
I track my water intake daily, and already today at 3pm i've had 94 oz . . . . I don't know if this is just a random thing but I feel like im dehydrated . . . I'll probably end up having another 20 oz today

Is that too much water??

Everlasting
09-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Nah. One time I heard you should take your weight, divide by 2, and thats how much ounces of water you would ideally consume in one day. (There is stuff like fruits and veggies counting as water in that equation too...) But it's okay to drink water, even more than you've had is fine. Unless you're drinking so much that you're not eating all your nutrients and can't sleep at night because you have to get up and go to the potty.

hlaoroo
09-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Be careful, my mom heard the same thing about dividing your weight in half and has been hosptalized twice now with drinking too much water. She weighs under 200 lbs so she was drinking around 90-100 oz a day. With too much water you flush the sodium from your body and this can be a very dangerous condition.

19Deltawifey
09-17-2010, 04:18 PM
If I drink too much water I get headaches, and I think this is because it throws off my electrolyte balance in my body. Usually when I get the headache I eat something salty and it goes away. I only drink water and I don't eat a lot of sodium. I think I read some where that if you drink lots of water and don't get enough salt in your diet it can cause all kinds of symptoms, mine just happens to be headaches.