Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #1  
Amazing will be me

Angry What a guttner :( urgh i cud scream

After losing 13lbs judging from my current scales which are manual. I have just slpashed out on some Soehnle scales and i step on them and according to them i havent budged a 1lb.

I started at 17.4 and now im 16.5 on my current scales ............but not on my new Digital ones.
I feel soooo cheated, but i know i have lost weight as my shape is slowly changing, ive lost off my belly and hips and my face and boobs .

How can digital and manual be out sooo much.

Should i just scrap and start again with my digital ones?
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #2  

Height: 5'3

No worries.

If you had owned those scales back in April they would have shown you that you were 17lbs heavier then your other scale, sad but maybe closer to the truth. The difference between x where you were and y where you are now has not changed. You said yourself you can see the difference in your clothes. So just move forward from here.

O and my digital scales never measured correctly on my mosaic tile floor in bathroom so I kept them in the kitchen on a flatter floor. Actually when you think about it the kitchen is where we should all keep our scales- right in front of the fridge.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #3  
Amazing will be me

Its so frustrating now im showning 17.2 on the scales 10lbs heavier than my other scales ive weighed in 3 different places in my house and it all says the same so the digital must be accurate. My manual ones are only about 5 month old but have been really bad to use from day one with the needle moving everywhere it got to the point my BF had to take a photo of the reading While i stood as still as i could. I really dont know how to view things .....but i really cant believe i could have been 10lbs heavier as id been weighed at my doctors also. I am going to have to scrap and start again and get weighed in the morning and compare exactly what the differance is between the scales and work out from there.
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #4  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bees View Post
Actually when you think about it the kitchen is where we should all keep our scales- right in front of the fridge.
HA HA! I'm going to try this! I live alone, so no one cares how wacky I am. If I can just keep my (enormous) dog from stepping on it during her constant kitchen patrols.
JayZeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #5  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Aww I had this happen to me as well so I know how you feel. After I lost the first 13 pounds I figured I deserved a nice digital scale. When I first weighed, I was 12 pounds heavier than my manual scale. It was like I didn't lose anything at all even though I know I did I actually took the scale back thinking it was broken. When I brought the second new scale home it said the same heavier weight. It was discouraging but I went with the new number. Remember that a scale is not the holy grail of weight loss, its only a tool to keep track. Please don't discount your accomplishments. You have came so far already. I would go with the new number but set your original weight 10 pounds heavier so your ticker still shows your loss.
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote