Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 12:42 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Friday THANK well you know who ;)

Hey Girls is 12:30 am and I have been home about an hour originally I intended to be back in NB by 8 so i could cover this presentation for journalism class yah well I ahd my first day of working in he city and i was trying to fix the puter system so that didnt work so they hired NF to fix it for them
he and i were going to just grab aquick slice and go our seperate ways but we ended up getting caught in the rain and we ended up at some tourist trap restaurant
got caught snugglgn by the waitress and he mentioned ahvign ideas for xmas and bday gifts for me mind u my bdays 8 months away who knows I'm going nuts I'm wondering if i like him more than he likes me
ar g I'm sorry i havent put enuf time into u guys i miss you and i hae catching up in the middle olf the night!
bb tommorrow
Love
Kier
Old 10-18-2002, 08:51 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Good Morning and TGIF!!!!

Oh Kierie, honey, if he's talking about your birthday eight months away and is willing to be seen "canoodling" (don't you just hate that word?) with you in public, I think that it's safe to say that he likes you an awful lot. And if you're feeling a bit insecure and anxious about how much you like him, that's a big sign that it's the real deal. I'm glad things are working out so nicely for you, you deserve to have good things happen to you!!!

Good morning to everyone else. After two snowy days here in southern MN, can I just offically say that I regret saying I was tired of summer and was anxious for the cold weather to come? I'm finding out that Aaron is no longer the docile two-month old that he was at the start of last year's cold weather, and wrestling him into his winter coat, hat, and mittens is a bit like wrestling gloves onto an octupus. As soon as you get something on him, he just takes it right off and laughs. Jen, did Emma do this??????

What's everyone doing this weekend? We're having a quiet family weekend, with no commitments and lots of movie rentals. We may even get a sitter and go somewhere, just the adults! I can't even begin to plan such a thing...it sounds to good to be true!

I'll be around today. Hope we get lots of posters!!!
Old 10-18-2002, 08:59 AM   #3  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

That's a cute thread title, Kier! Tee-hee - it made me chuckle.
So who exactly is "NF" ... I mean what does it stand for? I'm a little slow when it comes to these things. How was working in the city?

Happy Friday everyone!

Today is a new (again) start for me. Fully intended (weren't all my other days too?) to be OP. I am even going out for a walk now. Who cares if I'm late to work ... I need to do this for ME! Yesterday I brought my walking clothes to work w/ me and forgot my SNEAKERS of all things. DUH!

Belle - It sounds like the baby is doing good (I have to read through yesterdays posts). I am glad to hear that. Thank you for taking the time to keep us informed. Othewise I know that we would all be worried about you! They can do amazing things these days w/ medicine. Keep your thoughts positive.

A friend sent me a good quote yesterday: [I think this is how it goes] " If you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere."
That's what I have felt like - bitter; and I can't seem to find happiness or joy in anything I do. Time to let go. I want to be happy. I've got a few co op/condo prospects to go look at. Not in my "location range", but I've got to go see what's out there. Gotta start somewhere!

Hope you all are having a great Friday! Looks like we've got some rain headed our way tomorrow.

I'm off all weekend ... something I can't imagine. I'm not going to know what to do w/ myself. A good opportunity to go look @ some places, actually.

OK ... I'm off! I hope the threads are busy today!
I feel chatty!
Old 10-18-2002, 09:15 AM   #4  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Post Thursday Responses ... I'm a little behind

Belle - What a beautiful baby! And what a head of hair! Your sister must of had a lot of heartburn (that's a preggo wivestale, but I think it's cute).

Jen - You know May 2003 doesn't seem THAT far away! Wow! I must say that maternity clothes are so much more fashionable now. Old Navy & Gap didn't have a maternity line when I was PG and I just LOVE what they have now. I'm jealous! I'm missing out.

KT - Good advice! You want to do the best for everyone and you constantly question yourself "Am I doing what's best?". Not easy. And sometimes, the advice sounds so simple coming from a friend, because you're hearing what you want to hear, but I've also talked to my "married, w/ kids" friends who remind me that my "single/dating/no kids" friends have a different situation. Usually people who want "out" when kids are involved, want it with good reason.

Laura - I let the DEVIL into my office yesterday (this is a post thursday post). Too many goodies left out downstairs unattended. I even too a picture of the plate I made up and sent some "virtual" cookies to my friends. Hahahhaha~

Lori - Have a GREAT time this weekend!

This is a post Thursday post to Thursday's thread ... I think you get the idea ...

HI JAYNE ... WE WERE POSTING AT THE SAME TIME!
Old 10-18-2002, 09:26 AM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello!

Good morning, everyone! Just wanted to stop in and say hello and tell you how (bad) WI went. First of all, this last week has not been an especially good one for me. Thursday, BF and I went to Fazoli's. Sunday was my dad's birthday and he wanted pizza and breadsticks. Monday was my out-of-control PMS-related eating spree, Wednesday was Boss's Day (Chinese buffet for lunch) and yesterday Mom and I went out for dinner and boy did we pig out. We've both been doing WW since January and just wanted to eat. So, now that all the festivities are over, I have got to get my butt back OP. Oh, and I was up .6 at WI last night, which isn't all that bad, considering the week I've had.

I did a little shopping last night. I picked up a few stamping supplies (a sponge brayer and self-healing mat). And then I got some clothes--a long-sleeve T-shirt that has two little stick people and a snowman on the front that are all glittery and says "Chilling with friends". Its kind of hokey, but it was super-cute. I also got another pair of the best-ever dress pants. I have the hardest time finding dress pants because the regular are too short and the talls are too long in the crotch area. Besides, they're always pleated and I don't want to draw attention to my tummy pooch. The pants I got are black, no pleats, and straight-legged and never wrinkle. (I already have one pair but I don't think I'll ever be able to get enough of these). They had a bunch of other colors that I wanted to get, but I just went with black for now. Hopefully I'll be into a size 10 soon.

So, does everyone have something fun planned for their weekend? Tonight, BF is coming over and staying the night. Tomorrow, I have to work at second job in the morning and then some friends and I are going to Vala's Pumpkin Patch, which is this pumpkin patch (obviously) that has all kinds of fun stuff to do, like a haunted house, hayrack rides, little shops, a petting zoo, a rabbit farm, all kinds of fun stuff. That should be a really good time. Sunday is Sopranos night and BF and I will probably watch that together. Next weekend is the one I'm really looking forward to. I'm taking a half day of vacation and going to Kansas City with my Close to My Heart upline (her name is Lisa) for some training and to officially sign myself up to be a consultant. Then, Saturday night, I have a Halloween party and Sunday is my birthday. Whoohoo! Nothing major planned for my birthday yet, and I doubt that anything major will be planned, probably just doing something with my parents and maybe Big Aaron.

Kier--I wish that I had some info/input to offer on the NF situation, but I'm confused... Is this the same NF as before with the family that didn't approve of you? Or is this a different NF? Once my confusion is cleared, maybe I'll have more advice to offer.

Jayne--You got snow? A few days ago, I would have said that I'm jealous, but now that you mention how much it sucks, I'm kind of glad that we don't have any. Trying to keep track of hats, gloves, mittens, etc. is a challenge (and I just have myself to take care of.) Not to mention cleaning off the car and everything else. Yeah, I guess I'll quit hoping for snow (even though I'm sure we'll have a good snow before Halloween).

Well, that's about all I know. I'll try to stop back in later and jabber some more.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:55 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all. We have snow here too. And it is so dark outside. Kind of gloomy. I still haven't cleaned out all my flower beds, bad me!!

Jayne... Yup, Emma did the same thing and she still does it. Last year I used to put her mittens on first, then the jacket. She had a harder time pulling the mittens off then. But wait until he discovers he can pull them off with his teeth!!! I figured that if I could get her to the car before she rips them off, I am OK! This year she need mittens on a string because she will be outside with Daycare and is much more active!!

Deb... When I was PG with Emma they didn't have Gap or Old Navy Maternity. Now they do. I have some uckky maternity clothes because I didn't have a lot of choice!!! I already bought a shirt and swim suit from Old Navy. Need the Swim Suit for Emma's Swim Class. I am still wearing my regular one, but last night my belly was really sticking out!!

Jess... what brand of pants are those?? I have the same problem as you. Also, I have a thinner waste than hip ratio, so the wastebands always gap at the back!

OK, have a meeting.... later!!!
Old 10-18-2002, 10:34 AM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Default The DEVIL in my office is back....

.... and this time it is my boss! Ladies, I need you help in combating him! My boss anounced this morning that we are having a mandatory staff lunch. His exact words were "everyone will go and everyone will enjoy themselves." (No joke) He had me order from Donatos. I got to choose the pizza's so I ordered 1 veggie and 1 chicken veggie medley thinking that I could eat a little of one of those. So I went to Dotti's to check the points but they are listed for 1/8th of a 14" pizza. I can't find on the Donato's site whether the medium or large is a 14". Do any of you know? I've worked so hard to stay in my points range and eat healthy the last 2 weeks and WI is tomorrow and I don't want to blow it. Pizza wouldn't be bad but I'm already going out to dinner tonight. Help me please.

Boss just opened his door. Will respond to you guys later.

TIA

Laura
Old 10-18-2002, 10:40 AM   #8  
Bono Fanatic!

Thumbs down Happy Friday!

Just a quick post to say hi, girls!

My sister was induced this morning, so my new nephew should be here soon! (although who knows how soon!) I am really excited, but bummed because I won't be able to meet him until next weekend. I am volunteering all day tomorrow at a Halloween party for kids affected by AIDS and then have to spend all day Sunday studying as I have another midterm on Monday. But I will get out there next weekend and I can't wait!

I had a midterm this past Monday (They aren't graded - my finals are 100% of my grade) We are given them for practice and to give the prof. an opportunity to give us feedback. Well, I had "excellent" and "outstanding" written on each page of my answer (essay test) and then at the end he wrote that my answer was "perfect"!!! I am still in shock - I didn't realize that I had such a firm grasp of the subject, but of course I am ecstatic! Hopefully I will do close to that well in my other classes.

Hi to everyone else! I will post this weekend while I am studying so I have a chance to address everyone individually.

Have a great weekend!
Old 10-18-2002, 10:42 AM   #9  
Bono Fanatic!

Laura - I don't know what size a 14" is, but just eat one small piece and drink tons of water. If anyone asks, say you aren't feeling very well. You are doing SO well and I'm sure you will be fine!
Old 10-18-2002, 11:03 AM   #10  
Cockeyed Optimist

O.K. I ditched the boss. Hee-hee.

Kier - honey, listen to Jayne, her advice (as usual) is right on.

Jayne - oh yes get the babysitter and go out with hubby on a date. In fact, have if you can swing it, get the sitter to come a little early so that you have some un-aaron time to get beautiful. That will add some va-va-voom to your date!

Deb - you sound so unhappy lately. I know that you're in a tough situation but can you find one thing each day to take joy in (your walk, eating OP, a bedtime story with your son). That might make everything else seem less abysmal.

Jess - I do that all the time with clothes. Fall in love with a piece and by it in 2 colors or the same color for when the first wears out.

JenL - I want mittens with strings! I remember those. Hated them as a kid but now I think it'd be an easy way to avoid losing gloves.

JenK - yeah you! Congratulations! The marks on your midterm are awesome! I have no doubt that someone as smart as you can perfectly grasp each subject you study in law school. I'm just glad your prof recognizes it. I'm sorry you won't get to meet your nephew until next weekend. If you have time, let us know about his arrival. And you're right about the pizza - one small piece. I can always go to the cafe later and get a garden salad to fill in the cracks if I'm hungry.

I'm not sure why I flipped out about the pizza. Other than my boss is driving me nuts....he keeps interrupting my quality 3FC time by asking me to work! (Ha-Ha)

Back to the grindstone....

Laura
Old 10-18-2002, 12:03 PM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Laura, I am making Emma's Mittens, so I can knit you are pair on strings. I should market these! Adult mitten on strings! Too Cute. I remember in school people with strings always got picked on. But as a mom, that's the way it's gonna be!!! We lost a mitten last year because Emma through it out of the shopping cart, and I am not going through that again. We couldn't find the mitten so now we have 3 of one kind because we had to buy another set!

Jen... YIPPPPPEEEE on the midterms! Let us know how the little nephew is once he makes his appearance into the cold cold world!!!!
Old 10-18-2002, 12:06 PM   #12  
Scotland's finest export

hi guys,
haven't had much time to get online.
belle, i hope carmen is still doing well, fingers crossed for her.
jess - happy birthday on sunday!
jenk - you clever cookie! let us know when your nephew gets here.
i'm sure i had lots to say here but things are mad at work and i have to go.
so i hope you all have a fantastic weekend and i'll see you girls on monday,
kirsty
Old 10-18-2002, 12:53 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Hi guys - I'm so looking forward to this weekend I can't believe it - and I only worked three days this week! I plan to veg tonight big time. Have a bath (my new place has the biggest tub I've ever seen in my life!) and maybe organize the bathroom a little. I should also get rid of the boxes in the living room but thanks to my mom and sister, they're empty boxes at least. This weekend I'm going shopping to buy my bedframe and maybe a new couch and maybe a picture or two for my bare walls. It's crazy how much I am loving being in my own place! OK -
Kier - Snuggling in a tourist trap sounds good to me!
Jayne - I have a super funny image of you trying to wrestle your child into his outside clothes - that'll keep me entertained as I suntan on my lunchbreak.
Deb - co-ops can be fantastic and there are some really nice ones out there - I hope you find something that makes you happy - because when it comes down to it, that's the important thing.
Jess - Have a great time at the pumpkin patch!
Jen - my pregnant friend was so happy to hear that there is another woman in the world who was showing before 16 weeks - she takes the books a little too seriously sometimes.
Hi Laura Jen and Kirsty - I have to run across campus now - I'll be back later
kt
Old 10-18-2002, 02:31 PM   #14  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hEY GIRLS
Jess NF is the one from before wit the bad news family but it seems hes standing up for me
Deb NF -new friend tho he's an old friend I still cant call him BF
JenL I WANT THOSE MITTENS
Jayne are you enjoying your tiem to yourself and the A-man
JenK congrats onyour midterms honey!!! I'm so proud you do so many good things!
Laura sliver of pizza and ~~~~~~DIETCOKE~~~~~~
Hi Kirst!
my weekend should be good dinner with girls tonight and a bar night with my friends out here saturda and dunno about sunday i'm supposed to go to a bday party but IM IN MIDTERMSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Old 10-18-2002, 05:31 PM   #15  
Canadian Chick

Hey girls,

Its been such a long time. I hope that you haven't all forgotten me. I know you've all been in my thoughts quite often. To tell the truth I've really been avoiding you all. Since my wedding in June I have been so far gone-I have been indulging in everything I shouldn't. The worse part is I didn't even care Exercise became a foreign language & fastfood & double chocolate cookies became a staple in my diet Lately I've noticed that I am huffing & puffing after coming up 12 stairs from out basement I am so embarrassed to admit any of this but I need your guys support. I weighed myself for the first time in months & I am ashamed to say that I weigh more than I ever have in my life. Since our wedding I've already put on 12 pounds so now I weigh in at a shocking 285lbs I'm freakin here. And to top it off about an hour later I ripped my pants sitting down! Thank goodness I was at home! Also I checked my BMI & I am now declared Extreme Obesity! Very scary!! In order to have a healthy BMI I need to lose 115Lbs! I checked another calculator that said a healthy weight for me at my height & my frame is between 142 & 156! I can't remember when I ever weighed that-may grade 8?? A long long time ago! Anyway I feel like I have to take control & get myself to a healthy weight. I know its going to be a long long road & it will probably have ups & downs but I'm a really stubborn person so I know I can do this. I need to go back to what I was doing that works for me-part of that is coming here & getting support from you guys. So sorry for abandoning you all. It will take me some time to get caught up on all your lives & to meet everyone who wasn't here when I used to come here everyday. I dug out my WW books which were buried in the bottom of our junk drawer & I started counting today. So far I've only had 13 points I also prodded my hubby to go for an hour long walk with me even though its snowy & cold outside Yay progress! I know its only day one but I feel really good about this. I'm tired of being tired all the time & having no energy to do anything I'm also tired of having little confidence-when I'm in public I just want to hide & not be noticed. That is so not the real me! When I was fit & felt sexy I was so confident I would constantly be making new friends b/c I would talk to anyone. Now it feels like my world is so small & I've been hiding out in it. I am ready to change that. I just want to thank you all for being here to listen to my ramble.

Things that are new with me:
-Hubby went back to university after a four year break & so our income has really shrunk & we're more in debt thanks to student loans! The money part of it sucks but I'm really glad he went back to school. In the long run it will be better for us.
-Work is incredibly busy & I still love it.
-My Dad's wife is due with my new sibling on October 31st! Weird yet cool. I already have a brother from their marriage who is only 7 & he's superfun !
-I think I'm finally used to my new last name!!
RIght now that's about all I can think of. Pretty sad that I haven't been here in months & I only have a few new things to share!

Some of the things I missed are pretty exciting
-Congrats JenL on the baby! That's so great! Hope its as cute as Emma!
-Congrats Kim on the engagement! When did this happen? I need to go back & read all the exciting details!
-Belle so sorry to hear about your neice. I pray it will all turn out all right.
-JenK congrats on the new nephew! Is life in law school everything you hoped for?
-Jess Have a happy b-day!
-Kier are you back in the US? Good luck with your NF.

Any other big news I missed? I'm going to see if I can get some of my wedding pictures uploaded for you all to see. They turned out great but they never look right when their scanned-I think maybe something is funny with our color. Oh well. Anyway I think I should run. I willl probably pop back in on the weekend.

I've missed you all! Take care!

-Rina

Last edited by RhubarbJelly; 10-18-2002 at 05:54 PM.
Closed Thread