Metabolic Research Center - September Thread

View Full Version : September Thread

wendinnc
09-01-2010, 06:39 AM
Happy September everyone! It's hard to believe that the summer is coming to an end. I am excited about some cooler weather in the coming weeks (I hope :) ) and the chance to get outside more and do activities without the heat taking it's toll.

I plan on really focusing and doing the best I can this month. I am excited! Let's have a great month together and help one another along this journey. :carrot:

sgustin8
09-01-2010, 09:42 AM
Hello all-Yay a new month! I am heading out of town for a family get together over labor day....my dad is already talking about burgers and ribs.....I plan on making as good of choices as possible, but my goal was to get to this weekend and be able to let loose a little. So, I will watch the carbs and the portions. I also bought some protien bars for the time in the car and those really difficult situations!

sgustin8
09-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Whoops-I posted that before I wanted to. I plan on getting back to strict OP after the weekend so I can lose the last 10-12 lbs. (well, it may be about 15 by the time i get back :)) So, everyone have a great Labor Day and I look forward to the support to help me on the last leg of the journey!

guinevere75
09-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Sept. is definitely going to be the hardest month for me since I got started - this weekend, I'll be in San Francisco w/my sister for 4 days, and then next weekend, I'll be in Mexico at an all-inclusive w/my best friend for a much needed girl's weekend. We'll be scuba diving quite a bit, so I'm hoping to stay OP as much as I can and actually get in some good, solid water sports/exercise while there. I've got myself prepared to stay OP - it's as much a mental game as anything else! I'm down almost 30 lbs since I started, and at least now I won't be embarrassed in my swimsuit!! :) Have a great month, everyone!

Jace1234
09-01-2010, 11:43 AM
hello everyone im back on the horse...this is my day 2 after restarting and it feels like i never left! I hope I lose as successfully as I did last time! I go back to work next week and think the routine will really help me stay focused...I take the All Day Weight Loss suppliment and have a ? about it if anyone else takes it would you send me a message and I can ask you about it? Thanks everyone!

soon2b1hotmama
09-01-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm excited to see what September brings. I'm on day 18 and have lost 9.5 lbs and 12.5 inches so far so if I can keep that pace through September I should be more than halfway to my goal by October which is the plan. That would get me to goal by the time I meet my new grandson in November!
Hope everyone else has a great month and this heat goes away soon!!

AngelaB
09-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Sigh. I am back. Wish I could say that I've had a good couple of weeks...but I have NOT been OP and I don't know what happened. Was doing SO good. I haven't been writing anything down, drinking my water, taking my supplements...nothing. I guess the good news is that I am still the same weight as I was a few weeks ago...but how do I go back into the center with no food charts, no nothing...I guess I'm nervous about that. I'm going to have to pay the $99 fee to continue after next month - my contract will be up then. :(

GoalAug2010
09-02-2010, 07:37 PM
AngelaB, welcome back! You're the same weight as you were, so no harm, no foul. You're back now and over halfway to your goal!

Don't worry too much, just go back into the center, spill the beans and recommit to losing the rest of the weight. I myself had a mini freakout at around 45 lbs, so maybe it's like the 'mid-diet crisis'. I'm sure the center will understand. The important thing is to think about why you went rogue so you can prevent it again.

Welcome back!

ladystarrider
09-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I guess the good news is that I am still the same weight as I was a few weeks ago...but how do I go back into the center with no food charts, no nothing...I guess I'm nervous about that. :(
No worries - I went back after a 21 day absence for a road trip. I didn't track or stick to program religiously. I was relieved not to have gained anything. The center folks should be glad to see you, especially if you are going to reup your contract next month!

bbygrl77
09-02-2010, 11:02 PM
I have a problem. I'm going away to Denver for the weekend for a much needed break. I can resist most of the food in the big city,( the Cheesecake Factory, Crispy Creams, etc.) There is one thing that I feel I have to have. Pink Berry frozen yogurt. It's crazy that things we've always been told are good for us are now off limit. The other day I beat myself up for caving and eating a 32 calorie bag of fresh apple slices. After all, I had already had a half of a small orange for breakfast. I can't wrap my mind around the fact that eating an extra piece of fruit is cheating. I'm pretty sure i'm going to have a small frozen yogurt. I just hope it doesn't mess me up too bad. It took me a week to not feel dizzy and weak after I first started the plan. BTW, i'm really digging the chocolate pudding and creamy chicken soup.:?:

theycallmemom
09-03-2010, 08:43 AM
hI ALL - Was 201 this morning!! WOOHOO!!

So, I think I have been on the beige menu, 6 ounces meat, 4 ounces cooked or 8 of raw veg. I think I remember going on the blue menu next??? Can anyone help me out here? Is it blue for under 200? Also if so I need the blue menu...problem is it has to come in email, and cant be a pdf...my computer is having issues and I just haven't been able to take it in for repairs...Any help would be greatly appreciated

hatethesweatpants
09-03-2010, 09:05 AM
hI ALL - Was 201 this morning!! WOOHOO!!

So, I think I have been on the beige menu, 6 ounces meat, 4 ounces cooked or 8 of raw veg. I think I remember going on the blue menu next??? Can anyone help me out here? Is it blue for under 200? Also if so I need the blue menu...problem is it has to come in email, and cant be a pdf...my computer is having issues and I just haven't been able to take it in for repairs...Any help would be greatly appreciated

If you're on metaslim, it's green menu under 200 - that would be 4oz meat, 8oz veg/4oz, max 4 HNS/day.

wendinnc
09-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Went to weigh in this morning and down 1 more pound. :) Hopefully next week I can lose one more and make it to the 30 pound loss.... I am going to try my hardest to reach that goal by next weigh-in.
I hope you all have a great holiday weekend!

tmarshall
09-03-2010, 09:59 PM
Rough week, CHOSE. to go off plan for pizza and chicken, stalled my weight loss, but I should be happy because I have loss 52 lbs so far, back to the program, better week next week

AngelaB
09-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Well, I went back to the center today, and I am so glad I did. I gained 1 lb, and as much as I was off plan, I was okay with that! They did measurements, and since my last measurements exactly a month ago, I was down 6 lbs and had lost 7 inches! So I am back on plan and excited to keep on losing!!!

Thanks for all the kind words - with the support here, I know we can ALL DO IT!!!

ladystarrider
09-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Went to WI this morning thinking I had netted exactly no losss this week according to my home scale. Not so - I lost two more pounds, so I got to sign the 40 pound board and have my picture taken. I couldn't wait to get home to change my tickers! We did stop at the grocery on the way to pick up lots more healthy OP food for this week. Our Walmart was out of frozen ground buffalo, but I plan to check our other store this afternoon. I didn't realize there was no restriction on buffalo like there is on beef, and it makes the BEST chili. Now that cooler weather is coming, chili is so good, made with McCormick's low sodium seasoning packet and fresh tomatoes. For lunch you can even add a little shredded cheese. Outstanding! Now to keep my good thing rolling and resist off program stuff at a bridal shower this afternoon... :cloud9:

AngelaB
09-04-2010, 04:49 PM
- I lost two more pounds, so I got to sign the 40 pound board and have my picture taken.

Great job!! Woohooo!!!

Rocki
09-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Hey everyone! I'm back to MRC again. I just can't seem to stick to anything lately. I lost almost 50 lbs with MRC 2 years ago. As of last December I had kept all but 6 lbs off. I've been up and down 25 lbs since then. I had gotten down to 124 and then back up to 155 as of Monday, August 23. I started back OP again and got down to 147 and now I'm 149. UGH!

I can't afford to pay to go to the center right now (I've paid 3 times already) and I can't find my Green Menu copy. Can someone please tell me the breakdown? I know the bread/meat for breakfast, fruit/meat/veggie lunch and bread/meat/veggie dinner (maybe fruit too)..but I'm not sure. If I have cheese for breakfast or lunch in place of my protein, how much can I have? Is it 2 oz, or just 1 oz? I just had steel cut oatmeal for breakfast and 2 oz cheddar cheese. If someone has a copy they could message (or email me), that would be great. Or, if you could just post it here I would be grateful! I have a HUGE folder with all the MRC stuff in it and I just can't find it anywhere. I had signed up in April (time expired in August) and I did NOTHING! I'm so irritated with myself for doing this.

I'm glad to back in the saddle again and hope to find some inspiration here and hope to give some as well! Take care and I hope you all have a great day.

The only thing I will be doing different is using a protein drink bought at the store, instead of the MRC drinks. I know they'll have a gram of fat and maybe a few more calories, but I can't go buy all the MRC stuff right now. I had too much that I didn't use and had to toss away.

tmarshall
09-05-2010, 09:33 PM
Can someone help me with a niacin question, today I got a "flush free" Niacin, inositol hexanicotinate, 500mg, does it matter if your using a "flushing" Niacin and if not, how much should I be taking. Thanks.

Rocki
09-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Sorry, but what is Niacin? I was going to ask if anyone had any experience with Chitosan or any other fat blockers.

Can someone help me with a niacin question, today I got a "flush free" Niacin, inositol hexanicotinate, 500mg, does it matter if your using a "flushing" Niacin and if not, how much should I be taking. Thanks.

Rocki
09-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Way to go! That's awesome! You're more than half way to goal. What do you mean about there being no restrictions on buffalo? I thought we still had to make sure it was lower fat and only eat the 4 oz of protein normally allowed? Please let me know what you've learned. I need to get to the store and buy some ground bison ASAP! I just need to figure out how to stick to something for more than 6-7 days at a time! UGH! :(
Went to WI this morning thinking I had netted exactly no losss this week according to my home scale. Not so - I lost two more pounds, so I got to sign the 40 pound board and have my picture taken. I couldn't wait to get home to change my tickers! We did stop at the grocery on the way to pick up lots more healthy OP food for this week. Our Walmart was out of frozen ground buffalo, but I plan to check our other store this afternoon. I didn't realize there was no restriction on buffalo like there is on beef, and it makes the BEST chili. Now that cooler weather is coming, chili is so good, made with McCormick's low sodium seasoning packet and fresh tomatoes. For lunch you can even add a little shredded cheese. Outstanding! Now to keep my good thing rolling and resist off program stuff at a bridal shower this afternoon... :cloud9:

wendinnc
09-07-2010, 01:28 PM
I made it to -30 pounds today!!!!!!!! I am so proud of myself. :)

tambolina
09-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Ahhh... September! I am on day 4 of the plan and down 5 pounds. woohoo!!

I am excited for September, because I should be about a 1/3 of the way to my goal. I was really good over the long weekend and stayed completely OP even though I had someone bring dessert over to my house (I resisted), someone left a pack of Milk-duds on my counter (I gave them away), and I went to my mother-in-laws... (ugh, can't she accept no for an answer and is always trying to feed me).

Junie04
09-07-2010, 02:58 PM
I made it to -30 pounds today!!!!!!!! I am so proud of myself. :)

Way to go!!! I am so happy for you right now!

Hvnlymzic
09-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Hello everyone...

I've made a big decision for myself recently and thought I'd come share it. I'm going to be leaving MRC. I find my center trying to push the meta-hcg plan to me and to others and I am going in to talk to the manager later this week. I don't feel comfortable giving my money (lots and lots of it) to a company that promotes such an un-healthy plan. I'm sure they'll try to talk me into staying and if they say "oh, we're getting rid of that plan soon", I might stay, but I kinda doubt it. I've been at a stand-still for a long time (all summer) on plan and plan to try it at home instead. I'm going to give myself a little more flex (YIKES) and see if I can stick to it better. I'm not good with more flexibility, so I am prepared for this to not work as well as MRC.

I am not suggesting that any of you quit MRC. It's a great program (the original plan anyway) and it works really really well. I lost 140lbs with them and thank them for it and for teaching me how to eat. I'll tell them that when I go in...but my morals can't handle supporting their company anymore.

I want to stick around here...I like you girls (and occasional guys) and LOVE the support. I'll still lend knowledge to the plan as I do have experience with it and will encourage you in your journey as I'm sure you all will with mine.

Just wanted to let you know my decision. :)

tmarshall
09-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Hello everyone...

I've made a big decision for myself recently and thought I'd come share it. I'm going to be leaving MRC. I find my center trying to push the meta-hcg plan to me and to others and I am going in to talk to the manager later this week. I don't feel comfortable giving my money (lots and lots of it) to a company that promotes such an un-healthy plan. I'm sure they'll try to talk me into staying and if they say "oh, we're getting rid of that plan soon", I might stay, but I kinda doubt it. I've been at a stand-still for a long time (all summer) on plan and plan to try it at home instead. I'm going to give myself a little more flex (YIKES) and see if I can stick to it better. I'm not good with more flexibility, so I am prepared for this to not work as well as MRC.

I am not suggesting that any of you quit MRC. It's a great program (the original plan anyway) and it works really really well. I lost 140lbs with them and thank them for it and for teaching me how to eat. I'll tell them that when I go in...but my morals can't handle supporting their company anymore.

I want to stick around here...I like you girls (and occasional guys) and LOVE the support. I'll still lend knowledge to the plan as I do have experience with it and will encourage you in your journey as I'm sure you all will with mine.

You don't have to belong to a center to continue doing this program, it is a good program, and you don't need to spend all the money that MRC has you spend. I personally like your post, and there are many of us doing this on our terms, with the support of this board. Don't leave the board, we all need to stick together, and our main focus should be, to be healthy. Keep your chin up! We will all be here to help. Tammy

sgustin8
09-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Hello everyone! I am back from the long Labor Day weekend and it went OK. Thats the best i can say. I am up 3lbs and have been pretty bad about being totally OP for about 2 weeks, so I am starting over on the yellow menu. Tomorrow I am going to the store and cleaning out my fridge/pantry of non OP foods. I have that full bloated feeling that I loathed for years and I am ready to get rid of it.

HVLNYMZIC: i hear ya on the HCG thing. My center seemed to push it towards the end and it was a big reason for me to not continue with them. I am on my own with the plan and Im using this forum for the support I will no longer get at the center. Go us!

I think going back to the yellow menu will really kick start my loss back up rather than just going back to green, so I feel good about it. A little nervous about being hungry, but I just need to take it one day at a time. Does anyone agree with me? I have been pretty bad for a while and I think I just need a kickstart.....

Rocki
09-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Can someone please give me the green menu info (mostly the cheese oz we're allowed for breakfast or lunch)? I can't find my folder anywhere and as others have commented on here, my center is pushing the HCG and I can't go there anymore either. I've joined 3 times and have a TON of paperwork on it. I just can't find it anywhere. PLEASE help! :) Thanks so much!

Missinternational09
09-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Im so sorry to hear about the problems that you all are having with your centers. I haven't really had a problem with mine pushing the HCG program, but that's probably because I'm no where near my goal weight.

Well so far September has been an interesting week for me in my weight loss journey. One week I lost 5.5 pounds the next week i gained one pound then lost 2 and gained another pound when i weighed in today. I'm starting to think that my body is confused about what it wants to do. But to ensure that some weight loss is happening I've been eating nothing but OP foods and taking the supplements and vitamins like I was told. I have to admit im curios about how much I would have lost by Saturday.

Rocki
09-08-2010, 01:03 AM
I'm in the Tampa area as well! Good luck, this is an awesome program. I lost almost 50 lbs 2 years ago. I just got way off track at the end of last year and can't seem to find my way again. Can you tell me how many ounces of cheese we can have? :)

Im so sorry to hear about the problems that you all are having with your centers. I haven't really had a problem with mine pushing the HCG program, but that's probably because I'm no where near my goal weight.

Well so far September has been an interesting week for me in my weight loss journey. One week I lost 5.5 pounds the next week i gained one pound then lost 2 and gained another pound when i weighed in today. I'm starting to think that my body is confused about what it wants to do. But to ensure that some weight loss is happening I've been eating nothing but OP foods and taking the supplements and vitamins like I was told. I have to admit im curios about how much I would have lost by Saturday.

bbygrl77
09-08-2010, 02:18 AM
2 ounces of cheese, or one egg and one ounce of cheese ( and 1 starch). My favorite breakfast is an egg fried in Pam cooking spray on top of cheese toast. I use the Sara Lee light bread, and the Kraft 100 calorie individually portioned cheese which is exactly one ounce.

MEEZOOGIRL
09-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Hello everyone...

Hi Hvnly,

I completely agree.. My program was up last week, and I went in and told them that I couldn't afford to renew. They pushed the HCG program. and I said no Thank You about 5 times. Because if I can't afford to reup on the regular program, I could afford HCG. I believe in the orginal plan and it works for me.

I've had a tough summer, and have been back on the program for a few weeks. I never felt much love for most of the girls at my center. The few I liked only worked part time, so it was hit or miss if you ever got them. The others just pushed the products.

I've been doing the program on my own for the last week. I've ordered my drinks for DietDirect. I'll continue to do it on my own and see if I can "Make it work". Keep hanging in there Hvnly... These boards are great for motivation and inspiration..
Megan

Missinternational09
09-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Can you tell me how many ounces of cheese we can have? :)

Well im on the beige menu and you can have 3oz of cheese but only at breakfast

jakesmommy05
09-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Hi! I am new to MRC and started PreConditioning today. I go back in on Monday for the Food Instruction Class.

I'm happy to have found you all! This is a really great place.:carrot:

How do I get the weight loss counter thing at the bottom?

guinevere75
09-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Hevnly and Meezoo - girls, you can so do this without the centers! You're both doing so awesome - you've already started on significant weight loss journeys, and you should be very proud of yourselves! Not going to the center should not keep you from being successful at all.

Jakesmommy, I believe you have to post 10 or 25 times to get the ticker, and then you get it by going to the User CP (upper left corner), and then EDIT SIGNATURE.

tmarshall
09-09-2010, 08:08 AM
WI, today, finally got past the last plateau lost 2 lbs, for a total of 53lbs, seems like every 10 lbs, right before I go to the next tens, like from 40 into the 30s, I hit a plateau, it seems like it takes forever to get there. Only 78 lbs to go, hoping to hit onederland by Christmas! Thanks for all the support! By the way I know it has been at least 10 years since I've seen 230s. :)

Rocki
09-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Congrats! That's awesome! You can do it! Keep up the great work.

Jakesmommy..Good luck and stay motivated. It's hard but so worth it.
WI, today, finally got past the last plateau lost 2 lbs, for a total of 53lbs, seems like every 10 lbs, right before I go to the next tens, like from 40 into the 30s, I hit a plateau, it seems like it takes forever to get there. Only 78 lbs to go, hoping to hit onederland by Christmas! Thanks for all the support! By the way I know it has been at least 10 years since I've seen 230s. :)

GoalAug2010
09-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Still holding at 165... these last 15 lbs are proving to be quite stubborn. I just want them to go away!!!!! Perhaps this week i'll actually lose something :)

shannysmomma
09-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Went to WI today and I'm down 3.5 pounds this week for a total of 72 pounds!! I was so excited that I nearly cried.

Good job to all of you!!! You can do whatever you put your mind to!!!

sgustin8
09-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Yikes-I am having major belly bloat! I took fat/carb blockers over the bad weekend but I still feel so huge! I gained like 3lbs and I want it to go away... Im back OP and am hoping the next few days I will feel better. Im getting in my water but I cant believe I gained so much! Will this come off?

wendinnc
09-10-2010, 07:02 AM
Went to WI today and I'm down 3.5 pounds this week for a total of 72 pounds!! I was so excited that I nearly cried.

Good job to all of you!!! You can do whatever you put your mind to!!!

WAY TO GO!!!! That is such a fantastic accomplishment.... you sure have good reason to have tears of joy. :)
Congratulations! :)

hatethesweatpants
09-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Still holding at 165... these last 15 lbs are proving to be quite stubborn. I just want them to go away!!!!! Perhaps this week i'll actually lose something :)

I feel your pain! So close, but yet so far...
Hang in there!:hug:

teacherlady79
09-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Hi all--

I stumbled across this board while I was doing a search for MRC recipes, and I'm so glad I found you! I have to say, I've been logging in once a day, and reading your posts has really helped keep me motivated (I've really been struggling most days) to drink my water and stay on plan.

I started almost 2 weeks ago, lost 2 lbs in 4 days of PC (not sure why she didn't have me do a full week), then another 3 lbs on meal plan for a week, for a total of 5lbs so far. Yay!

Went to weigh in on Tuesday this week, and no loss/gain. I'm glad I didn't gain--I went OP a little over the weekend when we were out of town, but was still disappointed I didn't lose. Weighing in today after work... hoping to be back on track with losing, as I've been working hard at it all week.

soon2b1hotmama
09-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Hi all--

Went to weigh in on Tuesday this week, and no loss/gain. I'm glad I didn't gain--I went OP a little over the weekend when we were out of town, but was still disappointed I didn't lose. Weighing in today after work... hoping to be back on track with losing, as I've been working hard at it all week.

The same thing happened to me around the same time. They should have told you in your food info class that this may happen around the second week. If you've ever watched the Biggest Loser you see it on there all the time too. It's kind of your bodies way of saying whoa what are you trying to do to me now...you should see a drop in weight at your next WI as long as you are staying OP.

Great start!!! 5 lbs is AWESOME!!!

AngelaB
09-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I weighed in this morning - lost 5.5 this week!!! Most ever in one week since pre-conditioning!! I signed the 40 lb board, and am almost 1/2 way to the 50 lb board! :) :)

teacherlady79
09-10-2010, 01:47 PM
I weighed in this morning - lost 5.5 this week!!! Most ever in one week since pre-conditioning!! I signed the 40 lb board, and am almost 1/2 way to the 50 lb board! :) :)

That's awesome! See, it's posts like this that really keep me going. I'm hoping to be down 50lbs by my birthday -- Jan 1. Then I can get a bunch of gift cards for clothes. :)

hatethesweatpants
09-10-2010, 04:18 PM

:carrot::carrot: YAY!!!! :carrot::carrot:

SandyKC0SWJ
09-11-2010, 01:48 AM
I weighed in for the first time today since I went on vacation to Japan on August 23rd and lost 5.5lbs. I am so excited that I was able to lose because I was very nervous. I also signed the 50lb board!! Feeling pretty good about myself.
:goodscale

jakesmommy05
09-13-2010, 02:56 PM
I weighed in today for the first time. I lost 4.5 lbs on preconditioning. I got the yellow menu today.

I go to the center in Valdosta, GA. The ladies are sweet put they were really pushing pills on me today.

I'm excited about losing so quickly!

theycallmemom
09-14-2010, 08:42 AM
ONEDERLAND~~~:D

WOOHOO!! WOW !!! Haven't seen the 100's in a way long time!!!

Havent posted much this pasat week or so, had my Grandson visiting for a little over a week and just was having to much fun with my lil man!!!

Great to see everyones losses!!! FYI - you all keep me from sprinkling sugar on my flip flops and taking a bite!!!!

teacherlady79
09-14-2010, 10:56 AM
I weighed in last night after a rough weekend, and I was down another 2 lbs! Now I'm down a total of 9.5 lbs already!

My consultant joked that I should take some extra clothes off to hit the 10lb mark. :)

I'm supposed to start my period Thurs/Fri, so I probably won't lose any more this week. But, that makes me excited to see how I weigh in next week.

Junie04
09-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Well, I've been having a slow couple of weeks. I am hoovering at 39 pounds. I can't wait to hit the big 4-0! How many people can say that!

carolinagirlnc
09-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Happy September everyone, september is a very busy time for me as far as travel is concerned. Just got back from a trip to the mountains for the weekend weight in yesterday and had only gain a 1/2 lb. I work this week and then on Monday I am off to the beach for a week with the family. I should do ok with the beach, we are not eatting out every meal so I will have my hand in the food that I am eating. Were this past weekend I ate out seven times and only gain 1/2 lb.

Goal for September is to loss 10 lbs, walk more, and start toning.

khykel
09-15-2010, 11:51 AM
I am new to MRC, I have only been on the MRC plan for two weeks, and during that time have lost a total of two pounds. I have stuck to the plan and drink a min of 64 oz of water per day. I guess I should be glad to see some weight loss, but I just was expecting the numbers to drop a little faster, since the center says 3 to 5 pounds a week.

Joy2MeNu
09-15-2010, 12:00 PM
I am new to MRC, I have only been on the MRC plan for two weeks, and during that time have lost a total of two pounds. I have stuck to the plan and drink a min of 64 oz of water per day. I guess I should be glad to see some weight loss, but I just was expecting the numbers to drop a little faster, since the center says 3 to 5 pounds a week.

Are you doing the MRC plan with the guidance of a center? If not, you could be making some major mistakes. If you are, then take your food diary in and go over it carefully with them to see if you are consuming something you should not have or if your amounts are incorrect.

sgustin8
09-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Well, after my 3 week hiatus I am back on the OP track! I cannot beleive the difference I can tell in my body when i eat bad food compared to the good stuff OP! I am feeling a bit of a headache (caffiene withdrawl?) but other than that i feel good. Now, if I can just stick to my guns and get down into the 130's this month I will be ecstatic!!

I'm so glad this forum is here-I couldn't do this without all of you and your support!

megsmomma
09-15-2010, 12:26 PM

I remember when I started, they told me not to expect much loss in the first 11 days. It takes your body a few days to adjust and then you'll start seeing the bigger losses. Keep your head up, you're on the brink of seeing results! The first 2 weeks is always hard, but then you'll really start seeing a difference, both in weight and how you feel!

tvmitche
09-15-2010, 01:10 PM
The “Headlight” Method for Achieving Healthy Change
simplemom.net

tambolina
09-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Keep working at it. The hardest part for me is getting all the food down in 1 sitting. Are you weighing your veggies/meat/etc? When I started weighing my salads, I couldn't believe how much it actually was. 8oz is alot of lettuce. :^: I am currently down 7 solid pounds and I started Sept 4th.

I also found walking just about 30 minutes a few times a week really effects the scale, the day after I walk I am typically down a pound.

khykel
09-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. I do weight everything as instructed, so hopefully I will start seeing the numbers go down a little faster in the next few weeks. You are right the last two weeks have been a challenge to make all the necessary adjustments, but I am in this for the long haul.

:badbat:

GoalAug2010
09-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Just got home from a surprising weigh in! 2.5 lbs down since friday which...
a) allowed me to sign the 60lb board!!!
b) put me .5 lbs beyond my first goal weight of 162.
c) brought my average to 2.3#/week which is the highest it's been since april!

11.5 lbs to go and i'll be finished!

sgustin8
09-15-2010, 10:45 PM

AWESOME!!! You are truly an inspiration!

theycallmemom
09-16-2010, 09:04 PM
OMGOSH I am having a major munchie attack and am having a really hard time staying out of the kitchen tonight!!! What the heck, all of a sudden I want to eat everything in sight!!!!! :?:

GoalAug2010
09-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Sorry to hear that theycallmemom! drink water - so much that you get so full and can't stomach the idea of putting something in your mouth.. that helps me :)

wendinnc
09-17-2010, 06:10 AM

What a great weigh-in!! :) Congratulations..... 60 pounds down is amazing! You must be so proud of yourself. I hope you do something to celebrate all of your efforts.

I go today to weigh-in and have my measurements. I will post the results later in the day.

GoalAug2010
09-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Hey wendinnc, wow, 5 lbs to go for you! i hope your weigh in goes well. Have you signed up for the next stabilization class? I'm hoping to make the October one.

wendinnc
09-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Hey wendinnc, wow, 5 lbs to go for you! i hope your weigh in goes well. Have you signed up for the next stabilization class? I'm hoping to make the October one.

well at w/i today I was down .5 .... which isn't much, but is par for course for me right now. I am okay with that as I inch my way closer to my goal. Like you, GoalAug2010, I have met and passed by two previous goals (my first at 155 and my second at 148) so I am pleased with my results overall. My measurements were another 4.5 inches lost totally 39.5 inches lost since my start in May. Even though I am just 4.5 pounds from goal now they suggest I stay on program and don't stabilize yet as my weight loss is just so slow. I have 4 more weeks left of my contract so I am not in a super hurry with time, but I am so ready to be in the next phase.

I have gotten such conflicting info from the center as to when I should stabilize. One counselor I saw last week was really encouraging me to take that step stating that the new choices and addition of more food may actually help boost my weight loss at this stage. She didn't see any reason to hold back and stated worse case scenario I didn't make my goal during those six weeks I would simply start back on the green menu. (and use up the weeks I didn't finish) I went in yesterday thinking that was exactly what I was going to do. She was a great adviser and I thought about what she said all weekend.
The counselor I saw yesterday said that once I start stabilization it is what it is and I would lose the unused weeks. If I didn't make my goal I would not go back to the green menu. She asked if I would be happy if I never saw the '142'. Of course not.... I didn't come this far to not get to the finish line. She suggested I take the 'fountain of youth' supplement. I was so taken back that at 4.5 pounds left to lose she would suggest a pill. UGGHH! I had such a negative feeling for the first time toward my center. I don't have any history with her... I think she has seen me 2 or 3 times on my entire journey. (and I go 2 times a week) Most of the other women that work there are so encouraging and have great advice. I wish I hadn't gone yesterday.
Anyway.... time to look ahead. I'll take it one day at a time.
:)
So... to answer your question.... I have not signed up yet for the stabilization meeting yet. I suppose it will be next month. We can begin that journey together and support one another. :)
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

jakesmommy05
09-18-2010, 03:46 PM
I WI on Friday and had lost another 3 pounds. Friday was Day 4 on the yellow menu for me and the 9th day total OP. I'm down a total of 7.5 pounds in 9 days!!!:D

I am thrilled! I hope it countiues to melt away!

GoalAug2010
09-19-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm sorry to hear that wendinnc, slower losses are no fun. I'm not as close to my goal as you are so I might get hit with that too in the end. For now at least though, i'm declaring war on this last 11 lbs. I've changed my workout routine, now i'm doing the Bar Method (they have dvd's too) which is completely changing my body and this week i lost 3 lbs, which has only happened a couple times. Also, i'm finding that when i work hard to get more than 96 oz of water, i'm seeing better results. So between the new workout and the upped water, I think my body is a bit shocked again.

The conflicting advice is tough, a lot of people say they lose a couple lbs on stabilization, but I could see that if your losses are slowing down, maybe they're worried you won't lose on that. Ignoring the scale for a minute, how happy are you with your body right now? Is it close enough that some toning would get you what you want? Or are you really looking to lose some additional pounds?

What has your loss average been? It seems with 4 weeks, you'll get to 142 if you hang in there and stay inside the lines. If part of your loss goal is getting to the finish line and not feeling like you gave up early, then I say you go for it and go on an all out war against those last few pounds.

Hope you're having a good weekend too!

teacherlady79
09-20-2010, 12:41 PM
I didn't expect to lose anything last week, as it was that time of month. But I was still down another 1.5 lbs (for a total of 11 lbs!) on Friday--all while fighting some wicked cravings!

Then, unfortunately, I blew it. Mostly due to poor planning on my part. Got hungry and ate pop tarts Friday afternoon. Ate some bread at Outback Friday evening. :o

Was doing really well on Saturday, until I went to a bbq. I was going to not go, but hubby told me I can't avoid all social situations because of food or people will stop inviting me. So, running short on time, I drank a replacement shake and brought my own water to the bbq. Despite the yummy treats all around me (Halloween candy, whoopie pies, chocolate fondue, brownies, chips, crackers, etc.) I held out.... until the very end. I couldn't take it anymore and ate a whoopie pie. I'm so disappointed in myself. :(

Weighing in today...hopefully I didn't gain and I can stay on track from now on.

Someone, please, tell me you had a great week/weekend and inspire me to do better! :^:

sgustin8
09-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Someone, please, tell me you had a great week/weekend and inspire me to do better! :^:

I can't tell you that I will be an inspiration, but I will commiserate and admit to "blowing it" myself. I had a pretty good week last week, but then on Saturday I was hanging with friends for the night. I drank vodka and crystal light and had too much.....I woke up on Sunday feeling HORRIBLE and went to, yikes...MCDONALDS. Yep, I had chicken nuggets with sweet and sour sauce and fries with tartar sauce. That was my "hangover cure" meal in high school, so I thought it would help me. Yeah, right. I ended up feeling worse and laid on the couch all day.

So, that just goes to show that old habits die hard-even though i have this new "lifestyle" those old ways rear their nasty heads from time to time. But, I am proud to say that I am totally OP today, doing metaquick and starting my C25K program!! Turkey Trot here I come!

Joy2MeNu
09-21-2010, 09:18 AM
You know, this thread just reminds me of something I have observed repeatedly since I began MRC. When I began Aug 09 to Feb 10, I hardly ever strayed from plan. And I felt so fantastic! But when I do totally fall off the wagon, it typically results in a bad stomach ache. -- The kind I use to get when I ate everything without a single thought -- which of course left me with weight issues! If you stay on plan, you just feel good. I know one girl with a gluten intolerance that has found an MRC plan that leaves her with no stomach issues anymore. So, if FEELING GREAT is a better option than EATING AND TASTING YUMMY FOOD, then this plan is tremendous. I just need to remind myself of this every time I just wanna eat everything in sight! I hate having a bad stomach ache!

skinnyby25
09-21-2010, 12:26 PM
it has been a full year since i joined mrc and i made my original goal of 155. i'm not completly satisfied with the way i look. i went from a size 16 to a size 8. i'm at 153lbs and my goal for now is 140. hopefully i will like the way i look when i get there. getting out of the 150s is so hard. i've been stuck at 153 for about 3 weeks. losing a pound is such a struggle now. i will lose inches, but the scale won't move for weeks. i want to see atleast 149 by the end of the month.

nepeanut
09-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Anyone have any good MRC soup recipes to share? I'm not crazy about the ones in the cookbook because of the tomato and chicken HSN they want you to use.

teacherlady79
09-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Woo hoo! I was hoping to at least stay the same after my disastrous weekend, but I lost another 2 lbs. I am thrilled! :dizzy:
I'm working hard this week to stay OP, just so I can keep seeing the number go down.

Joy2menu, unfortunately I don't feel physically bad after going off-plan. I kind of wish it made me have a stomachache or feel yucky--then maybe I'd be less likely to do it. I feel guilty and disappointed in myself, but that has proven to not be enough to keep me from doing it again.

teacherlady79
09-22-2010, 03:22 PM
nepeanut--

My center tells me I can't eat any soup that's not from their supplements or cookbook.

I even made myself a healthy marinara sauce from scratch for my "mock spaghetti" once, and then was told I shouldn't have done that because the tomatoes were supposed to remain uncooked, etc. Basically, it wasn't OP, even though all the individual ingredients were (all approved veggies & seasonings). :?:

I still lost weight that week, though, so I'll probably eat it again and just not tell them that it was made without the supplements.

Missinternational09
09-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Ugh!! I'm not feeling so great today. I think reading about other people reaching there goals or losing 45lbs in 2months is discouraging me somewhat. I know that my losing 20lbs in 2 months is considered pretty good and a nice normal weight loss, but being stuck at 212 for the last 2 wks has really got me feeling discouraged. I know that losing weight take times, its not going to happen the same for everyone etc etc. I think I just need some encouragement. I have been on the beige menu and following it pretty religiously, drinking all the water, and even adding in the extra HSNs that I am allowed. I know I need to exercise more and plan on starting that today.
Just feeling down I guess.

nepeanut
09-22-2010, 04:59 PM
nepeanut--

My center tells me I can't eat any soup that's not from their supplements or cookbook.

I even made myself a healthy marinara sauce from scratch for my "mock spaghetti" once, and then was told I shouldn't have done that because the tomatoes were supposed to remain uncooked, etc. Basically, it wasn't OP, even though all the individual ingredients were (all approved veggies & seasonings). :?:

I still lost weight that week, though, so I'll probably eat it again and just not tell them that it was made without the supplements.

Frustrating! I mean, if it has the right ounces of vegetables and protein, who cares if it's not in the cookbook. I love the lady that does our cooking classes, but, she took the summer off. I might see if the center will give me her email address and ask her about soups. I will eat soup when it's cold, plus, I need something new. After being on this diet for over a year I'm getting bored and I'm still about 50 lbs. from goal.

Joy2MeNu
09-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Woo hoo! I was hoping to at least stay the same after my disastrous weekend, but I lost another 2 lbs. I am thrilled! :dizzy:
I'm working hard this week to stay OP, just so I can keep seeing the number go down.

Joy2menu, unfortunately I don't feel physically bad after going off-plan. I kind of wish it made me have a stomachache or feel yucky--then maybe I'd be less likely to do it. I feel guilty and disappointed in myself, but that has proven to not be enough to keep me from doing it again.

I am glad it didn't make you feel miserable -- cause that is just no fun at all! One thing I did notice in my weight decline though -- that more times than not, I would eat something OFF plan in any given period, and still usually enjoy a loss -- maybe not huge, but nevertheless, a loss. I came to realize, and this is really deep here -- "It is what we do in the bigger picture that yields our success!" So you can afford to get slightly off plan OCCASIONALLY, and still see losses. And isn't that a great revelation to encounter! However, when I followed plan to the "T", I usually saw 3-5 lbs losses in a week's time! All about choices and what is truly important to us at any given time, I guess!

jakesmommy05
09-23-2010, 04:36 PM
WI was today for me. I'm on Day 10 of the program and I have lost 9.5 pounds!! YIPPEE!! I also got the green menu and was thrilled with the choices I have now! Love that I'm melting away!

Joy2MeNu
09-24-2010, 09:39 AM
WI was today for me. I'm on Day 10 of the program and I have lost 9.5 pounds!! YIPPEE!! I also got the green menu and was thrilled with the choices I have now! Love that I'm melting away!

This is great. You go girl!

Fab4two
09-24-2010, 10:36 AM

Congratulations!!! Keep up the great work!

khykel
09-24-2010, 11:23 AM
I went to weight in yesterday. I am down 6.5 pounds since start of program at first of month and 20 inches lost.

hatethesweatpants
09-24-2010, 01:23 PM
I surpassed my original goal of 166 this morning! I'm so excited! I'm shooting for about 10 more pounds - my contract is up at the end of October.

GoalAug2010
09-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Congrats hatethesweatpants! We're in the same boat.. just passed original goal and inching towards new goal of the last 10 lbs.

Congratulations!

hatethesweatpants
09-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Congrats hatethesweatpants! We're in the same boat.. just passed original goal and inching towards new goal of the last 10 lbs.

Congratulations!

Wow, we started at the same weight! I lose about 2lbs/week. Wanna make a friendly wager - see who gets there first? :devil: I could use any motivation I can get!
Deb

tambolina
09-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Had my WI today... down a total of 11.5 in 3 weeks!! I leveled out this week but think it is because of TOM because I was down 1.5 again this morning, so I am encouraged for the weekend. :dancer:

Monday will be difficult, I will be traveling all day in the car so it is harder to drink all my water without stopping every 5 minutes. I am bringing a bag full of food so I am not tempted and not hungry at any point. :scooter:

sgustin8
09-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Yay!! So happy for myself. I just got off metaquick and I am down 5lbs in a week! I went out last night and while my friends were eating cheesy fries and beer I had (and enjoyed!) a salad and vodka with crystal light. I am giving myself a little leeway and it is proving to make me so relaxed and not stress out so much!

ladystarrider
09-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Frustrating! I mean, if it has the right ounces of vegetables and protein, who cares if it's not in the cookbook. I love the lady that does our cooking classes, but, she took the summer off. I might see if the center will give me her email address and ask her about soups. I will eat soup when it's cold, plus, I need something new. After being on this diet for over a year I'm getting bored and I'm still about 50 lbs. from goal.

When I went for my food instruction class, one of the suggested usable items was the McCormick packaged seasoning mix for chili, provided you find the low sodium one. So when I'm in the mood for something hot and comforting, I make up a batch of chili using the mix, plus a pound of ground bison browned with a bunch of green onions and a rinsed can of plain pinto beans. I know there are sticklers out there who insist on no canned goods, but I'm too lazy to cook my own beans so I just read the labels and rinse the beans well. I deglaze the pot with a cup of cold water and toss in two 8 oz. cans of no salt added tomato sauce (the one I use is made by Hunts - those cans again!) I let it simmer, and it is fabulous! The beans are allowed on the green menu, the bison is allowed all the time. I figure if there is sodium hiding in there, I've minimized the damage as best I can by my purchasing choices.

I have never heard the bit about tomatoes having to be raw. I'm looking at the menu, and the only vegetable mentioned here specifically denoted as raw is tomatoes. I'm not sure why that is, so I plan to ask next time I go to the center. I wonder if it is because cooking concentrates the sugars in them? I love fresh tomatoes anyway, so during the summer I eat them every day as much as I can, just sliced into wedges and coated with a little olive oil, sea salt, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. I'm in heaven!

One more thought - there are items forbidden on our food plan which actually show up as ingredients in MRC products. Take caffeine, for example. We are told to avoid it, but the All Day Weight Loss product contains caffeine. IMHO, if it doesn't affect my weight loss, I don't get too hung up on minutiae.

nepeanut
09-25-2010, 10:53 PM
When I went for my food instruction class, one of the suggested usable items was the McCormick packaged seasoning mix for chili, provided you find the low sodium one. So when I'm in the mood for something hot and comforting, I make up a batch of chili using the mix, plus a pound of ground bison browned with a bunch of green onions and a rinsed can of plain pinto beans. I know there are sticklers out there who insist on no canned goods, but I'm too lazy to cook my own beans so I just read the labels and rinse the beans well. I deglaze the pot with a cup of cold water and toss in two 8 oz. cans of no salt added tomato sauce (the one I use is made by Hunts - those cans again!) I let it simmer, and it is fabulous! The beans are allowed on the green menu, the bison is allowed all the time. I figure if there is sodium hiding in there, I've minimized the damage as best I can by my purchasing choices.

I have never heard the bit about tomatoes having to be raw. I'm looking at the menu, and the only vegetable mentioned here specifically denoted as raw is tomatoes. I'm not sure why that is, so I plan to ask next time I go to the center. I wonder if it is because cooking concentrates the sugars in them? I love fresh tomatoes anyway, so during the summer I eat them every day as much as I can, just sliced into wedges and coated with a little olive oil, sea salt, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. I'm in heaven!

One more thought - there are items forbidden on our food plan which actually show up as ingredients in MRC products. Take caffeine, for example. We are told to avoid it, but the All Day Weight Loss product contains caffeine. IMHO, if it doesn't affect my weight loss, I don't get too hung up on minutiae.

Thanks so much for your insight. I too have found low sodium chili seasoning and used that with buffalo and canned no salt tomatoes. I leave the beans out because I don't like them. I don't know what the deal is with raw tomatoes, if you find out let me know. I too love raw tomatoes out of the garden, but, the ones I have to buy in the store now aren't the same. I weighed in today and lost 2 pounds. I need to get my mind back in the ballgame and get this weight off.

hatethesweatpants
09-26-2010, 08:50 AM
Thanks so much for your insight. I too have found low sodium chili seasoning and used that with buffalo and canned no salt tomatoes. I leave the beans out because I don't like them. I don't know what the deal is with raw tomatoes, if you find out let me know. I too love raw tomatoes out of the garden, but, the ones I have to buy in the store now aren't the same. I weighed in today and lost 2 pounds. I need to get my mind back in the ballgame and get this weight off.

Raw tomatoes vs cooked for the same reasons we don't eat carrots or onions - higher concentration of sugar.

theycallmemom
09-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Was kind of bummed today, have been really good following this diet, Ive had a few cheats, but nothing really to speak of. I know I have lost 20 pounds, but I thought I would look way skinnier with 20 gone....Anyway, today I went to Kohls, I knew my clothes were bagging on me and a co worker told me I needed to go down a size cause I was starting to look like an oompalumpa...and hubby had to work today...Anyway, I went, figuring I would not find anything that fit right, would be even more down in the dumps after having to stand in front of those goofy 3 way mirrors....Anyway, I AM DOWN 2 PANT SIZES!! Color me flabbergasted :dizzy: I was honest to God sitting in the dressing room texting people! I was so excited...and get this, I could actually see the weight loss in clothes that actually fit !! Talk about a HUGE incentive to keep going :D

(oh and I bought 3 pair of pants and 3 shirts!!! I almost cant wait to go to work tomorrow)

shannysmomma
09-26-2010, 09:52 PM
Was kind of bummed today, have been really good following this diet, Ive had a few cheats, but nothing really to speak of. I know I have lost 20 pounds, but I thought I would look way skinnier with 20 gone....Anyway, today I went to Kohls, I knew my clothes were bagging on me and a co worker told me I needed to go down a size cause I was starting to look like an oompalumpa...and hubby had to work today...Anyway, I went, figuring I would not find anything that fit right, would be even more down in the dumps after having to stand in front of those goofy 3 way mirrors....Anyway, I AM DOWN 2 PANT SIZES!! Color me flabbergasted :dizzy: I was honest to God sitting in the dressing room texting people! I was so excited...and get this, I could actually see the weight loss in clothes that actually fit !! Talk about a HUGE incentive to keep going :D

(oh and I bought 3 pair of pants and 3 shirts!!! I almost cant wait to go to work tomorrow)

AWESOME JOB!!!! I know how you feel about thinking you should look skinnier. I know I have lost a lot, but there are days that I just feel so fat still & I want to just cover myself up so people can see. I do feel a lot better when I actually have clothes that fit me on. You look in the mirror & it just hits you...holy moly look at me!!! Keep up the great work!!!

teacherlady79
09-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Well, I was up 1/2 lb on Saturday...pretty disappointing. I wonder, though, how much of that was actually gaining muscle mass, as I've stepped up my workouts. Now, instead of just going for walks, I started doing yoga 2x a week. Even though I was up 1/2 lb, I can feel a difference in my body with my muscles.

Or, maybe I'm making excuses. I haven't been drinking all of my water every day, I got a little lazy at weighing my food last week, and--again, due to poor planning on my part--I ended up eating completely off-plan for lunch one day.

Congrats to those of you with big losses this last week, though--you are keeping me motivated to stay on-track (even when the bakery donuts are right next to the produce section in my grocery store, so I get to smell the fresh donuts while shopping for veggies I don't particularly want to eat)!

Fab4two
09-27-2010, 12:02 PM

Way to go!!! It does feel good to see the 'fruits of your labor'!!!
Congratulations!!

hatethesweatpants
09-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Well, I was up 1/2 lb on Saturday...pretty disappointing. I wonder, though, how much of that was actually gaining muscle mass, as I've stepped up my workouts. Now, instead of just going for walks, I started doing yoga 2x a week. Even though I was up 1/2 lb, I can feel a difference in my body with my muscles.

It can be discouraging when just barely going off plan can result in a gain. I'm kinda happy for it, though, because it really keeps me on the straight and narrow. The beautiful thing is, every day is a new day! Starting today, you can weigh your foods, drink your water, etc! People have asked how I've lost the weight so quickly and it's nothing more than staying on plan, day after day, drinking my stupid water and taking my stupid vitamins. :dizzy: You can do it, too, just stick with the plan, it works!

And CONGRATS on your workouts! That's awesome!:carrot:

wendinnc
09-28-2010, 07:24 AM
At w/i today I was down 1.5 pounds. :) The last 2 weeks I only lost 1/2 pound each week so I was very happy with this number. I am so excited that I am getting closer and closer to goal.... I can almost taste it! :)
I plan on staying on the green menu until Oct. 18th when my contract is up and then starting stabilization.
I haven't been posting much, but am reading all the progress everyone is making everyday. You all keep me on track and inspired. Thank you!

shannysmomma
09-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Went to WI yesterday & was down another 2 pounds. I signed the 80 pound board!!!! It felt so great doing it!!! Can't believe that in 19 weeks I am down this much. I have only 5 weeks to go, but I did re-enroll for another 17 weeks. Hope I continue to be a big loser!!!

ladystarrider
09-29-2010, 06:38 AM
Went to WI yesterday & was down another 2 pounds. I signed the 80 pound board!!!! It felt so great doing it!!! Can't believe that in 19 weeks I am down this much. I have only 5 weeks to go, but I did re-enroll for another 17 weeks. Hope I continue to be a big loser!!!

That is just awesome - BRAVO for you! You inspire me to keep going (as I went out with DH last night and ate Mexican food, duh)!

MEEZOOGIRL
09-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Hi Ladies..
I've been MIA for most of the summer.. I've had a rough time staying on plan. Last week I decided to resign with the center. I just couldn't do it on my own. Bravo to those of you who can. I need the structure. Started last week, and went to WI yesterday and was down 5lbs.. YEAH!!! My body felt so much better being on plan. I did struggle on the weekend. I have a hard time getting all my HNS and water in on the weekend. I need to work on that..

Have a great week!!

Junie04
09-29-2010, 01:35 PM
At w/i today I was down 1.5 pounds. :) The last 2 weeks I only lost 1/2 pound each week so I was very happy with this number. I am so excited that I am getting closer and closer to goal.... I can almost taste it! :)
I plan on staying on the green menu until Oct. 18th when my contract is up and then starting stabilization.
I haven't been posting much, but am reading all the progress everyone is making everyday. You all keep me on track and inspired. Thank you!

Wow, look at you! You are almost there! 1.5 pounds is amazing! You will be below your goal once you start stabilization!

icansucceed
09-29-2010, 03:43 PM
I am truely amazed how well this program works and how great it feels. Restarted on Monday and as of W/I today I am down 4.5#. It's just amazing! Oh and the most impressive to me is that total inch loss to date is 40.5 inches. Did I mention how amazing this feels? I can't wait to surprise my husband when he comes home in a few days. Since the last time I saw him, I'm down almost 30#. (Hopefully he notices :) )

teacherlady79
09-29-2010, 08:46 PM
It can be discouraging when just barely going off plan can result in a gain. I'm kinda happy for it, though, because it really keeps me on the straight and narrow. The beautiful thing is, every day is a new day! Starting today, you can weigh your foods, drink your water, etc! People have asked how I've lost the weight so quickly and it's nothing more than staying on plan, day after day, drinking my stupid water and taking my stupid vitamins. :dizzy: You can do it, too, just stick with the plan, it works!

And CONGRATS on your workouts! That's awesome!:carrot:

You are absolutely right!

I was so determined after Saturday's w/i that I stuck to the plan--no "fudging" at all--and drank more of my "stupid water" than I have been. I weighed in yesterday and I was down FOUR pounds! FOUR! I've never lost that much at one time. :carrot:

Woo hoo! Now I"m down 16.5 lbs...I can't wait to sign the 20lb board!

hatethesweatpants
09-30-2010, 08:04 AM
You are absolutely right!

I was so determined after Saturday's w/i that I stuck to the plan--no "fudging" at all--and drank more of my "stupid water" than I have been. I weighed in yesterday and I was down FOUR pounds! FOUR! I've never lost that much at one time. :carrot:

Woo hoo! Now I"m down 16.5 lbs...I can't wait to sign the 20lb board!

AWESOME! It's really motivating to watch that scale number tick down. I try to remember that feeling when I'm tempted to eat off plan. Congrats! You'll be signing that board in no time!:hug:

aprilw94
09-30-2010, 07:57 PM
hey everyone...im back! I have had the most hectic clinical schedule so I haven't been on in a little bit but still maintaining. I have stayed op most of the time but my sodium levels have been up and I have had to add a snack in at night because Im there until 11pm and the HNS doesn't cut it. But that part of my schedule is OVER and I hope to see the scale get back to moving down!!!!!

jakesmommy05
09-30-2010, 09:01 PM
I WI today and had only lost .5 pounds this week. It was a little sad but atleast it was a loss! This was Day 16 OP for me and I am down an even 10 pounds.

I also finally got a ticker in my signature!!