Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#230

thinthinker
10-20-2002, 01:24 AM
WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

thinthinker
10-20-2002, 01:26 AM
Hi all! :wave: I just hopped in to see if anyone got to chat today and found myself starting the new thread again. Sorry, but I don't have time to say much else. It's after 1:30 AM here. I just wanted to get caught up with my paperwork before I hit the sack :yawn: so that I could actually have the day off tomorrow! WooHoo!

Hope to see you all then.

LuckyLadyBug
10-20-2002, 09:34 AM
Chatting was so fun....

Thin: I hope your Sunday is relaxing...it sounds like that is the kind of day you need.

LuckyLadyBug
10-20-2002, 09:40 AM
Tina: I tried to find your "tire art" but couldn't....PLEASE post directions here.....thanks. :cloud9:

Grannie39074
10-20-2002, 09:53 AM
Happy Sunday Morning all
Hope all of you are ok today. I really enjoyed chatting last night we must do it again.

QueenB
10-20-2002, 12:03 PM
Ok guys......here is the web address to see my latest Tony room photos. Please check it out if you get a chance. In your search bar, type in tonystewartontrack.com -- If you do not want to sit through the intro music, scroll down and click on "skip intro". Then if you will look to your right........under "The Latest Tony News", look three paragraphs down and you will see "Check out this month's Fan Fanatic Tina Burger! Then click on the little orange words..."view photos" You can click on each individual photo to see a bigger picture. This will show you my lovely "tire art".

Also, would love to chat again with you guys......even though I was dragged away by dh to go watch the movie. I was really looking forward to Monsters Inc., but to be honest, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong.....it was good, just not what I thought it would be.

Well, I'm gonna go for now because I'm at work and we're getting a little busy. Here's a :grouphug: for all my lovelies and I will see you later tonight.

LuckyLadyBug
10-20-2002, 06:18 PM
Tina That is soooo cool!!!!! I love it. See, anything CAN be art!!!!

Got my snow fence up today. Now, I have to get my food ready for tomorrow. Then I have to plan when to exercise. Being healthy is hard work. :lol:

katrinabgood
10-20-2002, 07:17 PM
Tina! Wow! That is some room! Is it a total shrine or actually someone's bedroom? Pretty neat...love the tire!

I got my exercise in this morning...did an Aqua class at the gym. I am usually the youngest one in the class, most are probably in their upper 50s and 60s. There were two men there today, I guess they were the "class clowns." Real annoying. Every little thing the instructor said was turned into some sort of sexually charged remark..."Okay, now PUSH!" chortle, chuckle..."Open your legs WIDE." tee hee hee...They did not let up and were really skeeving me out. Even if you have to be a jerk, do the exercise or let the others do theirs. They were all over the pool and really disturbing me. The other ladies giggled the whole time and thought they were "SO cute!" Ugh. The remarks were stupid and childish, no matter what age they were. Now we ALL know, I am ready, willing and able to laugh at just about anything, but they were really grossing me out. Maybe I'll pass on that group next week...

I have to run, gotta throw some steaks on for my baby before he gets home from work. Make it look like I did something all day, besides sleep. Back to work tonight...:yawn:

See ya'll tomorrow...

MichelleK
10-20-2002, 08:16 PM
Kat I slept today too! I fell asleep on the couch and Andrew fell asleep on the floor. He came over and touched my face gently to wake me up when he got up. He is such a little angel...except I wasn't really ready to get up just yet....but had no choice!! Once John called and said he was on his way home tonight I ran around and picked up toys, put the load of clothes away that I folded and hung and gave the boy a bath and while he was playing in the tub I wiped down the bathroom with those scrubbing bubble bathroom cleaning wipe thingys! I love those things...especially when company is coming! I also threw a load of towels in the wash and vacuumed the livingroom and kitchen! It takes him about 40 minutes to get home plus I made him stop for milk! So I gained an extra 10 minutes there! He thought I cleaned all day! LOL I did clean out Andrew's dresser drawers of his summer clothes today so I could fit his winter stuff! I packed a bag of long pants that are too small for him to give to the twins in his daycare! I also touched up my paper for my english class. I am happy with it now...I just have to write a quick paragraph on why it is an informative essay and not expressive or persuasive! Geeeesh! What the heck does that have to do with an accounting major anyway! Give me money and show me the numbers!

Tina I checked out the room too...pretty nifty! Thats some bright orange walls in there!!

Lucky...exercise huh? I know its the key to weight loss...but I just don't have the time! I have to squeeze in my WATP video when I get a chance. I have to get myself more organized now! School, work, 2 yr old, diet, exercise...phewww....I'm exhausted!

Hi Thin...did you relax all day today???
I still want your job!!

2Cute...are you back home yet? How was your weekend???

I guess I should get my hiney off of here and get my shower and start on the next project for classes. I'm not sure if I need to work on my accounting or my business law...need to check to see who needs the assignment first!

I'll catch up with you all tomorrow!

TTFN Michelle

QueenB
10-21-2002, 12:23 AM
I'm here, but just for a moment..........It is almost 1:00am and I have to get up at 6:00, so I need to get this butt in the bed! I am sooo tired. :faint: Say a big prayer for me because tomorrow is my WI.....not Wisconsin! I will see you then!

Oh look! More smilies!! :bravo: :high: :drill: :crossed: :balloons: :lucky: Woo Hoo! Now if they'd just let us use more!! Have a great night. I love you all!

This is me:

SaraJoy
10-21-2002, 01:17 AM
I'm just popping in for a SECOND before heading to bed. All is good. Hubby and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary today since tomorrow night I have a really important meeting at the Sexual Assault Support Centre (SASC) that I can't miss. We got all dressed up and went out to a swanky Italian place for dinner. I spoiled myself a bit (snuck a bit of my hubby's calamari) and had a nice salmon steak for my main course and a low-fat cappaccino afterwards BUT... I ate sensibly and never for a moment was I off track! :) Hubby's 3rd and 4th presents in our 5 day anniversary celebration were a DVD documentary about Bruce Lee's life and a book of Chinese tangrams. He's getting his last present tomorrow night after SASC! (Kat... I KNOW what you're dying to comment on here. Get your mind outta the gutter!) :joker:

Hey... to read about the earth-shattering thing that happened to me yesterday, take a look at my latest online journal entry!

Tina... Good luck at WI tomorrow! :crossed: I'm so excited to hear the results... you've been doing SO awesome! ;)

*yawn* I've gotta get myself to bed!

TTFN
Sara :)

LuckyLadyBug
10-21-2002, 07:28 AM
Sara: I am :dance: for you!!!!! Let us see a pic of you in your new jacket!!!

katrinabgood
10-21-2002, 08:45 AM
Hey...very cool, Sara! I'm so proud of you! :bravo:

Lucky, this one's for you...:lucky: He looks like he wants to GET Lucky!

This one is me...:tired: Though not quite AS tired with all the exercise I've been doing!

tontoy
10-21-2002, 09:07 AM
Hi everyone!

Sara my husband and I will celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary this Wednesday! Hopefully if we aren't too poor we can go out to dinner that night or it may have to be lunch that day. I can't eat after 7:00 pm I always gain weight or dont loose any at all.

I have really been watching those points on WW. I had my first day yesterday where I actually came in under 31 points. I had been hovering around 38 for the whole week.
Has anyone tried those Smart Ones meals? Are they pretty good?

Tina good luck with your weigh in! I am scaird to get on the scale, because if I dont like what I see, I think I will destroy it!

Michelle, you sound so much like me and my two year old. It is so hard to fit exercise into your life. In order for me to get it in I have to get up at 4:30 am and goto the gym from 5am to 6am come home shower get dressed, drop my daughter off at daycare and get to work by 7:30am leave by 4:30pm on Monday and Wednesday to teach college algebra at the local community college from 6pm - 7:00 pm , get home by 7:30 and give her a bath, read her a book and put her in bed by 8:30 talk to my husband before he leaves for work at 9:00pm - 1:00 am and do it all over again!!

Whew!

Once he is out of school it will be much better, he graduates in February, but some days I just want to do what Marie Osmond did and just drive away!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Duckie25
10-21-2002, 04:52 PM
Where the heck is everyone today, Sara's probalbly at her fitness evaluation, Kat's probably out doing some kind of physical activity:strong: Michelle's starting her new project, or doing laundry, or chasing after Andrew, Sara's out expoloring a whole new world of clothing stores out there to be discovered:chin: Lucky's working in her yard, or doing some other kind of excersise:barbell: Tontoy is planning her romantic 3rd year anniversary plan's,:lucky: And Tina is at the mall getting weighed, were all waiting, good or bad:crossed: Where's the rest of you 2cute, thin, baylee, grannie, and I'm sure I missed some. come out and play:balloons:

Well the weekend didn't go so well, I went to the movie's on Friday night with my mom, we saw Red Dragon, it's alright, not what I was expecting, didn't have no supper before we went, so I had a small bag of popcorn no butter and a diet coke. Not to bad for Friday...... Saturday we spent most of the day at the arena, my son had hockey seminar's, so I had a small plate of fries, no gravy, and a cereal bar. After the arena, we stopped at Kentucky on the way home and I had a classic burger, and onion petals, no fries, For supper I had a bowl of left over spaghetti, and I also had about 4 chocolate stuffed oreo's.......Sunday started out okay, had a bowl of puffed wheat cereal for breakfast, for luch I took my parents out for pizza, I had 4 pieces and for supper I made lazy cabbage rolls, ( cabbage, hamburger, rice, and tomatoe soup) ate way to much of that, and I'm sure I had a couple of oreo's some where in there to and one of the levft over pieces of pizza. Can we say :ink:

I weighed myself on friday and saw that there was no loss so I think that sent me on my little binge, I figured I haven't gotten a loss yet this week might as well enjoy myself and start fresh on monday. I know not the right way to think, so anyway's weighed myself this morning and as I expected I gained 1 pound, better than I though, I was expecting to see at least 4lbs gain, I'm not complaing I know what went wrong and will try harder this week. No jumping on the scale halfway through the week. I got my binge out of my system so I should be good to go for awhile anyhow.:halffull:

Well I think I've rambled on long enough, will give you girls a chance to get back in here, and post,
Ta Ta for now

SaraJoy
10-21-2002, 05:03 PM
Howdy Gang!

Why have there been no posts since Tontoy's almost 8 hours ago, hmmm? You guys have a job to do and that's to keep me outta the kitchen and motivated! :lol:

I just got back from my fitness evaluation at my new gym. All went well and I actually got in a good 20 minutes on the eliptical trainer afterwards.. then WALKED the 35 minutes home as my hubby has the car at work! Tomorrow afternoon I have another meeting to get trained a bit on the areobic machines and weights. I was SO scared to get weighed there for fear of weighing more on their scales than my own; it turns out... I'm 3 pounds LESS according to their scales... 186! BUT... I'm gonna stick with what my scale says (189) because that's the one I've been using all along.

Tonight I'm meeting with my sexual assault group at the hospital and we're being taken through the procedures followed after someone's been assaulted as providing this info (and accompanying survivors) will be part of my job. Should prove to be very informative....

Kat and Lucky... Thanks so much for the congrats! You guys are amazing support for me! I'll get some pictures posted soon although I am still 39 pounds from my goal weight!

Tina... How did WI go today?

Sorry for being so brief in my replies but I've gotta grab some supper and rush out the door to make it to my meeting.

See ya'll later tonight!

thinthinker
10-21-2002, 05:55 PM
Hi everybody! :wave: It's Monday, and what a wonderful day Monday can be when you stay away from all the nasty stuff that's out there calling your name!

I decided that it was Monday and time to try this thing all over.....again......and again......and again. One of these days, I just might get it right.

I had 'bank jobs' to do all day. So I was on the go again. (story of my life) Anyway, I went to WW this morning and was up ^ 1 pound again. So time to re-group.

I had an apple for breakfast. A cafe mocha from Tim Horton's for a mid-morning snack, a Mandarin chicken salad w/reduced fat ranch dressing for lunch, a Tim Horton's cafe mocha for afternoon snack (can you tell I'm addicted?)

I stopped in at Walmart to return water bottles and buy new. My little victory for the day is that I had a bag of those PB cups in my buggy and I ditched it before going through the checkout! WooHoo! I do have to confess that when I got home, I had 3 Reese's PB cups @ 2.5 WW points a piece, but hey, at least I'm counting them.

Honey is due home any time now and #1 son is off to school so maybe I can get some exercise in! Dh wants to get :lucky: so maybe we can help each other out! :D

LuckyLadyBug: I did absolutely NOTHING yesterday! What a slouch I was! DH let me stay in bed until after noon. Then I ate the breakfast that he made. Then I said "I just want to curl up on the couch under my blankie and do nothing all day" and he said "go ahead". What a great guy he is!!!!

Mary: I know this is waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy over due, but I was sorry to hear that your son didn't get that job. You poor thing, still gotta support him! Hope something turns up soon. Ain't it the pitts that he had to waste so much time with one test after another. I think employers think people have nothing better to do.

Tina: I went and saw your room pictures. Even called DH in here to see them. He told me to mention that there's somewhere where you can win (and also buy) tickets to a cruise with Tony. Have you seen it? If not, I'll ask DH exactly where he saw the information.

Katrina: Those guys!!! What POOPS!!!! Sure know how to mess up a good day, don't they? Too bad it will make you stay away. It would make me not want to go back either. (But then, with these thighs, you wouldn't get me there in the first place!) :eek:

Michelle: I'm glad to see you back to posting more regularly. It's good to have you back. When do you find out about the property management position?

Sara: You are just doing sooooo amazing!!! I want some of your resolve to wear off on me. Keep it up, kiddo! I can't wait to see some new pics. I have a hutch on my computer desk and when anyone here has posted a pic, I've printed it and I have all my cyber buddies pasted on the door. Can't wait to put the 'new you' up there.

Tontoy: It sounds like you and hubby need some rendevous time. What a schedule you keep! Geez, I thought my life was busy!

Duckie: I can't help but love your new avatar. It looks great. Just keep it posted above your computer, on the fridge, bathroom mirror, anyplace that will keep you from eating and remind you of what you can look like with just a little effort.

I've been gone so long that I know I owe a whole lot more replies, but it would just take too long to plow through all the old threads where I've been mostly AWOL, so please bear with me as I try to ease back into this thing.

Here are my generic personal replies:

If you've lost weight: Congrats! Keep up the good work! :bravo:

If you've gained weight: Keep your chin up. This too will pass and we will once again be on the road to thin! :nono:

If you've had good things happen in your life: I celebrate with you! :balloons:

If you've had pain and sorrow: I send you a [[[[[hug]]]]]. :grouphug:

And if you are shrinking into another size clothing: I hate you!!!
Argh! Oops, just kidding, it slipped out! :tape:

Oooooo, I hear the garage door opening. You know where I'll be. :o See ya.

2cute2Bfat
10-21-2002, 06:33 PM
I'm here. This weekend I had a wedding and company here all weekend. The wedding was for a friend.. not family.
The company was family for the wedding. :dizzy:

Wish I had time to post.. but unfortunately I don't now.
I will try to return soon. :wave:

QueenB
10-21-2002, 08:17 PM
to report after WI. (not Wisconsin) :s: I was kinda agrivated and I know this is stupid. I lost 2.9. 2.9 during my TOM. So, I'll not complain. Ok, just a little. :lol: No, I won't. You know why, because I came home and went into my kitchen & picked up a brand new 3 lb. tub of butter and said, "Hmm, this is what I lost." Not too bad, huh? :chin: I feel really crappy today though, so I won't be here for long. You know.........the back hurts......stomach hurts........I feel like I weigh 400 pounds......and I am mean as the dickens!! :yikes: hehe....gotta love PMS.

2cute: Come back sweetie. We all need your wisdom! Glad you had a nice weekend, although somewhat confusing.

Thin: Gee.........how nice it was to see that long post from you. I sure have been missing you my friend. Tell your dh that I appreciate the "heads up". Do you even know how many times I have sent in my name to win the cruise with Tony?! Once a day. That's the limit. :smug:

SaraJoy: Good for you on the physical evaluation. I am still just a little to scared for that now. They'd get out the "fat o meter" and it would be off the charts! Thanks for the inspiration though. I will use it one day.

Duckie: Sorry you had a rough weekend my friend, but you know.......I'm gonna beat you in the race! (just kidding) Come on girl.........see that hand? That's me. The binge is over. Time to get back on track and don't look back. I'm here for you.

tontoy: Congrats on the 3 year anniversary.....that's awesome! Me and the ol' dh will be celebrating our 15th anniversary next month. Gee......that's a long time. Wonder if the 15th anniversary is the big and tasty one? :lol: Don't worry about that ol' scale. Remember: Your weight is nothing more than the number on your scale and refuse to be judged by a number. You can do it girl!

Well, I know I've left some out and I'm sorry, but I'm really feeling bad and I've got to get out of this chair.......... To Lucky, Kat, Michelle, Steph, Mary and whoever else I'm sure I'm missing. I love you guys and hope your all doing well. See you guys tomorrow. :grouphug:

SaraJoy
10-22-2002, 12:15 AM
Okay, I'm heading off to bed in like TWO seconds but I wanted to say to TINA... CONGRATULATIONS on 2.9 pounds lost WHILE TOM WAS VISITING! That's fantastic! You're on your way down and you'll NEVER have to see those 2.9 pounds again!

Thin... I love your idea about printing out people's pictures so you can remember what we all look like! I'll post another pic shortly... IN MY NEW JACKET!

Oh! That reminds me. Don't forget I'm still collecting people's mailing addresses for our Christmas Card Exchange. If you haven't already done so (and wish to take part), PM me with your address. In Mid-November I'll PM everyone on my list with the addresses of everyone else... and then we'll all have so much fun getting cards from one another! :)

AHHH! I was just about to sign-off when I remembered I hadn't updated you guys on the final day of our Anniversary Blowout! :) I know you guys are just biting your nails in anticipation! :lol: For my last gift, present number five, I got Reg a really stylish sweater and it fits him perfectly! Okay... here's what he got me (all at once because the one present each day was MY surprise for him...):

-2 stylish chains and pendents (inexpensive but REALLY stylishy-funky)
-A VERY comfy pair of slippers that match my PJ's (his favorite silky pair of mine) :o
-A very tall, large crystal vase to hold decorative bamboo shoots
-AND, a gift certificate for a SPA MANICURE AND SPA PEDICURE!

Isn't my hubby fantastic?! I love ALL the presents he got! I THINK I may use the Spa Package as a weight loss reward... maybe when I get into the 170's (another 9 or 10 pounds down)! It would be a guilt-free reward (moneywise) cause it's already all paid for!

Okay. Bedtime! See all you lovelies later!

