100 lb. Club - What's your latest NSV?

View Full Version : What's your latest NSV?

Jen516
09-04-2010, 09:05 PM
No idea if this is the proper place to put this - sorry if I'm stepping on another thread's toes.

I'm dying to share (and it's not the type of thing you can go around telling everyone you meet...) I haven't had ANY fast food in the last 36 days. None. At. All. This coming from a chick who probably ate FF once a day. It had it's own category in my financial records, "FF", for gosh sake! :o I can now drive by a FF place without feeling a pull to turn in! Also, only had 5 cans of soda (diet) in that time period. Again - HUGE deal. I can think of instances where I drank 5 cans of soda in a DAY.

Anyways, What's your latest non-scale victory??

paris81
09-04-2010, 09:26 PM
That's awesome!!! Congrats...you must feel so great, both mentally and physically. That stuff has so much salt!

I've recently bought a few clothing items in a size 18, very exciting! I can't remember the last time I was an 18!

Gamecockgrrl
09-04-2010, 10:02 PM
I got my "skinny" (size 18) jeans over my hips. They still won't zip...not even close...but I got them on!

Jen516
09-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Nice work ladies! I'm just starting to get into smaller clothes. Fortunately(?), I have a TON of clothes in a WIDE variety of sizes. Including things I've never been able to wear.

dudesmom
09-04-2010, 11:20 PM
I can totally relate to how the soda and fast food NSVs are a huge deal. My latest NSV is that my calves are starting to get more definition from running. I seriously sat there the other day and just caressed my calves for a while because it was so awesome to feel how the muscle had changed.

RobinD
09-04-2010, 11:43 PM
My biggest NSV was my blood pressure. On August 18th, the first day of my diet, it was 138/83, and it's been higher than that recently. Last Wednesday, at my two week follow up, it had dropped to 123/63. In TWO WEEKS!!! I was nearly delirious with relief.

calluna
09-05-2010, 01:01 AM
Lately....probably my favorite is that I'm down to my LAST storage tub of "small" clothes after going through my closet (again!) yesterday. It'll be a while until I'm through it - they're size 12 ("old" size 12; I can probably wear a "new" size 12 now), but it feels good! I started the journey in size 26 jeans and currently wear small 16-large 14 (again, "old" sizing).

I know the old and new sounds weird, but these clothes are several years old, and a size 14 today is not nearly the same as a size 14 from 7 years ago.

DaughterOfVenus
09-05-2010, 01:11 AM
I haven't had a full on binge in over three weeks.

I had one close call, but I didn't lose total control, and I got right back on the wagon, so I'm not counting it.

PinkHoodie
09-05-2010, 01:45 AM
Mine would probably be yesterday at my gyno (they know me there because of fertility treatments) the nurse and the dr went on and on about how much weight I had lost and how good I was looking. It was only the 2nd time people that haven't seen me in awhile noticed. It was great feeling! :D

ReitmansFatGirl
09-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Mine would be no pop. I've only just started *again* for the bajillionth time. But I've decided caffeine has got to go. It's a huge trigger food for me.

ReitmansFatGirl

SeaWave
09-05-2010, 11:52 AM
:woohoo: I've been on the forum 20 days, so I now have my sig line/ticker - including my current favourite quote! (I think I'll find the ticker very motivating, since it's so public!)

Jen516
09-05-2010, 12:01 PM
I love your quote, SeaWave!

JayZeeJay
09-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Mine is a pair of shorts I bought online early this summer: they were cut so wierdly that they looked terrible (online shopping - will I ever learn the lesson?) but I was too lazy to package them back up, take them to the shipping place etc. to return them. So, into the shorts drawer they went, and quickly migrated to the bottom.
But now they are wearable! I think just slimming down a bit more made the shorts loose on me so nothing is bulging and the funny cut is less noticeable. (they're probably cut normally, I suspect it's my body that's "funny". I often have to try bunches of clothes on to find one item that fits well. Yet I keep on shopping online!)
Hooray for money NOT wasted!

RobinD
09-05-2010, 12:48 PM
My hubby was marveling last night that he can wrap his arms so much farther around me. I can't see the loss in the mirror, but hubby can feel it and my clothes are beginning to tell the tale.

SunshineTater
09-05-2010, 12:55 PM
I bought a new pair of pants for work. They are a 20 (I've been wearing a 24). My daughter said "Mommy, those pants aren't falling off you!" I think that's a good thing. :)

lainey_m
09-05-2010, 01:14 PM
I tried on a green sweater at work. It was kind of a clingy knit and a coworker said, "Look at you, getting all skinny!"

Also, I've bought two new pairs of pants for fall, jeans and dress pants. One's a size 20, the other an 18! Last time I bought pant they were 24's.

Jen516
09-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Yay for all those new clothing sizes out there! And congrats to all the other NSV's too!

ChrissyBean
09-07-2010, 08:39 PM
I love this thread! :)

Mine were last week. I had one co-worker call me scrawny and she told me to, "...move your skinny @ss!" (she's a friend, too LOL). My boss (male) couldn't see me at my desk and said it was because I'm shrinking to the size of a pixie. Um...oh, and another friend was SHOCKED that I want to lose 30 more pounds. I got the "be healthy!" etc. lecture from her (she's not overweight). Yeah, no worries. There's a LONG way to undernourished from where I am!

OH, and my kids and I hit the dollar sale at the Salvation Army--all clothes are a loonie, no tax...but no trying on, either. I winged it (wung it?) and grabbed some Tommy Hilfiger pants, some Gap jeans, some BUM Equipment camel-coloured pants, and some Lee jeans...all in a size 12. When I tried them on at home...they all fit!!! The Hilfiger and Gap pants could use a hemming, but waist-wise, they're perfecto. :)

saef
09-07-2010, 09:32 PM
When I went to Cape Cod last week, I wore tank tops. Publicly. Showing my bare arms.

Once I got my shoes off, I had no trouble walking up a steep sand dune. I just kind of dropped into second gear, as if I were working on the elliptical & the resistance had just gone up for an interval, and I kept moving. The grainy sand actually felt good under my feet. (Probably exfoliating & buffing my heels.) My hosts had a little trouble & I got ahead of them & had to wait for them to catch up. I vividly remember absolutely hating the struggle of walking in deep dry sand several years back.

caryesings
09-07-2010, 10:13 PM
I have always been the big sister. I am three years older and got my height early on so I've always felt like a moose next to my sister. THEN I gained 100 lbs. in one year 20 years ago while she gained a grand total of 20 lbs. after two pregnancies.

Tonight I am sitting at the computer wearing a pair of my sisters size 8 pants. Best NSV ever!!!

Jessica88
09-10-2010, 11:19 AM
The other day I went in to American Eagle to try on a skirt and some jeans. I grabbed a size 12 and it was way too big! So then I grabbed a size 10, still too big!! I finally went out and got a size 8 and it fit perfect!!! I was excited because I remember when I was younger and in high school American Eagle was a cool brand to wear but I couldn't even fit into their clothes and I always tried buying the biggest size they had online and it never fit :( but now I fit into an 8 there!!! yay!!!!

DaughterOfVenus
09-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Yesterday it actually clicked that I'm REALLY doing this. My meme was throwing away a huge bag of clothes she's gotten too fat for, and I picked through it and saved a bunch of stuff to shrink into so that I wouldn't have to go to the salvation army or something when I get into a fourteen/twelve.

As I was going through them I realized, weightloss has never stuck with me long enough to make serious plans for down the line. And I realized I'm SERIOUS about this. I ended up going through my closet and organizing, throwing away things that are sagging on me (granted a lot of my clothes were loose to begin with, but now they're looking sloppy.) I kept a pair of "before" pants, and added a bunch of others to the goodwill bag.

And now my closet is all organized, smallest to largest.

It's a mental victory. Realizing that THIS IS IT. I'm doing it. I'm throwing the clothes away behind me and I'm broke. So unless I want to be a nudist, I gotta keep going.

audrina
09-10-2010, 12:53 PM
My latest NSV was being able to buy my first pair of designer jeans. :) Size 32. 32!!!!!

lovemyboy
09-10-2010, 01:20 PM
I have no more "smaller" clothes to shrink into in my closet. This is a huge milestone but also very frightening because I hate shopping. I'm thinking it will be not too bad because all of the clothes won't make me look fat (like it was the clothes' fault). I'm not sure how to shop for the new me though. It will be a learning experience.

ChrissyBean
09-10-2010, 02:24 PM
My husband had to remove a link from my watch last night. My wrists are getting skinny!!

Jen516
01-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Love all these!!

My latest NSV? Well, I'm a bit stalled on lb loss. I'm down about 50lbs, but have been stuck around 240lb for like 6 weeks. I usually take body measurements once a month, but didn't bother this month because I hadn't lost any weight. This week, I finally dropped a couple of pounds, so I took some measurements just for kicks. I was amazed to see that my waist is 2 inches smaller than the last time I measured and I've only lost 3.5 lb since then?! With the first 45lb, I lost 5 inches off my waist. Now, in the last month I've lost 2 inches more, even though I only lost 3 lb! It is a reminder for me that this is about more than the number on the scale. Our bodies just aren't that predictable!

kaebaka
01-15-2011, 01:29 PM
One of my best friends is getting married at the end of April, and I love dress shopping so I have been eagerly starting to look forward to finding one for her wedding. While at the mall with a friend yesterday, I randomly tried on two dresses. One was one of those horrible horizontal pleated form fitting dresses which I tried on just for the **** of it. They've never looked good on me because I have a rather pronounced pear figure, but... This one actually fit and didn't look completely terrible.

But that was completely blown away by this cute little black velvet dress that I took into the fitting room with me on a whim; I've been wearing size 20 - 22 bottoms for several years now, and a 16 - 18 top. The dress is a 14. I pulled it on, and it fits perfectly!!!

I bought it anyway. I'm hoping I'll outgrow it before the wedding, but now I have it stashed in my closet and can try it on and keep marveling at how much skinnier it makes me look. :D

dancinginpaint
01-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Congrats! The fast food thing is tough. This morning I put on a pair of size 20 jeans I had in a bin of clothes that don't fit. That was nice, plus they were not the super stretch kind where you wear it for two hours and then are swimming in them. Just a nice form fitting denim.

Charms
01-15-2011, 06:28 PM
I had to put my rings away until I can get them resized. I almost lost them twice this week!

And I got to go shopping in my closet and bring out a bunch of clothes I haven't fit inti in a couple years. What a wonderful feeling :carrot: