WW Clubs and Groups - #238 Bale of Turtles--Isn't it Fall Yet?

Itryharder
09-08-2010, 05:37 PM
:welcome3: :carrot: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experieince to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
09-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Hi Turtles,
I started this new thread because our old one had gotten very long very quickly. If you didn't check in yesterday, go back and look! It's wild with very informative posts and new members. I'm so glad I've got this place to come and share ideas and woes and recipes and encouragement. You're all the best!

:tread: at the :beach: today. Very hot. We hit 90 degrees again and walking felt like slogging through snow. Dh and I did it though and although it was only 1 1/2miles, it was a good effort. I'm keeping on track with the Filling Food choices (Core) and am allowing myself 1-2 point daily of bread or another choice so as not to throw myself over a cliff!
Looking forward to your posts------:goodvibes: :grouphug: to us all.
Judy
234.6/191.4/170's by 9/30 :cool:

2Bees
09-08-2010, 06:05 PM
I wish I would smarten up and go out at 7 am for a walk when the air is fresh instead of in the smog/heat of a Virginia evening.

I have a goal of 26 miles in September and a wish to go on a volkswalk-but I worry I won't make the whole 10k. It is hard to get back in the game.

MrsTH06
09-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Itryharder- 1.5 miles is great. Any movement its great lol Please dont throw yourself over a cliff! :) when the weather gets cooler I have an amazing soup recipe i tweeked using core foods. Otherwise its 4pts but it was so yummy and FILLING and tasted so much better the next day Cant wait to make some this fall.

2Bees My goal is 25 miles and I HAVE to get there- Im going to join you!

KimL1214
09-08-2010, 09:36 PM
econ nerd~ WELCOME!!!

MrsTH06~ I usually weigh in anyways, and sometimes I get a happy surprise and see a loss. I would weigh in anyways because even if you're up some, you'll lose it next week plus a lil more probably.

life4evr~ Yeah, Olive Garden was a face plant. I did keep myself down breadstick and salad wise, although I did have some (just not as much as usual)

2Bees~ When are you planning on going on the Volkswalk? If you have time, work up to it, then blast it out of the water!

Itryharder~ 90 degrees, ugh. Great job getting that walk in!

I don't even want to talk about Olive Garden. Just gonna put it behind me a remind myself from now on what a bad idea going there is. I'm just not strong enough to resist certain foods yet and being a carb addict makes OG a VERY BAD idea.

One of my co-workers (my boss technically) is jumping on the WW band wagon tomorrow, so I'm hoping that helping her stay on track will also help me. Plus it means I now have a person at work to help give me a kick in the rear when Friday Goodies hits the staff room.

3.5 hours later and I still feel gross from all the food! Getting up in the AM to get my walk in!!!

Have a great night everyone!

Itryharder
09-08-2010, 09:51 PM
2 Bees, :welcome3: What is a Volkswalk? I walked a 5K for the first time this year and I really liked it. I had been walking for an hour and about 3 1/3miles----but I've backed down to 1/2hour until I get my foot checked out. (ohmigod, it's weird having all these things go wrong at once. )

I'm with you and Olive Garden-----and a lot of the chains. I look up the places online first to get an idea of what's available and what the points are. My dd is also a WW and if we're getting take out, she and I will do the points and split the entree. That's been working out well lately.

Mrs.THO6, I'm very interested in your soup recipe. By the way, does anyone have good ideas for avoiding bread at lunch? I'm allowing myself one point of bread, but am interested in ideas other than sandwiches.

Gotta run, but am so pleased that this site is humming.
Judy

peanutt
09-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi everyone! I posed in the old thread (oops) but I'll share this here. I noticed an improvement in my strength and flexibility in doing certain yoga poses during my workout today. That's my NSV for the week.

I too am glad that I have this place to come to find support!

As for lunches, I made some broccoli slaw with turkey bacon. It was delish and so filling! I think it was 2 points per 1 cup serving. It was the perfect size for one of my "mini-meals". I've always been more fond of 5 smaller meals per day and that's been working well for me so far on WW.

MrsTH06
09-09-2010, 08:42 AM
Morning Turtles!

Thanks Kim, said I was going to weigh in and than last night changed my mind and Im just going to weigh in, will just drink a ton of water.
Yeah Olive Garden is tough. I dont have any self control either.Just not at that point in this game either!

Itryharder- I did a lot of veggie burgers chopped up on salad, or i did eggs for lunch and used a pepperridge farm deli flat or arnold flat bread-1point. Soup was a big one for me during the winter months.bread is a hard one for me but i made sure I worked for my bread and used my AP to eat them. With core it does take some creativty! But it works! I will type up the soup recipe in the next day or two.

Peanutt - I like your idea of mini meals, alot of times I find myself just so hungry at certain times during the day and I really hate letting myself get that hungry, I make poor choices. Great NSV!! I would love your recipe post it if you can!

Little ones are quiet i;m going to get my exercise in!

Also does anyone know an easy way of coverting eliptical distance into miles?

Itryharder
09-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Peanutt, lunch sounds yummy. :chef: Improved strength and flexibility in yoga is great news! WEigh to go.

I had an on-program day yesterday and will work it to make sure I have another on-program day.

Judy :cool:

peanutt
09-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Judy - good job with the on-program day! You can do it again today!

Lunches - soups are another good idea. I found a turkey chili recipe in a Hungry Girl book that cooks in the crock pot and makes enough for a few meals. I froze some containers of it for cold day lunches.

bandit2
09-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - nice job getting in your walk in that heat and as far as bread at lunchtime, when I am trying to cut back I go to my "big salad", omellette or my leftovers of meat & veggies from previous suppers. Also I really like tuna or egg salad wrapped in boston lettuce (butter lettuce) or on melba toast.
Hopes this helps.

2 Bees/Econ Nerd - Welcome to our group which is getting bigger every day and that is awesome. Good luck with your Sept goals.

Mrs T - New recipes are always welcome and a new soup one would be great since weather is cooling down.

Kim - Too bad about our OG experience but happens to us all. Our good intentions get easily sidetracked especially when good choices are so limited.
Having another ww member at your workplace should be so helpful for both of you.

Princess/Cherry - hope you guys are doing well this week.

As for myself, tonight I have my weigh in and it is not going to be pretty.
I haven't done well this week with eating - just too big portions even though the food was OK and not enough exercise. So, for me I start my new week on Fridays and this week my challenge is having a ladies night sleepover at my trailer. There will be 4 of us and it should be fun, but there will be wine and snacks for sure.

Anyway, have a great Friday!

CherryAutumn
09-09-2010, 10:59 AM
This place is really hopping! I just don't know if i can keep up with all the responses to each person though. Still getting some moving done and it is a lot of hard work.

Welcome to 2Bees and Econ Nerd! Nice to see even more new posters.

KimL1214
09-09-2010, 11:45 AM
CherryAutumn~ :wave:

bandit2~ Are you in charge of snacks so you know what you will be looking at food wise? Have fun!!!

peanutt~ Your broccoli slaw sounds AMAZING!

Itryharder~ How is today going so far? I've been bringing a lot of stir fry for lunch lately, lots and lots of veggies with either chicken or beef. Unfortunately OG has very little nutrition info, so I was not as well prepared as I had hoped to be.

MrsTH06~ Good luck with your weigh in!!!

So far so good today. I still feel icky from eating so much last night, and definitely saw a nasty gain on the scale last night. I wanted to weigh myself to kind of scare myself a lil with how much damage a meal like that can really do... and it definitely did. Hopefully I will see a decrease tonight, but I'm not sure as there was lots of salt involved, so it may be a while... Time to harass the kiddos!!!

bandit2
09-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Hi Cherry - nice to see you popping in when you can, hope you are dealing with your workload.

Kim - I am handling the dinner part of things and am making a zuccini/eggplant casserole that I can prepare beforehand and will either have grilled burgers or chicken with that. The ladies are bringing the snacks & that way they can munch on what they like and I can pick & choose. Also I will have a fruit/veggie tray on hand. So should be fine.

Lunchtime - yeah, get to eat again. Today I brought a caesar salad with light dressing and some grapes. Apple for 3 pm snack.

What is everyone elses menu like for today?

MrsTH06
09-09-2010, 12:47 PM
I had a morningstar farm Asian veggie burger with cheese on 1point flat bread and cukes = 4pt lunch

The recipe is as follow. Im doing the orginal recipe and adding in red the Core ingredients I used. Except parm I forgot about that but its 2tbs in the whole recipe it wont break the bank. Now I put it in the recipe builder and it comes to 4pts using CORE ingredients using what they list is 6pts. Also their serving size if for a main meal..if you only use a cup I would assume the points are less. either way 4 or 6 pts for a meal is pretty good I think! It freezes well!

Meatball Soup
Ingredients
1 beaten egg Egg White
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs (2/3 slice) rolled oats
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 pound ground beef ground turkey
1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 14-ounce can beef broth
1 14-1/2-ounce can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
1-1/2 cups water
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
1/4 cup tiny bow-tie pasta or ditalini whole wheat pasta rotini
3 cups torn spinach or 1/2 of a 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
Directions
1. In a medium mixing bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan or Romano cheese, parsley, onion, garlic salt, and pepper. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape meat mixture into 36 balls.

2. In a large skillet cook meatballs over medium heat about 8 minutes or until done (160 degrees F), turning occasionally to brown evenly. Drain fat from pan. Set meatballs aside.

3. In a large saucepan stir together garbanzo beans, beef broth, undrained tomatoes, water, mushrooms, and Italian seasoning. Bring to boiling. Add pasta. Return to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in spinach and meatballs. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or just until spinach is wilted. Makes 4 main-dish servings.

Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare soup, except do not add spinach; cool. Transfer to airtight freezer container; seal, label, and freeze up to 3 months. To reheat, transfer to saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally to break up. Stir in spinach as above.

Princess1122
09-09-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone and a very happy Thursday to you all! Tomorrow is Friday.... my favorite day of the week... yeah!

Oh my but we have grown here! That is a wonderful thing! Welcome to all of the new posters we are so glad to have you with us!

I read through the posts but don't remember what each person said so doing individual replies is not going to happen right now... LOL. I did not get online yesterday since DS's came over to help DH and I move around a bunch of furniture. We are still getting estimates on the bathroom remodel...ugh, way expensive! Things are moving along though!

Looks like everyone is doing great! The meatball soup recipe looks wonderful - who ever posted that thank you very much as soup, stew, and crockpot weather is fast approaching!

Stressful at work right now but I am trying to put in a ton of time and effort to get everything back on track and going smoothly.

I am still feeling cruddy from that cold that I had a while back, just does not seem to want to let go all the way. But I will get back to the gym starting this weekend and that will help get me back on track.

Off to my TOPS meeting and W/I so wish me luck... I will most likely pull a turtle but that is better than a gain!

Princess

Itryharder
09-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Hi Turtles,
We are really hopping here! Today has been another good day for me. I had Shredded Wheat and milk and 1/2 peach for breakfast, a banana mid-morning, tuna salad with ff cottage cheese on an English muffin with plenty of salad for lunch, a ff yogurt for snack, chicken and whole wheat couscous (with a bit of onion and peas) for dinner, and I'll have my ff salt free popcorn tonight around nine o'clock. Thanks for the lunch ideas. I'm not a big salad fan, but I realize that when I get a big one all made up (enough for three days or so) that it's easy to go to and add some protein and it works out fine. i also like the ease I'm putting myself under by allowing myself 1-2 points in bread a day. I should lose weight still under this system and if I don't I'll have to tweak the plan. Although I have cravings, I'm doing okay and I've already lost a pound so this is definitely worth it!

Bandit, have a great weekend with your friends. Thanks for the lunch tips. Leftovers are great and something I forgot about. By the way, I loved the zucchini/vegetable/stuffing casserole and so did my dh. :chef:

Cherry, I see you've lost more weight! Keep on moving and chiming in.
:goodscale: weigh to go! :bravo:

KimL, OG is a toughie. The salt alone would do me in. I find drinking more water helps when that happens. Do you know about Dotti's Weight Loss site? I'll look up the right site name and post it. She has WW point values for many many restaurants and their menus. Very helpful! :bravo: Dottisweightlosszone is the correct site name.

Mrs. THO6, great soup recipe. Thanks so much. :chef:

Princess, so glad you're looking into remodeling your bathroom. I know it's expensive, but you'll be so happy once it's done. :smile: I know you do a great job at work and I'm sure your employer is happy at what you can lead your team to do. Weigh to go! Good luck with your :goodscale: this week.

I've turned things around and then I've got dinner out at friends' tomorrow, then a festival on Sat. Being on core is harder at these places because the food items are more limited. I'll have to do some careful planning about all this. Have a great weekend everyone!
Judy

KimL1214
09-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Itryharder~ Thank you for the website! CONGRATS on your loss!!!

Princess1122~ How was your weigh in?

MrsTH06~ Meatball soup looks super yummy!

bandit2~ I had yogurt mixed with granola and raspberries for breakfast, chicken stirfry with couscous for lunch and a Jell-O mousse cup (SUPER TASTY!!!), and a salad and homemade wheat pizza w/mushrooms, onions and tomatoes and low fat cheese.

I managed to get in two really good work outs today which has me super excited! I went to the gym and walked on the treadmill for 66 minutes at an average 5% grade (I got as high as 10% for 5 minutes). I then went for a walk after dinner. Favorite part of my post dinner walk would be when I did a face plant on one of the sidewalks after tripping over a curb that they paved up onto so I didn't see it. I'm actually pretty impressed with myself, because even though I was covered in mud and a little blood, I walked another two miles before giving in to the rain. Walking in the rain with glasses = being blind. I definitely need to wear a hat next time and not count on my hood as it really didn't keep any of the rain out of my face.

Have a great night everyone and Happy ALMOST Friday!!!

life4evr
09-09-2010, 10:39 PM
So the morning with eating started off horrible. Breakfast was a banana with a Sierra Mist. I was stuck in a computer class with vending machine only so I just avoided them. So I was starving by the time I got home but I did not go crazy. Lunch was a wheat wrap with lettuce, some 2% cheese, and grilled chicken breast. How important is it to use all your points. I took a much needed three hour nap. Then I ate a late dinner which was chicken breast, peas and carrot, and the mashed sweet potatoe recipe, which was pretty good. But I still have alot of points left, but I am full so I am not going to worry about it.

Exercise I am still working on that part, did I mention how much I hate exercising. I am still working on psyching myself up about that. But other than that a good day.

bandit2
09-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - hope your weigh in went well. A turtle is great - better than a gain anytime. I know what you mean about the renovations - and for me it always costs more since I really have no one that is handy including myself, so gets super expensive when you have to pay for the basics as well as all the other stuff. BUt be patient & you will end up having a nice area of your home all fixed up.

Judy - your menu is very impressive and sounds right on track. Good for you!

Kim - sorry to hear about your fall, sounds nasty - hope you are OK. Nice job on keeping on going after that.

Life - Yes, exercising can be challenging at times. BUt I find the more I go the better it gets. So, just try and get into a routine and before you know it, you will be looking forward to it (at least this is what I keep hearing)
Hehe

My weigh in last night was not good. I was up 1.75# and I know it was from all the salty things I had including cottage roll and potatoe chips, which I got carried with. But, I did show up at my meeting and faced the scale even though I knew I would be up. I find skipping my meetings does not help and I want to be accountable even when I fall off my programme.

As always, we can only try our best and every now and then we do get side tracked and I am lucky to have all of you with your encouragement, tips and motivation to keep me from never getting back on track. Thank you!

Everyone else - I hope you all have a great weekend.

I am just packing up and heading for my ladies night at the trailer & am going to suggest all us ladies do a big walk BEFORE the fun begins.

Take care & drink more water!

KimL1214
09-10-2010, 10:56 AM
bandit2~ I'm okay, a few scrapes and bruises, but okay. Good job keeping yourself accountable! Have fun this weekend!

life4evr~ Not hitting your points is not a big deal every now and then, but consistently not hitting them can sometimes cause a stall in weight loss. Lots of chicken yesterday!

I'm feeling okay today, a few scrapes and bruises, but nothing too painful. I did pat myself on the back this morning for leaving the faculty room with only half a bagel and some grapes (today is Friday goodies). There was lots of super yummy food, but I just focused on a couple things and left with some of the other ladies. I think my plan will be to swoop in, grab something healthy and then leave with the other ladies who have snack duty (watchin the munchkins eating snack).

Today my plan is to hit up the gym right after school, and then I'm not sure. One of my friends wants to go to Burlington (about 45 min. away), but she hasn't gotten back to me about whether or not she wants to go. Kind of throws off my dinner plans, but I have something in mind either way.

Happy Friday everyone!!!

peanutt
09-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Life4evr - I know how hard it can be to get motivated to exercise. I was there too. But since I've started, I feel so much better than without exercising. Good luck psyching yourself up for that!

Bandit - sounds like you have a great plan for your ladies night.

Kim - Good job on dealing with the Friday treat day! Today is the same thing here at work and I'm hoping I can avoid the big box of donuts!

life4evr
09-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Today hasn't been so great. I ate something which way too much grease and my stomach is not happy with me. Yeah alot of chicken lol it was the only thing cooked, and I was too tired to hunt for some more meat to cook. I am just glad it is Friday. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Princess1122
09-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Hi all and happy Friday to everyone! Ahh, the weekend is finally here!

Got my house cleaning done and it was not too bad, got some things moved around and cleaned under a few things that have not been cleaned in a very long time... LOL, dust/hair balls the size of texas... ugh! But! I am done now and only have to worry about the laundry...yeah.

Yes, the bathroom remodel is going to be more expensive then we thought but it will be worth it... and it is getting done just in time as the bath tub faucet has a very large steady stream dripping now :p I am so ready to have all of that old stuff torn out and a new sparkly clean room appear... LOL

Bandit: DH and I are not handy at all either... we have to pay someone else to do most everything, DH can do a few things and I have gotten lucky one or two times at the things I have tried to repair but over all we are not good at it. Have a great weekend! I pulled a turtle last night... LOL! Something just told me I would!

Judy: Sounds like you have it figured out! Great job! You are so willing to try new things and revisit things that have worked for you in the past that it was bound to happen sooner or later! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kim: Sooo sorry that you hurt yourself! Ugh.... that is never fun! Get better and congrats on the exercise!

Peanut: How are you doing? Donuts at work are just plain evil!;) But we have folks that bring them in too... not as much as other places that I have worked thank the Lord! Some places were crazy and had food every single day, organized pitch in's on a regular basis, etc... it was nuts! And very hard to stay on track in that environment. Good luck!

Life4evr: I have made the same mistake... and oh do we pay for it afterwards when we are not used to eating the greasy stuff anymore. I hope you feel better!

MrsTho6: How are you doing? Any big plans for the weekend? Have a wonderful evening!

Cherry: How are you doing these days? Moving is hard work! One of things that I truly do not like to do as a matter of fact... LOL. I always say that you know who your real friends are on moving day... LOL.

Went to the doctor today because I can not seem to get rid of this flu/cold thing, it is gone but I am still coughing and very congested. He has me on a ton of meds and if that does not work I go for a chest xray.... hoping the meds work... but they are all steroid based and I do not do well on those... I always gain weight... oh well, if I can feel better then it is worth it.

Signing off for now, have a great evening everyone!

life4evr
09-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Today eating has not been that bad. I had a late start today. I have managed to avoid the fast food and I pass several of them to and from work. I am trying a ww recipe now but I am not sure how it is going to turn out.

Princess1122
09-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Good morning everyone! Sunday already??? How did that happen... LOL!

Yesterday was busy, went to DS rugby game but it started raining so we packed up and headed to the grocery store to get that done... yep, I am a fair weather fan - LOL. I am just not one to sit in a rain storm at a sporting event even if it is one of my DS's playing.

Going to breakfast with the family this morning, not sure where we are going yet but will make the best choices that I can and just enjoy being out with the family and not having to cook :D

I hope that everyone is doing well and enjoying their weekend.
Princess

life4evr
09-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Today was my weigh in day. It was great. I lost like three pounds. I weighed myself about three times. LOL it was early and I was like I must be seeing stuff. It was right though. So I am happy, I think some of it was water weight. Today has been good. I have learned if I have to get something to eat while out Subway is usually my best bet.

Itryharder
09-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Princess, my weekend flew too! Having a tough time with food, but I'm getting closer to Core today and I'm planning better.

Life4evr, :goodscale: :bravo: :balloons: :cheer: :carrot: :dance:
3# down! Weigh to go. You're doing great! Keep up the good work. Yes, I like Subway too. Either an all veggie 6" hero or even a salad work out great for me. Thanks for the reminder.

Everybody have a great day and keep on keepin' on.
Judy
234.6/? too high/170's by 9/30 :cool:

life4evr
09-13-2010, 11:27 PM
My eating hasn't been great but it hasn't been horrible. It has been rough day for me personally so I am physically drained. But I didn't over eat which I tend to. And managed to do a yoga tape for 30 minutes before I was too tired. Hopefully tomorrow gets better.

Clever Tessa
09-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Ok, so where is the smiley for crawling back in here on my hands and knees???

I just logged in and the last time was August 18th????? :censored: :faint: :tantrum: :drill: :stress: :sorry:
Are you kidding me???? I've been AWOL in very non-Tessa-like fashion.

:wave: Princess, Judy, Kim (I'm still enjoying those buffalo wraps!), Cherry and Bandit!!!

I've missed you guys! Promise not to disappear again...

Had a mini melt down due to my right elbow - I think that was my last post. Oh, you better believe I'm blaming those :censored: rabbits. It is THEIR fault - otherwise I'd have had no reason for constant shoveling! Had another cortisone shot in the right elbow yesterday (something to ponder - what a needle feels like in your funny bone - ain't so stinkin' funny! LOL!) and I think I'll live. Went up a couple pounds during my "whoa is me" pity party but am back down. I'd say I'm in new territory, but it's not entirely new - it's more like I dusted off the map of an area I once visited long ago and hope to only be passing through...

Also, discovered Zumba. :dance: Down 7.8 pounds in 3 weeks. All hail the mighty Zumba!!!!! LOL!

Hi and Howdy to Life4evr (awesome loss!), MrsT and Peanutt!!! Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

Ok, slinking back to do penance for the AWOL - instead of 20 push ups can I do 20 booty shakes instead? I have Zumba tonight.... :lol:

Later gators,

Tes

Itryharder
09-14-2010, 06:29 PM
Hey Tessa, good to see you back!!!! and :bravo: on such a nice recovery.
Weigh to go! :balloons:

Gotta run guys, but I keep on checking in every day.
Judy
234.6/191.4/170's by 9'30 :cool:

life4evr
09-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks Tessa you have me wanting to try Zumba several of my friends and family do it. But I have no coordination what so ever. Today has been a better day. I am still drained but I figured it was just that time. AT least I am not bloated. No other updates. Hope you all have a goodnight.

KimL1214
09-15-2010, 10:59 AM
life4evr~ Zumba is a blast! I did it with some friends earlier this summer and LOVED it!!! I'm planning on restarting either this week or next, depending on how much energy I save up as the classes are early AM. Sorry to hear that you've been feeling down :hug: Congrats on your loss!!!

Clever Tessa~ :dizzy: Here's your smiley :p I'm also crawling back in as I have been missing for almost a week. I used some of my buffalo chicken on a salad yesterday with some light blue cheese, mixed it all together and ended up with a spicy blue cheese dressing on my salad, super YUMMY! Love, love, LOVE Zumba!!! Sorry to hear about your elbow, hope it heals soon!

Princess1122~ How was breakfast on Sunday?

peanutt~ How did you do avoiding the box of donuts?

Itryharder~ How is core treating you?

Sorry I've been MIA for a few days, been CRAZY busy with the 20-something TBL challenge, working all weekend and trying to get all my workouts in! I did see a happy surprise on the scale this morning, just hoping it sticks until Friday as that is my TBL challenge weigh in day!
I hiked with the 7th grade team on Monday, 4 Miles round trip. I was pretty worried about it before we started, but then surprised myself by not stopping at all on the way up and actually finishing in the middle of the pack, instead of at the back like I did last year.
I also finally invested in a gym membership yesterday, and kicked my own butt on the elliptical. Right now I have a WW Pot Roast cookin in the slow cooker at home, so I have something super yummy to come home to!!!
Have a great day ladies!!!

Itryharder
09-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Yum, WW pot roast sounds yummy. Time to get out the slow cooker again. Yay. :chef: Glad to see you did so well with exercise, KimL. Glad to hear from you and the :goodscale:

I had a non-:goodscale: today, but I knew I would. Up another 1.6#. Not at all fun. My dh wanted to eat lunch out at a Greek restaurant. Food was super salty and my gyro was probably packed with fat. I saved the salad for later and I only ate 1/2the pita, but still. I have been sabotaging myself at night. I'm not hungry or craving food, and yet I'm seeking it out. It doesn't make me feel better. My meeting was very good this morning, so I'm counting on that to keep me going. Also, my dh needs to be very careful this week because he has a doc appt. coming up. Sooooooo, all combined I am going to do well this week.
1. Stop the gain
2. Keep telling myself every hour that I can do this!

Best wishes to you all. Keep on chiming in!
Judy
234.6/193/170's by 9/30 :cool:

peanutt
09-15-2010, 03:04 PM
I've been using the slow cooker a lot lately since it's been cool and rainy here. So nice to come home from work to a house that smells like delicious food!

I didn't avoid the donuts altogether (I wanted a treat), but I did have a Timbit (donut hole) instead of a donut for a fraction of the points. It also helped that there was a big fruit tray to have a snack from instead.

Zumba looks like such a fun workout. I might have to try it some time soon.

peanutt
09-15-2010, 03:08 PM
Oh! I completely forgot to share this news - I hit my first goal this week of losing 5% of my starting weight! It felt great to hit that first milestone. I've set a new mini-goal for 10% of starting weight lost. :D

Clever Tessa
09-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Happy hump day! :broc:

:high: peanutt, congrats on reaching 5%!!!! Very exciting when goals become reality! Well done on the donuts too! Luckily (thankfully) I haven't been tempted by them yet. Sadly, I'd do just about anything for a maple bar. :lol:

Kim, Zumba is da bestest isn't it? Thrilled to have an activity that is so much stinkin' fun - cuz it's more like a night out dancing - just at a gym! Yeah, I'm with ya - I joined a gym too. Took the plunge.... :wl:
Fingers crossed that Friday's weigh in is a spectacular one!

life4evr - my best friend is self-admittedly only semi-coordinated and has been loving Zumba. The best part of it is, that they keep the same songs/routines for a while so you get a chance to learn them and get good at them. Once they change something (like they did on us last night) EVERYONE is lost right along with you! LOL! The first two classes we kinda exercised, but mostly stood there laughing in confusion...

Judy, so have you sat and thought about what exactly is happening at night that's making you want to go to the kitchen for something? Been reading that "Women Food and God" book and have learned tons. Maybe it's boredom?

Well, best be gettin' back to work. Can't seem to get the office cat to make the phone calls...

Tes

bandit2
09-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - glad you are feeling better this week.

Life - Nice job on your weight loss, that is terrific!

Judy - So glad your had a good meeting, sometimes that is just the thing that shifts our thinking and gets us back on track. You have done so well, so get back to it!

Tessa - nice to see you back posting with us again. Zumba is something I have never tried, but it sounds like it would be great.

Kim - Nice job on hiking and your gym membership should keep you on schedule.

Peanut - congrats on reaching your 1st goal - awesome!

I have been completely OP this week and hoping for a loss at the scales tomorrow. But I have not been getting in exercise, which I need so much.

Hope everyone else is doing well and can post when they have time.

Also - I am going to watch the new Survivor tonight, haven't watched that since Season 1 and tribes are divided by age, so should be interesting.

Have a good evening!

Clever Tessa
09-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Bandit, oh yeah, I'm toutin' Zumba like I'm recruiting for a cult or something! :lol:

Fingers crossed, said cult o' funky moves will have me below the 200 mark next week. Haven't seen those numbers in awhile....

Toodles turtles!

Tessa

Itryharder
09-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Wow, we're jumping again. Or are we Zumba-ing again? Glad everyone likes the Zumba. I haven't tried it, but my dds have. Right now my dh and I are happy to be back on the boardwalk. I'll need orthotics in my sneakers to help with a bunion and I hope that does the trick since I really do like to walk (and I see what happens to people as they age without having gotten in some exercise).

Peanutt, :goodscale: and :bravo: and :cheer: and :carrot: for meeitn your first goal! Weigh to go. You're doing great.

Tessa, yes, I have been thinking about tthe dopey night time eating. I think it stems from the good and bad side of losing weight. When I lose weight, some things happen in relationships, etc. that aren't always pleasant. I've been overweight for a long time and people expect me to stay there. Then sometimes I beat myself up for no reason and then I eat.
I'm working on it.

Bandit, here's to a :goodscale: :cheer: and :cheers: and :bravo: for being OP all week. Yeah, it's good to get the exercise in, but being OP is most important, in my opinion.

Tessa, here's hoping for a :goodscale: at your WI also. Breaking 200# felt so marvelous to me. I told my leader, "I'll never see that number again------and I meant it!" I hope it happens for you this week. Weigh to go, girl!

Princess, I hope you are feeling better and doing well.

Cherry, how are you?

Mrs. Thanos, how are you doing?

To all our newbies and oldies, keep on keepin' on. We're doing great!
Today I have made a commitment to do my toning tape 3Xweekly as well as my walking. They should help me stop the gain and then start losing again.
Judy

Princess1122
09-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone and happy Wedensday to you all!

Wow, it is seriously hoping around here! I feel so out of the loop because I can not get on this site at work anymore <stamps feet!> The fire wall must have been upgraded or something... I can only get so far then some kind of double add thing gets in my way and everything locks up. Oh well, I can still get on at home!

Food has not been so good for me this week and I have not exercised at all! I am still not feeling great and the med's are not really doing much for me except making me hungry... groan! Like I need help in THAT department!

Zumba is fun! D-DIL and I took a class and had a good time. That class is not longer available and I have never been able to find one that was done so cheaply... she only charged 5.00 a class! That is hard to beat... I think the gym offer "latin heat" classes but I have not checked into those yet... maybe something to think about.

I have been using my crockpot also, it is not cold and rainy here but it sure makes dinner easy... LOL. They are calling for rain tonight though and we need it badly!

Congrat's to those that lost... Chin up to those that did not... tomorrow is judgement day for me... at the rate I am going on these med's I might just break their scale :D

Have a great evening everyone!
Princess

Itryharder
09-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Oh Princess, I hear you! I almost didn't get on the scale today at my mtg., but I've done that too often in the past three months and decided to own up to it and do better. I'm trying Core----the three women I encouraged to try it last week all lost weight !!!!!!! While I went on my own stupid way to manage to gain weight again. I've got it figured out pretty well, nothing I want to discuss on the internet, but I think I've got a good handle. Sooooooo, good luck and :goodvibes: to you. Feel better and we'll all get this going.
Judy

life4evr
09-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Well today my eating has been horrible. Tomorrow is another day right. I need to renew my gym membership and actually use it. I was so much sanier when I did work out regularly. It was my "quiet time" for lack of a better term. Tomorrow is a clinical day so I will be up and moving. Hope everyone is doing well.

ETA: Had to do some proofreading and editing. Must be getting sleepy.

Itryharder
09-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi Life4evr, yeah, we all have days like that now and again. Tomorrow will be better.
Judy :goodvibes:

KimL1214
09-16-2010, 10:45 AM
life4evr~ How is today going so far?

Itryharder~ You GOT this!!!

Princess1122~ :hug: Let us know how your WI goes.

bandit2~ How was Survivor last night? I ended up watching the finale for Master Chef, so I missed out on Survivor. Great job staying OP!!!

Clever Tessa~ I love Zumba, but don't like the instructor I was taking it with, so I am switching to a new instructor, hopefully tomorrow morning. My old one never took the time to actually teach the new steps to new people and would actually get frustrated if everyone couldn't keep up. Any rabbits shown up lately?

peanutt~ CONGRATS on 5%!!!

I had really wanted to get to a kettle bell class this morning, but my dog got fixed yesterday and stayed up all night whining. I felt super bad for him so I spent a lot of the night up with him, trying to to help him feel better. It didn't help that he hadn't eaten since the day before and every time we tried to give him a lil water or food he would just throw it up. I'm hoping that he feels better today, but he was still whining this morning when I left.
Plan is for homemade pizza tonight after I get home from the gym! Thursday has pretty much become pizza night...

Clever Tessa
09-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Mornin' turtles!

Man, am I ready for the weekend... supposed to be cold and rainy! Time to hole up in the house, cook a bunch of soups to shove in the freezer and hunker down with a good book. :)

Judy, understood. No one likes change. My mom and I are going through something like this now - she's started saying things in an attempt to sabotage me or make me doubt myself (I'm not sure she realizes it) because I've always been the fat daughter with a thinner mother. She's always been who she is, I've always been who I was - WAS. I've changed a lot over the last year both mentally and physically and wow, is she rebelling... Not sure she's diggin' the whole stronger, happier, independent(er), more self confident daughter. I can't worry about what she thinks though - this is about more than how big my butt is - it's about my health and happiness. If she has an issue with that, then SHE has an issue with it.

(sorry, mini tangent there)

Part of my big change over the last year has been to stop being my old story. I was always _____, I never ______, I'll always be ______, etc. Just because I always ______ doesn't mean I can't do it different from now on. It's been dang empowering.... Rewriting the book of Tessa.

Ok, see, another mini tangent! Moving on....

Princess, I really hope you're feeling better soon! Take good care of yourself, okay?

life4evr, you've got to have time for yourself - I hope you do rejoin that gym. Same as you, that hour of workout time keeps me sane.

Alrighty.... sorry for the length of this! Guess I'm making up for being gone for a month? :lol:

Peace, love & cookies,
Tes

Clever Tessa
09-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Aww Kim, poor puppy! Yeah, I'd change instructors too - ours actually messes stuff up and starts laughing at herself. She's a hoot! Hope the other instructor is better for ya!

No, no evil :bunny: around. I finally hired a guy who came out, went under the house and fixed the insulation and layered rocks, then chicken wire, then more rocks, then chickenwire - covered it in dirt and more rocks. There is one attempted hole and it deadends into, yes, chickenwire. They seem to have given up - but next Spring when they look for a safe place for babies the battle may be on again. :jig: :devil:

Have a great day everyone!

Tessa

peanutt
09-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Princess, I hope you're feeling better today.

Life4evr, I hope you get a chance to get back to the gym and enjoy that "therapy".

Hope everyone else's week is going well!

bandit2
09-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Hi turtles:

Tessa - Good luck with "breaking th 200 barrier" - sending you "skinny vibes"!
Also, now you got me thinking about looking in Zumba, thanks!

Judy - Night time eating is sooooooo hard not to do. I feel I am entitled to a snack while watching TV so I try & plan ahead for it. I hear what you are saying about relationship problems. One of my biggest is from my mom (yes, thats right) When she notices I have lost weight, she always says "make sure you don't lose too much" - as if that is a problem. Drives me crazy & if I know she is coming to my place I put on baggier clothes so she won't notice.

Princess - Good luck at your meeting and just going when you really don't want to face that scale is really great. Good for you for being accountable.

Life - Hang in there, thats all we can do.

Kim - Survivor was pretty uneventful seeing it was the new season. But I still liked it. Tribes are divided into "under 30" and "over 40". One member of the older group got booted off. Should be interesting as it goes along.
Hope your doggy is feeling better - you really feel for them when they are not their best.
Pizza - sounds sooooooooo good. Do you have a favorite recipe?

Everyone else - hope you are having a great day and drinking your water!

KimL1214
09-16-2010, 01:56 PM
bandit2~ I buy the wheat dough at Hannafords (grocery store chain up here... not sure how far it reaches), and then use a jarred pizza sauce with reduced fat Italian cheeses. I use tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, roasted red peppers, and sun dried tomatoes as the toppings. I'm always psyched for pizza night!

peanutt~ LOL, no cone of shame last night, but I think my mom was going to pick one up today as he kept lickin away at his wounds last night.

Clever Tessa~ Yay for chicken wire!!!

I'm starting to think that the gym isn't going to happen until after dinner as I desperately need a nap. I've been nodding off for the past hour here at school, some of the women I look at have been getting a good laugh out of me. Been a long time since I've actually been tired enough for my head to drop, so I'm thinking I'm going to postpone. Added on to that, my student was absent today due to an illness that he has had all week, and two women in my department were also absent due to the same illness, so I'm thinking letting myself get run down right now may not be the best idea...

bandit2
09-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Kim - your pizza sounds super delish, enjoy!

Tonight I have my dinner late since it is my Tops meeting and I don't have time beforehand. Last night I made chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms and red peppers - so just have to nuke it when I get home. Probably have a baked potatoe with that & some veggies, but still quick dinner.

Have a great evening.

Princess1122
09-16-2010, 05:16 PM
Hi Everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Busy here... the stress at work is high right now but I am grateful for every single day that I have a job so I will continue to plow on!

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well! That is a wonderful thing!

Judy: I know how you feel... seems like we keep going around and around... LOL. I have a huge amount of faith in you though that you will get it turned around and heading in the right direction.

Bandit: Good luck tonight with your W/I! Any big plans for the weekend? We are heading to Cinci on Saturday for a b-day party for my BIL - should be fun.

Tessa: No bunnies! That is a wonderful thing! LOL, glad they are gone and that you were able to get someone in to get that all taken care of under your house.

Kim: The pizza sounds wonderful... we love pizza night here too! Making BLT's tonight since I have my TOPS meeting and W/I - Have to do something really quick on Thursdays since I don't get home till after 8 from my meeting and I am usually starving by then... LOL. I sure hope your dog get better... we had ours fixed a about a year or so ago but he just came home and slept, then was back up and at it the next day again...

Peanut: I hope your pup continues to recover from his surgery... How are you doing?

Cherry: How are things going with you these days?

MrsTho: How are things with you?

Live4evr: I remember what it was like to have to study, etc... I went to college very late I was in my very late 30's and worked a full time job the whole time... it was hard so I feel you pain. I hope that you are able to get some sleep. You do go to college now... right... LOL?

Princess1122
09-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Well I just got back from my meeting and go figure... I was down 1.6 lbs... I think their scale is broke... LOL!

Heading to bed now Turtles... have a wonderful evening!

bandit2
09-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - that is great you were down tonight since you thought for sure you would be up. Congrats!

I also had my weigh in and I was down exactly 2# so was thrilled with that.
Just goes to show that staying OP really does work.
So why can't I do that every week? Who knows - I am my own worst enemy with this crazy weight loss thing.

I have a wedding Sat night and am hoping that I can stay somewhat OP throughout the day. It is afternoon ceremony so I have cocktails/munchies between church and dinner. Always something going on to challenge me - but still fun overall.

See ya!

Princess1122
09-17-2010, 06:23 AM
Bandit: A huge congrats to you... that is a fabulous loss! Have a blast this weekend.

peanutt
09-17-2010, 11:11 AM
WTG Princess and Bandit!! :bravo::high:

Happy Friday everyone! I started this morning off with a great workout. I'm using a Biggest Loser DVD with 10 minute segments to ease into the higher intensity workouts. It feels good to get up and moving, even though my body is now tired.

How is everyone else doing?

CherryAutumn
09-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Sorry I have been MIA to.:o We are still getting things finished up with the moving and we didn't have internet yet. My eating has really been thrown off with the moving and then when we got in the new house the fridge broke.:( So we have been eating out and ordering in way more than we should.
Yay for all the losses!

Itryharder
09-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Peanutt, way to get moving! :bravo:

Princess, now this is the weirdest thing ever------but take it and run! LOL
Congrats on your weight loss :goodscale: :bravo: :cheer:

Bandit, good luck at the wedding. Fabulous :goodscale: to you. :cheer:
:cheers: to staying on program and losing even more weight.

I am up another pound. I know I'm eating more than I should, but these gains are from nowhere. I'll work on it again today and I'll be on the boardwalk with dh.

Everybody have a great weekend.
Judy
234.6/193/170's by 9/30 :cool: and impossible. Ugh.

bandit2
09-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Hi everyone & thanks for the congrats! Always nice to get encouragement from all of you.

Today, my dd came home & has a dr appt - so I got to visit with her for awhile. Later this afternoon I am going to make some cabbage rolls & I bought a whole chicken to roast on Sunday - so will have leftovers on hand that should keep me on track. I find that is key - to be prepared.
If I don't have some things pre-made it is too easy to just grab fast food and that is not good.

It is nice & sunny but alittle on the cool side today.

Peanut - nice job on the excercising!

CHerry - I hate moving, it seems to take forever to get organized & finding things is frustrating, so I feel for you. Just try to make each alittle better.

Judy, Judy, Judy - what is going on with you? Most of the time when I am up at the scales I know exactly why - bigger portions, bad choices, extra treats and lack of exercise. But that doesn't seem to be the case with you.
But maybe getting out for your walks will help. Hang in there!

Have a good Friday!

KimL1214
09-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Itryharder~ How was the boardwalk?

CherryAutumn~ Where have you been ordering in from (Italian, Chinese, etc)? I crave Chinese big time!

peanutt~ Awesome job getting your workout in early this morning!!!

bandit2~ Congrats on your loss!!! No, your chicken sounds SUPER delish!!! Do you have a recipe for it or is it something you've thrown together?

Princess1122~ Rocky was much better last night, not nearly as much whining! Congrats on your loss!!!

Super annoyed at my sister for not telling me until 9:30 last night that the bake sale this weekend has been postponed until next weekend. I had already taken this weekend off for THIS weekend... PLUS I spent 3 hours last night making 6 pans of raspberry bars and lemon bars last night... Sooooo I have a ton of evil desserts in my fridge right now, and I'm taking them to my sister and LEAVING them with her. Since I'm staying the weekend, I'll probably have a couple of the bars, but that is MUCH better then eating the whole pan!
My dad was having an "old man" fit last night (what I call it whenever he complains about what is planned for dinner), so I just warmed up some pot roast for him and made myself a pizza. I put a few too many sun-dried tomatoes on the pizza, so it made it a lil salty, but still super YUMMY! I admit to eating half of it, it was probably about the same size as a small pizza, and I have half left, which I'm planning on saving for dinner Sunday night when I get home from my sisters...
Since I will be at my sisters all weekend, I won't be on here at all, soooo everyone have a GREAT OP weekend!!!

Itryharder
09-17-2010, 03:04 PM
hi Guys,
Boardwalk was fabulous. Just on a hunch, I weighed myself before walking and the 1 1/2# I thought I gained went away. Soooooo, I'll keep on with Core, and keep up the walking.
I'll start a new thread asap. You're all the best!
Judy

Itryharder
09-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi Turtles,
Cherry, you'll finish up your moving and unpacking and taking out food and get right back on track! You're doing great even with your challenges. Isn't it great that you can do this? :bravo: :dancer:

KimL, please tell me you're only kidding about the six pans of dessert sitting in your house! Oh my goodness, good plan to get it out of the house. Have a great weekend! I like your attitude. Hey, I saw a Boboli whole wheat crust at my supermarket and after your talk about pizza, I'm thinking seriously of making one up. Sounds yummy and the right time of year.

Okay Turtles, I'm starting a new thread. Meet us all at #239 Bale of Turtles Planning Hard
Judy