Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W. Halloween Challenge Week 1 and Invitation.

jcatron243
09-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Today is the first day of our new challenge~Halloween.

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back

jcatron243
09-06-2010, 11:16 AM
:wave:

I'm Jeni. I've got 2 kiddos and a DH. I work weird shifts and I have put on at least 10 pounds since June. Today I am going to get my stuff back to gether and get back down to where I want to be. I have my challenges, but I will pull myself back together.

W~I always drink 64-100 oz of water depending on my schedule.

E~I like to fancy myself a runner. Its my main cardio workout. Although I do LOVE the AMT at the gym. My normal workout routine is 35 cardio 10 row 15 weights. Unfortunately because of a shoulder injury my workouts will have to be redone. I am thinking recumbant bikean elliptical, but I have to get the go ahead from my physical therapist.

E~I calorie count. although I havev't at all this summer (hence the weight gain.) It works for me so I will be back at it.

D~My life will be getting crazy soon. So my main goal will be taking some me time. I have given that up and it has shown in my mood.

Everlasting
09-06-2010, 12:15 PM
I saw your challenges before and was always in the middle of one, so I want to join in this time. I'm Chris, and right now my only commitments are school and work! Graduating in December and have a job lined up to be an aupair in possibly Spain. Want to keep my weight moving down and incorporating lifestyle changes so if I end up somewhere without as much support/opportunity to track calories/gym, etc... it's just become part of my life. Plus I want to enjoy myself and not have to worry about being so fat and unhealthy anymore!

W- I've been off track on this and really need to work on it. I want to get back to drinking at least 100oz a day.

E- I'm a runner too. I just finished my first half marathon this weekend and I want to continue running 3-4 times a week. I also do a strength circuit routine 3 days a week for about 45 minutes. Swimming class 2x a week. And zumba whenever I can fit it in. I'm also a bellydancer, and my groups for that meet 2x a week, and I practice on my own when I can.

E- I count calories and try not to go over 1500-1600 a day, though I'm not always stringent on that depending on how much exercise I've done. Mostly I try to not put processed/sugary foods into my body, so when I do happen to go over (a lot of times I'm more around the 1300 range), it's all in whole foods, lean meats, etc.

D- I need to keep on top of things. I have a busy schedule with it being my last semester between classes, labs, research, and also living in the women's ministry house for my campus there are a lot of unplanned events that get thrown into the day... meeting with freshman, random people coming over, extra jobs added in. I need to keep on top of my assignments and research. I wrote my gym time and fitness classes into my schedule that's hanging on the wall so that it wouldn't be a trivial thing that I put aside when people are asking me to do other things.

mtiger
09-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Well I am here. It has been really weird around here. I feel like a slug. It has been cold, nothing much happening on the weight loss front. I was hoping to get to a new low after TOM this time but that didn't happen. 174ish, I did see 173.2 though.

I am kind of in a difficult frame of mind. Some of you probably know my story about the ex-husband that lives with me. Well it is not the kind of relationship I really want and have been trying to figure out what to do about it. I kind of want him to move on and there is an opportunity for that to happen. He has been offered work in NC. Kind of a long ways away, not exactly what I had in mind. He wouldn't be around to fall back on if he goes.

He really doesn't want to. I mean why would he. He is unemployed and gives me almost all his $$$. I am responsible for everything around here. He can watch tv, play on the computer and have all needs met. Good for him, not so much for me. I think I want him to go but I am a little freaked out by it. I have never been totally on my own. There has always been him or children. Needless to say my emotions and thoughts are all over the board and consuming all my time.

Good time to try and get my life back together on all fronts. I start school with children back tomorrow, new weight loss challenge starting here, girls at work want to start working out. Time for Mindy to get it together. Wish me luck.

Shari, Kris...don't leave me girls. I am going to make a real effort to post here once a day, even if it is brief. I hope to see you 2 also.

jcatron243
09-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Chris :welcome: To W.O.W!!! I cant wait to get to know you.

Mindy~I'm here for you! This summer has been horrible for me weight loss wise. I never did find a way to workout while mak was in swim team. Now, its about to start up again. Even crazier life, but I am totally unhappy with my weight gain this summer. I hope my PT will let me work out.

Today hasn't been bad at all. Not the greatest since I have been stuck inside, but food hasn't been bad at all.

Nixmom
09-07-2010, 12:52 AM
because I got sucked into a Home Depot commercial and decided to paint my friggin house. Been on my feet all day, only to break for a piece of pizza or BEER. So its late but I am ready to commit again... so Halloween it is!

I'm Kris, a semi-regular (except for 2010) weeder I guess. Crap, do I even get to have that title? Anywho, 4 kids 21/10/8/5 and 1 adoring hubby. Work a lovely gov't job, own a company with hubby, been fat for a decade. Battling smoking (so on and off with this that I get dizzy trying to keep up with myself). But I LOVE THESE WEED GIRLS! And yes I am back in this challenge!

Mindy... my girl. You should have some old IM's you should go revisit. Embrace freedom sister! Still here for ya too.

Jen... you are our rock aren't ya! You just never quit. LOVE IT. Going to need a lot of your determination.

Shari, Mavie, popcorn, emiloots..... Cant wait to catch up chicks! Chris... welcome aboard!

Okay ladies. Starting Weight 199.2 Goal Weight for challenge 182.2.

My WEED for the week:
W: 64+ daily
E: 2 dog walks, lots of house painting after work.
E: Bootcamp diet
D: You can either stop behaving negatively, or start behaving positively.

Night girls!

rdw1
09-07-2010, 01:57 AM
Hi ladies! Looks like a fun group ... my name is Rikki and I'm so in for this challenge. I would like to be 195 by halloween. Wi this morning@ 211.8. That's almost 17lbs but I think I can do it!
w-64oz...need to work on this one!
e- this one needs a lot of work too! Goal os to do 30 minutes of SOMETHING very physical 5 days per week.
e-McDougalling gluten-free...
d-be positive and give myself some positive self reinforcement daily!

jcatron243
09-07-2010, 06:30 AM
Kris, :hug: Yes I quit, then I do things like gain 10 pounds in 3 months and hate it and come back. I'm glad you are back again!

Rikki :welcome2: I'm glad you are joining our group.

Working today, which stinks because its Maks first day of 2nd grade. She is nervous and excited. Tommy doesn't start preschool till next week.

W 80 oz
E extra laps if I can
E 1500 cals
D have a good day at work.

mothermavis
09-07-2010, 06:47 AM
Whew, glad that's over, fresh start!!

I am Mavis, 44, mother of 2- both away at college, wife to a fabulous man. 2 jobs, 2 dogs, including a beast of a puppy who is presently learning his manners (begrudgingly) but you can't have a 130 lb dog without manners.

I am going to keep low carbing but add in CC now for the next challenge.

Started last around 158 and thought I ended around 155, although this morning scale is back up to 158 so maybe no gain/loss at all! Bout 7 weeks to Halloween, going for broke, unlikely to get there, but hey, if I don't try, my chances are worse. 139 here I come!!

W 100
E Running after work
E POP
D Suck it up and move on

spingirl9
09-07-2010, 06:56 AM
Hi ladies,

Oooh, count me in! I am new to the board and this seems like a great place to get motivated. I'd like to lose five pounds by Halloween. I am a calorie counter (it works for me), so my goals are pretty calorie-focused.

Here are my goals:
W: 64 ounces each day
E: At least 500 calories burned 5 x per week
E: -400-600 calories below maintenance per day, with one planned "eat to maintenance" day each week
D: A max of one snack per day (outside of my four daily mini-meals on weekdays and two/three meals on weekends)

Zinger
09-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Hi JCAt, Nixmom, mothermavis, rdw, Mindy (hang in there!), everlast and Spingirl.. !!!

I'm Zinger - i have a full time job, two kiddos, a husband and I'm a full time college student, finishing my degree online. I stay pretty busy, but somehow seem to always be doing things for others. Weight loss is a commitment to myself! I look forward to getting to know you all through this chat.

I have been neglecting my water, so that is the primary reason I'm holding steady at my current weight (I think) I've kept my calories low, and I've been getting excercise, so I'm trying to GO THE DISTANCE by adding more water every day!

So - here are my weed commitments
W - Water, water, water... My goal is for 64oz a day.
E - I am going to take a walk, ride my bike or get some indoor excercise every morning after the school bus comes, and before I go to work. This seems to be the best time.
E - Eat - I am a former WW'r so I'm going to count points again. My goal is to keep a point journal, and write it all down again.
D - I am going to "Go The Distance" meaning not give up!

rdw1
09-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Good Morning ladies- I jumped in from my phone last night so I decided I would tell ya a lil more about me now that I am at my laptop! I am 28(but will swear to 21!). Married to a wonderful man, 6 furry kids(2 Big Dogs and 4 cats) yes, I should probably live on a farm! Right now I am awaiting my return to work-I live in Nashville and lost my job(I am a stylist) to the great flood in May. I should be returning to work October 15-In the meantime I have been doing home improvement projects to keep me busy! FUN! lol(most of the time anyway)

Is this something we do daily??

W-Water! 64oz no less!!!

E-I will get at least 30 minutes of sweat time in today(and not by a pool ;0))

E-McDougalling, will eat less than 10g fat today

D-At least look into starting my backsplash myself!

mtiger
09-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Quick hit. First day of school went well. I did bring home some work, just labeling stuff. Still need to workout. No word on the ex and our future yet. I'll let ya know when i hear something,.

jcatron243
09-07-2010, 08:56 PM
:welcome: spin and zinger.

Today was a good day. I think I may head over for a quick bike ride. since I cant really do anything else. I think my weight is up because of my meds. I'm sorry but there is no way I am up 6 pounds. (my scale said 152, I haven't been 151 in 2 years). Anyway I'm not worrying about the weight, I just want to get back to working out. So my goal for this challenge is to work out at least 30 minutes in some way, 7 days a week. I am going to be back to the 130's by my birthday. (Jan 14)

So far
W~56 oz
E~none
E~950 cals
D Work was good

emiloots
09-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Hey Ladies -

Looks like I'm last to the party! For anyone new, I'm Emily - 30 yrs old, I work full-time and have two boys Connor & Desmond (almost 4 and 20 months). My DH works a lot, and travels on a semi-frequent basis so you'll hear me complaining every now and then about it :) I started off the last challenge at 168 (I think) got down to 162 and poof over the weekend I'm back up to 166. I'm hoping it's mostly water from eating off plan for the holiday.

Jeni - my birthday is Jan 6th! Hmm, I'd love to be in the 130's by then (we can have a side challenge!) You can do it!

Mindy - hope you get it all figured out soon - sounds like you need a change and maybe your ex moving away is what you both need. Sometimes the things and people that are 'familiar' and 'comfortable' hold us back, maybe this will give you a fresh start.

To everyone else hi and Welcome! Tomorrow is a new day - I just need to pick a plan, system - whatever you want to call it and stick to it!

