WW Clubs and Groups - #237 Bale of Turtles Sizing Up Their Progress

Itryharder
08-31-2010, 03:50 PM
:carrot: :welcome: We are the Turtles Group here at www.3fatchicks.com.
We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
08-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Check back to #236 because we had quite a few posts there.

Okay, I have an idea. How about patting ourselves on the back by naming one thing we are proud of this summer? I'll start by naming two.
1. I never made full mayo potato salad, not once, nada!
2. I exercises more than I ever have in a summer!

You know something? I may not be where I want to be, but I'm better than I was.
Judy
234.6/187.8/170's by Labor Day :cool:

peanutt
08-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Hello! I'd like to jump in and join here if that's alright...

I'm newish to the WW program and I'm tackling a big weight loss in baby steps. This summer was a rough one for me, as I reached my heaviest weight ever. BUT it's also the time when I decided to finally get moving and do something about my weight and I'm pretty proud of that. :)

Princess1122
08-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Hi all and happy Tuesday to everyone! Hot, hot, hot and super hot here! They are calling for some rain and that is a good thing because for once we actually need it!

Went out to supper last night with friends from work... ugh! There was truly not a good choice to be had on the entire menu... so I ate and am not going to worry about it. It was a wonderful place to eat out at but I will not be running back there any time soon!

Judy: I am knitting a baby blanket for our grandbaby that is due early next year... I am using some new chunky yarn and a real easy pattern... so far so good! I have croched (sp?) for years also but started knitting this past spring... love it! I am making a wrap for myself out of a super soft merino wool that is fabulous but have put that on hold for the baby blanket :D

Bandit: Great job on the yard work and also getting some relaxation time in!

Kim: It is great to see you posting... I hope that you are doing well!

Peanut: Welcome to our group, we are thrilled to have you with us.

Cherry: Chin up! You are doing great... just keep at it!

Tessa: What have you been up to lately?

fit4lif: I hope that you are doing well...

Ok - one thing that I am proud of... ok, maybe two:
1) I tried a new exercise and love it! Cycling/Spinning
2) I am back on plan for the most part, even with lots of falls I am still managing to stay upright for the most part :p

Have a great day all... I am not able to get online at work again so I will most likely be posting in the evenings.

life4evr
08-31-2010, 09:13 PM
So I broke down and had some fried chicken bad idea. I actually feel sick now. So yeah no more of that for me.

Itryharder
08-31-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi Turtles,
:welcome3: to Peanutt! Great choice to join WW's and do the right thing for yourself. We're a great group of gals here. Tell us something about yourself and we'll do the same.

Princess, oh how wonderful to have a new baby joining your family. Very cool! I'm glad you like knitting. I like it too, but there were some patterns that were just too hard for me, so I switched back to crochetting.Hey, I just noticed your ticker at the bottom of your post. You've done great this summer! :goodscale:

Bandit, that yardwork sounds tremendous. Whew! Weigh to go. That'll knock off some weight, I bet. :swim:

Cherry, I think of you all the time. You remind me of me when I had little guys and now my oldest is in his early 40's. Okay-----really, where did the time go? Good luck with your eating. :chef:

KimL and Tressa and all the young gals-----hi! how are you doing?

Gotta run, just wanted to welcome peanutt.

Judy

bandit2
08-31-2010, 11:39 PM
Hi turtles:

Peanutt - Big welcome to you! I am sure you will enjoy this group of wonderful ladies.

Princess - you must be really excited about the new grandchild, that will be so much fun and as Judy, said you really have done well this summer.

Judy - good idea about listing accomplishments.

Can't believe how hot it is. On the news today it said yesterday was the hottest day of the summer.

Once again I have struggled this summer and have not lost much at the scales.
But - I did go to my meetings even when I didn't want to face the scales.
Journalled faithfully (even though alot of days were on the high end)
Had a positive attitude about this crazy weight loss journey.

Everyone else - hope you are having a great week and find success at the scales.

peanutt
09-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! ;)

To let you know a bit about myself - I'm 28 years old, married for almost 4 years, no kids, one dog. I live in Alberta, Canada. I love to read and take photos. I'm pretty open, so if there's anything you'd like to know to get to know me, just ask.

I'm really excited to get to know all of you too!

Princess - congratulations on the upcoming grandbaby. What a lucky baby to get a handmade gift that will likely be treasured for years!

Itryharder
09-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi Peanutt,
Glad to get the autobiography of you! I'll reciprocate. I'm a retired elementary school teacher. I've been thinner than I am now and I've been heavier. I think I've finally got the idea of losing weight and what it takes in my head. This is a great group of gals. For me, I like to read, crochet, spend time with my dh, write. Last November I joined NaNoWriMo and wrote a novel. I'm planning on doing that again this November. Weight loss is constantly on my mind and I am a member of WW and attend weekly meetings. I've been going for quite a while and have a nice group of friends there. I have three grown children, all married, and three grandchildren. I'm very lucky. I live in NY on Long Island and enjoy walking at the sound on the boardwalk. I love to watch the ocean and I love to swim------but swimming pools are more my style now. I feel very young for my age and I love this group!

