100 lb. Club - Family support

View Full Version : Family support

Gamecockgrrl
09-05-2010, 11:58 PM
I can't say this too many places so I had to tell someone....

I went for dinner at my in-laws today and the food was, lets just say...not diet friendly. So I only ate about a third of what I would have normally eaten. Now in the past I would get the "WHAT? You don't like it? That's all you are going to eat???" and instead my father-in-law actually complimented me and asked how much weight I had lost because he could tell I had. WOW...did I get the right house? He and I don't always get along, so it was a huge compliment.

burgundyrayne
09-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Thats great!!!!!!!!!!!!

AR4life
09-06-2010, 12:05 AM
That's great news :carrot: it's nice when your hard work is being noticed.

doingmybest
09-06-2010, 02:56 AM
That is really good news. It's so wonderful to get that kind of support.
It's amazing how much of a difference support can make!

Onederchic
09-06-2010, 03:17 AM
Awesome! :D

mkat321
09-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Now that's an NSV if I ever heard one :)

Annita
09-06-2010, 08:04 AM
Just amazing!!! Congratulation.

SeaWave
09-06-2010, 08:45 AM
Congrats on avoiding the nasties, and very nice about the father-in-law noticing. What a boost!

JackieHollow
09-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Oh that ROCKS!!! And what a great motivation to keep on!! Congrats girl!

lovemyboy
09-06-2010, 09:48 AM
Congratulations!

It's great when someone who typically wouldn't notice or maybe even say something negative compliments you.

Eliana
09-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Oh, that IS great! I still get the "What? That's all you're going to eat? Don't you like my three meats, butter coated over cooked vegetables, three types of breads and spread of nine desserts?" :rofl: Seriously, there was one Christmas I will never forget!! It was just the in-laws and my family, so six people. The entire kitchen table was laid out with: Apple pie, pumpkin pie, pumpkin chiffon pie, pecan pie, whoopie pies, peanut butter cookies, truffles, Christmas shaped sugar cookies, petite cakes, lady fingers, angel food cake and a chocolate fountain to dip it all in. :rolleyes:

althepirate
09-06-2010, 11:11 AM
It's awesome that he noticed and that the family wasn't mean to you! Congrats!

saram
09-06-2010, 11:54 AM
one Christmas I will never forget!! It was just the in-laws and my family, so six people. The entire kitchen table was laid out with: Apple pie, pumpkin pie, pumpkin chiffon pie, pecan pie, whoopie pies, peanut butter cookies, truffles, Christmas shaped sugar cookies, petite cakes, lady fingers, angel food cake and a chocolate fountain to dip it all in. :rolleyes:

My stomach is turning just thinking of it all! I used to love desserts now when I eat it all the sugar makes me sick. That is a great sign...but I would still love a piece of cake every now and then :D

ReitmansFatGirl
09-06-2010, 12:28 PM
wow- that's really great. Not sure I am going to get the same with my inlaws!

ReitmansFatGirl