Old 09-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #1  
Taking it day by day =))

Height: 5'6

Smile Question about how many IP packs a day.

Hi everyone;
I am currently on my 5th day of the program and am feeling great.. I am waiting for my 'crash' my coach said I will probably get but thankfully nothing yet!
However, I am wondering how many packs a day are being reccommended to someone 300+ lbs?
This would be a great help & thank you in advance!

"I CAN DO THIS!"
AvaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:50 PM   #2  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Ava

For the first week, my coach includes 5 boxes of IP products in each person's welcome pack. My mom and sister are not as heavy as I am, and they found that 3 IP packets per day was enough for them. Because I am heavier, and pre-diabetic, my coach told me to use 5 packets per day for the first 3 days, and then to try and reduce to 3 per day after that. I was unsure how that first day with only 3 packets would go, but to tell you the honest truth I was completely fine.

As you can see by my ticker, I'm over 300 (not for long though, thanks to IP ). I started IP on August 29th and so far have lost 14 lbs. Couldn't be happier with the program and hope you are too!!

Everyone here is so helpful and knowledgeable, you are going to love the support from this on-line community.
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:02 PM   #3  
Taking it day by day =))

Thank you for the response!

I started off at 360 but am now down 10lbs =)

However, the reason I am asking is because 3 packs are more than enough for me but my coach wants me to have 4 of 5 so I am forcing down 4.

My problem before IP was not that I ate the wrong foods well I did when I was younger as to why I got so big (and it runs in the family) but I was only having one meal a day and my coach believes I don't have much muscle because I had test done by my doctor (ph levels, ecg, blood pressure, cholesterol, sugars everything) and they all came back normal for someone my age and height.

I am afraid if I don't eat 4 to 5 packs a day I will lose muscle mass and I do believe that is the main component in this program. So my question is should I stick to 4 or up it to 5, also should I be so worried?
Old 09-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #4  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Avalynn, I wish I could offer some pearls of wisdom to you, but I'm still very new to IP myself. Perhaps someone else will chime in??

For now, I suggest that you follow the program your coach has laid out for you.

Good luck with IP
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:12 PM   #5  
Taking it day by day =))

Thanks hun & good luck on your journey I am always here if you need a kind word
Old 09-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #6  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post

However, the reason I am asking is because 3 packs are more than enough for me but my coach wants me to have 4 of 5 so I am forcing down 4.

My problem before IP was not that I ate the wrong foods well I did when I was younger as to why I got so big (and it runs in the family) but I was only having one meal a day and my coach believes I don't have much muscle because I had test done by my doctor (ph levels, ecg, blood pressure, cholesterol, sugars everything) and they all came back normal for someone my age and height.

I am afraid if I don't eat 4 to 5 packs a day I will lose muscle mass and I do believe that is the main component in this program. So my question is should I stick to 4 or up it to 5, also should I be so worried?
I have no pearls of wisdom, but there are several on here who can explain the medical reasons behind it all. I started at 355 and mostly do 3 packs a day. I've done 4 only if super hungry. I have lost 40 lbs in 9 weeks, but everyone differs. I have only lost a total of 5 or 6 lbs of muscle (started with 149 lbs of muscle), so I'm not having a problem.

To save money, I suggest looking at products that are great alternatives and very spot on nutritionally with IP: I use EAS Carb AdvantEdge premade shakes from Walmart (4 for $4 or $5), and my husband and I both use the different kinds of bars from Pure Protein, again at Walmart. I think it's 6 bars for $6 or $7. Those are cheaper alternatives to get more protein packets in without the expense. The bars are restricted, remember. I was never told to wait like some people are, and I have a restricted every day.

Good luck to you!
OnMyWayForGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #7  
JKF
Beach Ready by February!

S/C/G: 101/189/140

Height: 5'4

Coach tells me 3pkts per day is the 'ideal' but I really need extra - for example, my morning coffee and evening decaf w/creamer are life long rituals that give me comfort. I use the EAS carb advantage vanilla shakes for creamer, so with that, I'm really having 4-5 protein packets per day. I admire those of you sticking to 3 packets a day.
JKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

I started out at 3 packs a day but had to go up to 4-5 due to a constant decline in muscle mass. It's all dependent on if you can handle 3 packs a day or if you require more. I found that the 3 were fine for me but my coach suggested adding more to help in not losing muscle. I was told initially that if you ever feel nauseous to add an additional pack. That happened to me during my first week and it worked like a charm. I also have added my additional pack as a snack between lunch and dinner. It makes that stretch of time more bearable.

Hope this helps!
Soon 2 B MrsT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #9  
Taking it day by day =))

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
I have no pearls of wisdom, but there are several on here who can explain the medical reasons behind it all. I started at 355 and mostly do 3 packs a day. I've done 4 only if super hungry. I have lost 40 lbs in 9 weeks, but everyone differs. I have only lost a total of 5 or 6 lbs of muscle (started with 149 lbs of muscle), so I'm not having a problem.

To save money, I suggest looking at products that are great alternatives and very spot on nutritionally with IP: I use EAS Carb AdvantEdge premade shakes from Walmart (4 for $4 or $5), and my husband and I both use the different kinds of bars from Pure Protein, again at Walmart. I think it's 6 bars for $6 or $7. Those are cheaper alternatives to get more protein packets in without the expense. The bars are restricted, remember. I was never told to wait like some people are, and I have a restricted every day.

Good luck to you!
Thank you so much on the advice.

I don't find the product in my city expensive I am seeing a lot of people talk about the pricing tho. I am wondering does the expense differ in other areas? I pay $75 a week for all my packs.

Best the luck to all of you and thank you for the great advice. I will definitely be sticking around for the long haul.

"HELLO NEW ME!"
Old 09-13-2010, 10:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Hi Avalyn and Welcome to IP!!

I started out at 241 and my coach recommends 4 to 5 packs/ day until I reach 175 pounds, then go down to 3... It is hard sometimes to get down that 4th pack, but I force it! I think you lose weight faster, by avoiding going into starvation mode...

Hope that helps and good luck on your journey
candace5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:31 PM   #11  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post

Not an official response here but perhaps your coach is trying to help you develop some better habits in terms of eating regularly. Many studies are showing that 3-5 smaller meals are better for you because they help keep blood sugar levels and bodies don't go into starvation mode. I would ask your coach to help you understand their reasoning though. 5 does seem like a lot though.
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #12  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

$75 a week for 35 packets?

I pay $81 a week for 21.
amylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

I also pay $81.00 for 21 packets.
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

I pay $90 for 21 packets. Sounds like you guys are getting a deal! Then they add $4 for each additional that I want to purchase. I think the $90 a week may be to include some fee for the coaching, I'm not sure. I think I'll ask tom.
MotherDuckMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Oh, and Ideal Protein, how 'bout some consistency in packet pricing with the different coaches? Just sayin' -- mine are $30 a box, $90 a week, same as MotherDuck. Argh. Just in case anyone has caught it from my coach rant, inconsistencies like this REALLY irrtate me.
JessicaCourez is offline   Reply With Quote