Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 08:44 AM   #1  
Bono Fanatic!

Talking Weekend Thread 10/19-10/20

I am up early (after only 5 hours of sleep) finishing a paper for my legal writing class this morning, so I thought I would start a thread and say hi!

My nephew, Adam James, was born yesterday afternoon at about 1:30. He's a BIG boy - 9 lbs. 6 oz. and 22.5 inches long! I can't believe I have to wait unitl next weekend to see him. I'm sure my sister will email a picture to me sooner so I can see what he looks like at least! All my niece had to say was "Yippee!"!!

On that note, Belle - you and your family are still in my thoughts. I hope little Carmen is getting stronger every day.

Kim - I noticed your 30th b-day was yesterday. Hope it was a good one!! I'm right behind you, girl...

Rina - Welcome back!!! I'm so glad you came back. Please post wedding pics. And let us know what we can do to help you get back on track.

Laura - I'd like to know some good beginning yoga types. I am so impressed by how much you do. That is something I want to get in to. I'll email you later.

Kirsty - I will email you back this weekend! Thank you SO much for helping me figure things out for my trip. I can't wait to hang out with you!!

KT - I love reading your posts and hearing how strong you are. I hope you provide hope to people that may be struggling to see
how things can be done.

Kier - You crack me up! Hope things with NF turn out the way you want them to.

Jen - Are you going to post pics of your pretty new basement? I hope you're feeling good.

Tonya - Where are you? How is the house coming along?

Deb - You're in my thoughts. I hope you can find a way to find a little bit of peace in your crazy life. Jeremy needs that.

Jayne - Hi! I hope you were able to have a date yesterday!

Lori - When are you going to Aruba? I was there 2 years ago and loved it!! The combo of being able to hang out on the beach during the day and gamble at night is perfect for me!! Have fun!

Jess - Your weekend next weekend sounds fun! Something to get yout thru the week, huh?

Ali - Come out my weekend posting buddy! How's the tattoo? I want to see a pic!

Marcie - Where are you? How are the wedding plans?

Lisa - We miss you! I hope you are able to come back to us soon!

Ok - if I missed anyone, I truly apologize. I become brain dead to anything else when I am studying. A long day ahead for me - 4 hours of class (after these 2 hours of paper revision) then almost 8 hours of volunteering. I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow!

Have a great day!

Last edited by JKarr; 10-19-2002 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:32 AM   #2  

Good morning all! Things have been soooo hectic this week that I have just been lurking when I get the chance. I ate out soooo many times this week for work and with family. I managed to stay in my point range every day but one, but I am scared to weigh in today. I think I am going to skip the center today because I do not want to get frustrated if I am up. I am just going to increase the workouts and eat great this week! Hopefully that will provide a great weigh in next Saturday!

I have been doing the Walk Away the Pounds one mile walk for several weeks and I switched to the 2 mile this morning. I did it without the weights, so I will have to work up to that. I think I will do the 2 mile on Sat and Sun and the one mile on week nights when I have less time.

I have not had much time to deal with wedding plans this week, but I am going to my first Bridal show on Sunday. I am sooo excited. I hope to get a lot of great ideas and talk to some good vendors. It is much quicker to do it at a bridal show than visit all of their places of business.

Matt told me last night that he would like an afternoon outside wedding with a small group of musicians playing the cocktail/hordoeurve reception afterwards.....as opposed to a evening wedding with dinner and a DJ/band. It would be cheaper to do it his way, and more elegant. We will have to think about it! So many choices to make!! Thankfully we have tons of time!
Old 10-19-2002, 06:56 PM   #3  
Canadian Chick

Hey Friends!

I just got home from a super long day at work. It was so busy plus we had a staff meeting. We only have one maybe every three months so they take forever! Oh well... I managed to eat within my points range yesterday Yay me! I'm taking this one day at a time because its way less overwhelming that way. One minor set back today was that someone brought chocolate chip cookies to our staff meeting & at the meeting I ate two & then when I was on my way out the door I grabbed two more! I think I'm ok though because I am going to have Tomato soup for supper which is barely any points. It is frustrating though how I just automatically took them as they passed by me! Argh! I really should have used those point for more nutricious food. Oh well what's done is done & its not too late to make up for it with balancing my points right.

Hubby is working until 10:30 tonight & I have no real plans so I think I'm going curl up & watch a movie and then have a nice long bath with candles, essential oils, an eye mask, -the whole bit. I haven't done that in a really long time. I'm really tired from such a busy day so I'm really looking forward to it.

Jen congrats on your nephew! You'll have to post a picture when you get one! Where & when are you going on a trip?

Marcie, when is your wedding? I just got married on June 29th. Bridal shows are so much fun. One word of advice is take labels with your name & address. Every single booth will have some kind of draw & it saves so much time filling out your name a million times. If you want to keep them from sending you a bunch of mail with advertising don't enter the draws. An outdoor afternoon wedding sounds so nice if you can count on the weather. Do you have a dress yet?

For some reasons I can't my pictures small enough to post. I'm going to try something else & hopefully it will work.

Talk to you all later,

Rina
Old 10-19-2002, 07:09 PM   #4  

We have not set an official date yet, but it will be May 2004. So no, I do not have a dress yet. But I still have tons of time!
Old 10-20-2002, 09:46 AM   #5  
Running Babe

Hey All,

Argh!! I had an exam friday and I really messed up on one question. Which has dampened my mood for the weekend since if I don't pass this exam I have to drop the course (I HATE all or nothing exams). The worst part of it, when it came to practising that type of question I had zero problem in doing it. ARGH!! Sorry to sound so frustrated, it just upset me. I am a perfectionist so I am really aggrevated by it (the question was worth a good 20-25% of the exam, well I should at least get part marks).

Belle: Heya sweetie, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Jen: Congrats on the nephew. Actually the back up boy name for me was Adam (but my mom was abou 90% sure I was a girl since her pregnancy with me was so different from the pregnancies with my two older brothers). Yes I am around, no actually I haven't taken a pic yet of the tatt and I can't find my dad's digital camera (I am at my parents' house right now), but when I do I'll show it. It looks really good now so I am happy

Rina: Those staff meetings can be brutal. Another staff meeing in my division had cake once and they bought me a piece after the meeting, what else was I suppose to do?

Marcie: That sounds like such a good idea. My mom I think has finally conceeded to the fact that I don't want a big wedding. Just gotta find me a groom first

Hmmmm I have been hanging out with grad school boy for a while (though do to scheduling conflicts I haven't seen him in a while) and we were talking on Tuesday (not in person ) and I skillfully got it out of him on why he hasn't tried anything on me yet. He says it is because he really values our friendship and is scared about losing me as a friend if we don't work out, but from what he has indicated does wanna pursue something with me. It's funny our relationship is based on antagonizing each other and it's great (playfully, not in a mean way by any means). I mean if it doesn't work out it doesn't work out (he could meet a cute girl this weekend, I have become so cynical of guys in my old age <it's been a bad year>). But still, he does like me, is attracted to me and is a good guy. I am just glad I am not rushing into it... that has spelled disaster for me before (well the past year and a half has been a huge learning experience for me), but we've known each other now for 8 weeks and have just been progressing slowly, so that's good right?

Take Care!

Ali
Closed Thread