W - 64+ (really been slacking on this lately!)
E - P90X, walking now that the weather is cooling
E - on plan
D - figure out how we can afford another baby (aka stick to the budget!), paint the downstairs, do a little reading each night

PopcornGal
09-07-2010, 10:12 PM
I am right behind you Emily. I was out of town at an agility trial this weekend and then today was crazy at work. So I start my daily WEED tomorrow.

I am a 46 year old yo-yo dieter. I am a married empty nester with two grown sons living in California. We have a dog that is like our "surrogate child". The dog is my exercise buddy when my husband is working. I also train the dog quite a bit as we do dog sports so you will see that often in my Daily goal.

I just finished the 30 Day Shred. I didn't see a lot of weight loss but I think my clothes are fitting better.

I would like to have another 10 lbs off by Halloween. I lost 13 lbs on the Labor Day challenge.

Welcome to all the new people. I really like this group.

I will see you in the morning with a new WEED.

jcatron243
09-07-2010, 10:29 PM
(just poppin in to say I got my 35 minutes in today, it was very very light on the elliptical, barely 2.5 miles)

KimL1214
09-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Hey ladies, I'm still around!

Been super busy but still keepin on!

9/8 WEED

W~ 100oz H20
E~ 60 minute walk minimum
E~ Stay w/in WW points
D~ Plan out meals for next day and start grocery list for next week

SeaWave
09-08-2010, 04:54 AM
I'm in! I'll be 49 soon, have a 16 yo son, and the most wonderful husband in the world (for the past 22 years!) Cancer has hit me a couple of times. The years it took doctors to determine I had thyroid cancer played a big part in my weight gain. And just when I was getting back on track, I got breast cancer. I've done chemo (Jan-June), a bilateral mastectomy (July) and will be doing radiation therapy (rads - later Sept/Oct). That being said, my doctor has finally ok'd me being 'a bit' more active. My current goals are to adopt better lifestyle habits (until I can be more aggressive with my exercise). I've never noticed this WEED thread before, but it sounds like fun! I hope it's ok if my Exercise goals are a little less impressive than yours!

W - 64 oz
E - Increase activity daily
E - follow menu
D - music really motivates me, so take advantage of that!

mothermavis
09-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Welcome Sea Wave, of course it's ok. We are glad you're here. Best wishes to you in your fight.

Lots of new faces, that is awesome!! Hope you all stick around for a bit.
:wave: Hi Kim !

W 100
E Not sure, I did not get my run in last night, had horrible stomach cramps for a couple hours before I got out of work, no way I could run. Going to go jump on the elliptical this am and maybe run after work tonight. I have an appt at 5 so will depend on how long that takes
E OP
D One step at a time

jcatron243
09-08-2010, 11:38 AM
Seawave :welcome: You are so strong!

Kim: :hug: glad to see you again

MM~I hope you are feeling better.

Popcorn~You did awsome last challenge!!! Good for you

:wave: Hi Emily! How are the boys?

Mindy, First day of school and homework for the teacher?? Makenna didn't have a ton, but I know it will get more and more.

I'm actually feeling ok this morning. My shoulder only is twinging. I hope that means my workout is going to be good this morning. I still cant over do it, I cant wait until I can talk to my therapist today to see what sorts of exercises if any I can do on my own at the Y. I really want this dang muscle to heal quickly.

W 100 oz
E 45 minutes of cardio
E 1500 cals
D gym, laundry, physical therapy,

KimL1214
09-08-2010, 11:47 AM
jcatron243~ I HATE pulled/strained muscles!!! Good luck, and I hope it heals quick!

mothermavis~ How is your stomach feeling today?

SeaWave~ :welcome3:

Tired today, but feeling pretty good overall. I got in a really good walk last night so I'm still riding the high from that. I'm hoping to get dinner out of the way early enough tonight so I can either take the same walk or at least get in a good solid fast paced hour walk. I need to start incorporating some other exercises, but my feet have slowed me down. I have stress fractures in both feet, so I'm really not supposed to be walking as much as I have been, but I love it! Once I get under 240 I plan on throwing some jogging in in the AMs.

spingirl9
09-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Hi all,

Nice to "meet" everyone!

Had a relatively successful day #1 yesterday. I was really, really hungry so I ended up snacking too much. I proactively fixed that this AM by adding more fiber to my morning post-workout snack.

Here are my 9/7 (day 1) results (Achieved / Goal)

Water: 72 / 64
Achieved! I think this helped me manage my hunger more. I never really believed it before, but it does make a difference! I am trying hard to drink two glasses before each meal to keep myself fuller.

Food: -410 / -400-600
Achieved! It was tough to get back into it after an indulgent weekend, but it felt sooo good to stick w/it.

Exercise: 453 burned / 500 burned
Got close, but I bailed on my spin class. Three days off made me lazy!

Snacking: three snacks / one snack max
I was ravenous for the first extra snack, so I can't be too mad at myself for that one. But I ate the second extra snack b/c I just felt like munching! I vow to do better today.

I would like to add one more misc. goal, if that is okay. I'd like to keep my cool more. I tend to get too stressed and react too quickly, instead of taking a deep breath and thinking it through first.