2cute2Bfat
10-22-2002, 01:38 AM
just testing my download file for cute pics... sorry. :p

I can't find them in my files... and checking to see if they are here lurking somewhere... :lol:

I am back again editing... it won't let me post a picture that has been posted by someone else. Grrrrr
What if I "need" that picture to tell a story. LOL They are sooo picky. :mad:

katrinabgood
10-22-2002, 08:50 AM
Hey...good morning one and all!

I'm on my way out of here...off to Curves and then I think I will take the 10:00 step class at the gym. I need to get measured at Curves, but they're still all caught up in their grand opening stuff, they haven't gotten around to me. That's OK, gives me more time to lose more inches. :lol:

Some quickie replies and I'm outta here...

Way to go, Tina!
Nice gifts, Sara!
Good to hear from you Thin!
Come back, 2cute!
No loss is better than a gain, Duckie!
All caught up on assignments, Michelle?
Are you journaling, Lucky?
Take a breather, tontoy!
Where are you, Baylee, Mary, J-ann, Steph???
Hope I didn't miss anyone...gotta run.

Have a great day, chickies!

tontoy
10-22-2002, 10:12 AM
Hello Ladies,

You are right Katrina I do need to take a breather! I am so stressed out, I should be a size 6, but I eat when I am stressed.
Money is tight and it seems that it will never get any better. But I am committed to this weight loss struggle! I will weigh myself tomorrow, and I better had lost some weight!

I have been working really hard and staying within my points. I have such a long way to go I would love to get down to 220 by Christmas. That would be a 24 pound loss. I know I can do it! You girls are great encouragment, I love reading your posts everyday.

Tina I hope my husband and I make it to 15 years! In todays day that is like a golden anniversary. People dont stay together anymore like they used to.

Everybody have a good day.

MichelleK
10-22-2002, 01:47 PM
Good afternoon everyone! This is gonna be a quickie for me...I have so much to do....

Not even close to catching up on assignments! I need to stay ahead of the game so I don't lag behind! School officially starts on Friday. This college starts a new semester every month on the first but because of the holidays it starts on the 25th for NOvember.

I officially restarted my healthy eating today. I did eat healthy yesterday until we went to dinner at some friend's house. I thought they were going to cook dinner but we ended up ordering out and I hate half a cheesesteak with mushrooms and fried onions and shared some fries with Andrew. All in all it wasn't half bad because I had tons of points saved up from yesterday. Today I have only used 12 points so far. I am going to cook a healthy dinner so I should be fine and be able to bank points since I have SO MANY!!

Tina big CONGRATS ON THE 2.9 LBS GONE FOREVER!

Tontoy I didn't know you had a 2 year old or did I? Brainfreeze here! I know Susie has a youngun' too...maybe thats why she hasn't been posting for awhile...they sure do keep us busy! I am surprised too that I am NOT A SIZE 6....he keeps me hoppin' all the time! Is your's a boy or a girl?

Kat that was some quickie post...and you included everyone too! You are soooo good! I am so lax these days!!

2Cute don't you hate that when that happens?

Sara I can't wait for the Christmas card exchange...I think everyone should include a picture of them and or their family! Wouldn't that be neat!!

Thin I was suppose to find out about the job on Monday but I guess since I didn't hear anything I didn't get it! That must mean something better is coming along!!

Duckie I start out a day really well then sometimes by night I pig out like that too! Sometimes you just have to get it out of your system then move forward. If you just keep looking forward you will eventually make it to the bitter end! Just don't give up!

Lucky do you have snow yet?

Mary where you be??

Who else is missing here? Hummm.....

Ok enough said for now! Gotta go hit the books!

TTFN Michelle

Angelbaby
10-22-2002, 02:22 PM
I need and want to lose weight. I am at home because of an injury at work I can;t do much in exercising. I weigh 250 lbs and really, really want to lose this weight. I feel like I grew another person and I want to get rid of this other person. I am tired all the time and I love to eat. This is not helping being home all the time and that is why I want to eat. Can anyone help me out I do not want to gain anymore weight I am depressed all the time and I want to lose this weight for myself to look good and to fell alot better. Any suggestions will be helpful or a diet buddy or someone in the area will I live that would like to chat and exercise with. I will do anything to lose weight. My goal right now is to get to 200 lbs than from there I will determine my goal by the way I feel and look. Help me please, I need help. Thanks

2cute2Bfat
10-22-2002, 05:07 PM
I don't have time to reply to everyone... but I have to welcome Angelbaby !!! WELCOME !!!!!

This is a great group of women. Come here everyday... many times a day ... and you will get encouragement, ideas, entertainment, and best of all ..... "UNconditional LOVE". :love:

I think I like "unconditional acceptance" as a bettter term.
I have a problem with the word "love".... BUt that is a whole other story. :lol:
I have typed and retyped from here a dozen times... can't seem to find the right words... so I am giving up trying for now. I guess I am just too rushed to be able to think. LOL

Got to run... sorry. :(

MichelleK
10-22-2002, 05:09 PM
Rebecca what part of West Virginia are you in? I have a cousin who lives in Weirton which is about an hour from Pittsburgh, PA.

Dont get discouraged...you can join in our little group here and you will get all the support you need! You can whine, cry, smile, laugh, jump up and down and these gals will be here for you! We are all in this together!! SOmetimes if you really want we can kick butt too!! I always need mine kicked! So post again and tell us a little about yourself!

Gotta go check the grill...I is a cooking a pork tendorloin! Yummy!

katrinabgood
10-22-2002, 07:53 PM
Just popping in to say my daughter and I were just watching "Seinfeld" when a commercial for the BIG & TASTY menu at McDonalds came on. I just started to laugh out loud...my daughter just looked at me like, "what the heck is so funny??" You wouldn't want to know, I told her, giggling all the way in here.

Just had to share...

Welcome, Angelbaby!

I'm off to beddy bye...see you tomorrow!

SaraJoy
10-23-2002, 12:25 AM
Boy... I had a really full day today and I feel great about it. I woke up, drove hubby to work, drove to some homeschoolers' house and taught a few piano lessons, went shopping for some workout clothes, went grocery shopping, came home, had a light, healthy lunch, drove to gym, spent an hour there working out and learning to use some of the weight equipment, drove home, changed the beds, did the laundry, taught some more lessons, went and picked hubby up from work, came home, taught some more lessons, made dinner, ate dinner, cleaned up dinner and had a friend over for coffee this evening!

Did everyone get that?! There will be a test later! :lol:

So yeah, the gym is going GREAT. I have an another appointment tomorrow afternoon to learn a bit more about the weight circuit and stuff (plus I've worked out AFTER my appointments for the last 2 days). My goal is to eventually be their "Feature Member of the Month" with before and after pics! :lol:

Whoosh... I'm really blabbery today! I'll put my blabbering to good use by doing replies!

Rebecca... Welcome to our thread! I agree wholeheartedly with everything Michelle said. You've come to the right place for motivation, friendship and support. My advice to any newbie is to post daily and BE ACCOUNTABLE to your online friends! It's therapeutic to your diet efforts! These great gals have helped me lose more than 80 pounds!

Michelle... Congratulations on not letting a little slip up be an excuse to REALLY slip up! It's all about committment in the long run, huh? :) I'm really looking forward to the Christmas Card Exchange too! Anyone else wanting to be involved get those mailing addresses PM-ed to me!

Tontoy... I definitely think that 24 pounds by Christmas is do-able!It'll be a great Christmas present to yourself to be able to say "I'm SO glad I started when I did!" Remember ladies, :drill: A Year From Now You'll Wish You Had Started Today! :) I guess as it stands right now, my Christmas goal is to be in the high 160's... 20 more pounds (or less... WI is tomorrow/Wednesday) and I'll be there! _I'M_ so glad I started when I did!

Kat... I think you've been a big inspiration to me in the fitness department lately. You really made me get UP off my backsliding butt (when it comes to exercising) and GET OUT THERE AND JOIN A GYM! SO... thank you. :)

Okay... time to sleep; I'm pooped!

Grannie39074
10-23-2002, 07:44 AM
Good Morning chickies
Welcome Rebecca this is a great group.
The quilting bee went great yesterday everybody loved it.

I made soup and chicken salad sandwiches.

Well I better scoot

tontoy
10-23-2002, 09:15 AM
Hello Ladies!

Well today was weigh in day and I lost another two pounds. I am now at 240 pounds. I am happy that I am loosing weight but I am also scaird. I cant explain it, I just don't want to be heavy anymore. I want to keep loosing so bad, and if I dont loose another two pounds next week, then I will be so upset about it. I have been working hard and eating a lot better, I know it is in my control, but it is still scary sometimes.

I cant wait to get into the 220's I haven't been there in three years. I weighed 222 when I got married and today is my wedding anniversary. My husband and I are poor but he got me some beautiful flowers, a cake (which I will eat only one piece) and a card. He is a really sweet guy.

I hope everyone else is loosing!

Have a great day.

2cute2Bfat
10-23-2002, 09:44 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TONTOY !!!!!
How many years have you been married.??

My goal weight is 222... my dream is 185. I guess I better get busy if I am ever going to reach either.
Please don't put so much pressure on yourself to lose 2 lbs every week. It is just a fact that some weeks will be better than others. Just because you don't lose 2 lbs every week doesn't mean you won't reach your goal. Just hang in there no matter what the scale says... and you WILL reach those 220's.

Okay... I am headed out the door for Missouri again. Just for the day today. Have a great day.

bobsgal
10-23-2002, 09:50 AM
Hey everyone! Welcome Angel! Well I am finally over my cold and ready to start exercising again. What a difference exercise makes. This past week I've felt so sluggish without my exercise. Eating hasn't been so great either, but as of today, I'm back on track. Tina-congrats on the 2.9 lb loss, especially during TOM. I was looking at your stats and noticed that once you lose another 3 lbs your weight will start with a 2. You go girl. All your hard work is paying off. Tontoy-congrats on your loss as well. Oops, someone's at the door. Gotta go. I'll try to pop back in later.
Steph

j-ann
10-23-2002, 12:06 PM
Hi Ladies!

Well, I think I'm feeling better. I'm down to just an irritating cough.:s:

I'm really working on my mental state.:twirly: I've been pretty good but I've still got a ways to go to get back OP. I've decided to give up on the weight training for a bit. It was something I really wanted to try but it's getting me down because I can do so little. I'm going to try to work on it at home but I found myself going from the gym to the nearest :cookie: shop when I got done.

Have I ever told you I EAT WHEN I"M STRESSED AND/OR DEPRESSED ? :lol:

I've got to get out and do more things. :dance: I've been spending to much time at home feeling sorry for myself. (I don't have any reason to feel sorry for myself ... I'm healthy, I have wonderful friends, I have a bit of disposable income.) So this week I'm going to meet a friend for dinner one night, take a friend (or go by myself) to the movies, and visit the brand new, first in the area, Target that's just opened. I'm putting the note back in the car to remind myself that I don't need to be Burger Kings sole support either!

I'm going to try to get back to respond to your posts later. Off to find a nice salad for lunch.:balloons:

SaraJoy
10-23-2002, 12:36 PM
Hey my lovely chickies!

This is gonna be BRIEF; I've gotta get myself ready to go to the gym! Just posting to let you know I updated my journal because of Weigh-In Wednesday! Take a peek if ya wish... a total of 3 pounds down this week!

Tontoy... Congratulations on your 3rd anniversary AND your 2 pounds down! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Howdy to everyone else! Gotta scoot!

QueenB
10-23-2002, 01:56 PM
DO NOT POST HERE! Instead, come and join us and all our friends at 300+ And Ready to Try Again......#231!