Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #1  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Question Does anyone else wear Maurices jeans?

Next weekend I'll have some extra money, and I DESPERATELY need to go shopping. I hate to buy too much clothing on the journey down because it feels like a waste of money. However, the last jeans I bought were from Maurices-- from their plus size collection--a size 16. I am literally swimming in them. I had to make a new hole in my belt, and even with my belt on tight they're falling off. Needless to say, I can't wait any longer. I look sloppy, and really, all it's doing is making me look bigger than I am.
I used to have a beautifully flat stomach, even though I've I've always been hippy and had bigger thighs. Since I had my twins 4 1/2 years ago and so much weight during and after pregnancy, my stomach is obviously much different. :/ To say the least. I've lost 60 pounds and over 60 inches off my body, but my darn stomach is such a pain. Looking at Maurices size charts, I would wear a 9/10 REGULAR size jeans on my hips...but a PLUs size 18 with my waist measurement. Anyone else really incongruent? Obviously with lower-waisted pants this isn't as much of a problem, as evidenced by my too big 16s...but it's still weird. I wonder if I buy the plus sized 14 to accommodate my waist if they'll be too big on my hips and baggy in the butt?? I wish there was a wider variety in sizes! Guess I'll just have to try them on next week...but of course, after a few hours of wear jeans really feel and look different. Do you think I should get a slightly tighter fit to possibly avoid baggy-butt syndrome???
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.0/186.0/140

Height: 5"6"

I love Maurice's jeans! I have always been once to buy "cheap" jeans. Guess its something that my mother instilled in my head when I was young. Something about not needing a brand name on them to be good.......can't remember all of it, I have recently blocked it from my memory ;-). Anyway, next time you go shopping, check out the "Silver" jeans at Maurices. They come in actual measurements, so might be easier to fit you. I have two pair now and LOVE them....I can tell you however to get them rather snug as they do stretch as you wear them. Not as bad as some others. They hold up well and I am hooked.
HAPPY SHOPPING!
Peaches5577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #3  
Kicking the soda habit

S/C/G: 214/204/165

Height: 6'0"

I also struggle with spending too much money on clothes that will (hopefully) be too big for me in a couple of months. This is why I love Maurices jeans. I'm 6' tall and it's incredibly difficult to find pants that fit without having to have them altered/custom-made. They're all $29 (possibly cheaper with the school sales now) and the longs always fit me well and hold up after many washes.

They have several different cuts- I recently bought the Morgan Boot and the Taylor Boot and they fit the best on me. But, I'm very pear-shaped. I have a smaller waist, but carry all my weight in my hips and thighs- so you may want to try on several styles. I do think their sizes run a little large. I usually wear a 16-18, but can fit into Maurice's 14's.

Good luck and happy shopping!
GreenTeaYum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/181/145

Height: 5'3"

I like the maruices jeans. I actually have the opposite problem that my waist is way smaller than my hips and thighs so I feel your pain!
ducktape54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/218/145

Height: 5'2

I buy the Silver jeans at Maurices, and sometimes the Vigoss brand they carry. They also carry Hydraulics. The Silvers are my favorite, I have way more pairs than I should. They cost a bit more than the Maurices brand but they last a long time and are a little more stylish.
The Maurices brand are really baggy in the butt area for me! Doesn't help that I don't have much going on back there lol
ecsoccermom29 is offline   Reply With Quote