MamaP
09-08-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm back . . . again. I don't know what has gotten into me. I have taken a running jump back into my old habits - not every day, but enough days to be causing me problems. I have 8 1/2 weeks until the Marine Corps Ball (one week after Halloween) and I have to get myself focused or the beautiful (strapless) dress I bought won't fit me. Only one other time in my life have I had an occasion to buy a formal dress and it was at my highest weight - this dress purchase was much more fun and I love that my son-in-law invited me to the ball. The ball is at Myrtle Beach. I would love to be in Onderland by then, but at the rate I'm going I'll be doing good to fit into the dress.

rdw1
09-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Good Morning Ladies!

W-MORE WATER!!! I almost met my goal yesterday but today I WILL drink 80oz!

E-Plan on being very active around the house...home improvements

E-Gluten Free McDougalling less than 1400 cal.

D- I will get this darned housework done between getting the backsplash going!

jcatron243
09-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Kris~You are so beautiful! I've done the same thing. Lets get back in it together.

Kim, take care of your feet.

Rikki~Good Morning.

Spin~I always make sure to get in a good protein after my workouts to stop my cravings.

I got 40 minutes in for my workout. I am going to try to do some abs and legs if my shoulder is up for it.

PT was cancelled today waiting on info from doctors office. darn it. I was hoping to get in writing that I can do some low impact workouts.

PopcornGal
09-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Okay, so back on track now for this challenge after taking the weekend off to take Harry to an agility trial out of town.

Rikki - you can do my housework when you are done with yours ;)

Kris - you will wear that dress! I know it. I've asked you before where are you in Missouri? I am in St. Louis.

Spin - good job on your first day. I find it helpful to report back daily and normally I start my post with a quick comment about the day before. It keeps me on track knowing I am going to report in.

Kim - I like walking too. It totally destresses me.

Jeni - it sounds like your shoulder might be moving in the right direction. Thanks for the compliment on the last challenge. Honestly I had hoped to lose more than I did but "it was it is" so I will keep moving forward.

Mavis - I am glad to see all of the new faces too. I hope your stomach is better today.

Emily - did you get the painting done? That was some D list. LOL I usually just try to do one thing.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

A little bit of a brag. I just finished doing 30 days of the 30 Day Shred. It was not always easy and my old body certainly felt the effects. Even though I did not have as much weight loss as I would have liked my body really toned up. Plus I could tell I got a lot stronger.

Today's WEED -

W - 64 oz.
E - 30 Day Shred (done) plus a walk
E - 1200 - 1400 calories
D - do some rally and obedience exercises with Harry

MamaP
09-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Kris - you will wear that dress! I know it. I've asked you before where are you in Missouri? I am in St. Louis.

A little bit of a brag. I just finished doing 30 days of the 30 Day Shred. It was not always easy and my old body certainly felt the effects. Even though I did not have as much weight loss as I would have liked my body really toned up. Plus I could tell I got a lot stronger.

I am in Kansas City.

Congrats on the 30 days . . . I can't seem to stick to anything these days. 30 days is awesome - especially on the Shred.

emiloots
09-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Popcorn - yeah, definitely a big list, especially the baby part (that's a longer term goal!) Congrats on finishing up 30-day shred - P90X is definitely a kick in the booty if you're looking for something new to try.

Jeni - glad you shoulder seems to be on the mend!

Kim - Hi! Glad you're back!

Kris- love the dress - very flattering!

SeaWave - Welcome, this is a great group here - wishing you the best in your fight :)

To all the other ladies hi, welcome!

Tired today, one more day then I'll be relaxing on the beach. We're going to the Outer Banks friday for a week on a much needed vacation. Connor's really excited about the ocean, he keeps asking if there are going to be sharks :) So, I'll do my best while we're away but where there is vacation there is beer and all things grilled.

W - 64+
E - Walk tonight
E - On Plan
D - start packing!

PopcornGal
09-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Kris - That is too bad that we live so far apart. I thought it would be fun to get together and walk.

SeaWave
09-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Wow - this is an active thread! Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

Sept 08 WEED

W - 64 oz - Achieved!

E - Increase activity daily - Achieved! Went for my first 'unescorted' walk since the operation! Not far, but :woohoo: nevertheless!

E - follow menu - Achieved

D - music really motivates me, so take advantage of that! - fail - batteries on the I-Pod are dead :halffull:

mtiger
09-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Emiloot- Thanks for the words of wisdom. I am trying to keep that in mind.

Sea- SOunds like you've been thgough a lot. You just keep going. You can do it.

Kickboxing last night, walk tonight. No movement on the scale. Now rod on the ex's situation. Waiting is very hard.

mothermavis
09-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Thanks all, I do feel better, just a bug I guess.

Tomorrow I am going to start the 30 day shred, thanks Popcorn!

Kris, you will rock that dress, I love Myrtle Beach, wish I was going with ya!!

spingirl9
09-09-2010, 05:54 AM
jcatron: thank you for the advice on protein. I am going to try that today to see if it gets me from snack 1 to lunch.

PopcornGal: congrats on completing the 30-Day Shred! I dappled with it for a while this past spring and found it sooo hard. But I was definitely seeing results, even w/o doing it more than once a week (maybe twice on a good week). That's great that you are seeing the results of your hard work.

Here are my 9/8 (day 2) results (Achieved / Goal)

Water: ACHIEVED 68 / 64
Food: ACHIEVED -405 / -400-600
I did it, yay! I felt sooo hungry at night though. I am going to try to save more calories during the day so that I have an extra 100 in evening in case I need a snack. My hunger definitely disrupted my sleep, which is in turn going to make today a bit rough.
Exercise: 383 burned / 500 burned
I felt really tired this AM, so I do have to give myself kudos for sticking with it. But I need to get my burn up -- I really need to work HARDER.
Snacking: two snacks / one snack max
This is a tricky one for me -- gotta keep working on it. Hopefully eating more filling foods will help me get from meal to meal. I also need to realize that hunger is not an emergency -- I can definitely wait an hour or two!

Cape Breton Chick
09-09-2010, 07:22 AM
G'morning everyone :) My name is Angela, 32 years old and have been struggling with my weight for some time now, I had been on a steady losing streak for a while but everything has come to a grinding halt..including being accountable and my eating habits...blagh.. the only thing that I remained consistent with for the past 3months has been completing the C25K and running every second day. Thank goodness because I think I would have gained rather then remained bouncing up and down the same 5 pounds lol. I am trusting in and leaning on God to lead me through this journey towards a much healthier me.
I am the Assistant Director and a preschool teacher at our local daycare and live in a beautiful coastal community along the Cabot Trail here in Cape Breton, and am running my first 5K on September 19th.
I look forward to checking in here each day with all of you and breaking the 190's by the end of October! :witch: :)

W - 64oz
E - strength training w/ Power Sculpt dvd
E - sticking to meal plan and not falling into the snack trap in the evening
D - make chicken soup this evening, do some house cleaning and remember all day to have a loving heart towards everyone and not partake in "gossip" at work or anywhere else for that matter :P

mothermavis
09-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Good morning, today is Friday for me! Short week this week, but I have an open house this WE so still will end up being shorter than I'd like!!

Time to either put my big girl pants on and get it together or quit pretending. I have been stuck in the 150's for probably 6-12 months, April 2009 was the last time I am sure I post 140's and that was the best I had done in 20 years. If I can do it once, I can do it again. Help me!!

W 100 going to get every one in today
E 30DS done!!!!! Run after work
E OP, need to get to the store so I can more easily make good choices
D As above, put on my big girl pants and deal with it. We all have stresses, mine are no bigger than yours, no less either.

rdw1
09-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Good Morning Ladies! A brisk morning here and a little gloomy- but hte weatherman promises that it will be sunny today...riiiiiiight.

W-80oz again! I did it yesterday! whooo!
E-Tiling the backsplash is about the only workout I am going to get today
E- McDougalling under 1400 cal and 10g fat
D- I WILL get this tile up with the mastic so I can grout tomorrow and have my kitchen back in order by the weekend!

jcatron243
09-09-2010, 11:53 AM
:welcome: Angela! I'm glad you joined our group.

Seawave I hate it when my Ipod dies.

Mindy~I might start the kickboxing class at the Y while Mak is doing swim team. I feel guilty not watching her practice, but then I need some me time too.

Rikki~its gloomy here too.

MM~we can both do it. seriously I hope its because of my meds but I am way up from my lowest. I am going to get back to it.

Shopping trip this morning will postpone my workout but not cancel it. I am going to buy some yummy healthy foods!!!!

W 80 oz
E 35 minutes
E 1500 cals
D get my workout this afternoon.

KimL1214
09-09-2010, 12:08 PM
rdw1~ Never trust the weatherman!

mothermavis~ YOU CAN DO THIS... and a lil :kickbutt:

Cape Breton Chick~ Good luck with your 5K, and great job sticking with running every other day!

spingirl9~ You're doing great! Snacking is hard for me also, once I get in the habit of snacking I end up snacking too much, so I tend to avoid any snacks even though I know they are needed.

mtiger~ How was your walk last night?

emiloots~ Have fun and good luck staying OP on your vacation!

SeaWave~ 3 out of 4 is pretty good! Great job!!!

PopcornGal~ CONGRATULATIONS on finishing 30DS!!!

jcatron243~ Any word from your doctor on your PT?

MamaP~ Crank it out!!! You can totally get into that dress, and look STUNNING in it! Here's a lil :kickbutt: to get ya movin!

spingirl9~ How did day 2 go?

So one of my friends took me to Olive Garden last night. BAD IDEA. Sooooo... I really need to get OP and back with it if I don't want to see a gain at the end of the week. I'm heading to one of the local gyms today to see how much a shorter membership would be or if they have punch cards as I only plan on going there when the weather stinks.

9/9/10 WEED

W~ 100 oz h20
E~ Gym for 45-60 Min.
E~ Stay WITHIN WW points
D~ Get with it!

MamaP
09-09-2010, 01:09 PM
Thanks everyone on the dress compliments and the encouragement.

Welcome SeaWave - hang in there. Sounds like you've had a lot to deal with - congrats on the "unescorted" walk.

Angela ~ Welcome. I can totally understand that up and down with the same 5 lbs - been doing it since June-July. We'll get there.

Spin - Congrats on the Day 1 success.

Jeni ~ Glad to hear your shoulder is doing better.

Mavis ~ I need to put on my big girl panties and get with it too (I want smaller big girl panties :) ). I've never been to Myrtle Beach. The ball is Saturday night so with getting ready that day we won't get to sightsee any, but plan to do some on Sunday before we head back to Camp Lejeune.

mtiger ~ Kickboxing has always been something I wanted to try. In my head I think I could do it, but not so sure in reality. It's kind of like in my head I can still do a backflip, but I don't dare try.

Yesterday was good. I stayed focused and on plan all day. Got all my water in, ate well and even did a little bit of exercise (http://www.mytrainerbob.com/blog-posts/bob-harpers-inside-out-method-single-arm-shoulder-raise-challenge). I did the single arm shoulder raise challenge and a few other arm/weight exercises. Not a lot, but better than nothing. I'm a little sore today, but not too bad. 58 days until the ball.

jcatron243
09-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Kim~I'm lucky, most of the gyms around here have day passes (although I have been at the Y for 4 years though). I talked to the doc office yesterday, because of the long weekend the paperwork didn't go in until Tuesday. I will go to PT tomorrow after work.

Kris~you can do it!

I got in my workout as soon as I got home from shopping. 45 minutes of light cardio. Its nothing like I want it to be though. but something is better than nothing.

Cals are right on target so far and so is water.

SeaWave
09-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Angela – welcome – I love Cape Breton!

Mothermavis – yes! You can do it – sending you bunches of :dust:

Rikki – I’ve never done it, but tiling sounds like hard work. Let us know how it turns out!

Jeni – our son was in soccer and our rule was that we watched the games; there were so many practices that it would have taken all our time! Maybe you can have the same rule with Mak is in swim team?

Kim – I love all those pasta places, but the Olive Garden hangover shall pass; at least you had fun with your friend! My husband and I were just talking about getting a gym membership. Looking into aquafitness and maybe zumba.

Kris – “your body’s gonna be shaking just like that!” Um... no trainer bob, my body would be flat on the floor! Good for you for getting through that one!

Sept 09 WEED

W - 64 oz - Achieved!
E - Increase activity daily - Achieved!
E - follow menu - failed; didn't cook supper, but we are getting a healthy take out at the Greek place!
D - music really motivates me, so take advantage of that! - Definitely - the stereo was so loud I think the neighbour was singing along!

spingirl9
09-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi everyone! Today = fail. Sigh ... BUT at least I did not completely throw in the towel and binge like I would have done in the past.

Mama: thanks for the congrats, and congrats right back to you for staying focused yesterday! Btw, your children (from your avatar) are so adorable.

SeaWave: I adore Greek food! Yay for you for choosing healthy! What do you consider a healthy option? They just opened a new place around the corner from me and I'd like to be able to order from there from time to time.

Kim: I had a eureka moment from your post -- thank you for sharing that advice! I think I need to try my hardest to avoid snacking entirely. AND, I think it's the sugary stuff that does me in. I had a skinny cow ice cream today after lunch and I simply couldn't stop. In the spirit of full disclosure and holding myself accountable, I am forcing myself to write it all out:

Water: 48 / 64
Food: +110 / -400-600
Did well until the afternoon. But, the damage is minimal at least!
Exercise: 0 burned / 500 burned
Skipped my workout this AM b/c I was sooo tired. I did the old "I'll go later in the day" thing, which never happens for me. I thrive on routine, that's for sure.
Snacking: four snacks / one snack max
This is UGLY! I ate a 150-cal snack after lunch, then a 100-cal snack 30 min later, then another 100-cal snack at four, then a 150 cal snack at 5. I had a very light dinner to make up for it though.

Right back on track tomorrow! Lessons learned:
- Sugary sweets right after lunch lead to more snacking.
- I NEVER have time to work out during lunch, no matter what I promise myself
- Don't get too hungry. The fact that I went to bed famished last night made me a bit panicked today, I think.

mtiger
09-09-2010, 10:21 PM
4 mile walk tonight. Feel like I have not time to do anything right now. School, home, dinner, workout, work I've brought home. Tomorrow is Friday YAY!!!

MamaP
09-09-2010, 10:29 PM
Seawave ~ LOL. Thanks. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I did it with 3 lb weights. I might try the 5 lb ones tonight.

Spring ~ Thanks. Those are my grandsons. They live in NC and I'm in Missouri so we webcam as often as possible. The older one just turned 21 months and he and I read books via webcam. He calls me Ma and pretty much owns me. In the picture Micah was 19 months old and Maddox was 3 weeks old.

KimL1214
09-09-2010, 11:04 PM
mtiger~ 4 Miles!!! Great job!!!

spingirl9~ You don't have to totally give up on snacks, just be really careful because, as you said, anything sweet can make you feel hungry as well as anything really salty. I've also learned that saying "I'll go later" to myself almost never works, so I usually force myself to go...

SeaWave~ :rofl:
the stereo was so loud I think the neighbour was singing along!:rofl:
Zumba is AMAZING! Everyone looks silly, so no one stands out and everyone gets a good laugh!

jcatron243~ Good luck with the doc! I dropped $12 on a one day pass today, rip off, but worth it.

MamaP~ Great job staying OP yesterday! How'd you do today?

So I did a complete faceplant during my post-dinner walk tonight, and even though I was covered in mud and a lil blood, I walked another two miles. I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking with it. I did, however, discover that walking in the rain with sunglasses and counting on my hood to keep my glasses dry, was a bad idea. Definitely need a hat next time. I also went to the gym after school today and walked for 66 minutes on the treadmill at an average incline of 5%, I even hit 10% for 5 minutes. I don't feel it in my legs yet, but am hoping that I'll feel it tomorrow so I know that I got a good challenging workout in.

9/10/10 WEED

W~ 100oz H20
E~ Gym!
E~ Stay within WW points
D~ Find a new breakfast recipe to cook for faculty Friday goodies in a couple weeks.

MamaP
09-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Thanks KimL ~ I had another good day today. Even got in the arm exercises again. Congrats to you for sticking with the walk even after your fall. I hope you are okay.

jcatron243
09-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Seawave~I like the idea of only watching the swim meets, but there are only a few meets. Plus sometimes she really needs encouragement because she gets really tired. School~homework~swim team. Its alot for a 7yr old.

Spin~forgive yourself and move on. We all have a day like that, the trick is to not let one day turn into a fall back into old habits.

Mindy~great walk. Have a good friday.

Kim~wow $12 is alot, but I'm glad you found it worth it. I'm a gym rat, love my gym.

Today is going to be tough to get in my workout. My goal for this challenge is to workout everyday, so I will have to be imaginative. For you new gals, I work 12 hour shifts (4am-4pm) so working out is tough on my days on anyway. Today I have physical therapy after work so I don't know If I am going to take the time away from my family to workout. I may just do some core work and stretching.

W 64 oz
E hoping for 30 minutes of something
E 1300 cals
D no carbs for dinner.

mothermavis
09-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Morning all! Thanks for the kick in the a$$. I needed it.

Focused and recommitted after my mini meltdown. 30 DS yesterday, walk at lunch (2 miles), run after work and ate clean. Scale much better this am, not to get it moving down!!!!

W 100
E 30ds done for today!! Elliptical later?
E OP, groceries today too.
D Taking FIL for his Dr appt, just normal scheduled appt, then to the gorcery with him. Will need to go at his pace (he is 88 for those who are new), may not get all my shopping done, but if not, can go back tomorrow after hiking.

KimL1214
09-10-2010, 11:34 AM
mothermavis~ Congrats on seeing some good numbers this morning!!!

jcatron243~ Good luck with your PT today!

MamaP~ Great job getting your arm exercises in yesterday!

So today is a Friday Goodies day, which means lots of evil food in the faculty room. I did have to go through the room, BUT instead of taking my normal bagel and evil goodies, I opted for half a bagel and some grapes! My goal is to only have a quarter of a bagel next time along with more fruit. I would aim to avoid the room all together, but that makes the day difficult. Sooo... I'm going to focus on being able to celebrate and eat with the morning faculty crew, but restrain myself from going overboard.

rdw1
09-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Good Morning!

W-80 oz... I sooooo failed at this yesterday!
E-still tiling, I guess I am getting a mental workout!
E-McDougalling, 1400cal 10gfat(or less)
D- I have one more wall to go and its the complicated one! I will not let it get me down! Its going to look fabulous!!!!

You guys are all sooo great at getting your exercise in! I will be back to doing more as soon as my work starts back... I miss my gym time :(

Lizzlee
09-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Newbie - Im Liz and have 2 kids 16 and 9. This summer kicked my butt. I didnt workout once and feel horrible. I am going to buckle down and do the IP diet to the best of my ability.
W-tons of it.
E-tred climber - 30 min a day. walk dogs. they are getting fat too.
E-no cheating, eat my veggies
D-smile, this challenge is going to be great.
E-

SeaWave
09-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Spingirl - 'healthy' Greek food for me is salad (mostly romaine, but with tomatoes, peppers, olives, onion, cukes) with no salad dressing, grilled chicken brochette, half a baked potato. They also give rice, but I give that to my son, who's doing boot-camp at school 3hrs per day and so can use the extra carbs.

A quick hi! to everyone else. Not a good day for me, at the hospital this morning to set up for rads, slept this afternoon, and woke up with a headache. Hubby is taking me to the fish resto (really healthy there!) to cheer me up!

I've got my water in today, but I think that's it. Better day tomorrow!

JasonsLea
09-10-2010, 10:40 PM
:wave: Hello WOW loves!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, it's been FOREVER! So sorry, lots of stuff has gone down, mostly bad but the good times are starting now (I hope). So I'm back and ready to get back on the WL wagon. I'VE MISSED YOU ALL! :grouphug:

Let's see if I remember how to do this ;) :

SW: 276
GW: 269

W: 96 oz
E: moderation is my slogan!
E: jump roping, walking, free exercise ONDemand, and eventually.....ZUMBA! :yay:
D: You're on the right track, don't fall off again.

jcatron243
09-11-2010, 06:24 AM
:welcome: Lizz

Shari~:hug: welcome back!

Everyone else :wave: sorry no personals today.

No PT again yesterday :( It still hasn't been approved.

I did go 30 minutes on tha AMT kept my heart rate up to my cardio zone. I also spent 15 minutes in the steam room. yesterdays stuff was right on target.

W 64 oz
E 30 minutes
E 1500 cals
D gym after work. Dont stress at work (we are very short handed and working with a supervisor I cant stand)

mothermavis
09-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Jeni, hope the PT is approved soon!

Shari, Welcome back, love the Exercise on Demand, that is where I am getting the 30DS video!

Welcome Lizlee.

Hi to all!

Kris, don't stop now, where are you??

W 100
E Hiking Sleeping Beauty Mtn in LG with some friends
E OP
D Still praying for DH, lot going on for him at work. Puppy has teething issues, fun! (NOT)

WillsAngel
09-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Hello Hello, I hope I am not to late to join! I just joined 3FC's the other day and was getting ready to post something yesterday when my DS called and said he forgot his binder in his room...so I had to run it to him before his first bell..then since I was out I went to the gym then straight to work - got home at 10pm and hit the bed right away!!

So, I am a 39 y.o. mom of one DS in a LDR with a wonderful wonderful man.
Work at Fuzzy's Taco Shop in Texas and am teaching my cooks how to make egg white omelets and the such.......

I hope I am not to late to join......but here is my WEED

W - 64 oz to start, more if i can (yesterday did 72 oz.)
E-cut back on carbs - only ate potatoes once and immediately felt like crap
E- 20 minutes treadmill - one hour yoga.
D - I will ignore the tiny voice in my head constantly trying to sabotage me and replace it with an affirmitave saying - "I am beatiful and I am caretaking my temple"

Vikki

MamaP
09-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Kris, don't stop now, where are you??

I'm still here. Staying focused and staying on track. I've been really strict since Wednesday - upped my protein and limited my carbs, along with watching calories. Have dropped 7 lbs since Wednesday. I know I was retaining fluid from the junk/sodium I was eating and the scale had gone up pretty rapidly ~ went from 221 on the 1st of September, to 226 on the 8th. Today 219.2. Today I had a couple of pancakes for breakfast, so not sure how that will affect things with the carbs. I do think I need to watch the amount of carbs I eat (diabetic and also don't lose well on higher carbs), but I've not been very careful lately. I'm not really a "low carber" but need to be a reduced carber.

I have 8 weeks until the ball. :carrot:

emiloots
09-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Hey ladies -

We're at the beach! Had a great first day - probably won't be on much this week but I'll check in for sure when we get back! Here's a pic of Des enjoying our first ice cream of vacation...
http://i54.tinypic.com/2d7bjax.jpg

jcatron243
09-11-2010, 11:13 PM
:welcome: Vickie Its never to late to join our group! I'm glad you found us.

Emily~he's so cute!!! Have a great time!

Kris~I'm the same as you. Diabetic, low carbs (but not no carbs). Ive been eating way to poorly lately but I hope it comes off quick.

MM~I don't have on demand, but I love fit TV. I usually catch it during a yoga.

Today has been great. Food was right on, (well a bit lower than plan) I got in 10 minutes of Abs and 35 minutes running :) It felt so good to run. I made sure not to over do it so I kept my pace slow (only 2.75 miles) But I did it with no pain. Also got in my water. (the stress at work was well unavoidable, but I handled it ok.)

jcatron243
09-12-2010, 06:21 AM
W 64 oz
E Maybe the Wii fit? the gym is closed when I get off work.
E 1500 cals
D no stress at work.

SeaWave
09-12-2010, 07:43 AM
Hi everyone, and a special :welcome3: to Lizzlee and Vikki!

Where's Rikki? Have you finished tiling yet???

Shari - hope things are improving, and the good times are rolling. ZUMBA - I'm jealous!

Jeni - hang in there - sounds like slow and patient will be better for you in the long run, and you're on target! PT will come too!

Kris, Jeni - I'm also limiting carbs, trying to eat them only once per day, and other meals to 'experiment' with them; they are really not my friends! I'm having a quinoa breakfast; I'll see if I metabolize that differently.

Emily - on the beach? That just seems wrong to an Ottawa girl in September, and I had to read twice to make sure I had read it right. The boys are ridiculously cute, and the pic with the ice cream? Well, that's love!

I'm having a bit of a time; I tend to overdo things to the point of collapse, and then say to myself -- oh yeah, I'm still recovering! I start radiation therapy on Sept 28th, and I want so many things to be straightened out with regard to my food, and a good exercise routine to be started. ARGH. Insofar as my WEED goes: on track for water, activity and menu. Didn't actually listen to music yesterday - hmmm......

rdw1
09-12-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm here I'm here! lol... Weekends are the hardest time for me to check in... and no, I am not done tiling:( almost though :) I had to go borrow a undercutter saw to cut out the ledges on the window so the tiles can slide behind it... I have that on my agenda today as well as getting dh out of the house -not sure what to do yet but something outside! Its a beautiful day!!! Down this week 4.2lbs :) I started Mcdougalling exactly 2 weeks ago and have lost almost 8lbs! 2 more weeks till vacation I sure hope that I can lose at least 5 more before then! Vacations are my hardest time I usually lose about 2 weeks of diet time by gaining and having to lose what I already lost! I am hoping to not do that this time! I will stay OP, but like Emily-(cute pic btw!) I have to have ice cream at the beach! LOL

Weed for the day:
W: 80oz... why is this so stinkin hard?!
E: get out of the house and move!
E: 1400/<10
D: Doing good! Stick with it! Get that tile finished! You're a powertool queen! LMAO. ok, thats a bit much.

Hope you ladies are having a great weekend!

WillsAngel
09-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Hello everyone!!
I think I forgot to weed yesterday - but here is todays

W-64 oz
E-washing dishes at work and bussing tables
E- 1500 and bread and pasta free today
D-I AM BEAUTIFUL!!!

mothermavis
09-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Happy Sunday.

Had an open house today, good turn out!

W working on it right now, with Crystal Light
E Climbed the mtn yesterday, need to go a bit easier today. 30 DS
E Sticking with it
D Prayers

jcatron243
09-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Seawave~I lose the most when I don't eat carbs at dinnertime. I'm doing that now Until I get back to my Happy weight.

Rikki~I have a pattern~I lose weight for months leading up to my annual vacation. I usually hit my low weight (this year it was 136) then I slowly go back up 10-15 pounds (May through August usually) then I recommit and lose and go back lower than my last years lowest. Does that make sense?? Anyway, I know I do it, but it doesn't stop me.

Willsangel~How are you?

MM~ I'm glad the open house went well.

So today has been a good day, but I decided to give myself the evening off from working out. The kids have the tv so no Wii for me and I'm just pooped.

WEED has been really good lately. I love the feeling I get when I am really committed to my diet. I'll be happy when I get my normal workouts back too!

The scale has dropped 5 pounds since Thursday. I knew that evil high 150+ number wasnt real. :)

jcatron243
09-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Here is the link to the new thread!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/212298-w-o-w-halloween-challenge-week-2-a.html#post3478222