Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-31-2010, 09:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: cw/220/gw/165

Height: 5'7"

Default The photo that changed my world

So, I threw a big birthday party this weekend and bought a beautiful dress. I felt pretty...My son was in charge of photos and when I went through them the next day there it was...the worst photo I have ever seen of me in my life. I looked like Grimace from McDonalds. How coule I look in the mirror and see 'pretty' and then see this photo which showed a woman out of control? I am determined to make this photo my "before" picture. I am committed to eating healthy, exercising and never looking back at that woman I didn't recognize. Has anyone else felt this way?
ct mom needing help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244.6/237/155

Height: 5'5"

constantly, I see myself as a very beautiful person, **** sometimes im even hot lol. But the pictures always show something completely different. I choose to think of this as a good thing, I acknowledge that I need to loose the weight, but can still be confident in myself and project that attitude towards everybody out there. Thats what matters most. And im sure you DID look wonderful in that dress.
MellyWag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Though, for me, I saw my former self as big and huge only after I lost the weight. I guess I'm backwards. When I was heavier, I didn't realize I was as big as I was.

I'm still very surprised when I see old photos. I had no clue, really.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:32 PM   #4  
over and over again

S/C/G: 336.1/328.7/160

Height: 5'6

I have definitely had a few of those pics. I do not ever take pics and the one time I was forced to by my mother inlaw, I saw the worst photo of me ever. I did not know I was as huge as the pic showed I was. It was disgusting. I had no face shape. I looked like a very stuffed sausage. I cried for a couple of hours after looking at it. Still after seeing that picture I didn't start losing weight until 3 months later. I have that pic up in the mini goals section. Worse pic ever.lol. Pictures definitely motivate u, thats for sure. I have some before pics on my fridge so I can think twice before I eat too much.lol
sarcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186.0/186.0/140

Height: 5"6"

I have had plenty of those moments! And I never want one again.
The last one, that really put me into focus was a trip down the gorge for the day with my boyfriend. We took our two wonderful dogs and I was so looking forward to a picture, all 4 of us, overlooking the beautiful view. When we got home and I saw the picture I honestly broke down in tears. Not only did I look horrible but the wind was blowing and made my stomach, etc look even bigger with the air that had gathered in what I thought was my "beautiful" shirt.
I keep that photo for motivation for myself.....but it will NEVER be public.
Peaches5577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:08 PM   #6  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

yup, been there, had that moment.
I remember studying during my psych rotation of nursing school, and reading about how anorexics can't see how thin they are, when they see themselves in the mirror, they see a fat person.
I think some of us who are in denial do the opposite, and see ourselves somehow thinner than we are. Either its in our heads or mirrors usually. For some reason we can't to ourselves the same way looking at photos tho.
I feel very slim in my new fall clothes, but am not really much thinner than I was last month. I do look good, but I'm still not really slim. Long way to goal.
But use your feelings, and good luck in getting rid of your weight. Whatever motivates you is a great thing.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:13 PM   #7  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

All the time, but I know that all the photos I cringe at will someday be before photos and once that I can set next to my soon to be AMAZING photos!

You can do this! Post often and let us know how you're doing!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

For me it was a video. I got to see, not just how big I looked, but how akwardly I carried myself. I knew I had gained a lot of weight, but really didn't see it until then.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote