100 lb. Club - Am I more jiggly now?

View Full Version : Am I more jiggly now?

SunshineTater
09-12-2010, 10:45 PM
I've been fat all my life. So, I know I'll have loose skin. It doesn't bother me. I figure it beats being fat. However, I was looking at the lower part of my arm today and it appears more jiggly. My wrists looks smaller. So, then I got to looking at my legs and they're jiggly too. Have I always been this jiggly? Did I just not pay attention to my jiggliness before?

Anyone else notice more jiggle?

beaka
09-12-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm noticing the jiggle. A lot. It's under my arm. Randomly though I have definition on my outer arm. Same thing with my legs. I run so I have definition in my outer thigh, but my inner thigh is way jigglier. My stomach is definitely looser. I'm hoping as I lose more weight and do more strength training it will all come together. I sometimes feel like weight loss has made me look better with my clothes on and worse with them off.

toobig
09-13-2010, 07:41 AM
I have way more jiggle.
I figure what the heck, at least I am healthier and I have way more energy.

KatMarie
09-13-2010, 08:51 AM
I jiggle like runny jello and I'm sure it'll get worse as a lose more. Stuff is starting to hang and jiggle...before it was bloated and more or less solid. I'll learn to live with the jiggly parts. :-)

caryesings
09-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Yep, jiggly is a good word for it. The fat kept everything nice and tight, but glad to make the trade off.

saram
09-13-2010, 09:29 AM
I sometimes feel like weight loss has made me look better with my clothes on and worse with them off.

I hear you!! My Goal Reward was to get lasik but I may have to rethink that and get a tummy tuck! LOL

GonnaTurnHeads
09-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Yup, def. more jiggly!! I think it is the fat becoming less dense...

ORSewmama
09-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Yep, as those fat cells have shrunk, I am so much more jiggly. I was waving goodbye to someone the other day, and then became fascinated with my upper arm LOL. They used to jiggle a little when I waved, but truth be told - they were so packed with fat they were pretty firm. It's very jiggly now :) I'm just adding more pushups and strength, and hoping the muscle will start to fill out and take over instead ;)

starfishkitty
09-13-2010, 01:56 PM
I sometimes feel like weight loss has made me look better with my clothes on and worse with them off.

:lol:

I totally feel that!!!

But, at the same time, now that the weight is coming off a lot slower, and my body is catching up... some of the jiggle seems to be getting firmer again. :) Yay. :) (and no, I'm not a crazy work out type person... don't have the time! I do, however, exercise when I can) :)

LiliK
09-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Oh, I hear you! Me, too! But I'm trusting that will eventually even out--my sister lost a good deal of weight with weight-loss surgery, and it took a couple of years, but her skin and excess jiggly stuff did eventually firm up.

...but yes, and I hate that I can poke my belly and see nasty ripples!!!! I agree with the poster who said looking better with clothes on and worse without them, at least temporarily--but we're healthier and getting better every day, right?? :)

RobinD
09-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Oh, boy, I'm not that far into my loss and I can already see the jigglies. I find myself (when I am all alone) feeling, sqishing, poking, prodding my squishy bits. Last night I was laying in bed (DH snoring away beside me) and I kept running my hand over my butt, feeling how, although it doesn't really look smaller to me, it feels noticeably smaller and squishy. Kind of hypnotic... and as I lay there groping my own butt, I couldn't help but wonder just how jiggly and squishy I will be after another 100 pounds lost?

Oh well, jiggle is the price of admission and I am glad to pay it!

I am sooo glad I have Zumba tonight though...

Pacifica Bee
09-13-2010, 11:44 PM
OMG I am soooo jiggly now, it's comical. I can twist my thigh so that the "inside" thigh is practically facing upwards. Gah and don't get me started on the butt ... I actually have some sort of sick fun taking handfuls and seeing what new and interesting ways I can make my skin move. And it is only going to get more interesting from here.

You are so not alone on this.

Scilla
09-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Yes and i feel soooo freakin gross, lol. notto mention the total difference in size is something all in its own to get use to.

kbj0123
09-14-2010, 05:27 PM
It took me a year to lose 30 lbs, and I guess slow is better, because I am not that jiggly. In fact I was surprised that the skin on my post-preggie tummy is shrinking along with my weight loss!!!!!!!!!!! I try to strength train at least 3 days per week.

Coondocks
09-14-2010, 05:37 PM
I"ve noticed that too, i'm more jiggly now . . . but I think that's to my advantage in some ways - Im more determined to keep to weight training 3x a week . . . . and rather enjoying the muscles im seeing because of it :)