Alternachicks - LesBiAlternachicks and Friends

View Full Version : LesBiAlternachicks and Friends

soozie
10-21-2002, 02:54 AM
Hey girlies. Sorry I've been away. Busy, busy week. No gym....:( ...feeling a little like a slug in that regard. Trying to get house finished as I'm having some of my colleagues here this Friday and an old friend is coming today...Monday, for dinner.

I'll weigh in later and post in on that. As I said no gym but haven't been doing to poorly with my food...could be better...I think that I should start a new lesbialternachicks thread as this one is getting too long...I'll ask Mauvais to save this one but close it to new messages...

Talk to you soon.
soozie

mauvaisroux
10-21-2002, 10:09 AM
Hi Soozie! Glad you are still with us. I have split the thread and the old one will be kept in the archives.

Talk to you soon!

Mauvaisroux

ellis
10-21-2002, 11:55 AM
Hey Soozie, have fun with your friend and colleagues!! You'll get to show off your new kitchen.

Speaking of kitchens, I've started tearing mine apart. It looks like **** in here, and we've no money for renovations right now, but I just couldn't wait any longer. I have great plans, though!

later darlings...

OI812
10-21-2002, 02:45 PM
Ellis...everything starts with a plan or a dream! LOL

I'm sure I've read that somewhere before!

Kelly

ellis
10-21-2002, 06:16 PM
Dream is right, Kelly!! :lol:

soozie
10-21-2002, 10:39 PM
Thanks Mauvais...this is much more refreshing...:lol:...
We had a really nice dinner with my friend from California tonight. It was really sweet of her to fit us in to her schedule and drive way out here from Phila.

Ellis...I did show off my new kitchen and the painted and freshened up living room...I still haven't taken care of getting pics online...I'll work on it girls. So I can show you too!!!

I still didn't finish my furniture refinishing project... if I wasn't such a perfectionist about these things it would be long done... but, I'm enjoying it. I get slowed down because it involves alot of sanding...I have no garage and no work room...so I only sand outside and we've had alot of rain lately. I like to work at night but can't do sanding then. When I paint or whatever I work in our sunroom...I don't know what to call that room really...its like a casual living room/playroom/tv room/ everything room. I just put plastic table cloths over the rug but, sanding is so messy with all of the fine dust I stopped doing it inside...just too messy.

We have a big shed in the backyard and I fantasize about turning it into a studio when I retire someday...have to have good lighting...ie, electricity, running water for a sink, heating, a/c of course...and last but not least...cable tv....I can't create without it!! I could have my sewing machine, painting stuff, and furniture refinishing etc in one place...a quiet little workshop.

Maybe in twenty years...when the kid has graduated from college...until then, the dining room table becomes my sewing area, living room and back porch are my woodshop and painting...anywhere I drop a dropcloth...usually in front of the tv!

talk to you soon ladie-o's
Love, Soozie
ps. I didn't like my weight today so I'll post it tomorrow!:no: :sorry:

ellis
10-23-2002, 06:40 PM
Sooze, I'm glad you had a good time with your friend. :)

That studio would be great!!

Listen, does anyone have a stainless steel counter they don't want?

soozie
10-23-2002, 06:44 PM
Does anyone have a new model Volvo or $100,000. (american or canadian or euro) that they don't want?
Love you Ellis and the rest of you chickies!
Love,
Soozie

Ruthxxx
10-23-2002, 06:59 PM
I have!!!!
Shucks, you said Volvo! I always get those two mixed up! :D

ellis
10-23-2002, 07:38 PM
Ruth, you are so disgusting. ;)

Hey, we could have a trading thread! You should see the crap... I mean great stuff I'm throwing out!
I; too, could use a 100 000 bucks. Should we start buying lottery tickets?
I've got a 96 Suzuki if anyone wants it. The catalytic converter is starting to fall off, and we've got to take it in for it's emissions test soon.
OH GREAT... my Dh just said that the casing on the resinator fell off today. He said the car doesn't rattle quite so much anymore, though...
Do you American girls have to go for emissions tests? (on your car, not yourself)

Oh damn... this weekend is changing the clocks day. I'm exhausted NOW!!

squeaker
10-23-2002, 07:43 PM
Just a quick hello & goodbye! :wave:

I have a ton of stuff to do tonight still. I am leaving for the airport at 3:00 tomorrow. :)

Oh - and you girls are all just silly esp. Ruthxxx & Ellis. :lol:

:mouse:

ellis
10-23-2002, 07:45 PM
Squeak!!! You're leaving tomorrow!!! Have a wonderful time, sweetie... we'll all be thinking about you...
xoxo hugs...

dentrassi
10-23-2002, 07:46 PM
HAVE FUN SQUEAK!!!!!!!

barefootgrrrl
10-23-2002, 08:11 PM
Have Fun Squeak :)

Terri

Ruthxxx
10-23-2002, 09:31 PM
Hey, Squeak - have as much fun as I would have if I were still your age and knew as much as I know now!

mauvaisroux
10-24-2002, 12:16 AM
Have a great trip Squeak! :)

soozie
10-24-2002, 12:52 PM
yes Ruth that is exactly it...Squeak ditto, do what Ruth said....
and Ruth...you are very fresh!!!!
:lol:
Gotta go to work now....late as usual....planning to get
back to the gym this week...honest....really and truly.
Love, Soozie

MrsM95
10-24-2002, 02:16 PM
Hi Ladies!!
Thought i would stop by and see what everyone has been up to lately and try to get caught up a little before i'm gone for a few days. Dr. assures me that i will be able to come back to work on monday without any restictions and i keep thinking yeah right he has NO clue what i do for a living or how much i lift in a day. I only get online when i'm at work so i'll be out till atleast Monday but probably till tuesday. Computer at home runs like a snail and i refuse to use it when i have access to one that runs so much faster at work :D .

Ellis - good luck with the kitchen remodel. I have a bathroom we have been remodeling for about 4 years that i still haven't finished and a bedroom that we started last summer that still isn't done. Hubby and I are both terrible about procrastination on finishing projects we start around the house.

Soozie - lets see those pictures:) .

I guess i better stop shoving food in my face (lunch time) and get some work done.
MrsM95

ellis
10-24-2002, 03:30 PM
MrsM, I'm so glad to hear that I'm not the only one slow to finish renovations. phew!
A friend came over yesterday and looked at my kitchen. I half-jokingly said it should be finished in about a year, and she said, "oh Ellis, you should get it all done IMMEDIATELY!" :mad:
Then another friend came over and said, "You take your time doing it... it's YOUR life and it's an expensive job." :smug:
SOME friends say just the right things.

DH and I procrastinate, too. We'll work hard on something for a while, and then we'll get burnt out, and we'll let it "sit" for about 6 months. :rolleyes:
Maybe we should switch houses and do a "Changing Rooms". Of course, someone would have to give us some money..... :D

Ruthxxx
10-24-2002, 05:33 PM
This has been a really lousy day so VENT ALERT!!!!!

The electricity was off when we got up this morning. OK - we can handle cold cereal for breakfast and instant coffee made with hot tap water. The power came on by 9.

Next, a callow youth from Bell shows up at the door and tells us we need our line upgraded. He disconnects the phone and then goes for coffee! Phone is finally back before lunch.

Furnace guy comes to clean at 1 and discovers that the inside of our furnace has collapsed into the heat thingie or something. The new furnace guy comes at 2 and tells us we also need a new oil tank as well as a furnace - over $3K! (All this stuff is 35 years old so......) Can't use the furnace until replaced which should be late tomorrow or first thing Tuesday. I guess there are no Mondays in furnace installation land. Damned cold in the house except in the kitchen and back room where the woodstove is roaring.

So, in a slight snit, I go to the Office to work on Accounting and keep warm. The System crashed! Luckily I did a backup on Monday - hope to **** it works. The good news is I would need to re-create October only as I closed the year Sept 30.

So, I am going to have a long hot tub and wash and dry my hair.
If we lived in Ottawa, I'd be at a Chinese buffet by 5!

So how's that for a pissy day? At least I didn't have my wrist operation done yesterday!

ellis
10-24-2002, 05:46 PM
oooooooh, poor Ruthie... the day from **** indeed!! Thank God for woodstoves. Ummm, you HAVE had the chimney cleaned recently, haven't you? :D
If you lived in Ottawa, you could come to my house and have fish out of a box, mashed potatoes out of a box, and corn out of a can. I am such a gourmet...
Get a good book and cozy up by the fire. With a whiskey. And a blanket. And slippers.
hugs... xoxo

mauvaisroux
10-24-2002, 11:20 PM
Ruthxxx-when it rains it pours:rain: but tomorrow will be a better day:df:

dentrassi
10-25-2002, 01:14 AM
WOW!!! Sounds like alot of us are having crappy days and/or weeks!!! I have fallen back into the habit of letting people walk all over me, so it is time for me to re-find my inner *****.

Ellis-We like to "age" things before we install them. We aged a faucet once for 2 1/2 years before we finally installed it. It was such a horrible job that i wish we had waited even longer!!! (Part of the pipe was "covered" in duct tape. When DH removed it he found the pipe had disintegrated and it was ONLY duct tape!!)

Mrs. M-Sorry to hear the bad news. We are all behind you here, and sending lots of good thoughts your way. Hopefully it will be benign.:grouphug:

ellis
10-25-2002, 08:21 AM
:lol: Den, I can so relate to your faucet story. heh heh.
We have a ceiling fan still in the box that we bought 6 years ago. Not quite sure where to put it in this house. And a few light fixtures. Okay, SEVERAL light fixtures.
My DH has learned to do plumbing if you'd like to borrow him. :D

OI812
10-25-2002, 08:45 AM
Good morning ladies,

Mrs.M--Good luck on your return back to work.

Ruth--Sounds like you had a rotton day yesterday. I hope today turns out to be better for you.

Ellis and Dent--I also have things around here that I've had for a long period of time that has never made it on the wall. My father made me some shelves and things for xmas last year that I've never got around to staining and putting them on the walls. And there is no sense in doing it now, when dh and I will be buying a house in the spring.

Well, Nov 15th is the day is the of my surgery to get my wisdom teeth out. Not really looking forward to it. They only do surgeries on Thursdays and Fridays so that means I had to book the whole weekend off work and the weekends are the best time of the week to make the most money. Oh well, I'll just hope the following week will be just as or even busier than the one I'm going to miss.
And I have to take my car in on Tuesday to get it fixed. Either the rear strut is broken or it's the axle, either way it has to be fixed before it starts to snow. My left tire is on an angle and it's wearing the inside of tire. It's pretty much bald. So I'm guessing around $600 for that. And so close to xmas too!

Well, I'm off. DD wants me to put pig tales in her hair for school today.
I'm doing a lunch shift and then coming back home before I have to go back in at 4:30, I'll check back in then.
You all have a great day and take care.

Kelly

dentrassi
10-25-2002, 11:49 AM
When people ask WHY I haven't installed "it" yet I tell them that I am "antiquing" it!!!!!!!:D

soozie
10-26-2002, 10:20 PM
Hi Chickies, I finally got myself back to the gym and I feel wonderful. Just seeing the scale go down alittle bit inspired me and seeing my old friend who looks almost exactly the same as she did when she was 20 years old about 20 years ago! What is up with that....? I hate that...but, it is inspirational.

So, I worked out at the gym Thurs, Fri, and Sat (today) and then tonight I worked out to techno-pop and Madonna's music CD with my DD and DP. We were bebopping all over the living room...breaking in the new carpet. Then we stretched and did some yoga...it was great.

hope you all are having a better weekend.
Sending love and encouragement and positive energy!!!
Soozie

Wanttolosealot
10-26-2002, 10:50 PM
Way to go Soozie and family. Exercising together can be a lot of fun and very rewarding too. It is great you have lots of support. Although I bet you are already one hott chick, just wait till you firm up! Oh la la! Sometimes the little things are the ones that will be remembered for a life time. Shake that booty babe!
Talk soon, love
Virginia

katrinabgood
10-27-2002, 08:25 AM
You go, Soozie! Once you get back there (the gym) you wonder why it's such a chore to get there in the first place...it feels so good!!

Anyway, good for you!

Ruthxxx
10-27-2002, 08:37 AM
All this damned enthusiasm is going to make me start exercising soon. If there ever is a time with no sports on the TV, I'll do my walking tapes while the dogs leap and bound. They think it's a game.

soozie
10-28-2002, 01:10 AM
Hey girls...we've got some serious color action going on here....
I went to the gym again on Sunday! yeah, Kat, it feels so good you do
wonder why you don't go all the time...it is hard to prioritize myself though...
everything else can get in the way and then the gym falls to the
wayside...but, not now. I'm burning those lbs off!!!!!!!

Well it is late here...
Going to go get some rest!
Love, Soozie:wave:

ellis
10-28-2002, 08:26 AM
Ruthie, get out there and walk. It's beautiful out. (sort of)

Congrats to all of you exercising girls!!! :cb:

I'm on my way to the gym. My thighs are KILLING ME!!
Advil... I need Advil...

back later...
xoxo

soozie
10-28-2002, 10:32 AM
Advil is a thing of beauty...had to take some the other night...legs were sore, couldn't sleep...can't make it to the gym today...going to do a tape at home...lots of work at my office...trying to fit everyone in so I can be off on Thursday to go out with my little vampirella.

Love to you girlies.
Soozie
...and keep moving those bodies.....
go Ellis! you exercise diva!!!!!

MrsM95
10-28-2002, 03:04 PM
Hey Chickie's :wave:
Hope all are having a wonderfull Monday. The leaves are finally starting to turn colors and looking awsome. I wish i could be outside today instead of stuck in the office. I heard my favorite word on the weather report this morning, they are calling for snow here later in the week. Just flurries but it's a start :D and yes i'm a little warped.
MrsM95

soozie
10-29-2002, 12:33 AM
Snow already...no way.
didn't exercise today.
have appt. with trainer tomorrow.
looking forward to that.
Love, Soozie:wave: :wizard: :yes:

ellis
10-29-2002, 08:28 AM
My gosh, Soozie... I thought you were breaking into a poem. :lol:

Good for you getting a P. trainer! I'm going to try that, too. Maybe after Christmas...

MrsM, you ARE warped!! SNOW!!! BLAH!!! :lol:

Love and hugs to all... :wave:

Ruthxxx
10-29-2002, 10:25 AM
Ellis - I just walked! Yes, it's gorgeous out there but it is DAMNED COLD! The vet says Hershey needs to get more exercise to build up her stamina for delivery of those pups December 1. She is definitely not enthused about walking and lies down if I stop to talk to anyone! Somehow I know she and I are related!

ellis
10-29-2002, 12:36 PM
Ruth, I'm so proud of you!!! :cb: Yay, Ruth!!!

Pups in December.... oooooh.... can you take pictures, please?

mauvaisroux
10-29-2002, 01:49 PM
Yay Ruth! :dancer:

Will you be selling your pups? or keeping them around for more agravation, maybe that *****y Drawers woman could use a new dog that can behave itself in public:lol:

And I have to commend you, Ellis, for your devotion to the gym since you joined! :cp::strong:

ellis
10-29-2002, 01:59 PM
Thank you, Mauvais. Ditto. But you've been eating too much lately. Is it the cold weather? We don't want you to lose that beautiful figure! :D

Went to the gym with DH this morning and had a good workout. But now I'm cold, crabby and tired. All I want to do is take a nap.
:(

soozie
10-29-2002, 02:39 PM
Okay...just typed a long message and lost it.
Went to gym, had a great workout.
proud of you girls for exercising
lets keep at it
realized if I just keep doing this for 12 more months
working out three or four days a week
eating a bit less
I'll be where I want to be by October 2003
then got into the one day at a time thing
then decided I should look at some greek sculpture for
inspiration.
found pics of two that I wrote papers on in undergrad
trying to glue them onto this page don't know if I can
Love, Soozie
I'll send this now and then try to send pics
Bye

ellis
10-29-2002, 03:40 PM
NOW LOOK HERE, SOOZIE!!! THIS IS NOT THE POETRY THREAD!!! :lol:
You are so funny. Keep it coming, hon ...

Going to get my baby from school. I just had a nap. I think I'd better make some coffee when I get back, otherwise I won't get ANYTHING done today!

The problem with the Greeks is that they were so darned ummmm, fat. Wholesome. More wholesme than I care to be. :D

OI812
10-29-2002, 06:07 PM
I'm here ladies, alive, barely, but alive.
I'm having a bad week.
Where to start. Well, I got suspended from work for 4 days, so that leaves me with only 2 days of work at my full time job. I deserved it. So I've put a period at the end of it and am moving on. Though I'm sure my co-workers will be asking me lots of questions when I return to work on Friday. And I'll tell them, I made a mistake, paid the consquences and moved on. End of story.
Had to take my car in today to get it fixed. The mechanic said he'll need it there for a couple of days. Doesn't sound good to me. Hopefully I won't have to drain my savings to pay for it.
And to top things off, I've got my period, a headache and I've been eating Reeses Peanut Butter cups like they are going out of style. Plus I haven't been to the gym in a few weeks either. I've put back on the 5 lbs I've lossed. I'm very depressed and have no idea why I can't get my motivation to exercise. My husband is of no help. His idea of dieting is only eating once a day. I wish I didn't like food as much as I do!

To you ladies out there....congrats on your exercising. You are doing a fantastic job! Now if you could only bottle up some of that motivation and send it on down to me!

Tomorrow when I get home from my p/t job, I'm going to get one of my exercise tapes out and do it! I'll pack my breakfast, lunch and snacks to take with me to work tomorrow to so I won't be eating any junk food there.
I only want to lose 10 lbs! And these 10lbs have been the hardest for me to lose!

Sorry for whining to you guys, but really, I have no one here to talk to that understands where I'm coming from.

Anyways, I"m off to heat some left over chili up for supper. Getting colder here now. Halloween night they are calling for flurries here!

I'll pop back in here later tonight and see what you ladies are up to.

Talk to you all then
Kelly

ellis
10-29-2002, 07:06 PM
Kelly, I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time. Keep your chin up and don't look back! You CAN exercise, and you CAN eat healthily for an entire day!
You're going to do it... don't sink into a blue funk. You've got a lot going for you hon!
:grouphug:

Wanttolosealot
10-29-2002, 09:52 PM
Kelly
Sorry you are going through so much all at once. Sometimes it just doesn't seem fair to have to bear so much all at once. But you are a strong woman and you can get through it, one day at a time. Once you get yourself back into an exercise and eating right cycle again, you will be amazed at how much better you feel and things will gradually fall into place again.
Big hug!
Virginia

squeaker
10-29-2002, 11:25 PM
Kelly, whine all you want to that is what we are here for!

:mouse:squeak

PS - yes I am back from my trip and had an awesome time. I will be back to write all about it tomorrow when I have time to think & type. :)

soozie
10-30-2002, 12:41 AM
okay girls, if this worked then you should be able to click on the line
above and go see two of my favorite greek sculptures.
The Dying Niobid and the Winged Victory.
I have a huge picture of the Winged Victory in my office.
My friend brought it back from Paris and it got a few
dimples on it in the airplane. She was so annoyed that
she gave it to me...now, 20 some years later, she wants it back.
It is supposed to inspire me to lose weight and to think about
strength and beauty in the female form.
The Dying Niobid is also really beautiful...I don't think that
either of them is too fat Ellis...do you?
Just curvy.
And forget those small perky boobies but,
I won't even go there...
I already wrote my quota of online boob talk
for the year...once January comes though watch out.
Love, Soozie

ellis
10-30-2002, 06:09 AM
Oh, Soozie... the Nike of Samothrace... that's always been one of my favourites. She is SO beautiful!!
And no, she's not too fat at all, although her legs ARE a little heavy. :D
The statue of Venus, though... I'd like for my shoulders and arms to have more definition than hers. And she obviously never breastfed a baby for a year!

Wanttolosealot
10-30-2002, 08:01 AM
Soozie,
The sculptures are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Virginia

barefootgrrrl
10-30-2002, 10:31 AM
Kelly- I've been there, so just try not to be too hard on yourself. Life gets in the way sometimes, that's what it is.

Hugs and Love to you from me :)

Oh gee Soozie....... Greek goddesses .......hmm, be still my heart LOL

more boobie talk? please.....he he, I was looking at myself the other day and noticed that my bra cups are full on the bottom, but not so full at the top.....gee, does that mean I'm starting to sag *EVEN* when I wear a bra? What will happen next? I'll need to have shoes made for them? LOL

Got candy to hand out tomorrow night - the kind I *don't* like.

:)

Love, Ter

katrinabgood
10-30-2002, 11:21 AM
Speaking of candy, I told dh that under no circumstances, should candy, especially chocolate, enter this house!!! So he bought the little bags of Fritos and chips and things like that to hand out to trick or treaters.

Now...I just have to get my son to hide his sack o' candy after Halloween...for some reason, (like, maybe he isn't a compulsive eater like his mother) it takes him FOREVER to get through his candy...sometimes even forgetting about it...
(she said, uncomprehendingly)

soozie
10-30-2002, 11:34 AM
I know, as we've discussed in Pigs Anon, my kid is pathetically healthy about food as well. not that I haven't been totally devoted to making her normal about food...never giving a value to food, ie..."if you eat this you can have that"...cause then "that" seems more valuable than "this"....

Gotta go shower for work.
Love, soozie

barefootgrrrl
10-30-2002, 12:21 PM
Around April of every year, we do the major cleaning of my daughter's bedroom - furniture moved, carpet pulled up, et.

Every year we find small pieces of candy leftover from Halloween........ and I still can't believe it. Of course the chocolate is gone :lol: but I still find smarties and gumballs and sourballs, and yummy stuff like Good and Plenty etc. etc.

My daughter is lucky not to have a sweet tooth, that's all I can say

Terri:lol:

ellis
10-30-2002, 02:13 PM
I hear ya, girls. :lol: I saw a blue Smartie on the basement floor the other day. Ick. I had to step on it to stop myself from eating it. :rolleyes:

OI812
10-30-2002, 06:30 PM
First and foremost, I want to thank you ladies for letting me whine and for the support that you are giving me.

I had all the intentions of coming home from working and getting the exercise tape out and doing it today, but late in my shift at work, I must of did something to my neck. I know that last saturday I coughed so hard I pulled a muscle in my neck. It bothered me for a couple of days and I thought it went away. But today it came back. Thank goodness it happened at the end of shift or I would of never been able to continue working. I came home in alot of pain and couldn't move my neck to the left hardly. I got the Rub A535 out and put that on, which didn't really do anything. Then I got the heating blanket out and have applied that to my neck for the last 2 hours. It has helped a bit, plus I took a Tylenol 3 with codine for the pain and that has helped to. I figued I should hold off on the exercise till tomorrow so that my neck might not be bothering me then.

Ellis--Glad you stepped on that smartie! LOL I guess the 3 second rule doesn't apply to this case does it? LOL

Terri--You are so lucky that your daughter doesn't have a sweet tooth. Both my kids do. I bought two chocolate bars a few months ago that a kid was selling to raise money for kids hockey. I bought one for my dd and one for my ds to have, but not all at one time. They were like a family size candy bar. Anyways, I had to go to work and when I came home I find out that my dh had let the kids eat the whole chocolate bar....each! Thank goodness neither of them have a weight problem, they are both very active. And they have annual dental check-ups too! LOL

I've babbled long enough. I'm off to make some mushroom and cheese omlettes for dinner. I wanted to go the grocery store, but my neck hurt too much and my car is still in the shop getting fixed and won't be ready till tomorrow. (they've had it since yesterday at 8 a.m.)

Talk to you girls later on tonight.

Again, thanks for your support.

Kelly

ellis
10-30-2002, 09:47 PM
Hang in there, Kelly. Take good care of that neck. Ouch! I know how much that hurts. :grouphug:

squeaker
10-30-2002, 10:34 PM
:wave:HEY CHICKIES!!!!!!

I am done with everything I had to tonight, and it is only 9:30! Which means I have enough time to come in here and babble. :)

Work has been nuts. I have been really busy, but don't feel like I have really accomplished much of anything. I am starting the W2 process very soon. It is a little scary. But I have good people at work to support/help me. We should make it ok. I am more worried about the other major project we have going that I have been ignoring. For that one I think I am scheduled for a nervous breakdown in January, and another one in March.

Class was awesome. I learned a lot. It also made me feel like I had a clue, which I didn't before.

I flew in Thursday night, and the boy was waiting for me at baggage claim. We got a little lost going to the hotel, but only like 5 minutes. Not too bad. I gave him a present - chocolate covered cherries. He was rather appreciative. ;) Plus I think he was happy to see me.
Friday he left from the hotel to go to work, I went to class. He came back kinda late, after leaving work late, getting stuck in traffic, and having to go to his apt. to get more clothes. We went for a fabulous dinner. Split dessert. yum! :T Rented Minority Report. It was ok.
Saturday we spent wandering around the Pier in San Francisco. It was great. There was so much to see. I didn't get to see even a third of what I wanted so I will have to go back sometime. I may have a chance since he is thinking about moving there after he graduates. :( Sucks for me, but a wonderful opportunity for him. Spent Saturday night watching a movie and cuddling.
Flew back Sunday.

It was a great weekend. A wonderful time was had by all :love:

Squeak & Scribbles in CA (http://www.geocities.com/sabgbs/squeak_scribbles3.html)

Wanttolosealot
10-30-2002, 11:11 PM
Squeak
It sounds like you had a great time. So glad you got to spend some time with "the boy". You look very sweet together.
Virginia

soozie
10-31-2002, 12:12 AM
Oh Squeak...you two look adorable together!!!
Okay, I'll stop there and I won't get all mushy and maternal on you.

and Kelly...hang in there sweetie!

Skipped the gym today...going back tomorrow.
feeling really good today about how my body is looking
I can see alittle difference in my face since I lost a bit of weight
and am working out.
One of my double chins is shrinking...its a joyous thing
Ellis...does this one read like a poem?
okay...let me compose...

a chin is fine
when you have one
but two chins my dear
is really no fun

and three not three
we can't mention three
three chins my dear
there never should be

when you are fat
you have to admit
on many bright mornings
you feel like sh....

but when at dawn
with a gaze in the mirror
you see your chin
and it becomes clearer

that what was two
has dwindled to one
you'll know that your
babe-dom is soon to come

the end....for now

I'd like to be considered the
Dr Suess laureate
of this thread...

thank you
Soozie

squeaker
10-31-2002, 07:43 AM
Very cute Dr. Suess-ie (Kinda sounds like Soozie, kinda sorta maybe....)

Thanks Virginia. :) I was a lot of fun. Now 1 more month til I see him again.

ellis
10-31-2002, 09:05 AM
Dr.Suess-ie, you are killin' me. :lol: You are tres talented.

Squeak, I love the picture! You remind me of Helen Hunt. I'm so glad you had a good time. :)

Happy Halloween everyone!!

soozie
10-31-2002, 10:47 AM
:) :wave: :grouphug: :wave: :)
Happy Halloween
Love, Soozie

OI812
10-31-2002, 02:24 PM
Good afternoon girls,

Today is going fairly well. Neck is still pretty sore but I'm coping.

Is everyone ready for all the trick or treaters tonight? I just got my pumpkin today and I'm going to carve it in a bit.

I have a picture of myself that I would like to share with you all. I tried posting it here but it says my pic is too big and I don't know how to down-size it. If any of you would like to send me your email via a pm I would love to share my pic with you. It was taken 2 summers ago when I had lost 20 lbs. I've gained 10 back and would love to look like I did again.

Well, I'm off to do the dishes and start carving that pumpkin.
Talk to you all later.

Kelly

katrinabgood
10-31-2002, 03:22 PM
Um...am I blind? Where exactly is Miss Squeak's picture? I'm not seeing it!

By the way...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

ellis
10-31-2002, 03:37 PM
Yeah, you're blind, Kat. :lol: There's a link in her message. Click on it, hon.

ellis
10-31-2002, 03:42 PM
Kelly.... I just got your picture... thank you!!
Hey girl, you're such a cute babe!
How much do you have to lose before you look like that again?
Get that neck better and get exercising again!
xo

OI812
10-31-2002, 04:09 PM
Thanks Ellis! I appreciate that. It feels good to hear someone say that to you.
I have 10 lbs to lose to look like that again. And I'm determined to do it!
I'm the type of person who loves to dress up when I go out. I love to dress sexy! And I think once I lose these 10 lbs, I'll look and feel even sexier! LOL
(no I am no conceited!) LOL

Pumpkin is carved, but dishes aren't done. I have all night to do that.
I think I'm going to cook up a frozen veggie pizza tonight for dinner. Something quick and fast and it's just for me and dd. If she doesn't like it, then I'll maker her a grilled cheese or something.
It's kinda drizzeling here, so I guess we'll be taking our umbrellas with us tonight. Hopefully it doesn't end up all out raining. That would make things much worse.

Does anyone watch ER? I seen the previews for tonights show and it looks like it's going to be a really good one!
Did anyone catch the Bachlor on t.v. last night? Who do you think Aaron should end up picking for his "girlfriend"? It's a toss up for me between Gwen and Brooke.

Okay, I'm off to watch Dr. Phil.
I'll check back in later.

Kelly

squeaker
10-31-2002, 08:06 PM
It's just a jump to the left........

Happy Halloween girls!

OI812
10-31-2002, 09:06 PM
Squeak---are you singing...Let's do the time warp Yeaaahhhhhh!
LOL

squeaker
10-31-2002, 09:48 PM
:yes: Yup. I love Rocky! I watched that and Nightmare Before Christmas. Spent tonight singing loudly (and very badly) fun & twisted songs. :)

soozie
10-31-2002, 10:39 PM
....and then a step to the right...
but its the pelvic thrust..that'll drive you
insaaaanne...

I love ER...one of the only shows that I watch regularly
going to go watch it now
ate a bit too much candy tonight
yucky
but, tomorrow is another day
I'm off tomorrow, Sat, and Sun
can't wait to hang around my house
and straighten stuff up
and finish that darn table
finally!!!

Love, Soozie

soozie
10-31-2002, 10:42 PM
Oh, and work out at the
gym of course!!!!!!!!
ps. saw my doctor today and told
her to document on my chart all of
my complaints related to my boobs
(like tripping over them) :moo:
so when I ask her for a referral to
the plastic surgeon she won't be
surprized....
now...as soon as I lose about
thirty more pounds I'll be
ready for lift, shape, and relocation.
yeah baybee!
Love, Soozie:moo:

OI812
11-01-2002, 08:37 AM
Good morning ladies,

Did everyone have a Happy Halloween? Ours was a good. I took my dd out for about an hour and she got a bags worth of candy. Came home and we went through her things and then she picked out what she wanted to eat. I'm sure I missed alot of trick or treaters coming to my house while we were out, but after we came back we had 59 kids come to the house. I still have a bowl of bubble gum that didn't get given away last night.

Soozie--I watched ER last night too. It was a good one.

I get to pick my car up from the garage today. They've had it since Tuesday morning and I'm scared to find out what the cost is.
Have to get my nails done and my eyebrows done today too. Need to go to the library and return some books and look for a hat/scarf/mittens ensemble for my dd. So looks like I'm going to be having a very busy day!

I'm off to get things started. I"ll check back in here later.

Kelly

soozie
11-01-2002, 10:24 AM
I should be having a busy day of errands and chores
myself...but, yesterday I got my flu shot and a tetanus shot
and now I'm feeling like my head is in a vice...I think I'll
take some advil and see if that helps.

I'm glad that I timed it this way...got the shots when I have
the next three days off...

We had alot of fun trick or treating with DD last night...and with my
adorable nephew and our great neighbors and their two kids.

a fun time was had by all

I'm holding at 182....I like that number
hadn't seen it for awhile.
Can't wait to see it go down further
Even if I feel really crappy I'm
going to the gym today.
How's that for determination?

Love, Soozie

katrinabgood
11-01-2002, 10:27 AM
Oh, Squeak! You two are adorable! Thanks for pointing the way for me. I'm glad you had a good time...it shows!

Did everyone survive Halloween? I made my confession over at Pigs Anonymous. Back to good eating today.

Lots to do today...I SWEAR I will not waste away the morning, sitting at the computer...

soozie
11-01-2002, 10:30 AM
Hey Kat...while I was here you were in pigs anon and
when you were here I was in pigs anon.....
but, now I'm back here...where are you?
I'm going down stairs now to take advil and
eat a healthy breakfast.....
I'll be baaaaaack
Soozie

katrinabgood
11-01-2002, 10:52 AM
Hey, sooz! TAG, You're IT!!

soozie
11-01-2002, 02:24 PM
:wave:

OI812
11-01-2002, 03:37 PM
Good afternoon Ladies,

Soozie--I hope those shots don't make you feel to icky over the weekend.

Well, I got all my running around done today except for getting dd the hat/scarf/mitten ensemble. I'll look in Wal-Mart tomorrow.

Oh, it's snowing here! Of course it's not staying on the ground, but it's still snowing!

Picked up my car today. I took about $700 in cash because I didn't know how much it was going to cost. And since they have had it there since tuesday I thought it was going to pretty pricey. Turns out it only cost me $253! Boy was I ever relieved when I seen the bill. Tomorrow dh is going to see how much 2 new used tires are going to cost. I need to get the rear tires replaced before we get a really good snowfall.

Today is my first night back at work after my suspension. I wonder looks I'm going to get from the other employees when I walk into work tonight. I'm going to pretend like nothing happened and say what a wonderful holiday I had off!( which is true, wish I didn't have to go back to work tonight) If anyone gives me any trouble, I'll gladly put them in their place!

Well, I'm off. I have to jump in the shower and get ready for work and have to pick up dd at school and taker her to my mom's. She's watching her while dh and I are at work.

Talk to you ladies later.
And everyone have a great weekend!

Oh...and only 53 shopping days left till xmas!
Incase anybody wanted to know! LOL

Kelly

dentrassi
11-05-2002, 12:04 AM
HEY!!! SQUEAK!!! CUTE PIC!!!!!

OI812-LOVE news like that from the shop.....usually it is MORE than you expect!!!

Hey!!! All you time warping women.....just recently showed it to my 15 year old son for the first time........WHAT FUN!!!!

Soozie-I'd love a reduction if I didn't lose sensitivity, but i heard the nipplea are dead after they are relocated, and I WON'T GO THERE!!!!!

soozie
11-05-2002, 01:05 AM
Den Dear, I did some research on that very sensitive subject...with the newer techniques most women do not lose sensitivity...I have two good friends who had the surgery...neither is numb in critical areas. In the past most women did lose feeling because the nerve endings were actually cut...now they try to relocate without severing completely...don't want to be too gross or graphic but you get the picture, right?

I have been going to the gym regularly....I'm feeling better but anxious to see results...like I want to lose 20 pounds per week...it is hard to be patient and to keep plugging along...working out and waiting for my beautiful body to emerge....don't let me stop going to the gym girls...

Love, Soozie

dentrassi
11-05-2002, 02:09 AM
WOW Soozie! I had no idea. That is wonderful. Now if I can only convince my HMO that it is necessary surgery!!! I don't mind being large or saggy, but I now have "neighbors" when I lie down on the bed!!! Or else it all moves towards my neck and I can't breath. I'm sure losing weight would help, but it has gotten pretty bad. Of course my stomach is pretty bad too....... You know, I don't mind aging, but I'd LIKE to look like a 44 year old babe!!!!!

dentrassi
11-05-2002, 02:12 AM
OOPS!!!

P.S. You have been doing REALLY well with getting to the gym and exercising Soozie!! Keep up the good work!! I'm like you, I want to see the results NOW, but you are getting healthier every time you go. You are also tightening up as well as losing weight, and the success shows in small AND large increments!!!

squeaker
11-05-2002, 07:59 AM
Welcome back Den!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I think my sister was 10 the first time we took her to the theatre to see Rocky. Most of the jokes went over her head. I am glad your son liked it. Shows he has a wonderful twisted sense of humor. :)

:cb: yea Soozie for going to the gym!!! Very cool.

soozie
11-05-2002, 10:12 AM
When I was in high school we used to go down to South Street in Philadelphia....you know the song..."where do all the hippies meet, South Street, South Street...." South Street was a very cool avant garde and happing place...there was an old theater that played Rocky Horror every Saturday night at midnight. Everyone would be lined up to go in...lots of freaky looking people in costume or in their regular Saturday night clothes ala early Madonna or Boy George or some punk look and those outfits looked like costumes too....we saw Rocky Horror over and over and over and thought that we were so cool going to the midnight show in the city.....

I'm getting ready to go to the gym......and yeah Den, I know exactly how you feel!

Bye Den, Bye Squeak....anybody else home today?
Love, Soozie

barefootgrrrl
11-05-2002, 10:52 AM
Soozie - thanks for the memories........or should I say mammaries?

:lol:

Terri

Rocky Horror and Boob News all in one thread - I love it

soozie
11-05-2002, 12:28 PM
:?: I'm PMS and my weight is up alittle today...that's what I get for
weighing myself daily instead of weekly and making myself crazy...
wasn't I the one who was giving the lectures a few months back
about not weighing obsessively.....oy vay!

anyway...I've been working out alot and I don't want to stop or
get discouraged so I'm venting to you guys and I'm determined to
keep eating well and exercising and I know the scale will show my
efforts eventually....

so glad you're out there to support me my friends. :grouphug:

...and you're welcome Terri....yeah, how much better
can it get than this :lol:

Love,
Soozie

MrsM95
11-07-2002, 09:24 AM
Good Morning everyone:wave:
I just wanted to drop in and say HI!!! this morning I have a busy day ahead of me so i came to see you all first:D .

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and is doing well. I have to go in for my annual check up this afternoon, YUCK!!

Everyone have an awsome day
MrsM95

soozie
11-08-2002, 04:28 PM
Hey girls...is this a "we have too many zillions of thread going on here" thing. I don't know where to go so I just keep posting here in Lesbi because I guess its my home base. I'll cruise around alittle bit and see where you all have been hiding.

I am doing really well with the gym and have gone about five days a week for the past two weeks. I've lost 7 pounds since September 20th when I started back at the gym.

I'm watching my food intake too.

bye girls,
Talk to you later Soozie

Wanttolosealot
11-08-2002, 04:53 PM
Wow Soozie,
Thats great, seven pounds! Don't you just love the feeling you get after a good workout! I started BODY FOR LIFE on Monday and go 6 days to the gym. Upper Body-Monday, Cardio-Tuesday, Lower Body- Wednesday, Cardio- Thrursday, Upper Body-Friday, Cardio-Saturday, and Sunday-Free. Than Monday will start with lower body and so on. Along with the gym, I eat six-equally protein/carb meals a day, with at least two of those meals with veggies. So far so good! It is a 12 week challenge! There have been some major changes in peoples bodies using this plan. I am very excited about it.
Aagin Soozie, good for you, keep it up girl!
Virginia

ellis
11-08-2002, 05:07 PM
Good for Soozie and good for YOU Virginia! Five and six days at the gym! wow!
Hey, I've given myself a minimum thingy (god, where's my vocabulary?) of 5 minutes running on the treadmill, and today I did 15 minutes without stopping! (goal? No.... deadline... no... geez...)

MrsM, how did your checkup go?

Got my period. Damn.
xoxo hugs girls

soozie
11-08-2002, 05:23 PM
GO Ellis...GO Virginia...Sounds great!!!!
you go you girlies!!!
Love, Sooz

dentrassi
11-08-2002, 06:19 PM
WOW!!!! You women are doing so well!!! I am just trying to reign in the overeating right now. I have been feeling REALLY out of control. HEY!! At least when the kids brought out the fritos I came up here and got on-line instead! For me (lately) that is a MAJOR victory.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

ellis
11-08-2002, 07:23 PM
Den, THAT'S GREAT!!! I know what a huge hurdle that is.
It's all the little things that add up. You go girl!!!
xo

dentrassi
11-08-2002, 07:53 PM
....well, later on I ate some pretzels, but at least they're lower in fat than Fritos!!!

Wanttolosealot
11-08-2002, 11:01 PM
Every little bit helps Dent.
Ellis I started mine too, Double Damn!
Virginia

katrinabgood
11-09-2002, 05:43 PM
I just got mine too! I KNEW we PMS'd together!
Is it just me, or does PMS get worse as you get older? Mine is down right scary anymore! I am evil personified! :devil: But as soon as I get my period, I'm cheerful and back to my usual :angel:ic self!
I'm probably just so glad I'm not pregnant with a change of life baby!!

ellis
11-10-2002, 08:33 AM
My sentiments EXACTLY, Kat!! I seem to have a nervous breakdown just before my period (thank you; Den, for recognizing the pattern ;) ), and then I'm fine. (well, as fine as can be expected when you're bleeding like a stuck pig)
But you're right... I can't think of anything worse than being pregnant at this time in my life! :rolleyes:

Ruthxxx
11-10-2002, 08:35 AM
Whaaaahhhhh! I feel so left out! I miss having my period and PMS as an excuse for *****iness.
JUST KIDDING!

ellis
11-10-2002, 08:37 AM
BTW, there's an article in the NY Times on menopause if anyone is interested...
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/10/health/10HORM.html?todaysheadlines

ellis
11-10-2002, 08:38 AM
Oh, Ruth... you poor thing you. I can't wait to be in YOUR shoes!

Wanttolosealot
11-10-2002, 10:13 AM
Well, today is my free day with BODY FOR LIFE! I had bacon and pancakes for breakfast and I am going to have something really good for lunch, not sure yet. No gym today! Unless Pam wants to start back tonight and I will go just so she does not overdo it. She tends to push herself too hard and she does not need to have another gall bladder/kidney attack. They are not sure! DIfeerent symptons, she had an ultra sound done last week and is waiting for the results to come back.
Chat later!
Virginia

dentrassi
11-10-2002, 12:10 PM
YEAH RUTH!!!!!

I'd rather join YOUR club!!!!!

Didn't really mind my period until it went whacko a year ago. Somehow when it is a 3 week long, gushing blood event the fun just isn't there any more!!!!
(It has now been medicated into submission.)

squeaker
11-10-2002, 11:56 PM
All this talk about Menopause. :p I won't have that pleasure for quite sometime. But I think I am looking forward to it. I hate my period. And Ruthxxx - PMS my be a good excuse but I don't think we need an excuse to be *****y. I think we should just be if we feel like it. :lol:

Virginia - Good luck on the Body For Life thing!

Congrats on the loss Dr. Soozie! (any more wonderful poem posts hiding in you??) Have fun on vacation!!!

OI812
11-11-2002, 08:56 AM
Sorry I haven't been here for a week. The computer was down. We ended up having to buy a new monitor. And as I'm typing, the space bar doesn't want to work. You really have to hit it a few times to get it to work.
I see that you all are doing very well with your eating and exercising. Wish that I could say the same. And not being able to to follow the things that I know I can and should be doing is making me depressed. Christmas and New Years is fast approaching and I want to be able to wear a slinky, sexy dress. But I won't be able to if I keep this up.
So today I've marked the day as my turning point. Today is the day were I start over again. And I'll need all the support I can get.

Oh, and Friday is when I go for my operation to get my wisdom teeth removed. Getting a bit scared as the date gets closer.

It's been very mild here the past few days. Yesterday we actually got a thunderstorm! I'll take the rain over snow anyday!

Well, I guess I'd better get going and my laundry ready and get some breakfast.
Today is cleaning day at my f/t job! From 1-4. Then I have to work at 5:30.

If I don't get a chance to talk to you later today, I'll talk to you all in the morning.

Take care

Kelly

ellis
11-11-2002, 10:02 AM
Hey Kelly. :wave: Sorry to hear about your computer. Good luck with the teeth... you'll feel much better once they're out.

Okay, I think that three days is plenty long enough to have your period. Plenty. Den, three weeks would be enough to send me right over the edge.

Speaking of being medicated, I ran out of meds last week... maybe that's why I'm so *****y lately... Must get them today before I kill someone.

We had this incredible thunder storm last night... it was BEAUTIFUL!! And now it's 16 degrees out. Balmy. :D

Oh, and it's Remembrance Day.
Hugs to all...
xoxo ellis

MrsM95
11-11-2002, 03:14 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:
Hope all are having a good Monday. It's kind of dreary out here but atleast it has finally stopped those nasty storms that started Saterday night.

Appointment for my annual check up had to be rescheduled after i sat in the Dr. office half naked for an hour and a half :o :mad: The Dr. started running behind and i had to go pick up DD from daycare and couldn't wait any longer.

Ellis - get back on that medication :nono: The Dr. put you on it for a reason young lady

Ruth - i thought being female gave us the right to *****, atleast that's the excuse i use.

Well i better get something done today.
MrsM95

ellis
11-11-2002, 06:11 PM
Oh, MrsM, you must have been so angry about your appointment. That's ridiculous! They seem to always overbook at Dr's offices. I feel like sueing them for my time.
Those storms WERE bad down there. :( I do love thunderstorms, but I draw the line at Tornadoes.
BTW, I picked up my medication. :D Thank you...

squeaker
11-14-2002, 10:01 PM
Hey there chickies! :wave:

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I have been going bonkers with work. I hate the no overtime policy right now. I have gotten almost a whole days worth. And today they came out with no raises next year. :p But at least today was a productive day. I got a lot of what I wanted done done. Now if I could just get other people to do their jobs, things would be so much easier.

Not too much else going on besides work & sleep. Though tomorrow night I am going to check out The Watchmen - a very cool band from Winnipeg. Sunday is the movies with a few people from work. And in 2 weeks from tomorrow I will be in Ohio. :D I can't wait. *sigh*

ellis
11-14-2002, 10:24 PM
:wave: Gee squeak, you're always off galavanting. Lucky girl.
Do you not have a union? No overtime? No raises?

squeaker
11-14-2002, 10:31 PM
Nope no union. No overtime for the rest of the year to stay within budget. They dont have the money for a bigger budget next year so no raises. :p The economy just currently sucks big time.

Oh and I know I seem busy, but in all honesty I am not. I spend much more time home & asleep. I probably won't leave the house between when I get home Friday night & when I have to go to work Sunday morning. And if I can help it, I will be in my PJs the whole time. I would got to work in my Pjs but I have to go through the lobby and talk to the security guard so that's not an option :lol: But I do go in stretch pants & a sweatshirt.

ellis
11-14-2002, 10:39 PM
Oh yeah... it's the economy. Well, money isn't everything, right? Right? :(
I'm going to start my Christmas shopping this weekend. If I get done by the end of November I'll be free as a something.

Ruth, are we going to be bombed? I didn't hear anything about Ottawa. I know we're not very important. I mean, there's nothing in the department of defense.

squeaker
11-14-2002, 10:52 PM
Now who is bombing who and why??? Stupid people in charge. :p

dentrassi
11-15-2002, 12:50 AM
HI!!

I'm EXHAUSTED!! Been working a lot lately, and fighting with 12 year old son a lot lately. Had 2 good food days, then one adequate one, and today I ate away my anger and frustration. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.....

OI812
11-15-2002, 09:02 AM
Sorry I can't post long.
Just in and out getting ready for today. My operation is at 1:00 today for my widom teeth. Please pray that there won't be much pain involved.

If I'm up to it, I'll post tomorrow and let you all know how I'm doing.

To everyone, take care and have a great op weekend!

Kelly

ellis
11-15-2002, 09:18 AM
prayers and hugs, Kelly
:grouphug:

Ruthxxx
11-15-2002, 09:46 AM
Hope all goes well, Kelly. Remember, make them give you pain killers and TAKE them. My doctor pal says that pain inhibits healing!

Ellis, I am trying not to worry about terrorist bombing. I think they would tackle Pickering and the Hershey plant. There goes the frigging Hydro bill again! I won't miss the Hershey plant as much as the electricity. I'm sure Foth and the ROC would rejoice if Tranna was taken out.

Darling Hershey goes off to the kennel to await her pups today. I am going to really miss her. She won't be back until January when the pups are weaned. I do have visiting rights, of course.

Tomorrow I am off to Vancouver and Nanaimo - back next Wednesday night - late! If it's crappy weather, I'll stay in Ottawa - just leave the front door unlocked, OK, Ellis? :lol: With the 3 hour time difference, it will be 7 PM to my body so I will probably drive home. I love wakening up in my own bed.

Have a good TGIF, chicklettes.

squeaker
11-15-2002, 10:00 AM
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Ruthxxx
11-15-2002, 10:31 AM
Thanks, Squeak. I am very good at having fun. DH claims I even have fun at funerals!

squeaker
11-15-2002, 03:12 PM
Well then I am sure you will have fun. :)

Ok how come if I don't eat much the weight doesnt come off? I haven't had much in the last 3 days. I just havn't been hungry. I eat 2 scrambled eggs & a sausage patty for breakfast - normally around 8:00, and then I eat dinner around 6, and that's it. And dinner was a PB&J sandwhich, and some stuffing. I know that dosn't go together, just what I felt like eating. (The joys of living alone and only making dinner for yourself). I do have tea & diet coke during the day. Oh and a baby tootsie roll pop - a whole 20 calories. And those weren't as much because I was hungry I just needed to crunch something. I bring lunch with me to work, and just never feel like eating it. :p

ellis
11-15-2002, 04:25 PM
Ruth, have a marvelous time out West. Yeah, just give me a buzz and you can sleep with DH and I. :lol: Seriously, I can give the guest room the once over. Don't travel if it's bad.
Geepers, you must cry when Hershey goes. Please take pictures of the puppies. We love puppies. :D

Squeak, I hear ya. I've been working out for two months and haven't lost a gol-darned pound. I'm disgusted. And I'm sure I'm eating better, too. But I think we need to track our food. We're probably eating more than we think.
Also, maybe you're doing something weird to your metabolism. You're going into "starvation mode" I think. You need to eat 5 or 6 small meals a day.

Pickering, Ruth? I thought it would be Deep River. In any case, is there any point in going on? Where do we get those little pills? And what about the pills from "On the Beach", by Nevil Shute? You know, the Final pills. Shouldn't we have those available to us? Because when I run out of water or heat or something and I'm cold and miserable, life cannot go on.
Have fun, hon! xoxo

mauvaisroux
11-15-2002, 04:46 PM
Have a great trip Ruthxxx! :)

dentrassi
11-15-2002, 05:59 PM
Ruth-Hope you have fun!!!

Ellis-Why are you worrying about bombs? The next big threat is SMALLPOX!!!
(I wish they would stop trying to panic all of us!)

Squeak-Are you okay? You seem kinda down.

Kelly-Hope everything goes well with the oral surgery!!!

ellis
11-15-2002, 09:48 PM
Smallpox!? Huh, that's nothin', hon. They're gonna knock down our parliament buildings. Listen, I don't live that far from them... there may be fall-out. Not to mention our nuclear stations. Geez.

Okay, there was something funny... I must find it... an article...
back later...

ellis
11-15-2002, 10:06 PM
okay, check this out. It's funny. It's re: Y2K, but it's funny...

http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/vol18/issue28/xtra.y2k.html

squeaker
11-16-2002, 02:58 PM
That was cute Ellis :lol:

Let's just go with I have been better. But it is about that time of year when I am normally down. And with a few other things going on, it just hasn't helped.

ellis
11-16-2002, 03:12 PM
But you're going to see your boy soon, right? Hang in there, Squeak. :grouphug:

squeaker
11-16-2002, 04:15 PM
Yeah I am still going, partially because he keeps talking about what we can do while I am there and he sounds excited.

dentrassi
11-16-2002, 09:49 PM
FUNNY ELLIS!!!!

Alternative #2: If you have a well stocked enough wine cellar NOTHING will bother you!!!

ellis
11-17-2002, 04:37 AM
:lol: Good grief! What an oversight, Den! Quick... let's start stocking up on cheap bottles of booze. We'll drink ourselves to death! Hmmm... what about the kids? Candy? And black pop.

squeaker
11-17-2002, 08:11 AM
Ellis what in the world were you doing up at 3:30 AM?????

ellis
11-17-2002, 11:10 AM
Squeak, I fell asleep cuddled up with my kids. :D My DH decided not to wake us, and went to sleep in my DS's bed. I had a TERRIBLE sleep! One pushing me off the bed, the other pulling the blankets off me, one with his elbow up my nose, the other with her hair in my mouth...
So I got up and couldn't get back to sleep. Made coffee, stayed up until 6, and then fell asleep on the couch in the TV room and FROZE to death! :lol:

squeaker
11-17-2002, 11:15 AM
:lol: Silly chickie :)

katrinabgood
11-17-2002, 08:09 PM
Don't you LOVE falling asleep with your kids? I always fell asleep reading to mine, (before they did!) but not before I started to garble the words... (which they loved!)

ellis
11-17-2002, 08:46 PM
Yes, I love it, Kat. :) They smell and look so sweet when they're sleeping. This probably sounds weird, but I like the idea of some cultures of having the entire family sleeping together. I'd have a big room with a huge mattress on the floor and everyone cuddled up together. Of course, I'd also have my own bedroom for when I needed to be ALONE!! :lol:

Wanttolosealot
11-18-2002, 07:53 AM
Hey chickies!
Did you all get the storm we did here yesterday. Man we got snow, sleet, freezing rain and now we are getting rain and lots of it. What a mess! But it can't dampen my spirits! I just wanted to check in with all you non-smokers and say move on over I have joined you. I have two full clean, healthy lungs of smoke free living in and I like it. It feels so good to be able to run longer and harder on that old treadmill. Nothing like Speedy Ellis there, but I can run 2.5 minutes at a time and I do that ever 2 minutes. I feel good, na, na, na,na, na, na, na, and I knew that I would!
Big squishy hugs to everyone!
Virginia

dentrassi
11-18-2002, 08:27 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!VIRGINIA!!!!!

Great job quitting smoking! (And getting the tattoo too!!!)

HI!! To all the rest of you!!

dentrassi
11-18-2002, 08:30 AM
Well!! Try something fancy and I have no control over it!!!

OI812
11-18-2002, 09:08 AM
Good morning ladies,

Letting you all know that my widsom teeth experience went well!
There were no complications when they pulled the teeth(which they had antisipated on). So that meant that I had no stitches!
I woke up with gauze in my mouth. Which was making my mouth so dry and difficult for me to talk. By early evening the gauze was making me gag, which I hated so I ended up taking them out. My mouth was still bleeding a bit and really didn't stop until Saturday morning. By about 7 p.m. Friday evening I had some chicken noodle soup, pudding and oatmeal. I have some mild swelling and some discomfort but nothing like I thought I was going to have. I've only taken 3 or 4 tylenol 3's for pain. Didn't even need the demerol! I have to go back on Thursday for a "check-up" to see how things are healing.
Oh and because it was an uncomplicated pull.....the total bill was $330 cheaper than the estimate he gave me!

Needless to say, my diet was out the window this weekend! So I'm starting fresh today! I want to be able to wear a slinky dress for xmas and New Year's Parties!

I'm glad to hear that you all are doing fine and are well. I wanted to post to you ladies earlier but have been busy this weekend.
The kids and I put up the xmas tree and all the decorations yesterday. We made gingerbread cookies and did a xmas craft too.

Saturday afternoon we started to get some snow. They were calling for a winter storm watch for all of south-western Ontario. It never really amounted to much. We were still getting some snow yesterday, very tiny flakes that weren't staying on the round. So we've only a dusting of snow on the ground, but it is freezing out this morning.

Well, I've babbled long enough. Time to get my breakfast in me. I'll pop back in here later and see what you ladies are up to.

Take care.
Kelly

ellis
11-18-2002, 09:12 AM
You're in a mess, Virginia! We just got snow. Which I would like to complain bitterly about, but I won't. :D

I'm so happy for you that you're a non-smoker! (no offense to the smokers) You must feel great. And I bet you smell better, too. :lol: And you're doing GREAT with the running! I know what an accomplishment that is! Congratulations!

:wave: Hi Den. Nice HTML. :lol:

ellis
11-18-2002, 09:25 AM
Hi Kelly! Glad to hear that your tooth experience wasn't as bad as you expected!

Wanttolosealot
11-19-2002, 02:18 PM
Soozie,
Where are you? Have not heard from you in a few days! Everything alright chick?
Drop in a say hello
Virginia

Wanttolosealot
11-19-2002, 02:20 PM
Oh geez I am not too bright! You are in Disneyland! Hope you are all having a wonderful time.
Virginia

ellis
11-19-2002, 03:33 PM
Gee, Den. I wish she's miss US as much when we step out for a few minutes. :lol:

Wanttolosealot
11-19-2002, 03:34 PM
I miss and love you all Ellis! ~SMOOCH~
You are too funny!
Virginia

ellis
11-19-2002, 03:47 PM
How sweet. She loves us too, Den. :love:

barefootgrrrl
11-19-2002, 05:49 PM
Virginia...... congrats on the smoking. I've never smoked, but I've heard that is hard to break from - so you have my admiration...

Kelly - glad to hear you made it through the tooth thingie :)

2003 will be the year of fixing teeth for me I think.

:eek:

Anyway, just me here doing a drive by,

Terri

dentrassi
11-19-2002, 09:14 PM
GEEZ!!! I hear "drive by" and I think of something entirely different!!!

DUCK!!!!!!!!

Anyway...Soozie, I hope you and family are having a wonderful time!!!!!

Everyone else...HOPE YOU ARE TOO!!!! Even though we weren't lucky enough to go on vacation!!!

I had the coolest order over the weekend. I sold a necklace with a personalized insert....."MARRY ME" Sure hope it works!!!

soozie
11-19-2002, 11:58 PM
NO WAY...I just lost a huge message with personal notes to all of you!!!!!!
Aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh!
Well, I'm back and all is well...too late to rewrite the whole friggin thing...just use your beautiful imaginations and I'll write more tomorrow...
Missed you alot...doing well with weight....kid is great...
had a wonderful vacation.
Love, Soozie :grouphug:

mauvaisroux
11-20-2002, 12:13 AM
Hey! There's our Soozie! Welcome back! Hope you had a great trip and will tell us all about it when it is not so late.

Wanttolosealot
11-20-2002, 07:35 AM
Hey Soozie,
Welcome back ! We missed you. So glad you had a good time. I bet it was nice and warm and so much fun. Did you take lots of pics? If you can you will have to post one so we can be envious!
Glad your back,
Hugs
Virginia

ellis
11-20-2002, 08:49 AM
Soozie, welcome back... tell us all about your disney adventure.

Den, that necklace idea is so neat!

squeaker
11-20-2002, 10:27 AM
Welcome back Miss Soozie! :)

Den - that is a very sweet way to propose. It must be great to be a part of it.

:wave: Hello to all you girls! :)

dentrassi
11-21-2002, 12:55 AM
Just wish I could know the answer!!!!

ellis
11-21-2002, 06:28 AM
If the necklace is returned for a refund, you'll know the answer.

soozie
11-21-2002, 11:32 AM
Girls...we took lots of great pics with our new digital camera...how do I paste a picture into a message here?? Is there a way? If not I now know how to set up my own webpage through Apple and I can set up a webpage with the pictures and give you the address to check it out...it may take me awhile to do it but I'll work on it this weekend.
Gotta go to work or I'll be late as usual..
Love, Soozie who weighted 178.75 this morning...
how cool is that??????????????????????
I'm in the 170's .....yeah baybee!!!!!!!!!

Wanttolosealot
11-21-2002, 02:27 PM
Way to go Soozie
You are doing fantastic! Can't wait to see you pics!
Virginia

ellis
11-21-2002, 05:29 PM
Welcome back, Soozie! Yes, do a web page. Maybe you could also post the photos of your kitchen? Or do we have to wait until you redo it in 20 years time. :lol:

dentrassi
11-22-2002, 12:31 AM
OKAY SOOZIE!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!

soozie
11-22-2002, 05:34 PM
I'll get the web page up this weekend...promise! Have to figure out how to download the images from the camera smart chips to the computer...shouldn't be too difficult I hope...I can take digital pictures of the kitchen "after"...but the befores are already done with a regular camera so one of these days I'll have to mail them to my sister and have her scan them and email them back to me or I'll mail them to Ellis...Ellis I have them sitting in my "to do" pile...and we all know how that is..

remember those tables that I was refinishing...I haven't finished them yet!!!
I have been waiting for a nice day when I have time to work on them...hope its not next Spring...problem is I have sanding left to do on them and I can't sand in the house as we have no basement or workshop and I have no garage which leaves sanding on the deck out in the yard and so it can't be too dark or raining as I use an electric sander...ouch...that would hurt!

I think I already told you guys all of that but just don't want Ellis to think that I'm just slow about sending the pictures...I'm slow with everything. .. and forever trying to do too many things at once..

However, my weight continues to go down, I continue to eat lightly and healthfully...can't believe it myself....and I haven't been back to the gym since we returned from Florida on Monday but I hope that I will get a chance to go this weekend.
gotta go
love, Soozie

katrinabgood
11-22-2002, 07:19 PM
Hey, Soozie! Welcome home! I'm sure your trip was fantastic...how could DisneyWorld NOT be???!
Can't wait to see some pics...
Way to go...losing weight on vaca!!! You are awesome!

ellis
11-22-2002, 07:21 PM
We know you're slow, Soozie. No need to explain. ;) Ummmmm, listen hon. If you send me the photos, we may not see them up during this decade. I still haven't go my old computer back up (the only one that will admit I have a scanner), so I'm screwed as far as scanning is concerned right now.

Could we do some sort of "mental imaging thing"? We'll both get on-line at the same time, press our fingers against our temples, and breath deeply. Thought transferance.

Hey, you're doing great with your weight!! Congratulations!!

soozie
11-23-2002, 04:03 AM
Well, believe it or not I got my web page up with some of our photos from Disney World...yeah, Kat, it was really fun....I expected to be bored or annoyed but I really enjoyed myself...I was pleasantly surprised... we all had so much fun!
So...click on the link and go see my web page...I'll add more pictures tomorrow after I get some sleep...it took me awhile to do this and it is now 3:00am...what am I doing awake at this hour???? Love, Soozie
sorry screwed up but you can at least see my face in the picture thread!

katrinabgood
11-24-2002, 01:02 PM
Sorry, sooz...your home page wouldn't connect...back to the drawing board! I can' wait to see 'em!

I thought I would be bored too, plus my kids are older (15 & 10 when we went last Nov) SO not true! There is absolutely something for everyone there! Down to the tiniest detail, they give a whole new meaning to "Be Our Guest!" Gee, could I be a Disney public relations spokeswoman?
I WANT TO GO BACK!!!

I'm going to finish my sensible breakfast...ok, brunch...of oatmeal and an orange and get back to Christmas planning. I SWORE that this year I would not be racing around like an idiot, mid December, racking my brain, spending beaucoup bucks, just to get something/anything for everyone. I am doing it at a leisurely pace, and will spend that normally crazy time doing fun, Christmas-y things like baking cookies, decorating, watching Rudolph and Charlie Brown and It's a Wonderful Life for the zillionth time.

Well...I'm gonna TRY, anyway!

One thing I WILL NOT DO this year, is gain weight over the holiday! I REFUSE!!

Wanttolosealot
11-24-2002, 01:20 PM
Soozie,
That is very strange! I got into your web page just fine yesterday, seen you beautiful family, and your great shots of Disneyland. However, today after reading Katrinabgood's message I thought well I will try it again, and she is right. I can not get into it either. I wonder if somehow during the chage over of survers it got screwed up .
ANyway, I did see them yesterday and they were lovely!
Virginia:)

soozie
11-26-2002, 09:31 AM
I'm going to ask Mauvais to close this and save it since it is sooooo big now.
and I'll start a new lesbialternachickies thread....okay girlies...you can just respond in the new one...
Love, your Soozie
hey Mauvais...I'm sending this your way with a "report this post to moderator" message! oops...when I hit the button it said only use that
option to report spam or bad stuff so I won't do it that way...will reach you via another route Mauvais and actually...you are such an active moderator you'll probably read this before I even alert you!
Ahhhh....our noble moderator!
Thanks Mauvais!
Love, Soozie

Ruthxxx
11-26-2002, 09:44 AM
Hey Sooze - Report this post to Moderator means all us Mods get it! So give that a miss. I agree, the thread is pretty long but it sure is interesting.