Old 09-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Talking Christian Encourager's SEPTEMBER Thread ...

Christian Encouragers ~
--------------------------------

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvellous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #2  
Rosebud

Seems that lots of our CE'ers are very busy right now, so I decided to start this new September Chat Thread this evening. I had two other ones to start as well; sure keeping me busy too ...

Anyways, we had answer to our prayers today; GOD sent us lots of which we needed very badly after some very, very days. I was able to pick another basket of green beans yesterday and hope to get some more this week as well; am checking them every day.

We went shopping & running errands yesterday, but man was it hot; couldn't wait to get back home. It is now nice and cool in here; what a relief this is for us. The kiddies are back in school and some of the trees in our neighborhood are turning yellow already, so that must be a sign that fall has arrived.

Hope you all have a wonderful week ... Rosebud
Old 09-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/286/195

Height: 5'5

... I was lost, but now I am found... at least lost since January!!!!
I hope some of you remember me!!!!
I am so so excited and happy to be back. I was anxious to post in this group, I have been so eager to share!!!

My first post back was yesterday in the over eaters annonymous group. You are welcome to read, but it is something that I realized a couple of days ago that has been a problem, and a setback for my weight loss.

I am just setting up a plan for myself and my plan included coming back to my community of support!!!

I am thinking about doing portion control and calorie counting. Something I believe may help me right now. This will be a new plan for me, so if you guys have any suggestions/advice, please please help me out.

Just wanted to post that i am ready for God to work even more in my life and grow in this journey of acceptance and of health!

Glad to be back!!!
suga0so0fly09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #4  
Rosebud

HI SUGA ~ yes, I do remember you; can't believe that you haven't been here since last January. I am glad that you have come back though; it is good for you and good for us too. I am on a plan that focuses on calorie & portions too. I find it very simple to follow.

As I was sharing with BOOTSIE in another thread here, I have a book by Jorge Cruise that has these really EZ boxes (which you can have photocopied or draw them out if you want to) that make following that plan very, very simple.

I got his book on a deal becuz there was a publishing flaw in it! I am sure that you can get it from book stores or Amazon too (like half.com); or your local library. He has a lot of good health information in it as well as 28 days of exercises, tips, and motivational encouragements along the way. He is a big believer in hand-weights to increase your metabolism; and he is a Christian too. You can also check out his online site as well.

I can't do all the exercises in it; but I do the ones I can, and sub with some of my own for the other ones. Many people would be able to do them all; but I have some limitations right now. I found his book very helpful and it is now a kind of reference book for me -- a very practical tool.

This eating style is good for diabetics and pre-diabetics; and for anyone that is looking for some balance and reality in their plan. It is not a starvation plan; it is very healthy and you could easily follow this for the rest of your life. I added in some tips from Volumetrics that are helpful for me; and they fit well together.

We had a busy day up at our lot today; and the weather was much nicer. It was but with some cloud and a nice breeze and I think it stayed in the mid-70's for most of the day. DH and my Dad fixed the roof on our camper; well, about half of it where it was leaking very badly. DH wants to finish the whole roof so that it is all the same.

We didn't get home til late, so we had dinner about 8:30 pm; and I am so glad that before we left, I took out some leftover wg spagetti & meatball dinners that I had put in the freezer last week. Just had to put them in the micro for a quick home-cooked meal.

It is nice and cool out there right now; it is supposed to be nice again tomorrow, but then it may cool off severely by the weekend. ... fall is here but I don't mind one bit.

Have a fab Friday everyone ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 09-02-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:48 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thanks for getting us into September Rosebud!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/286/195

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone!

Thank you Rose for the support and information on your plan. I will look into the book you told me about this weekend. It sounds like something I would like. For now, I am just watching my portions and writing everything down. I still have to figure out my exercise routine. I'm thinking of doing it as soon as I get home before I cook dinner, then walk with my hubby after dinner.

Wanted to say hello to everybody and just say I am so happy to be back!

GOD BLESS!
suga0so0fly09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Good morning Rosebud, Gary and good to hear from you suga,

Sug, I have just started a plan again to loose the excess baggage I have picked up the past few years and here is the path I have decided on.
Deciding on my weight loss , which is 60 pounds, but I have decided to have mini goals 5 pounds , like every 3 weeks. Just like Bills my small achievements will add up.

Then I decided on exchange program and I do count my calories too but deciding on a calorie level, has been the hardest part . You don't want it below 1200 calories for that takes away your thinking power and brings up health issues,they say, don't need that! So I took my desirable weight and multiplied it by 10 because I am in my 50's and it is harder to lose weight 145 x 10 = 1450 calories

Drink lots of water, I flavor mine with lemon, also I was reading to make it more appealing use a wine glass. I just love water so I have no problem except in the winter time getting enough.

When you go to buy groceries always eat before you go.

Select snacks under 100 calories

Find an exercise you like . There are tricks there also, count cleaning house, washing dishes by hand turn on the music and move that awesome bode!
Keep a diary on what you eat and ect...

If the scales are your enemy...try measuring yourself and do that once a month.

Reward yourself with each mini achievement , pushing those French fries away or in the trash, or eating half piece cake instead of the whole thing or the loss of inches. Not with food but something for you! Like flowers, new clothes,book, a new movie ect....

Learn how to deal with a diet setback.

Practice an attack of Binging what to do in case you have an attack and you WILL! You need something to short circuit that binge! Mine is I have worked to hard to get this far!

This is just a few suggestions, Sug , maybe I have helped, don't know but meant too.

I to been wondering where everyone is, tried starting new threads to get people motivated but not much luck, but so glad to see that Kelli is still out there! Sug is back! Gary & Rosebud still here,but where oh where is everyone else ? You are greatly missed!

Last edited by Bootsie; 09-03-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:50 PM   #8  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ our day started out with , then the came out and it got fairly hot, but not too bad. We went out to pay some bills and I picked up some books at our local second-hand shop. Was getting low on new reading materials.

We had healthy homemade submarines on whole wheat buns; smaller than the commercial ones, but plenty just the same. I filled mine with lean meat, nf cheeze slice, sliced tomato, and lots of lettuce. That makes it very filling really. That's our Friday fun dinner for this week.

As I was coming on here, we had some come our way again and I got some pics of a nice RAINBOW -- they are always too big to get into my picture range though. Plus there were two spurts of rain and two rainbows after each one as well.

BOOTSIE ~ I love your ideas and tips; they are certainly helpful and I know they are always appreciated here. You sound like you have a new resolve and that can only be a good thing.

SUGA ~ sounds like you have a good plan there too ...

Have you all any special plans for this weekend? I think this is what we call our LABOR DAY WEEKEND -- where we celebrate all the hard work people do every day; they are rewarded with a day off here in Canada. Do you have that holiday in the USA?

Have a wonderful weekend ... Rosebud
Old 09-03-2010, 09:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/211/150

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for all the encouraging tips! I'm still trying to remember to try to incorporate a positive thing into my life every week! I love coming here for ideas
boots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #10  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS

I am taking some time here while I watch NASCAR to catch up. Angie just left to go visit her friend in San Diego, she is here visiting from Las Vegas.

We had a great morning at church, my son/dil and ex-wife sat with us. My sister has been coming but went with her family to Knott's Berry Farm.

We had a great day yesterday with a family BBQ here...25 people. We had planned on a shuffleboard tournament but the boys got started on bocce ball then basketball and we never got to it...they were having too much fun and us older folks were fine just visiting We had our grilled chicken sandwiches on good buns with honey mustard on one bun, guacamole on the other with chicken, red onion, lettuce, tomato and cheddar cheese in between. A lot of sides from watermelon to potato salad.

Work has been good this week...if you like driving 105 miles before you even start We picked up another project for my end this week...won't be for a while but it will be a big one.

be back...gotta go....
Old 09-05-2010, 09:08 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I am back...knucklehead nephew has been in and out here all week-end. He came by to ask advice on running shoes and credit card issues He hasn't asked to "borrow" any money from the account I have for him and I am not offering to loan to him either but I think something is up I pray for our NAVY

Anyway, the family BBQ was real nice....we had a lot of fun and folks were here all day long.

I got a call from church this week to see if I could do some drywall work on one of our rentals....where were they a month ago when I was slow? ...I will be able to do what we need but it sure will cut my week-end short next week. I am never under any pressure to do work at our church or rentals...and I am always told to "bill" for my services but I never do...one way I have been blessed to be able to pay back with my time, talents and $$$ to my church as a gift in honor for what Jesus has done for me. I could bill them for my work and it would be paid to me no questions asked...thanks be to God I don't need to.

Well I better go make myself dinner...I will check in tomorrow
Old 09-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #12  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ We went from scorching weather in the 90's here to the 40-60's and wet with all day Saturday and early this morning. I am glad that my beans are still OK; no frost so far; did some praying today, and the is now out. It is cool yet, but with the out, it doesn't seem so bad really. We just put some more comforters on our bed for the night.

We went out to our lot yesterday afternoon to visit with Dad & SM one more time before they left for home today. We took out a BBQ spit chicken dinner with lots of salads and such; and that was nice. Couldn't believe how cold it was though and of course, it kept raining and the wind made it seem worse. Just before sunset, the sun came out for peek just to tease us, I guess.

Dad is really fixing up their little cottage next to ours; and it was a good, long respite for them. He even gained back a little bit of weight while he was here; and they stayed quite long this time -- at least a month, if I am recalling correctly.

Back to school time is a pretty busy time for many people right now so things are kinda bare around here this weekend; plus with it being a long holiday weekend, people are enjoying themselves at their camps & cottages as much as possible. Hope all our friends had a good one ...

We are having leftover chicken with veggies, sliced cukes & toms, and a coleslaw for dinner tonight. Will be ready soon, so gotta cut this short -- take good care; and have a wonderful week ... Rosebud
Old 09-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

A real quick check in here tonight. Angie and I had orange chicken from Trader Joe's...boy do we love it! With brown rice and a nice salad with plenty of avocado slices from the ones my buddy gave me last week.

The golden retrievers are running wild in the back yard...just like they did when they were puppies...so fun...I keep going out to play tug-of-war with them.

Rosebud souds like "lot season" was a success...

Be good
Old 09-08-2010, 08:53 AM   #14  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning Everyone!

I have no idea how long it's been since I've posted on here but it's been quite a while. So much has happened in the past few months. Both good and bad.

My youngest son got engaged and is getting married in October. We are so excited. We love his fiance and they are such a good match. My oldest son just found out that he got a job in the field he's been trained. It's still very far away from us but it's a job.

I have been exercising a lot lately. A friend talked me into doing boot camp with her for August. That's at a park 3 times a week at six in the a.m. I thought I would die. Now I'm glad I went and am trying to keep up with the exercising even though it's not nearly as intense as boot camp was. I'm already noticing a difference in toning if not in weight loss.

i bought a fabulous dress for the wedding and just want to look better in it so I'm keeping up with the exercise. I'm joining another friend for a one day a week boot camp session at the end of this month. Totally not what I thought I would be doing but am feeling great.

Now the sad/bad stuff to share so that you can pray if you're led to. My mom is in the hospital with pneumonia. She's supposed to have knee replacement surgery next week but I think that'll be postponed. Please pray for healing.

My brother, 46 yrs old, has been diagnosed with lung cancer. It's very scary for us and we appreciate all the prayers for him also. He starts chemo soon.

That's my update. I will read your posts and pray for the concerns I see there also.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

It is raining and raining, got 3.3 so far! Some places got almost 16 inches so far. I have not seen the top of the tank yet, sure hope it gets filled we need it so much. My milk goat had her babies (twins) Labor day, surprise! Was not due for 5 days, so far doing good. All my pain went away and now....this morning I felt like I needed a grease job,...gee wiz.

Oh I just love watching the rain and hearing it on our tin roof, just love it, and I sure don't mind getting wet tending to the animals. Bat-Girl ( duck) just loves it to she sleeps out in the rain. She wants me to turn the chickens out, she loves to play with them but they don't have the sense to get out of the rain!

Wilma I am praying for your Mother and brother here in Texas, so thankful your children are doing good and you sound like WOW! Girl! GO WILMA GO!!!
I wish I had that much get up and go, think mine walked out the door without me.

Gary, that is wonderful you have taken your time on the weekend to help out, your a mighty good man to do that. Jesus see's and he has a good memory.
Gary what is Orange Chicken? Rosebud what is cukes & toms?

Last edited by Bootsie; 09-08-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote