Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Unhappy weight loss stopped

but not cause i plateaued but because i cant stop eating bad or to much. I havent gained any back but ive completely stopped working out. Going home to sleep after working all day seems so much more suitable but i love working out. i dunno what to do. I feel horrible and look worse. help!!! how do i get back on track. I totally binged for breakfast.
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

You may try to exercise in the morning since you are so tired after work. As far as binging goes, are you eating enough calories? I notice that watermelon has been my favorite fruit, it has kept me from eating lots of junk I would eat otherwise and makes me feel full. However, the first thing you should really try to do is set your mind back into the right direction. Focus on what you are trying to accomplish and on how much you've lost. Also, think about how you felt when you lost your first 5 or 10 lbs and try to find that strength that it gave you when you accomplished that goal. Then set another goal, deadline, and give yourself an incentive such as a new pair of shoes. Don't give up, fight through this!!!

Mommysince21505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #3  

thanks doll, i just need to remember why im doing this!
Old 09-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 155/130

Height: 5'3"

I've been in the same position several times. I'm the worst at dieting and can be considered a A-class yo-yo dieter. Its a difficult issue when you you've been doing so well, and then you fall off the ban-wagon.
However, I fully agree with mommysince21505 about the exercising in the morning. I've recently started waking up early and pushing myself out of bed for a short 20-40min run, and I defiantly feel better about myself. Not everyone can do the same workout routine forever, so maybe you've become bored with what you usually do. I know I did. I've been doing so much cardio at the gym, I'm almost sick of it. So I've recently joined a water aerobics class and I do laps in the pool, both walking and swimming. And I'm REALLY enjoying the change.
Also, if you want to workout without actually feeling like you did, try doing one of those quick 8 or 10min Taebo workouts. I found one on the internet that has really been helping me. I've also been using the hoola-hupe as a way to get my rear-in-gear, no pun intended. Just do a few rounds (I try 500) while watching t.v. and you'll feel like you acomplised something before bed-no more than 10mins.

As for the binging, Its OK to indulge once in awhile. I was told by a personal fitness trainer that, "everyone is entitled to a fat day at least once every week or so". (Mine was today-I ate a pizza with a side salad, and didn't eat dinner for almost 9hrs. I ended up having some yogurt with granola to make my rumbling tummy happy).
So try not to feel to upset. Everyone has those days.

BEST OF LUCK!!!
>hugz<
KattoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I have an idea. Assuming that your ticker is still right, and you are still at 24 pounds lost...why don't you just make a pact with yourself that you CAN forget working out (for now). Promise that once you have reached the 50 pound lost stage you will return to it...So for the next 26 pounds, forget about excercise, don't even think about it (right now.) spend all your energy and thought process on eating GREAT. 100% on plan healthy awesome food. Live it, work it, dream it. Forget about guzzling water, forget about walking on a conveyor belt...just concentrate on Food and only food.

I give you my word, that the scale will move again, and in no time you'll be back with the energy to get those workouts in.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #6  

thank you thats a good idea. yes my ticker is still correct. I love the gym though i just cant seem to get back to working out ugh
Old 09-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Lori Bell gave you some great advice. Something to consider.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote