100 lb. Club - #172 Starting Over

View Full Version : #172 Starting Over

bella23
10-21-2002, 12:53 AM
Well I know I haven't been on in a long time, but I'm back and starting again. Since my husband has been home, my eating has not been good. It hasn't been horrible, and I have stayed at my current weight, but as of this morning I set my mind that I am going to start busting my but again.

Tuesday I start at the gym again (this one is at the college I am attending) and as of this morning my eating has been about 80% better. I have set a goal to loose at least 15lbs by the new year. I have also been doing more around the house (cleaning, lawn work, walking) so with all the above I hope this works.

I have also been sent to a group of doctors that deal with PCOS. Hopefully that will help. I see them in early December.

Things have been looking up for me and I am going to MAKE it continue that way.

Well I have been rambling enough and will make every effort to continue to post on a regular basis!!

Untill later,
Bella23

lorelei1
10-21-2002, 10:27 AM
hey Bella,
Glad to see you are back. I am glad you didnt gain while away from us. It is so hard to say that youve been away and gained a lot too. Maintaining is good! Now its time to get it in gear, right??
I am in the same boat. I keep staying the same weight. Even though I want to lose, I keep staying in the same few pound range. Gaining and losing the same few pounds. I know I wont make my Halloween goal which was to be 243 (70 pounds) this morning I was 249! How can I lose 6 pounds in ten days unless I fast or something?? :dizzy:
I have a goal of getting my picture taken with my son this holiday season no matter what I weigh. Maybe I will remember this and help get me back on track too!

Well, keep in touch with us!
laura
313/249/243/160
start/current/halloween/final

irishwings
10-21-2002, 11:17 AM
Hi Bella!

I too have just returned to the board after a long time away! So glad to see ya!!! Unfortunately I have gained weight since I've been away, and I've had to start all of this with baby steps, like not ordering fast food everyday, then trying to add a glass of water, then trying to walk 5 minutes.

We're all in this together. . .bravo for you!

:bravo:

love, irishwings :lucky:

bella23
10-21-2002, 11:54 AM
I know what you mean. I honestly don't know how I stayed at the same weight. I just feel truly lucky. My husband said I haven't eaten bad since he has been home. He noticed that I don't eat nearly as much as I used to. I think that is why I maintained.

I got a house full of good for me food and am going to start drinking my water again. Hopefully since I have maintained, this will start getting some more weight off.

Good luck girls and Irishwings, your right we are all in this together.

Bella23

sparrow
10-22-2002, 12:03 AM
I too am starting over.I gained 20 lbs in 3 weeks!
335/160/180

Jenniffer
10-22-2002, 09:52 AM
Tired of saying this...but I too am starting over. I feel disgusting and my clothes are not fitting. I wish when I was stressed I wouldn't eat.

I skipped lunch yesterday only to end up giving into 2 candy bars. What a dummy I am!

Jennelle
10-22-2002, 10:40 AM
Jenniffer....the Candy Bar Monster is alive and well over here, too! Daughter is selling them for her bowling team and having them so near during stressful times has wreacked havoc on my willpower. Thank God they're almost gone! (Mostly thanks to me... :o )

Dyanm1
10-22-2002, 11:01 AM
Oh Sssaaannnnddddiiii.....

I've been looking for your pppooosssttt......Are ya still doing your early morning exercise?

I'm still getting up at 4:30 am to workout. This is week 3. I understand it take 3 weeks to creat a habit! Got in my exercise and water for the day by 7am!! I have 3 more pounds to hit my Halloween mini goal. Making it a total of 16 pounds lost since Labor day, and a total of 51 pounds gone forever! I can do this! I KNOW I can, I KNOW I can!!! :jig: :drill:

bonnieangel
10-22-2002, 01:07 PM
Starting over...well, that about says it all. I'm starting over yet again. I guess it doesn't matter if you quit 7 times as long as you get up 8, as they say.

I promise I will try to start responding to everyone on these threads. Still trying to get back into the swing of things, so please bear with me.

A couple of the guys here at work are having birthdays today and tomorrow, so guess where we are going to lunch. HOOTERS! Woo Hoo (not!)! Nothing like a restaraunt full of half naked women and oogle eyed men to make your self esteem just SOAR baby! Good grief! I know, I know...why are you going exactly, you stupid girl? Well...I'm not exactly sure. Maybe it will give me motivation to eat a salad or something, I dunno.

Well, I've got to run for the moment. I will try to come back in here and post some individuals a little later.

HUGS!!

M'Chelle :angel:

P.S. Do you think it would be considered rude if I sort of tripped one of the Hooter girls as they walked by? I could really make it look like an accident, honest! I could say that they couldn't see over their chest or something.:o

lorelei1
10-22-2002, 02:51 PM
Bonnieangel (M'chelle) I have to tell you your post made my day girl!! Hey our team at work is going to Hooters next month! How weird! I think you are right though. I will probably feel like a big ol cow compared to these chicks. I know someone who let their daughter get implants and now guess where she works?? Hooters!! :dizzy: I think it's ok to trip them! Maybe the implants will break the fall!:lol:

Jenniffer-me too! I am sick of starting over for the millionth time. I would be at goal if I didnt keep de-railing myself!!\

Sparrow-20 pounds? really? I bet most of it is water retention. If you stick to eating right a few days, I bet a lot of it will come off as H2O. I hope so!! Anyway, good luck!!

I have a sick 7 year old with "swimmers ear" and strep throat. It was a fun weekend (sarcasm) of fever, sleeping, and whining for him. He was out of school Mon and today, but tommorow hopefully he will go back to school!!

laura

bonnieangel
10-22-2002, 04:19 PM
Well ladies and gents, I am back from the Hooters experience. And I can honestly tell you...I think I could have gone another 29 years of my life WITHOUT the Hooters experience! Good grief! I think we must have used two rolls of paper towels to wipe the druel (sp?) off of our male coworkers faces. I don't begrudge any of those girls for trying to make a living. Our waitress was a real nice kid (probably not a day over 18). But I there were some girls in there who had their shorts crammed so far up their rear ends I swear I saw string dangling out one girls nose! I wasn't too bad though. I had a roasted turkey sandwich and few fries. It was still more than I wanted to have for lunch, so I will have to be good for supper. Maybe the dh and I can go to Souper Salad tonight...any place but Hooters!

Bella - I know what you mean about starting over. It is a lot harder to eat right when the dh is around. I need to start working on mine as well. I worry about him carrying all that weight around his middle. Did you start the new gym today? How did you like it? I know that you can lose those 15 lbs by the new year.

Lorelei - It looks like you are doing awesome! It is hard to keep up the good work when there is candy everywhere for Halloween. You have done so well already, I know you will be able to make your goals. I hope the little one is feeling better. Our waitress at Hooters was too nice to trip, but I bet if I had tripped some of the others their implants would have made them bounce right back up. Boing! :devil:

Irishwings - I'm with ya on the baby steps. That's all any of us can do. But with enough baby steps you can get to where you are going. I'll start taking some of those steps with ya.

Sparrow - It is so easy to put that weight back on. But you and I both can get it back off too. I know we can. We are all right there with ya.

Jennifer & Jennelle - If candybars were illegal, I'd be in jail right now. Just went thru that with some chocolate I bought for Halloween. Needless to say, it never made it to Halloween.

Dyanm1 - 4:30 as in the morning?! You mean, there's a 4:30 in the morning too?! YOU ROCK!! You are doing awesome!

Well, I'm off to do some work, and then get massive amounts of therapy because of my wonderful lunch today.:dizzy: All of ya'll have a great day!

HUGS!

M'Chelle

AngiKL
10-22-2002, 08:26 PM
If there's a weekly weigh-in for this week, I don't see it. Probably I'm supposed to start one if I need one, but I'll just post here.

Kind of screwed my week up at the end. We went out of town and didn't do THAT badly, but didn't do that great either.

I'm disappointed with the result - weighed the same this week. I was totally bummed this morning.

Interesting note - had to go to the Doc this a.m. and our bathroom scales were EXACTLY the same (to the .5) as the Doc's fancy scales. That was a nice surprise.

Angi

KittyMilk
10-22-2002, 08:37 PM
Been hopeless at exersizing again this week. I really need to work on motivating myself to walk. Just waiting for some nicer weather. Food wize Im doing well, getting so it's just habbit now. Went shopping yesterday and in the food court orded a salad roll no cheese butter or mayo, with a diet coke of course :) I used to be hopeless in food courts the chips would get me everytime now I know there's no other way if I want to keep losing.

Jennelle
10-22-2002, 11:47 PM
Wow, M'Chelle, I'm surprised that your office would choose Hooters as a place for an office get-together. They're not worried about sexual harrassment issues? I guess you could opt out if you didn't want to go, but then that makes you look like a prude....I have never been to Hooters, and I don't ever intend to go. I feel bad about myself enough as it is without 18-year old boobies jiggling in my face...

Jen
10-23-2002, 09:09 AM
My baby did some fundraising recently, and yes it was chocolate bars. I don't know how many I ate. We finished off the last one last night, I had about half and dh had the other half. Thank goodness I practically don't eat at work so that I can still get my points.

Jenniffer
10-23-2002, 10:03 AM
Goodmorning everyone. It's Happy Hump Day. Please..everyone..take a look at Jen's challenge. Let's prove her right...we can do it!

Hooters. Hmmm. I have been there in the past. But right now how I am feeling, I would probably refuse. 18 yr old boobies...hahahahaha

I've been screwin around again with all the added stress and emotions in my life. I wish I was the type that couldn't eat when stressed. But if you saw my hips you'd know...all I wantis food when am stressed out.

But this is one thing that I CAN control. Thanks to my skirt being tight this morning and battling the panty hose, and feeling quite ill about myself and Jens challenge post..I am starting my own challange to myself. 39 days. 39 days is nothing. 39 days till I turn 27 and I want to feel like am turning 27. I don't know how far I can get. But I am setting it at 15 lbs. A bit high, but if am just starting out, I should be able to obtain it.

Please, please, please....someone KICK ME really really hard if you don't see me here often. part of my motivation is to spend time in here, not just pop my head in when I want to say hi.

In the last year, I have been gaining and gaining. And it's all a re-gain. Which makes me sad. But NO MORE. NO MORE. I will NOT buy a bigger size. I WILL NOT. By Christmas, I want to be able to wear anything in my closet.

NO MORE GAMES.
NO MORE EXCUSES.
NO MORE EMOTIONAL EATING.
NO MORE BLAMING.
NO MORE LAZINESS.
NO MORE STRESS EATING.
NO MORE "Tomorrow's".
NONE.
ZILCH.
ZERO.

I have plans this year.
I want to be where I want to be.

Florida in February. Cruise in March.
And before you know it, it wl be summer again. I wanna go to the damn beach this year!!!

Thanks for listening...

anagram
10-23-2002, 10:40 AM
Marvelous motivations there, Jennifer. Keep at it - and I'll try to keep at it with you.

SuchAPrettyFace
10-23-2002, 11:42 AM
The one & only time I went to Hooters, the waitress was extremely nice. I didn't feel uncomfortable around her at all.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who is in need of some motivation. We can do this!!!!

bella23
10-23-2002, 12:47 PM
I have been to Hooters many times. I only minded it once. Our waitress had her hands all over my husband and I flipped out. But other then that all our other waitresses have been very nice. And I love the food.

Things have been realy stressfull for me. I didn't go to the gym yesterday. I had a doc appointment that I forgot about and then only got to see my husband for a couple hours before he had to leave for an over night run(he is a truck driver). The doc was bad news. On top of a bladder infection, they found a lump in my left breast. I am SO very scared. My mother died of Breast canser at age 38. I go in tomorrow for an ultra sound to see what kind of lump it is. I have my fingers crossed that it is only a cyst. But tomorrow after my classes at school, I am going to hit the gym then probably go from there to the ultra sound. Hopefully it will relieve some of the stress. It's better then comming home and eating anything that I can find in my house!!

Well that is all for now. I'll talk to you all later,
Bella23

velvet
10-23-2002, 08:15 PM
"Starting . . . AGAIN" I think that will be the title of my book!!!

Hi, my old friends. I'm starting...again! I still have a net loss for the year, so I shouldn't complain, BUT I shall!! I stopped losing in July, and gained 20 lbs by 10/8. I lost 5 lbs the 1st week back 'on', but then last week, I gained 1/2 lb. Soooooo, I'm refocusing! (and just plain 'cusing' sometimes)

Mom and I went to Maine in Sept. We were gone for 17 days, and I had fried seafood almost everyday...except for the days that I had lobster...drowned in butter! I actually wasn't all that disappointed in seeing the 20 lb gain...I thought I gained that much just on vacation. The beach was totally EXCELLENT! Jeniffer, I don't let 150 extra keep me from going to the beach! Don't let a few extra keep you off next year...hear??

Bella, I'm praying that your tests turn out to be something easy to take care of. I'm glad your dh is home now, too. Congrats on going back to school...best of luck there.

Sandi, are your flowers still holding up, or has the frost got them? And how is that little sweetie of yours?

Laura, I was glad to see that you are still posting and doing well. Hope your little one is feeling better.

M'chelle, your Hooters story is a hoot(er)! *groan* Never been there...never wanted to go...BUT...GOOD FOOD??? Well, then, I'm THERE!! :ink:

Well, I must go and get my 5 min walk in, Jen, so I'll sign off for now.

Welcome to all the new faces. This is a great place. Good luck to all.

I'll not be gone as long this time!

Love, Gayle

anagram
10-23-2002, 08:29 PM
Prayers for you, Bella. I know that is a scary thing; have had about seven cysts removed but have been very fortunate nothing was serious.

Good for you on handling the stress at the gym. That and hugging those princesses of yours will be good medicine too.

KittyMilk
10-23-2002, 09:37 PM
Bella I hope everything is o.k , lumps are sooo scary. Good luck with your tests.
Jennifer it's great to see how motivated you are, you should copy your entry and put in your journal if it's not there already. Everytime you feel like giving in make sure you read your words slowly before you do anything rash. Willpower is so important to losing weight.
Im going to try alot harder to get out and about and be active, when I think of how much I used to do and now I get puffed so easily..... Well it's either move it or lose it! And I intend to move mine!

Kitty

Jennelle
10-23-2002, 09:43 PM
Bella - I had to go to the doctor about eight years ago for a lump in my breast. It turned out that I just have "fibrocystic" breasts, which is a harmless condition. I am sure that your lump will turn out to be nothing, but I know how terrified you are! I will be thinking of you often. Please keep up posted!

Jen
10-23-2002, 09:48 PM
Bella, we are all thinking positive thoughts that things work out okay. Worrying about it will only make things worse so try to relax, exercising will definately help to take your mind off it.

Jenniffer, great post. It is so easy to get wrapped up in all the little stuff that we lose sight of the big picture. Anytime you need a kick just let me know!! I'll probably need one too! :)

Gayle, don't be so hard on yourself. Even a small loss can be a great thing. Small losses will add up to big losses.

Take care all, see you tomorrow.

bella23
10-24-2002, 08:31 PM
Well the ultra sound went good today. They didn't find anything. Now I have to wait till Nov. 5 and then teh doctor will decide what she wants to do.

So a big stress off my shoulders right now. Thank all of you for your great support!!!

Bella23

lorelei1
10-24-2002, 09:34 PM
Bella-I am glad it went well. How scary that must have been. I am so so sorry about your mom. How terrible for her to only live to be 38!! And for you and your family to lose her. My mom had breast cancer too, but she was getting yearly mammograms so it was caught in the early stages, thank God! She is now 5 years cancer free.

Jenniffer-I can almost hear the pleads in your posts. I dont know what words of advice I can offer, but I will try to remember to see if you are posting and be on the look out for you!! This may sound terrible but sometimes when I see someone much larger than myself I ask myself "do you really want to look like that?" it kind of kicks me in gear. Right now I have stayed at 60 pounds gone for two months. I wish I could get on down to 70! Heck even get to 65 and stay there would be good!!:lol: Oh--think about all those cruise pictures that will be taken-you have enough time to look great in them!! good luck chickie! we are pulling for you!!

Gayle-thanks for asking about my son. He is great now! Back to his usual hyperactive self which is a good thing I guess!! I am still hanging in there. I have been complaining about staying at 60 pounds lost for two months (when of course it is MY fault I havent lost any more!!) and you are dealing with a gain. I know its hard to admit, but once you do usually you just get over it and get on with the weight loss, cause we all know you dont dare want to say you gained it all back!! I have done this several times and dont intend to do it again!!

This will be my first Hooters experience in November! I have been told its a family type place but the guys love it though due to the tight tshirts and shorts!

laura

Jennelle
10-24-2002, 11:11 PM
Okay, you guys...I've been wanting to do it for YEARS and I finally did it! I bought a Bowflex! My sweet son just spent three hours putting it together.

It came with a REALLY regimented diet program - optional, of course! It gives you a specific list of foods, brand names and all, that you can eat. The first two weeks, you eat 1200 calories based on choices from the list. The second two weeks, you eat 1100 calories, and the third two weeks you eat only 1000 calories. You can either stop at the end of six weeks, or you can cycle back to the beginning of the plan again and do it for another six weeks.

The water requirement is going to be REALLY tough! You start out drinking 4 - 32 oz. bottles of water per day, and by the end of the six weeks, you are drinking 6 - 32 oz. bottles of water per day. That's something like a gallon and a half! I'm going to try it anyway...I will have to really space out the water so that I don't have to leave my room every ten seconds to tee-tee!

Dyanm1
10-25-2002, 10:12 AM
READ THIS VERY SLOWLY...... IT'S PRETTY PROFOUND.

Too many people put off something that brings them joy just because
they haven't thought about it, don't have it on their schedule, didn't know
it was coming or are too rigid to depart from their routine.

I got to thinking one day about all those women on the Titanic who
passed up dessert at dinner that fateful night in an effort to cut back.
From then on, I've tried to be a little more flexible.

How many women out there will eat at home because their husband
didn't suggest going out to dinner until after something had been thawed?
Does the word refrigeration" mean nothing to you? How often have your kids
dropped in to talk and sat in silence
while you watched 'Jeopardy' on television?

I cannot count the times I called my sister and said, "How about
going to lunch in a half hour?" She would gasp and stammer, "I can't. I have
clothes on the line. My hair is dirty. I wish I had known yesterday, I had a
late breakfast, It looks like rain." And my
personal favorite: "It's Monday." ....She died a few years ago. We
never did have lunch together.

Because Americans cram so much into their lives, we tend to schedule
our headaches. We live on a sparse diet of promises we make to ourselves
when all the conditions are perfect!

We'll go back and visit the grandparents when we get Stevie
toilet-trained.

We'll entertain when we replace the living-room carpet.
We'll go on a second honeymoon when we get two more kids out of
college.

Life has a way of accelerating as we get older. The days get
shorter, and the list of promises to ourselves gets longer. One morning, we
awaken, and all we have to show for our lives is a litany of "I'm going to",
"I plan on", and "Someday, when things are settled down a bit."

When anyone calls my 'seize the moment' friend, she is open to
adventure and available for trips. She keeps an open mind on new ideas. Her
enthusiasm for life is contagious. You talk with her for five minutes, and
you're ready to trade your bad feet for a pair of Rollerblades and skip an
elevator for a bungee cord.

My lips have not touched ice cream in 10 years. I love ice cream.
It's just that I might as well apply it directly to my stomach with a
spatula and eliminate the digestive process. The other day, I stopped the
car and bought a triple-decker. If my car had hit an iceberg on the way
home, I would have died happy.

Now...go on and have a nice day. Do something you WANT to......not
something on your SHOULD DO list.

If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could
make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?

Make sure you read this to the end; you will understand why I sent
this to you.

Have you ever watched kids playing on a merry go round or listened
to the rain lapping on the ground? Ever followed a butterfly's erratic
flight or gazed at the sun into the fading night? Do you run through each
day on the fly? When you ask "How are you?" Do you hear the reply?

When the day is done, do you lie in your bed with the next hundred
chores running through your head?

Ever told your child, "We'll do it tomorrow." And in your haste, not
see his sorrow?

Ever lost touch? Let a good friendship die? Just call to say "Hi"?

When you worry and hurry through your day, it is like an unopened
gift....Thrown away... Life is not a race. Take it slower. Hear the music
before the song is over.

SuchAPrettyFace
10-25-2002, 12:05 PM
Bella: :crossed:

Velvet & Lorelei: Hooters has great clams!

Jennelle: I keep reading that we should take our weight, divide in half, and that is the amount of water we should be drinking every day, in ounces. I must say though I've only had 1 or 2 days where I've accomplished 150oz of water. (Lots of time in the john that day, lol) Good luck & way to go on the Bowflex!!! :D

Dyan: That was beautiful, thanks for sharing it!!!

Jenniffer
10-25-2002, 12:05 PM
WOW Dyan..thank you. You gave me goose bumps...so so true.

VELVET..*HUGS* I am SO happy you found you're way back! We've missed you!!

Short post today...TGIF..but work is crazy.

Hi everyone..have a great weekend!!

icewoman
10-25-2002, 06:29 PM
Hello all,

I thought I would check in. I am having a fairly good day right now. Yesterday I was home after 4 hours of work. I could not function at all. I don't know if and when he is returning to talk to me. I am contacting a lawyer on Monday to see what my options are in finding him and getting a divorce. I don't know what to do with the in-laws though. They are really putting me down to the kids and making it look like I had something to do with this. I don't know if I had anything to do with it and neither do they. I wish he would come home so I could get things finalized in my mind and have some closure to this part of my life. Right now the kids are so confused I know they are feeling abandond and left behind. I have sent him emails hoping he will check it and see that we all miss him and hope he comes home to his kids. I don't want him to come home to me but I want them to come home to them. At least giving me a number they can call him and let them know he is there for them. I don't know what to think. I have been really able to keep the emotional eating down right now and hope once my life gets back to normal I don't gain it all back. Well I am going to leave now and see if I can get out of work. Take care all of you and I hope that you all are better than me.

Sandi
10-27-2002, 11:23 PM
Hi all! I have been kinda MIA last week. Things were just sooo crazy at work and at home. I am hoping next week will be a little more calm.

Jacob had his 2nd birthday. The party was so nice. It was a Barney Theme, and he was just learning to say Happy Birthday, so instead he was saying Happy Barney. So cute! I also finally got his hair cut. I'll get pictures scanned so you can see, He had this big curly hair, but it looks so cute cut short.

As far as the whole weight loss/exercise thing, well, I am not in a good place right now. I have promised to weigh in tomorrow and post where I am at. I doubt it will be good news.

Dyyyyaaaannnn. I only managed to get up once last week @ 4:30 and walk. So that was twice the 1st week and once last week. I am hoping to go for 3 days this week...AT LEAST. Thanks for checking in on me, your post made me laugh out loud.

Tamara - :grouphug: You just hang in there sweetie!! We'll help you through this!!

Bella - I'm glad the test went well, let us know what the doc says

Gail!!! There's my friend. Flowers...hmmm... you mean the weeds. Hee Hee, I am not a very good gardener. I am gung ho in the beginning and then I just kind of let it go. I do the same thing every year. I always swear this year will be different. (Anybody else but me see a HUGE Correlation here)

Please read my poll and respond regarding the next challnge, I am not sure what to do.

Jenniffer
10-28-2002, 10:16 AM
BELLA...Honestly, I did not see you're post! I am so sorry and have no idea why I skipped over it! It's a hazard of working while am on the internet. I am so happy to hear the ulta-sound came back well. You are in my thoughts..

ICEWOMAN...Please, please, please contact a lawyer today. Do not wait another moment. If the in-laws are not being supportive and warmping you'r childrens minds...do NOT let them see their grandkids. This is a very precious time for them and they are confused enough because Daddy just decided to vanish. They do not need the added confusion and neither do you. As far as he goes, you can get him for abandonment. Doesn't matter if he shows up today or tomorrow. He abandoned his family with no contact information. I know you have love for this man, and I know you're trying to understand and you're waiting for an explanation so you can understand it. But there is nothing he can say to excuse this behavior and there is NOTHING you could have done. You are one thing sweetie, but you're children....? He is selfish. He'll be sorry. Please, please..do not wait to contact the lawyer. Has he contacted his parents?

muelledk
10-28-2002, 05:44 PM
Hello all.
I just returned from my mom's this morning and have just had the most stressful couple of weeks that I have had in a long time. I got my dress fitted for my friends wedding in November and it was twice as big as it needed to be. I know that I have lost a lot of weight since I had been measured, but I knew that they should not have bought me a size 42. They are going to have a lot of work to do!
The shower that I threw went well and the bachelorette party on Saturday was fun, but boy I am no longer cut out for the bar seen. I am still just exhausted!

I am glad to see that everyone is doing well.

Bella, I'm glad to hear that everything has turned out ok for you.

Sandi, I think that Dyan is going to have to kick you back into gear about this exercise.

velvet
10-28-2002, 07:11 PM
Hi, all! I'm back to the (dare I say it?)...diet!! Things went well last week. I lost 4.5 lbs. That's 9.5 off of the 20 I gained since July. I'm well on my way! :yes: :dancer:

Jeniffer, let's get back on the wagon and do as well as we were doing early this year! My exercise routines have gone down the toilet! I am working on my apartment with flylady.com though, so I'm getting some movement other than my fingers on the keyboard! We've done this before and we CAN...and WILL do it again! I know you are still loving your cottage! I know how much I'm still loving my own apartment after 2.5 years!

Dyan, that was a real thought provoker! Thanks. Now...would you send me some of your exercise motivation???

Tamara, I've had you on my prayer list. I agree with everything Jeniffer said. You have a rough road ahead of you, but, in my experience, I've, regrettably, not seen too many people change their lifestyle habits. I'd be hesitant to believe him if he came home now saying he's going to change. Good luck to you and the kids. They deserve better than he is giving them...and you do too!

Bella, I'm thrilled that your tests came back ok. Now, just keep getting the preventative tests.

Sandi, *tsk, tsk, tsk*...why, NOOOOOO I can't relate to starting something and then not following through....... ;)

Jennelle, have fun on the Bowflex! :strong: My girlfriend will be jealous of you...she'd love to have one. I'd do really well for maybe 5 minutes, then it would be just another dust collector!

muelledk,...boy!! you did have a busy time there, didn't you?!! I'm glad things went well, though. I'm not used to doing the nightlife thing anymore either! I went to see my bass player friend's band Sat night, and I'm STILL trying to recover!

PrettyFace, mmmmmmmm clams!! :T Love 'em! I went past where Hooter's used to be today...don't know where one is now! Oh well, guess I don't need them anyway, huh?

M'chelle...what's up? Have you put you application in for the Hooter's waitress yet? :p

Hi to everyone else. Going to go clean something...there are hundreds of places I can start!

Love, Gayle

Dyanm1
10-29-2002, 10:51 AM
Good Moooorrrnnning......

Walked my 2 miles AND drank ALL my water BEFORE 6 am! :yikes: Have I turned into some crazy mutant thing? Either way, I'm feeling good about it.

Okay Sandi,

:drill: , This here is your drill sargent, you need to get that body in motion! With the time change (If you ya'll do it there), it should be easier to get up in the morning. Just set your alarm back an hour and you'll be getting up like ya normally would. I have found it be alot easier. I'm starting week 4 of this crazy routine, and it seems to work for ME. Of course I'd love to kick ya in the tushy and make ya do it w/ me, but that's not possible :mad: DRATS! So how's everything else? Are ya still sticking to eating when your hungry? I wish I could do that, but unfortunately I have NO will power.

I got good news and bad news on the job front. Good news: I still have a job. Bad news: I have to take a pay cut! Anywhere from $8 an hour to $3 an hour. I've opted for the $3 cut, which means no bene's, PTO, holidays, or vacations. Which is fine, since DH cover us all on his insurance. This becomes effective, Nov 14th, the day before I the ole' GB removed! Had a few more GB attacks and am so looking forward to geting that frik'n, frak'n thing out!

Just dropping real quick and don't have time reight now to post to everyone, but I promise to try to get on in a bit and do so. Hope evreyone is having an awesome day!

muelledk
10-29-2002, 03:13 PM
Good afternoon everyone

I recieved one of the best compliments I've had in a long time. I have this really good friend, whom I've know for only a year. She told me last night that she found some pictures of me from April and said that I was almost unrecognizable (meaning that I had lost a LOT of weight). Wahoo!!

Gayle, 4.5 pounds is a great start. It sure sounds to me like you are getting your motivation back.

Dyan, I'm glad to hear that you are still kicking butt! Your morning regiment is great and I only wish I had your determination. 4:30 is just too darned early for me!

Sandi, glad to see that you are back! I bet Jacob's birthday was sure fun! The time does fly doesn't it?

Sandi
10-29-2002, 11:41 PM
Hee Hee - Dyan, I can't believe you found that drill sargent smiley. Did you request it??? Too funny.

I am having an ok week. Making Mostly good choices. Today is better than yesterday. It's Tuesday and I still haven't walked. OK, ok, I will set my alarm for 4:30 and walk tomorrow. Promise.

I am nervous for having signed up for the November challenge. Never do very good on those things.

Denise!! So glad your back!! Missed you! Sounds like you had some fun!!! Yes, the bar scene is a real treat when you have been away from it.

Gayle - 4.5 lbs, That's great!! You'll have that 20 off in no time.

Sandi
10-30-2002, 07:28 AM
:drill: Drill Sargent Dyan, Sir!!!!

I have officailly completed my 1 mile walk at 4:30 am, Sir!!!

I will now be hitting the showers, Sir!!!

;)

Dyanm1
10-30-2002, 09:24 AM
Feels Good don't it ?! :hyper:

Just think Sandi, you don't have to think about it for the rest of the day. The whole when and where part is all gone (bye-bye :wave: ) Now that metabolism is working double time :bravo: .

:drill: Oh him? just found him laying around, it wasn't I that requested him......but I think he's perfect. :lol:

Got in my weights and gotts go get ready for work....

Jenniffer
10-30-2002, 11:44 AM
THREAD IS CLOSED...please go to next one... :D