Old 09-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #1  
focused and aiming

Default Weekly Thread September 13-19

New pages.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #2  
focused and aiming

Good morning, Chickies. I had a rough last night because of eating a heavy meal for dinner. I know better.

Vickie and JoJo have posts on the old thread. Go check take a peek.

Rhonda, I hope you're all right this morning. I missed your "new pages." We appreciate your making the for us.

Vickie, let us know how JC goes. I have OA this evening. We don't wi at meetings. We just work on the "head game." I am receiving an award tonight for 90 days abstinance from sugar. Life is good.

JoJo, you're so cute. I am loving getting to know you. You have a wonderful personality.

Ya'll check out all the hits we receive on our weekly threads. I wish those reading would stop in to say, "Hi," every now and then.

We're watching "The Doctors." Good topic on junk food.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Can you believe I forgot it was Monday!

Thanks for starting us up, Sandra. Yes, I have certainly noticed how many hits we get. Amazing that it's just a small group of us with so many "groupies"!

I've been to "latin heat" and did some weight lifting since Todd won't be available for our Monday afternoon session today.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:02 PM   #4  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a busy day,and being that's its another cloudy day,going to use my bike for exercising today after I go to the Senior Center and watch a movie from on of the seniors going on a safari trip.Love to see animals running on the wild than caged up in a zoo.Tomorrow I'm going to make a batch of Rev Rolls now that I got my new [muffin top] trays to bake in.

SANDRA-Thanks for starting us up.Sorry for your rough night,I'm getting that right now,it wasn't anything I ate but eating to fast makes me get acid reflex also.

RHONDA-You're amazing with all that exercising your doing,I'm I tumble over lifting all those weights.But I guess having a trainer does help telling & showing you how to left them correctly.

Quote:
We have memorial services over here too Beachbum, over 60 Brits were killed on that horrible day and many of us have also lost loved ones and close friends in the IRA bombings, which lasted for many years. So our thoughts are with you

Send me some tomatoes via cyberspace would you I lost all mine this year, the dog ate them before they developed from the flower stage!
JOJO-Its that awful the way people from different and don't understand our culture and what to hurt in in such a horrible way. If there was a way to send my tomatoes to you cyberspace I would do so, I have so many that I had to get an idea of what to do with the, I found a way to freeze than after taking out the water & seeds from the tomato and than freeze them to make some kind of homemade tomato sauce in the winter time.

Quote:
I'm alive Chicks! Just stopped by to tell you I'm ok. I fell down a couple of steps the other day and it hurts to sit at the computer. That and I went to sit with my Sister who has sciatica again while her husband is at the hospital with his 92 year old mother. Lordy.
VICKIE-Oh No!!! I'm sorry that your fell down a couple of steps.You must have hurt your tailbone. One of my friends friend did that just by stead down hard on a park beach, she's now in a Rehabilitation Center as she hurt her bad knee. Does the Golden years ever end be so rusty.

Have a great day, see you guys tomorrow

Last edited by beach bum; 09-13-2010 at 04:18 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

This is a great time of year. We have at least 5 hummingbirds. Just read about them. Says these are young ones that are just now coming to the feeders as the older males have left heading south. I didn't know that till today. Last year we noticed a short "disappearance" then more than normal at our feeders. The cycle continues.

I'm OP.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #6  

I went to aquafit tonight and that felt really good; I haven't been since last week. My eating has been rather chaotic but I did have a good lunch out: grilled tilapia, broccoli and a bit of wild rice.

That's great about the hummingbirds Sandra. I think it's going to be next year for us.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey y'all, just got home from Bible study. I've read the posts but am too sleepy to stick around. Have a good night!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:37 AM   #8  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Morning all.

Get the whining over first! I have made an apt to see the dietician who is working with me. My 2lb a week loss seems to have dried up. I get the feeling she will up my exercises. I'm not giving up on this week, and certainly not on the life style change but I think that as my body is getting used to being looked after, it needs the regime regulating. I have to be careful because 35 years ago I didn't walk for several months. A patient landed on my back (I hadn't upset him honest) and is one of the reasons I really, really, need to drop the weight, but not super quick. Anyway, I'm sure I'll kick start it again. I've also joined an aqua exercise class, off my own bat, because it is such a great way to exercise and so kind on the joints. I'll let you know what everyone says.

I am taking one of neighbours, 92 and almost blind, to see her sister and only remaining relative, a mere 86; who is deaf. I'll be away until teatime. I don't know if you have ever heard of Hinge and Brackett? A drag act? but these two are their double in their ways! It is an education. My neighbour lives alone with just a little help with the cleaning and has a very full life.

A grim grey day here. That rain which gets in every nook and cranny and very windy. Send some sun will ya?
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #9  

Good morning:

Believe me, Jojo, I know where you are. My weight will NOT go down and has even gone up, and up and down, by 5-6 pounds all summer. I've thought about seeing a nutritionist myself.

Sandra, you said that were cutting out sugar, but you also said you were using Slimfast which I understand has a lot of sugar in it. Am I wrong about that? Just confused here, and trying to figure out what to do myself.

I asked one of the trainers about what would be the minimum carbs that I should eat. He said 'there is no average, it is all totally individual.' Great. Oh well, back to simply eating good food and exercising.

I start a new stained glass class, and a drawing classs this week and am looking forward to it. I can't remember if I told you that I got my tap shoes yesterday.

Rhonda
Old 09-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Had a busy morning,voting in a primary, walking along the beach for 30m,going to the bank and now I'm cooking my dinner. Going to bake my rolls this afternoon,and ride my bike for 30. I watched Dr Oz show and he has a thing for everyone who watches him should lose just 10 lb. for a healthy body and stop aging like we in the work are going. I signed up and will receive my 10 lb loss bracelet,to remind me that I have to lose my first 10 % by these 5 rules 1)no sugary sodas 2)don't eat after 8 PM 3)move[exercise]-10mins 4)no snacks bigger than your fist 5)track what you eat and track every day your weight. on this diet you can eat anything,but it MUST be in portion sizes.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/5-com...lose-10-pounds

Listen to what he says.

SANDRA-I love this part of the year also,as we really don't have a spring up here it goes from winter into summer. The beach's are quite and all you see is some seagulls flying here & there,and the oceans waves crashing along the shore.Haven't seen any humming birds in my area,but that doesn't mean we don' have any.

RHONDA- I love tilapia fillets I thought the were to little to put on the grill.Guess I give it a try.

SLOAN-Hi see later, I have bible study on Thursday mornings between 10-12.

JOJO-Some how I think when we reach a certain age our body's don't respond to diets like they did when we were young. I have been stuck on the 168-171 mark for a long time. It will be a miracle if Dr Oz's diet and commandments work,but I'm going to give it a try.

My dinner is done so I'll see you guys laer
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I have used our remaining SlimFast and didn't pay attention to the suga in it. I also have ketchup, bread, and other goodies that have sugar. I'm not having any sugar desserts. Before this I was having candy, etc.......... I haven't had any now in 98 days.

I've lost well doing this but had a tough day yesterday with other foods. I did wayyyyy too much snacking. I think my problem was that I didn't enjoy any of my meals. Meals need to be appealing and filling. That way I do a better job limiting my snacks. Mostly I try to snack on fruit with some cheese and nuts. Yesterday? Old habits bit me in the butt. (but still no "sugar" [desserts]). As a result of yesterday's eating, I feel heavy today and am not happy about it. Probably a good thing I'm not weighing.

I'm weighing every 30 days. Sometimes it's hard to not step onto the scales in between, but so far I've been strong and kept to my schedule. Curtis weighs every day. He's dropped about 20 pounds since his surgery. He lost his appetite for awhile and now he's trying to watch his portion sizes.

And like you an JoJo, I'm wanting something to give me more of a lift now. OA doesn't promote any weightloss program. I'll keep on being abstinant from sugar (desserts) but I need to add something else to the mix. Some at the meeting have also given up the white stuff. I honestly don't think I'm strong enough to do that. I did it for 10 days and was not comfortable. I'm thinking of counting calories or points or working CORE.

I am feeling better in my clothes and want to move on down to another size. I have gone from 16W pants to straight 16. I also know I need to add exercise. I haven't even been shooting much since my last injection. I'm going to get back into training by this weekend. Our next tournament is end of October so it's time to get with it again.

Maryann, thank you for posting the Dr. Oz tips. I will do all but the daily weighing. I'll head over to sign up (if they'll allow me not to do the daily wi's.) in a few minutes.

JoJo, the ladies sound like characters. You're a sweet friend to help them get together.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:28 PM   #12  

Hi All:

I've had a busy day and am tired but have to go out to a meeting. I'm helping organize a public panel on the environment and energy. Fracking, a process of getting natural gas out of shale, is big here, and it's a problem. (You might have seen the hoopla in NY about it going on there.) I do hope we get this all figured out someday: how to have energy and not hurt the environment and people and animals.

My eating was a bit carb heavy in the AM but I got some control later in the day. I've had too much fat (from PB and from almonds, so at least it was "good fat") and not enough protein. I'll try to fix that.

I didn't exercise but I did a lot yesterday: latin heat class, weights and aquafit. And, I'll do more tomorrow.

I'll listen to Dr. Oz now.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

I listened to Dr. Oz and signed up for the 10 pound loss bracelet. Thank you again, Maryann, for the tip.

Rhonda, your snacking sounds healthy. And your exercise? Amazing! I'm going to do a few minutes on the That's not much but it's more than I've been doing.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey chickies! I've been counting calories and have been successful, so far. My weight is at 135, so that's down a little. I hope to keep that trend going.

Jojo, your lady friends sound like a "hoot". I hope you had good time with them. When my grandmother and her sister were still living, they kept us laughing. Whenever one would leave the room, the other one would talk about how pitiful she was. We really do miss them!

Rhonda, it's hard to imagine that you are not losing weight like crazy! Maybe a nutritionist would help.

Sandra, I'm so proud of your giving up sweets! You are waaaay stronger than I am.

Maryann, thanks for the info about Dr. Oz. I like him.

Hey to the rest of you chickies! TTFN
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:21 AM   #15  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

I went to the surgery last evening and they seem to think that I am a bit anaemic. This is a regular occurrence for me because I am a natural red head and always look pale, while in reality, I am as hearty as a bull.
Red heads fall into 2 categories: The flame-red hair with freckles, and those of us with light golden hair and pale skin who look like we’ve been dug up and hit with the spade.
What ever it is, and even if I mark time for a few weeks or months I am not getting disheartened and not giving up. I shall go away on this visit at the weekend, have a lovely week. Won’t overdo the eating all the wrong stuff routine but certainly won’t sit there like the spectre at the feast refusing all but Spartan fare and by gum I’m going to have the odd snort of falling down water when it comes my way.
Much nicer day here today, the sun has bothered to get out of bed and show her face.
Thanks everyone for the support. How could I fail with you lovely folk watching my back?
Spot on Sloanie, the two old ladies were a hoot and a half.
Ps. Who the heck's Doctor Oz? I've heard of Dr Phil but not this one.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote