Old 09-13-2010, 12:29 AM   #1  

Question Weigh-In Question

So, I'm a compulsive weigher and recently I've been trying to stay away from the scale until my official weigh-in day. I started 30DS and C25K training and have been working out everyday. I noticed after my 2nd or 3rd day of this exercise plan, my weight started going up. So that freaked me out and I decided to stay off the scale. Now my fear is that I will weigh-in on Wed. (It's Mon. afternoon here in Japan) and I will be sooo disappointed with the number. I guess my question is should I just stick it out for the few days and possibly be pleasantly surprised or should I just hop on the scale now so I know what's coming? I hope this makes sense

PS: I did take my measurements pre-shred so I'll have something to compare at the end, but I really want that darn scale to move!
Meeky2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:46 AM   #2  

So I just went ahead and did it, and I'm disappointed. But that's life
Old 09-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Its possible that you're not drinking enough water. Whenever I run (and when I was doing 30DS) I have to drastically up my water consumption to prevent water retention. Also, because they're both pretty intense work outs, you're probably tearing your muscles more than usual (perfectly okay, its what you're going for) so your body is retaining extra water.

Just keep on going and up your water and see what happens
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #4  

Thanks stella. I'm a logical person and a logical explanation really helps me to not become so discouraged. I went ahead with my normal workout trying not to let it get to me. I know I feel healthier than I've ever been in my life so the illogical thing to do is to quit and sabotage myself. Thanks again and I will definitely up the ante with my water intake
Old 09-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #5  
Motivated Chick!

S/C/G: 224/224/200

Height: 5'2"

Hi Meeky! I was also in Japan until not too long ago! I always felt so observed there, because everyone is so tiny... When I start working out, especially when I begin a little weight training, I always have a point where I gain a bit of weight. I think its because I am gaining muscle. Once I pass over that period, I start loosing weight faster. I wouldnt worry too much about what the scale says at the beginning
miriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #6  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

No problem. I stopped doing 30DS every day because it just hurt my body SO much, and that added to the water weight.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote