Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-05-2010, 06:55 AM   #1  
I Will do this....

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/165

Height: 5ft 7

Default I feel a rant coming on !

Ok Chicklets, I feel a rant coming on ! I know that I have kept on programme, I have worked like a one armed paper hanger this week, and yet NO RESULTS ! Last week I lost 7lbs, then had a whoosh to add another three pounds down, then the three pounds came back on, then 1/2 pound on, then 2 lbs off, then 0.9lbs on !! Whats going on??
I had reached the 60lb mark lost, now I'm at 58lbs lost.
Feel extremely demoralised
I know you have no answers, but any idea what could be going on? It's not Tom, and I have been really good about water this week.
I don't usually get upset about these things, but I feel quite down.
Just needed a hug.
Thanks
x
starbrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Either way, 58 pounds is incredible! Congratulations! I'm not sure why your weight is fluctuating, but from what I've read and heard, that sounds like it's probably normal. Are you consistent in the time of day that you weigh yourself? I know that I weigh more in the evening than in the morning, so I pick one or the other and stick with it so I don't see those influences.

But regardless of that, I'm proud of your accomplishment! Good job! And of course, HUGS! You'll get past this
kathrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

10 lbs lost in a week is NOT healthy weight loss. How much are you eating a day? Maybe you should not be weighing yourself daily if it's going to cause such anxiety for you. Even though we would like for them to be, our bodies are not mathematical equations, and they don't always follow the "rules." There ARE going to be daily fluctuations in your weight. They are normal, and if you want to be a daily weigher than you should learn to accept those fluctuations and look at the over all downward trend, not the day by day activity.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #4  

And you will not have losses every week, even if you ate exactly the same thing. Your body has to become adjusted to weight loss, it doesn't happen overnight.

Are you actually weighing and measuring your portions and tracking every bite lick and taste? Look at how many 0 point foods you are eating. The first 5 are free but after that track 1 point for every 5 more you eat. Even though we don't count points, our body counts the calories and takes them from our calorie deficit.

How much exercise are you getting? The minimum is 30 minutes a day, 7 days a week. Doesn't have to be at the gym, walk around your neighborhood, get exercise DVDs from the library, play with kids, do sports, anything that gets your heart rate up for 30 minutes. It doesn't even have to be in 30 minute all at one time, divide it up into 10 minute segments if that is all you can do.

Post a day's menu and let us see what you are eating. Perhaps we can make suggestions to improve it. What you eat is just as important as the calorie count.

Finally, don't weigh every day if you get demoralized because the scale doesn't go down. Once a week is plenty.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #5  
I Will do this....

Freespirit - 10lbs is not typical, and I think that could be the problem. I'm not a newbie here, just at a stage where I feel vulnerable.....where many people end up falling off the wagon. I don't want that to happen, thus the post.
Quilter - I think maybe the time has come to up the exercise. I have been trying for 3 or 4 times a week, but obviously it's not enough.
I am doing low carb, with added oatmeal in the mornings, protein and salad for lunch and protein and non-root veg for dinner. It has been working up til now. Just hit a weird phase and needed some moral support.
I, like everyone who frequents this site, am not perfect, but I have been following my plan and tracking everything. I appreciate the weightloss last week was odd and maybe my bodies reaction this week is a response to that .
Old 09-05-2010, 12:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

I hope I wasn't coming across as rude. We've all felt like you're feeling, and I know for me taking a step back and evaluating the situation as a whole really helps to put thing in perspective for me. Sometimes I think we get caught up in what's going on right this second and don't evaluate loss as a whole.

IMO, the lack of weight loss this week has to do with your *woosh* last week. Like I said in my previous post, daily fluctuations are normal and if you're not able to deal with them objectively then for your own emotional well-being I wouldn't weigh more than once a week.

Good luck.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #7  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

I reached 50 lbs this week. I've regained two in 2 days. That's life. I'm visibly retaining water in my stomach--I'm puffier than I've been in several weeks. It's just a matter of waiting it out and peeing it off.

You can freak out, quit, and regain....or you can be thrilled about the huge drop last week and realize that your body needs to adjust. Hang in there.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #8  
I Will do this....

Thanks Azsunrises, and congratulations - you are doing great !!
Old 09-05-2010, 03:06 PM   #9  
ZOOOOM!!!

S/C/G: 185/185/???

Height: 5'5"

starbrite - You've done amazing so far! Congratulations. I think your plan sounds good and it will work in the long term. In the short term try not to let the scale get you down.

Last edited by KontheWay; 09-05-2010 at 03:06 PM.
KontheWay is offline   Reply With Quote