Old 08-31-2010, 08:16 PM   #1  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Smile 20- Somethings WW Thread - September

Omgoodness cant believe it is September already!

It is Spring here in New Zealand. So beautiful. Looking forward to getting outside more.

How are you all today?!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

It's kind of funny that we are in two different months! Happy Spring!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:20 PM   #3  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Tehe yea! Its a little bit crazy.
Spring is amazing.
I have just finished Zumba. A friend of my brought it round for me so now when I cant be bothered going to the gym I have no excuse. I feel great.
Shower time then onto some uni work. :S
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #4  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Hm. Fall in Florida is turning out to be no different than summer, but since when was that odd, haha!

C'mon, Hurricane Earl.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Oh jeez, do NOT encourage Earl! The projections keep wavering between "HE'S COMING RIGHT FOR US" and "eh, he'll just brush by." Either way, we live a block from the water, so oh yeah. There'll be flooding. We're already planning on moving our cars to higher ground on Thurs night, just in case...

So! Today marks a week of me being OP, and despite eating more than my WPA (I stopped counting at 35, I probably went over by 5-10), I still lost 2.6! So WOOT. I'm moving back into last Fall territory - I had previously lost 30lb with WW and then put 23 of it back on. When I hit 181 I'll be at my lowest ever weight but that's still a while away, so no counting chickens yadda yadda

Hope everyone has a beautiful first of September!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:46 AM   #6  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Hey everyone. I don't think I've actually posted in the 20 somethings WW thread before...but since I noticed this one just started and there wasn't about 10 pages of stuff I hadn't read I didn't feel so awkward about joining in...lol. I don't actually pay for weight watchers...my mom had the materials laying around the house from an old attempt to lose weight, so I just kind of picked it up and started on my own. I've been way off track for too long now (I've been stalled between 182-188 for about 5 or 6 months now), but I haven't been counting points and I have been eating way too much fast food (I seriously have an addiction to the stuff...it's like cravings that I cannot get rid of and do not know how to fight). I also work from 9-6 Monday through Friday and from 9-1 on Sunday, and am taking 9 hours online at the local community college. I HAVE a gym membership, but I feel like I don't have time to go anymore...and I feel like I wasn't using it that much anyways, so maybe I should cancel it and save the money and try to fit in some working out at home. I don't know. I never worked out before I got the gym membership (I lost about 55 lbs without working out at all)....and I still don't really work out. I just hate it SO much that I always find excuses not to. ANYWAYS, I have to go finish getting ready for work and then leave (it's a 1 hour commute to my job with dropping my dad off at work on the way). I hope you ladies have a wonderful day.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

Hi DivineFidelity!

Weight loss is 80% eating, 20% exercise, right? So I hear. It sounds like you've had great success without killing yourself at the gym... And it also sounds like neither eating nor exercise are going well for you now. Why stress out about going to the gym or working out at home right now? Why not just decide to re-focus on your eating and get that back on track before trying to tackle the exercise side of things. That approach always helps me, otherwise it's overwhelming.

Is there a fee if you cancel? A fee if you rejoin later? What are the costs of leaving your gym if you choose to pick it up again in a couple months? If they don't have some giant cancellation fee and a giant joining fee, go ahead and cancel it. But think about if you would want it back in a few months, it may be cheaper to maintain the membership even if it's dormant. Just depends!

You've had INCREDIBLE success (incredible!) and are more than halfway done! That's awesome! You can definitely reach your goal, though it may be hard with scheduling and being busy and all. But you can do it
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #8  

Morning!
I'm feeling much better after my mini-meltdown I had yesterday. Just need to keep telling myself to breathe.
zan - here in so cal it's either "hot" or "cold" (hot is anything above 80...cold is anything below 78). So I feel you on the weather thing. Do you like the consistent weather or do you like seasons? (have you experienced seasons?)
bex - I still need to try zumba...well, really anything at this point would be good for me. I used to work out just fine and food was my problem...not this go around!
ab - congrats on your loss!! I had a good loss last week...I'm hoping it sticks this week!
divine - welcome! congrats on your successes thus far. I have the same problem with the gym. I don't want to cancel it because it's like 99$ to join again and I keep telling myself I'll use it....ugh. Have I mentioned I'm lazy?

let's see....I've mentioned this before but I have not EVER had a completely on plan week on WW. I have a bad meal that I deem uncountable, and it kinda throws off my tracking. Well, it's been about 10 days that I have tracked everything. Sometimes I just have to guess at the points, but I guess high. And I mean, I'm still going over on WPA, but this is a step in the right direction. I was really good at planning last week, but stupid me didn't get to the grocery store over the weekend, so I didn't plan for sh!t this week. Then school started. And it is birthday weekend. So......we'll see what happens!

Have a lovely day everyone!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:18 AM   #9  
Rather be riding!

S/C/G: 81.5/75.1/60 since 18Feb2015

Height: 157 cm

Good morning all!! Happy September

Weighed in this morning, after going for Week 3 Day 1 of C25K... down another 0.2? At this rate I'll never be goal by New Years but every loss is a loss so I'll take it I'm going on the possibly delusional idea that I've lost more but my run this AM gave me some water retention. One can dream, right? lol!

Had a biiiiig potluck party last weekend as a housewarming for my new place. I had a moment of sheer willpower and I threw out all the delicious leftovers, except for some small cakes and cookies that I will be feeding to my coworkers. Haven't touched a one since Saturday night. So proud of myself!

Debating signing up for a fitness class called "Hip Hop in Heels". kittycat Doll-style dance class. It sounds suuuuper fun. Hopefully it will give me some more moves for my burlesque performances haha

Class starts next Tuesday booo But I have noticed that it's a lot easier for me to stay on plan and motivated when I have a schedule that I can plan for. Weekends and holidays screw me right up. Mexico in less than 15 weeks and I WILL be sexy dammit!!

My new condo has a fitness room and it has been absolutely amazing for me. It's been so great to just roll out of bed 15 minutes earlier and get my APs for the day. Then by the time I leave for work it's done. Also my school has a gym very close to my classes and I'm looking forward to going back there. I'm a sucker for convenience. lol

Have a great week ladies!
LuckyDVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #10  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Ade, no real seasons to speak of (In my opinion), I'm lucky if I need a jacket outdoors some time in the "winter". Never lived anywhere else.

You've been here before, Divi, Welcome back.

Ab, I hope you have very little flooding, but I know from experience that it is better to go out of your way to do something only to have nothing happen instead of being blindsided. I know what a pain that can be (I've put up wood boards to protect doorways and windows only to have to take them down a few times). But I am used to having hurricanes hit us, so that's probably why I am just hoping for the rain bands right now, it's too dry here. Grats on the 2.6 pounds!!!

Grats, Lucky! I am hoping that I will get my act together now that I will have all my equipment in the garage this month. I'll be rising earlier to get my workout in too! (Probably 4 AM now instead of 6:25 AM so I can grab a nice shower too, no one wants a stinky coworker!!!)
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #11  

zan - I know what you mean about no seasons...So cal all my life. I studied in Montreal for a year...that was a real eye opener. I'm used to being able to go outside barefoot to get the mail and such...not there in the winter!! Fun to experience though.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #12  

So I changed my avatar. My face looks a little bigger because it's so close, but I have been getting comments that it is smaller. So I'll take it.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

ade - congrats on 10 days on plan! I do that same thing with guessing points and just guessing high. I figure it's safe...lol

I've been watching Kirstie Alley's Big Life. I freaking love the show. She's funny, and working to lose weight, so we have that in common...haha
Hickory0305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Happy September everyone! I am going to be good today and try to start off my new schedule right! When I get home I am picking up my ipod and going for a run. It has been weeks since I have gone running. Although I have been making tons of stuff, to sell at my craft show later this month, I haven't been doing anything else and I am getting a little stir crazy!

Can't wait to start my September off right.

Ade- cute new avatar. love the hair still, did you do it yourself or get it done?

Devine- welcome back!

Lucky- congrats on the loss, 0.2 is better than 0 or a gain!

Zan- sounds like you are going to be getting up before the birds! I have debated about getting up earlier to try and fit in workout but I just seem to have no will in the morning to go run or even put in a workout video. I need to work on that.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #15  

I did it myself. Box dye. When I usually do red, I do professional dye, but on my own...it's about the same price because the box is good for one time, where the pro stuff is twice as much, but good for two jobs. I love red. no matter what color I do (I've been red, blond, black, brown, hot pink, black with purple...basically everything), I always go back to red.