Old 09-08-2010, 05:37 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #238 Bale of Turtles--Isn't it Fall Yet?

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experieince to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I started this new thread because our old one had gotten very long very quickly. If you didn't check in yesterday, go back and look! It's wild with very informative posts and new members. I'm so glad I've got this place to come and share ideas and woes and recipes and encouragement. You're all the best!

at the today. Very hot. We hit 90 degrees again and walking felt like slogging through snow. Dh and I did it though and although it was only 1 1/2miles, it was a good effort. I'm keeping on track with the Filling Food choices (Core) and am allowing myself 1-2 point daily of bread or another choice so as not to throw myself over a cliff!
Looking forward to your posts------: to us all.
Judy
234.6/191.4/170's by 9/30
Old 09-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3

I wish I would smarten up and go out at 7 am for a walk when the air is fresh instead of in the smog/heat of a Virginia evening.

I have a goal of 26 miles in September and a wish to go on a volkswalk-but I worry I won't make the whole 10k. It is hard to get back in the game.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #4  

Itryharder- 1.5 miles is great. Any movement its great lol Please dont throw yourself over a cliff! when the weather gets cooler I have an amazing soup recipe i tweeked using core foods. Otherwise its 4pts but it was so yummy and FILLING and tasted so much better the next day Cant wait to make some this fall.

2Bees My goal is 25 miles and I HAVE to get there- Im going to join you!

Last edited by MrsTH06; 09-08-2010 at 06:47 PM.
MrsTH06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:36 PM   #5  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

econ nerd~ WELCOME!!!

MrsTH06~ I usually weigh in anyways, and sometimes I get a happy surprise and see a loss. I would weigh in anyways because even if you're up some, you'll lose it next week plus a lil more probably.

life4evr~ Yeah, Olive Garden was a face plant. I did keep myself down breadstick and salad wise, although I did have some (just not as much as usual)

2Bees~ When are you planning on going on the Volkswalk? If you have time, work up to it, then blast it out of the water!

Itryharder~ 90 degrees, ugh. Great job getting that walk in!

I don't even want to talk about Olive Garden. Just gonna put it behind me a remind myself from now on what a bad idea going there is. I'm just not strong enough to resist certain foods yet and being a carb addict makes OG a VERY BAD idea.

One of my co-workers (my boss technically) is jumping on the WW band wagon tomorrow, so I'm hoping that helping her stay on track will also help me. Plus it means I now have a person at work to help give me a kick in the rear when Friday Goodies hits the staff room.

3.5 hours later and I still feel gross from all the food! Getting up in the AM to get my walk in!!!

Have a great night everyone!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #6  
Chick

2 Bees, What is a Volkswalk? I walked a 5K for the first time this year and I really liked it. I had been walking for an hour and about 3 1/3miles----but I've backed down to 1/2hour until I get my foot checked out. (ohmigod, it's weird having all these things go wrong at once. )

I'm with you and Olive Garden-----and a lot of the chains. I look up the places online first to get an idea of what's available and what the points are. My dd is also a WW and if we're getting take out, she and I will do the points and split the entree. That's been working out well lately.

Mrs.THO6, I'm very interested in your soup recipe. By the way, does anyone have good ideas for avoiding bread at lunch? I'm allowing myself one point of bread, but am interested in ideas other than sandwiches.

Gotta run, but am so pleased that this site is humming.
Judy
234.6/191.4/170's by 9/30
Old 09-08-2010, 10:52 PM   #7  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Hi everyone! I posed in the old thread (oops) but I'll share this here. I noticed an improvement in my strength and flexibility in doing certain yoga poses during my workout today. That's my NSV for the week.

I too am glad that I have this place to come to find support!

As for lunches, I made some broccoli slaw with turkey bacon. It was delish and so filling! I think it was 2 points per 1 cup serving. It was the perfect size for one of my "mini-meals". I've always been more fond of 5 smaller meals per day and that's been working well for me so far on WW.
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:42 AM   #8  

Morning Turtles!

Thanks Kim, said I was going to weigh in and than last night changed my mind and Im just going to weigh in, will just drink a ton of water.
Yeah Olive Garden is tough. I dont have any self control either.Just not at that point in this game either!

Itryharder- I did a lot of veggie burgers chopped up on salad, or i did eggs for lunch and used a pepperridge farm deli flat or arnold flat bread-1point. Soup was a big one for me during the winter months.bread is a hard one for me but i made sure I worked for my bread and used my AP to eat them. With core it does take some creativty! But it works! I will type up the soup recipe in the next day or two.

Peanutt - I like your idea of mini meals, alot of times I find myself just so hungry at certain times during the day and I really hate letting myself get that hungry, I make poor choices. Great NSV!! I would love your recipe post it if you can!

Little ones are quiet i;m going to get my exercise in!

Also does anyone know an easy way of coverting eliptical distance into miles?
Old 09-09-2010, 08:45 AM   #9  
Chick

Peanutt, lunch sounds yummy. Improved strength and flexibility in yoga is great news! WEigh to go.

I had an on-program day yesterday and will work it to make sure I have another on-program day.

Judy
Old 09-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #10  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Judy - good job with the on-program day! You can do it again today!

Lunches - soups are another good idea. I found a turkey chili recipe in a Hungry Girl book that cooks in the crock pot and makes enough for a few meals. I froze some containers of it for cold day lunches.

Last edited by peanutt; 10-12-2010 at 08:01 PM.
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - nice job getting in your walk in that heat and as far as bread at lunchtime, when I am trying to cut back I go to my "big salad", omellette or my leftovers of meat & veggies from previous suppers. Also I really like tuna or egg salad wrapped in boston lettuce (butter lettuce) or on melba toast.
Hopes this helps.

2 Bees/Econ Nerd - Welcome to our group which is getting bigger every day and that is awesome. Good luck with your Sept goals.

Mrs T - New recipes are always welcome and a new soup one would be great since weather is cooling down.

Kim - Too bad about our OG experience but happens to us all. Our good intentions get easily sidetracked especially when good choices are so limited.
Having another ww member at your workplace should be so helpful for both of you.

Princess/Cherry - hope you guys are doing well this week.

As for myself, tonight I have my weigh in and it is not going to be pretty.
I haven't done well this week with eating - just too big portions even though the food was OK and not enough exercise. So, for me I start my new week on Fridays and this week my challenge is having a ladies night sleepover at my trailer. There will be 4 of us and it should be fun, but there will be wine and snacks for sure.

Anyway, have a great Friday!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:59 AM   #12  

This place is really hopping! I just don't know if i can keep up with all the responses to each person though. Still getting some moving done and it is a lot of hard work.

Welcome to 2Bees and Econ Nerd! Nice to see even more new posters.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #13  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

CherryAutumn~

bandit2~ Are you in charge of snacks so you know what you will be looking at food wise? Have fun!!!

peanutt~ Your broccoli slaw sounds AMAZING!

Itryharder~ How is today going so far? I've been bringing a lot of stir fry for lunch lately, lots and lots of veggies with either chicken or beef. Unfortunately OG has very little nutrition info, so I was not as well prepared as I had hoped to be.

MrsTH06
~ Good luck with your weigh in!!!

So far so good today. I still feel icky from eating so much last night, and definitely saw a nasty gain on the scale last night. I wanted to weigh myself to kind of scare myself a lil with how much damage a meal like that can really do... and it definitely did. Hopefully I will see a decrease tonight, but I'm not sure as there was lots of salt involved, so it may be a while... Time to harass the kiddos!!!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi Cherry - nice to see you popping in when you can, hope you are dealing with your workload.

Kim - I am handling the dinner part of things and am making a zuccini/eggplant casserole that I can prepare beforehand and will either have grilled burgers or chicken with that. The ladies are bringing the snacks & that way they can munch on what they like and I can pick & choose. Also I will have a fruit/veggie tray on hand. So should be fine.

Lunchtime - yeah, get to eat again. Today I brought a caesar salad with light dressing and some grapes. Apple for 3 pm snack.

What is everyone elses menu like for today?
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #15  

I had a morningstar farm Asian veggie burger with cheese on 1point flat bread and cukes = 4pt lunch

The recipe is as follow. Im doing the orginal recipe and adding in red the Core ingredients I used. Except parm I forgot about that but its 2tbs in the whole recipe it wont break the bank. Now I put it in the recipe builder and it comes to 4pts using CORE ingredients using what they list is 6pts. Also their serving size if for a main meal..if you only use a cup I would assume the points are less. either way 4 or 6 pts for a meal is pretty good I think! It freezes well!

Meatball Soup
Ingredients
1 beaten egg Egg White
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs (2/3 slice) rolled oats
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 pound ground beef ground turkey
1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 14-ounce can beef broth
1 14-1/2-ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
1-1/2 cups water
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
1/4 cup tiny bow-tie pasta or ditalini whole wheat pasta rotini
3 cups torn spinach or 1/2 of a 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
Directions
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan or Romano cheese, parsley, onion, garlic salt, and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape meat mixture into 36 balls.

2. In a large skillet cook meatballs over medium heat about 8 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning occasionally to brown evenly. Drain fat from pan. Set meatballs aside.

3. In a large saucepan stir together garbanzo beans, beef broth, undrained tomatoes, water, mushrooms, and Italian seasoning. Bring to boiling. Add pasta. Return to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in spinach and meatballs. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or just until spinach is wilted. Makes 4 main-dish servings.

Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare soup, except do not add spinach; cool. Transfer to airtight freezer container; seal, label, and freeze up to 3 months. To reheat, transfer to saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally to break up. Stir in spinach as above.

Last edited by MrsTH06; 09-09-2010 at 12:49 PM.