I'm heading out now to my meeting. Everybody have a great day. We're facing hot hot days and the possibility of a hurricane moving in.

Judy

life4evr
09-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Today has been a so so day. Eating hasn't been great but it hasn't been completely crazy either. My test today didn't help my eating at all.

Princess1122
09-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Good evening everyone!

Looks like it is going to rain here tonight and tomorrow... we need it so no complaints. Eating has just not been good for me thing week! Ugh... I will get it together though. I was at the gym twice over last weekend but this week has been kind of strange and off track so I have not made it there yet... tomorrow is W/I, I know I am way up but that is ok... I will keep at it!

I am in a rush this evening so this is just a quick fly by... have a great evening everyone!

Itryharder
09-01-2010, 09:13 PM
There's something in the air because I've had trouble getting completely back on track too. Here's :bravo: and :cheer: to help us all out.
Went to WW mtg. today, but my regular leader was on vacation and I'm not loving the sub we had. She's much younger and a body builder and kind of pooh-poohs exercise under 45 minutes or so. Well, not inspiring to me anyway. I chose not to WI and am counting on a better week and more exercise. The good thing is that I track my exercise by putting dots on my calendar for each exercise. Outstanding how many dots were on my calendar this year! I also use Flylady and her calendar so I start a new year calendar in Sept. It was fun to see how active I've been this past year. Starting with last May I got busy and also ate better which accounted for the 25# I lost last year. Now I've got to get busy and break into the 170's which is my aim for September. Princess, do you know what's bugging you? I know my deal is that I'm doing lots of things I prefer not to do and rather than being a grownup and speaking up, I do things I resent and then I eat over it. I'm going to re-read Geneen Roth's book tonight and see what she's got to say about that. To be honest, I'm trying to eat without distractions. One baby step at a time. We can do this!

Live4evr. Tests cause stress. When I was a student, I would "stuff" the knowledge into me by eating foods that weren't healthy. I'm sure that never helped me learn any better. WE're all pulling for you. You can do this.

Judy
234.6/187.8/170's soon! :cool:

KimL1214
09-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Itryharder~ I love your dots idea and am probably going to steal it!

Princess1122~ Everything going okay? Anything causing extra stress right now?

life4evr~ Ugh I hated tests and would always find myself eating more around test time.

peanutt~ WELCOME! What's your favorite type of exercise?

bandit2~ Looks like you did a lot of positive stuff this summer, which will help you big time as you keep going!

Everything's going pretty well right now. I did see a new number on the scale this morning which was exciting. I'm hoping to see it again this week so I know it wasn't a fluke, but I know due to my late dinner tonight, I probably won't see it tomorrow.

My feet are pretty sore from spending so much time on them today, but a good nights rest should help get them in a better place for tomorrow. I really need to invest in some new sneakers as I am walking a minimum of 3 miles a day for my workout, and who knows how many miles chasing kids and waitressing. I'm thinking the mileage on my shoes is probably over what it should be.

Everyone have a great night!

Itryharder
09-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Good Morning Turtles,
KimL, what an uplifting post. :bravo: for the new number on the scale. That is very good news.

Hey, I keep saying I need new sneakers and then I don't make time to buy them, so you gave me a good reminder. I think I'll grab my sneakers and simply order them online. They were good, but now the support is shot. Thanks@

Judy
234.6/?/into the 170's by 9/30 :cool:

bandit2
09-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi everyone

Princess - you sound down in the dumps. Shake it off and get back to it (easier said than done) but when we focus and find structure we all do well.
Good luck.

Judy - I hear what you saying about the leader. Funny how some are really motivating while others just get under your skin. Hang in there.

Kim - good shoes are a must when you are walking that much, but good for you for getting in the exercise.

My girlfriend came for dinner last night and I had premade a cottage roll, cabbage and some rice. So fast easy dinner. But according to my scale it showed I was up a # from day before & I kept on track all day. Was wondering if the salty meat could be the culprit and hoping it will disappear by tonight since I have my weigh in.

Calling for rain next few days (and we really need it) so will be doing indoor stuff this weekend & hoping to get up to trailer for at least 1 night. My daughter is having friends up there overnight for 1 night since it is long weekend.

Judy - I love that you start your near year in Sept, that is different. But really once falls starts, it does seem new.

New season, new challenges - any ideas?

CherryAutumn
09-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Kim- it is great to read your post. Yay for the new number on the scale. I hope you see it again this week to.

Life4ever- Hope the test went well. I understand how it could be stressful.

Peanutt- WELCOME! I am 27 and I have three children under the age of 5. My hubby is also trying to get healthy with me.

Bandit- Hope your weigh in goes well. Let us know.

Princess-Hoping for a good weigh in. Dont let it get you down.

Judy- Thanks for thinking about me. I am doing ok just so busy and so many things to do. I need to find time for my health in there.

Weigh in this week was 239.4 so i think i was done .4 pounds for two weeks. Not really good but at least it didnt go up. We are trying to get into a new house with a little more room so we have been extra busy and eating out with pizza way to much. Pizza is my major downfall. Thanks for all the support ladies. I will try to get back on soon to post more.

KimL1214
09-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Itryharder~ I love checking out sneakers online! I usually spend a lot time researching shoes online before I buy them to make sure I'm buying a good shoe. What kind of shoes are you looking for? I'm probably going to go back to getting Asics as they were really good for my feet.

bandit2~ We're supposed to be getting some rain as well as Earl is moving closer every day. My challenge for myself this fall is to go down at least 2 pant sizes (I can squeeze into a 20 right now, but I consider myself a 22 as the waist is wicked tight on the 20s). Plus, I really want to start keeping track of my inches lost!

CherryAutumn~ Pizza is dangerous, and I feel your pain as I LOVE pizza! Down 0.4 is awesome considering how busy you have been!

I didn't see the 257 this morning, but I did see 258, which I have only seen a few times, so I'm still happy. It's still really hot today so the kids are pretty irritable. I'm psyched for when the rain finally gets here and cools things off as I think we will see some quick mood changes.

Getting hungry as lunch is coming up... home made beef stir fry with some cous cous today!

Enjoy your afternoons!

Itryharder
09-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Yum, the stir fry with couscous sounds yummy! I went online and found the exact pair of New Balance walking shoes I have worn out. They'll be here by Sat. the latest and that's a good thing. Honestly, if KimL hadn't talked about shoes, I wouldn't have done this. I've been very busy---and also proscrastinating about getting to the shoe store-=---only one in area that carries the wide width I need. So :cheer: and :goodvibes: for the shoe mention.

Cherry, I get it about needing pizza delivery since you're getting into the moving gear for houses. Would you consider ordering a small side salad to fill you in and then eating only one slice or, what I do a lot, a slice and a half? :chef:

I'm having a great day. I think I needed to get crazy with my food, scare myself with a 192# on my home scale, and get back to it. I worked so hard to get under 190# Including walking fast for an hour daily and eating about 14-17 points only. I am *not* going to throw that away now! Scale is looking a lot friendlier already.

Bandit, yeah----salty meat or salty anything just gets me on the scale. I've found drinking plenty extra water helps, but maybe not on the day you WI. :goodscale: hopefully as the day goes by your weight will come into better numbers. At least you know you had a good week. :bravo:

Gotta run. Dear Grandson is here today. We're baby-sitting since his school hasn't started and his dd works from home. He's a lot of fun. A real character. I finally was able to make his lunch without licking the spoon or eating the chocolate chips. A real challenge for me, so :bravo: for me. Tonight we'll celebrate his dd's birthday so I'll have to be super careful with choices. :hb:

Have a great day.

Princess, you're going through a lot, but you also have a lot to look forward to with the new baby-to-be. I know you adn you'll drop more than a pound after a good week. I'm sending :goodvibes: for you to pull that off!

Judy
234.6/187.8/170's by end of September :cool:

Princess1122
09-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi Everyone! Thanks for the good wishes and I am totally fine, just run down from having the cold for so long and having a hard time getting it all together again.

I have a conflict for my TOPS meeting tonight so am not going to sweat it but will be there next week and am hoping for good results.

I was hoping for a stress free holiday weekend but I don't think I am going to get it... D-DIL's birthday is this weekend along with out of town visitors and the list goes on and on but I know that I will be taking time for me to get to at least one cycling class and one knitting group... just not sure how or when yet.

I have to run but will try and get back online later tonight... it is a pain that I can no longer get online at work for this site... I sure miss starting my day off that way!

Have a great evening everyone!

KimL1214
09-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Princess1122~ :hug: I hope you can find some time for yourself!

Itryharder~ How was your day with your grandson? I'm glad my shoe mention helped!

Long night as the new hostess kept getting sections messed up. She kept seating me, thinking my section belonged to the closer, so I ended up staying an hour later then I should have. Bad tippers too, so it wasn't even worth it.

I'm hoping to roll out of bed early tomorrow and get a good walk in before school. I found that it really helped my mood on Wednesday, and I was crankier today. I figured I test it out and see if getting some physical activity in early does help my mood or not as I have been down a lot lately.

Gonna finish watching "Fringe" and then bed!!! ALMOST FRIDAY!!!

Have a great night everyone!!!

life4evr
09-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Today was an okay day. I had clincals so some walking and standing. My lunch wasn't so bad. But for some reason I can't seem to get full. I have killed my points and my weekly allowance and I am now in the hole. So I don't even know how to take that one.

CherryAutumn the test grade was horrible.

bandit2
09-03-2010, 10:59 AM
Morning, everyone:

Well, I was down 3/4# last night at my meeting and that is always better than a gain. Looking forward to extra long weekend since I also have Friday off - and so far not too much planned for a change. My dd is having friends up at trailer for Sunday evening so I will be at home for that night.
And also there is a dance Sat evening, but am thinking it will be ver quiet seeing lots of people will be away.

So, I guess everyones challenge will be to get through the holiday and not do too much damage with their menus. But as we know, there will always be tempations so we have to: plan ahead, get in some exercise and pick & choose our treats carefully.

Have a great Friday!

Itryharder
09-03-2010, 11:59 AM
Bandit, :goodscale: :bravo: :cheer: :balloons: :goodvibes: Hey, that's a great loss coming at this time of the summer! Weigh to go.

I know I'm glad that summer is winding down and I'll be on to my fall challenges. LOL. Yesterday I was stellar with helping myself. I ate very little and that which I ate were zero point foods. Around mid-afternoon I was getting grumpy and realized I needed food, so I popped some plain popcorn in the microwave. Grandson was here for the afternoon, so I got in some swimming with him. Then we returned to his home to celebrate d sil's birthday. Dd and I split a broccoli and beef Chinese dish and I had two spareribs. My dd looked up the spareribs and the two were only four points. That was great! I needed to be very spare with my points since I had binged out the day before. Now I've knocked off the nonsense weight and that feels good.

Today should be a good day. Then this weekend, my kids will be coming out , but I'll BBQ and have baked beans, etc. which are all point friendly when I buy the right kind. Our tomatoes are finally coming in, so a tomato/basil salad with a touch of olive oil and garlic will also be figure friendly.

Princess, here's a very simple salad for the summer: Dice cukes and onions, pour on apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper. Done! That's a zero point salad that is tasty and different. Sometimes I put it on top of romaine lettuce to jazz up the lettuce. My dh likes it on a sandwich instead of mustard. Well, I guess it has endless possibilities. My mom used to make this. She also made a sour cream version and I think using some ffsour cream would also make a nice change.

Gotta run;
Have a wonderful weekend and I think Tuesday will feel like we're on a new challenge for sure! Did you know that perspiration is "fat cells crying"? Isn't that a good image. Let's get rid of those fat cells and say hello to more muscle and tone. Good image.

Judy
234.6/186.8/into the 170's by 9/30 :cool:

peanutt
09-03-2010, 05:55 PM
@KimL - my favourite exercise has been yoga as of late. It has the added benefit of helping me to destress and relax at the end of a long day. My most common exercise is plain ol' walking - puppy needs those!

This week's challenge for me has been dealing with the urge to stress eat (see yoga comment above). I'm a major stress eater and this week has been a tough one at work. I was very appreciative of the freedom in the plan to have some of those go to treats (moderation, of course) without completely falling off the wagon.

Itryharder
09-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Life4evr, do you have zero point foods available? I know this sounds nuts, but when I need to eat sometimes I'll take a can of beets, add raw onion chopped, a little apple cider vinegar and salt and pepper. It is zero points, takes a while to eat, and it helps me get a clear head about what I want to do most-=-===which is lose weight.

I've had a setback myself. Got on the scale again today (don't ask me why----it was stupid) and I was up those 5# again. This has to be the hives interfering with losing fluids and not losing fluids, so I have to chill out, eat right, and exercise and this will all pass. :goodvibes: to all.
By the way, my new sneakers arrived today and they look and fit just fine. Yay. :tread:

Judy
234.6/186.8/into the 170's by 9/30 :cool:

life4evr
09-03-2010, 11:07 PM
Itryharder I am pretty sure I do but I am not exactly what are the zero points food.

Princess1122
09-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all!

It is a beautiful day here today... even chilly this morning! Well plans have changed here at the normally do so we are having D-DIL birthday lunch today and also having company in... they were supposed to come on Sunday but instead are coming in today so we will have lots more people for lunch than originally thought, which is fine and it means that my Sunday will not be as hectic :D

Eating has been bad for me lately, not sure why, it just has. I will get back on track though and with the long weekend it will give me a chance to get some point friendly food made up.

Bandit: Great job on your lose! I hope that you have a nice weekend!

Judy: Your salad recipe sounds fabulous! I'm sorry that the scale is showing you up! That is never fun but I do understand and know how you feel about it.

Life3evr: I think a single serving of sugar free jello is zero points, that helps with the sweet cravings for me... not sure if that helps or not.

Kim: Yes, I am going to make time for "me" time this weekend! Not sure when or how yet but I will figure it out!

Peanut: How are you doing?

Cherry: How are things going for you?

OK, I need to get my butt moving now... the dogs what their breakfast and I have lots of food to prepare!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Itryharder
09-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Hi Life4evr,
Oh, good question. Zero point foods are food that WW's wants us to eat and they don't have any points. For example, almost all veggies are zero point foods. If you're hungry and need a snack, cut up carrots and celery with a small amount of FF Ranch Dressing as a dip works for me.
Another thing is to make a pot of vegetable soup---recipe follows---it's great for those times when "I have to eat something" and I've run out of points:

WW's Garden Vegetable Soup
Makes 4 1-cup servings
2/3cup sliced carrot
1/2c diced onion
2 garlic cloves minced
3 c. ff broth
1 1/2c diced green cabbage
1/2 cup green beans
1T tomato paste
1/2t dried basil
1/4 t. dried oregano
1/4t salt1/2 cup diced zucchini
Spray a large saucepan wtih nonstick cooking spray. Heat. Satue the carrot, onion and garlic over lovw heat about 5 min. Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato past, basil, oregano, and salt; bring to a boil. Simmer covered about 15 min. stir in zucchini and heat for 3-4 min. Serve hot.
MOst important:::::: 0 points! (you don't have to follow this exactly---any veggies will work except the winter squash, peas, any high carb veggies) I've made this with just carrots, celery, and onion and it's worked out great. So, this is a great standby.

I also have made ahead a big tossed salad that stays fresh in the fridge for about 3 days. Nice start on lunch when I really don't want to stop and make a salad. Then I can add any of the toppings I want that day, but the basic salad is all chopped and ready to go.

Check out www.3fatchicks. under WW recipes. I bet there are some great ideas for low points. I thought I had a list of zero point foods, but I don't. The list I have is one point.

Everbody, have a great weekend. We didn't get hurricane Earl here---didn't even get much rain and today is beautiful and sunny. :goodvibes: and :grouphug: to all.

Judy
234.6/?/into 170's by 9/30 :cool:

KimL1214
09-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Princess1122~ How did today go? Make any time for yourself today after the party?

Itryharder~ YAY for new sneakers!!! Boo with pain in the butt fluids.

peanutt~ I hope this week has much less stress involved!

bandit2~ How has your weekend been so far?

life4evr~ Definitely try the zero point soup, it's AMAZING!

I was really annoyed with my parents last night. I spent an hour cutting up veggies and prepping pizza dough to make homemade pizzas... and they didn't like it. They didn't like the pizza because it was made with a whole wheat crust, which I might add, I thought was delicious. They keep pushing all this healthier stuff and watch my constantly to see if I slip up, but they aren't willing to make the healthy switches themselves. UGH.

I really need to get ready for bed... but I just can't seem to get my butt out of the chair...

Have a good night everyone and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

life4evr
09-05-2010, 12:45 AM
So I am out of town for the weekend. Cookout I can admit my eating was horrible. The cake did me in. The place were are staying set me up the mini gym it has is closed :(.

The soup doesn't sound that bad. I will try to do some cooking on Tuesday after we get back. Since i have a very short day of classes.

bandit2
09-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Hi everyone - hope you are having a nice holiday weekend.

Kim - weekend has been fairly quiet which is nice. It really cooled down up here so I decided to stay home Fri and get caught up on house things and last night went to singles dance with a girlfriend. Dance was quiet but we still had fun and I danced with a few new fellows but no one of interest.

Judy - don't forget about your veggie pie, the new members would love this as well.

Princess - how are you doing? We are probably having same weather and right now it is sunny but abit cool which is fine since we are in for another heatwave next week.

I haven't done the greatest with my food this weekend - I think it is a mental thing mostly that it is a holiday so I should have things I don't need - like hotdogs and chips. But they were good and that was yesterday, so today I am hoping to do better.

I made a cauliflower casserole yesterday which was tasty but turned out pretty high in calories - so I won't be making that too often. Making pasta sauce this afternoon & will be having spaghetti with lots of mushrooms on top for dinner.

So, hope everyone is doing great!

peanutt
09-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Veggie pie? That sounds interesting!

Today was my WI day - I'm down 11.8 since starting WW. :D

I made a meal plan for last week and that really helped us to stay on plan and ensure that there was always something healthy for lunch or snacks. I have days off on Tuesday and Wednesday this week, so I'm definitely going to do a couple of more to make the weekly grocery shopping quicker and easier.

DH has also gotten totally on board with the WW eating. He was finding recipes yesterday that he wanted to try/make which made me really happy.

Enjoy what's left of the holiday weekend everyone!

Itryharder
09-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Peanutt, you're doing great! :goodscale: :bravo: :balloons: :cheer:
Wow! What a great weight loss. Glad your dh is totally on board and looking for recipes, etc. It's wonderful when you have built in support.

Bandit, I'm having trouble this weekend again but I know what it's about.
Hopefully I'll be better on track tomorrow. DD got sick, we ended up babysitting our grandson and the BBQ for Monday seems to be out the window. I laughed when I read Princess' post about her plans changing---as they seem to do. Yeah! I'm trying to be flexible, but it isn't easy when so many people are involved in my life and so much can happen.

On a lighter note, I made your fabulous veggie casserole. I changed it up quite a bit. I couldn't get eggplant at Trader Joe's, but I chopped up onions, carrots, zucchini, celery, bell pepper-----then later I added fresh tomatoes from the garden, sprinkled it with garlic powder and Steak Seasoning----the StoveTop stuffing I had was cranberry, but believe it or not, it was tasty. I kept the calories down by not adding the butter. I also used 1 cup of cheese instead of 2 cups----and the cheese I used was WW shredded (2 pts. for 1/3 cup)/. All in all, 1/6 serving was 3-4pts. and worth it! My dh thought it was delicious and this is a guy who doesn't like veggies. So, a total success and yummy. :chef:

Gotta run---- hoping for a better day tomorrow. I don't like this unplanned off track me.

Judy
234.6/? but too high/170's by 9/30 :cool:

life4evr
09-06-2010, 11:50 PM
I just got back into town today. I was off the weight watchers during this weekend. But i will get back on it tomorrow. I will weigh myself also to see how much damage was done. Hope everyone has a goodnight.

Itryharder
09-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Tressa, Lauren and Lin, how are you guys doing?

I'm at a crossroads here and am going to get out my old Core books and see if I can get myself onto Core. I know if I do that, I'll be able to drop some of this fluffy weight. Wish me well.

Bandit, and Princess, and Cherry and Life4evr and KimL and all our regular
contributors, hope the weekend was good. Our weather has changed and I'm ready to think autumn after a brutally hot summer. Best wishes and :bravo: to all of us.
Judy
234.6/?/170's by 9/30 :cool:

bandit2
09-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Morning, turtles!

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!

Judy - I also feel like I am at a crossroads (especially with really bad food/snack choices over the weekend) and I need to get my butt in gear and
eat proper & exercise NOW. No more excuses - summer is basically over (in my mind anyway) and fall is going to be a new beginning for me.

So, lets readjust our thinking and get some good results.

My goal this week is to: drink my water (skip diet colas), walk on my lunch hour (I can get in a mile in 20 minutes) and preplan by suppers & only
healthy snack at night if I have saved points for it.

Lets do it!

MrsTH06
09-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Hi Turtles!
Jumping in! Just re started WW for the FINAL time! Ive had great success using flex/core back in the day and having a hard time losing this time around after my last pregnancy He is 2 now I have zero excuses!! :) Im a wife to my best friend and 3 wonderful amazing children 7,4,2 !

So far Ive lost 4.2lbs for august should be 10 but two weeks killed me and kinda lost my motivation. But Im back and kicking it up a notch! looking forward to getting to know you guys and motivating each other!

MrsTH06
09-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Ok two things I'm proud of this summer are

1. Justfying to added expense of joining WW and saying "I am worth the expense" (so hard for me cause Im so frugal)
2. Staying OP and keeping myself accountable!

peanutt
09-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Welcome MrsT!

bandit2
09-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Welcome Mrs. T - this is a great group & I am sure you will fit right in.

I just got back from my mile long walk at lunchtime - pretty hot today but really nice breeze so felt great.

Hope you are all staying OP today!

Itryharder
09-07-2010, 03:07 PM
:welcome3: Mrs. T.
You'll find us a great group of gals----supportive and understanding. When I'm at my wits' end and can't figure out what to do next, a Turtles will pipe up with a really good idea and I go on. :bravo:

Bandit, great idea. I like your goals. I read my Core book this morning, realize I can do it, and I'm making the switch back to Core. So far so good.
I really do want to be in the 170's by 9/30 and I'm going to work hard to get there. (Even if the hives make it hard to tell where I really am on the scale with fluid retention, etc. I know when I'm eating well and when I"m not. No sense in fooling around!)

Judy

life4evr
09-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Well I weighed myself I gained 0.6 pound so it could have been alot worse. Trying to get my eating back together. Looking at recipes again.

MrsTH06
09-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Peanutt ,Bandit,Itryharder
Thanks for the welcome! Yay and active group! Looking forward to it!

Itryharder, I was a big fan of Core I was going point crazy and kinda in a slump and then did core BOOM first week 4lbs gone, was loving it! I did find it a little bit harder feeding my family with little ones but i did find it so amazing not having to think about points! Good luck with it and let us know hows it going!

Bandit- nice job with sticking with your goal and getting that afternoon walk in! It been crazy in my house today, start of school, soccer, ballet and tap for both girls and all 3 children needs all sorts of shoes and my DH informed me he has a game tonight! So i must bring my circus to the mall.All this to say looks like Im going to have to get my mile in this evening when all is quiet.

I really need to do 2 miles I went to a cookout yesterday and I'll be honest Im not at that place yet where food and celebration arent walking hand and hand! I did well and brought a Trader Joes Grilled Chicken burger and brought a WW Health Salad (which btw was VERY good 1/2C serving and would be considered Core I think Itryharder) I did that to stay away from the potato salad and I literally had one bite woohooo BUT i ate some cookies and brownies (sigh) so i have been OP all day today and going to get my 2 miles somewhere!!

Sorry Im a yapper lol

MrsTH06
09-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Well I weighed myself I gained 0.6 pound so it could have been alot worse. Trying to get my eating back together. Looking at recipes again.

It could be much worse! Dust yourself off and try again:) I read something on a blog I read that said " A year from now, you will have wished you had started today" And for me that really sticks to me. I dont want it to be a year from now starting over! I just dont want to waste anymore time! :) Hanging in there.

bandit2
09-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Peanutt - nice weight loss for you, "weigh" to go!

Life - you can knock off that little gain in no time.

Mrs T - my dd was a dancer for 15 years so I can appreciate all the running around for footwear and dancing gear, but it was a really nice time for us and I sure do miss all the excitement, so enjoy it while you can! Also when I was walking at night regularly I did at least 2 miles at the centre, but I thought during the day I could get in 1 mile & hopefully that will motivate me to get back into my regular walking routine & swim which I loved.

Judy - great you read your WW book again & I know you were really successful when you did Core before. As for myself, I really need my portions measured out - eating until satisfied just doesn't work for me.
So good luck.

Princess & the rest of the gang - hope you are back on schedule after the holidays.

Time for afternoon snack - nice big crunchy apple, that will hold me over til dinner which will be leftover meatloaf, potatoes and some cabbage.

Princess1122
09-07-2010, 06:37 PM
Hi all and happy Tuesday to everyone!

It was a very busy weekend here for us... we had company here on Saturday and celebrated D-DIL's birthday and then Sunday and Monday we painted the bedroom that youngest DS just vacated so we were super busy... it sure seemed like an easy clear cut job when we started... LOL. Not so much when we got into it. Ugh, took both days and we still have some blinds and curtains to put up but it will make a nice guest room when it is all done.

Eating was not so good this weekend and I never did make it to the gym, I let myself get side tracked but it was for a good cause I guess....

Welcome to our new poster Mrs THO! Glad to have you with us!

Bandit: Walking on lunch is very helpful... I have done that in the past just don't always have time to do it... great idea though!

Judy: I am in a slump too... don't feel bad! I feel like I am chasing my tail lately! We will get it together yet!

Peanut: Great job on the loss!!!

Kim: how are you doing? what ever happened to your friend that was in a mess a while back?

life4ever: Not a bad gain at all for being off plan! Like you said, you will be back on track!

Cherry: How are you doing?

Tessa: What is new with you?

Have a great evening everyone!

MrsTH06
09-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Bandit- I do love it! When their so little and cute and they feel like princesses! As crazy as it gets I know I will miss it when they are older and dont want to be with mom so much! Something like an apple would never hold me over <sigh> I'm jealous! For my afternoon snack I had a necterine with a 1/2 of digestive health cottage cheese. I find things with more protein work for me! and its only 1pt for the 1/2C so Im happy with that!

Princess- Thanks for the welcome! Sounds like a busy weekend. I'm afraid I went in with the same idea with my girls rooms..4days later I think I was done! lol

Itryharder
09-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Peanutt, :goodscale: :bravo: :balloons: weigh to go with weight loss!

Life4evr, yeah-----I barely consider that amount of weight a gain. Being away for the weekend could have been a much different story, so here's a :bravo: for using flexible restraint and keeping things under control.

So far so good for me today. All Core foods and I allowed myself a vitatop as dessert. Later I'll have popcorn and call it a day. Dh and I walked along the boardwalk at the sound. I also went to my writing group which I really love. Fall activities are starting up again. Yay! Gotta run. Love the activity we've got going on now.
Judy

MrsTH06
09-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Veggie pie? That sounds interesting!

Today was my WI day - I'm down 11.8 since starting WW. :D

I made a meal plan for last week and that really helped us to stay on plan and ensure that there was always something healthy for lunch or snacks. I have days off on Tuesday and Wednesday this week, so I'm definitely going to do a couple of more to make the weekly grocery shopping quicker and easier.

DH has also gotten totally on board with the WW eating. He was finding recipes yesterday that he wanted to try/make which made me really happy.

Enjoy what's left of the holiday weekend everyone!

Peanutt -So sorry I dont know how I missed this!!! WTG!!!!:cb: Thats awesome! Keep up the good work! Its so much easier when you have someone supporting you! Glad hes helping you out!

KimL1214
09-07-2010, 10:47 PM
Itryharder~ A walk on the boardwalk sounds amazing right now!

MrsTH06~ WELCOME! We love yappers here, so keep yapping!!!

Princess1122~ Sounds like you had a great weekend! My friend is back in VT now, but unfortunately the legal system is wrong on this one and is still causing trouble for her.

bandit2~ How did you do with your goals today?

life4evr~ 0.8 is nothing, you'll lose it in no time!

peanutt~ 11.8 is AMAZING!!! CONGRATS!!!

Wow, I thought I had posted more recently, but I guess I was just reading everyone's posts and not saying anything. Weird for me...

My feet are a lil sore after I cranked out a 4.7 mile walk tonight. Food has been really good for me lately, and I am happy to say that I not only saw 257 again, but I hit 255.8 at my weigh in this week. So no fluke with the 257, now just to see 255 again!

Made a delicious chicken stir fry tonight and am looking forward to left overs with cous cous tomorrow!

Have a great night everyone!

life4evr
09-07-2010, 11:01 PM
MrsTHO and bandit2 thanks for the encouragement, so far today has been good. The late night munchies have hit so I am going to have some fruit.

I just need to hit up the gym. I am on search from some wheat ravioli that is not going to kill my points. Any suggestions?

bandit2
09-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Morning, turtles:

Kim - My day started off great with bringing my breakfast, lunch & snack to work along with my water & got in a walk at lunch. I was going to have leftover meatloaf for dinner, but then found I had other leftovers of cabbage & cottage roll so used that up along with a potatoe, so still OP. THEN later I was checking out my freezer and found opened potatoe chips (about 1/3 bag) so just had to finish them off - but the good thing is whenever I ate those I didn't finish them off AND I had actually forgotten about opened chips which is unheard of for me. So, not 100% but better than the past week.
WOW - great job on the walk & weight loss, that is really great!

Life - fruit for snack (especially late-night) shows good self control, good for you. I am not a ravioli person, so can't help you there.

So, cooling off up here and has been very breezy the last few days & I can't believe I already have leafs accumulating in my yard & driveway.

Have a great OP day!

CherryAutumn
09-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Kim - Weigh to go! I am so proud of you. That is a great weigh in . I just know you will see 255 again.

Mrs. T - WELCOME! We have so many new ones posting lately. I have 3 kids also ages 5, 3, and 1. So some of mine are a little younger but i know how busy it can be and how hard to find time for yourself.

Life4ever- Sounds like you are going in the right direction. I know how it is to have to little gains and losses over and over again.

Bandit, and Princess- Good to read your posts. I will try to right better response later.

Judy- Hope the core program is going well for you

Peanutt- Such a great loss. Keep up the good work.

Official weigh in today:238.8 so i am down .6 for this week. I will take it with how much munching i have been doing lately.

Itryharder
09-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm off to the boardwalk with my dh, but wanted to chime in. Scale was up 3.6# and although some of this is hive weight (My face is all puffy again), some of it is from food. Yuck. I crossed over to the bad side of 190# and I promised myself I'd never do that again. Soooooo, good thing I started Core. So far ( 1 1/2days) so good.

:goodvibes: to you all.
Judy
234.6/191.4/170's by 9/30 :cool:

KimL1214
09-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Itryharder~ Sorry to hear that the hives are still bugging you! I hope things clear up soon!

CherryAutumn~ CONGRATS on being down 0.6!!!

bandit2~ Thank you! That is a big NSV with the potato chips, you should be proud of yourself! I'm lucky, if there's an open bag of potato chips in our house, my dad eats all of them!

life4evr~ Wheat ravioli? Sounds super yummy, let me know what you find as I am a HUGE ravioli fan!

So I've been researching to see what I can have at Olive Garden... and I'm not finding much... there a couple things I'm going to battle between throughout the day, and we'll see. I haven't had an evil snap in a few weeks, so part of me feels like just having a night off, but part of me is worried that it will start a pattern... so I really have no idea right now...

econ nerd
09-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Mind if I hop on board here?? I went to my first WW meeting and weigh in today at noon. I am starting at 265 and am ready to lose! This evening will be off grocery shopping to stock up on good stuff. Off to read the back posts!

MrsTH06
09-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Afternoon Turtles! Checking in

CherryAutum -thanks for the welcome! and congrats on the loss. Looks like you have your hands full as well! Why dont we have like 40 activity points weekly? Im going to write to WW and as if they can add "Life" as an activity lol

KimL1214- awesome walking!! and even better weight loss , looks like what your doing is paying off!

Econ Nerd :welcome: Im new as well and these guys are super sweet!

Bandit- Good for you for not looking for more! I'm the same way with sweets!

life3evr- have you tried maybe a specialty italian stores? If you can find one that makes their own pasta you might be able to find some. I dont know about being point friendly.

Itryharder- Im sorry hives are bothering you, hope it clears up soon

I didnt get my miles in last night. In fact the stress of the day just totally set me off and I think I ate like a horse. Wait, I know I did. Today has been a lot better HOWEVER I woke up with my monthly friend quite a few days early ugh. I was actually debating if I should weigh in on Friday. It seems silly but I tend to avoid weigh in around that time.DH was like you have 2 days. I dont know, part of me thinks i should just face it like a woman and WI lol If i see a gain I just dont want to be dissapointed. Just writing this down I already know my answer, Im going to weigh in.

How do you guys handle this?

Olive garden...has an apricot chicken type thing forgot whats its called, comes with asparagus its light and tasty...its sooo not olive garden, but its not heavy, creamy, oh so good, I just ate 2 weeks worth of my WPA lol
You can also do a soup and salad..minestrone porbably has some decent fiber in it.

life4evr
09-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Thanks everyone. Today has been okay didn't make it to the gym since my contacts were bothering me too bad after class.

KimL Olive garden is not friendly at all. They claim they have healthy options, but when I looked them up it didn't look that friendly. Stay away from the salad and breadsticks. I found that one out the hardway.

Itryharder
09-08-2010, 06:33 PM
:welcome3: to Econ Nerd, it's great that you want to hop on board and start losing your weight. You're just like us! This is a great group of gals who lend support and advice and also write our experiences with food and recipes and staying on track, etc.

Good luck to all of us. This site is hopping and i'm going to start a new thread now. See you all at #238 Bale of Turtles--Isn't it Fall?
judy
234.6/191.4/a70's by 9/30 :cool:

peanutt
09-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Welcome Econ Nerd!!

If I was going to Olive Garden I'd probably have salad with dressing on the side (then dip my fork in the dressing for flavour in each bite) and minestrone. Or maybe a half order of eggplant parmesan (I think theirs is baked).

Doing yoga today I noticed that I'm already improving in strength and flexibility in the poses. There's my NSV for the week. :)