South Beach Diet - week and half not totally OP but looking for help...

snackiejackie
08-30-2010, 10:35 AM
I have had a death in the family, and between that and then vacation i have dabbled op here and there. I really did my best during the last 10 days..but its been hard.

I weigh in tomorrow and am rather nervous what the scale will say....do you suggest going gung ho back to phase 1 or doing a 1.5 thing?? I was thinking just to get back to a normal p2 and just being tight and watching portions.

Any advice would be great!
Thanks,
Jackie

cinnycinda
08-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Jackie....I'm very sorry for your loss....I hope you are feeling better. I guess you should find out how much (if any) you have gained. I assuming that you probably were not working out during this time so that may effect your weight too! I'm sure the experts here will come along and give you better answers ....just thought I'd give you a little encouragement.

Cin

Lexxiss
08-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Hi Jackie:sunny:

I'm glad you're back and I'm sorry you have had some hardship in your family. I would say that where you jump back in depends on exactly where you think you are. There are all kinds of thinking. Sometimes I jump on the scale and get a reality check-but only if I'm not going to beat myself up over the result. Other times, I will do 3 days of a clean P1 before getting back on the scale and then evaluate if I'm going to stick with P1 for awhile or ease back into 1.5 or 2.

For me, the most important thing is checking in here every single day. I do it on the daily thread and others do it at the On Plan thread through menu posting. I was planning my food this morning and am going to try to commit to both threads for the next two weeks.

I find that when I check in every day, I don't get to far off my plan and find it much easier to get back on.

Best wishes!

murphmitch
08-30-2010, 11:01 PM
I always go back to Phase I for at least 3 days anytime I have had serious transgressions. That's the beauty of SB! It always seems to not only help get my head back on straight, but get some of the extra "water weight" back off.

Heidi58
08-31-2010, 07:46 AM
Hi Jackie, I'm sorry for your loss, too.
The thing I like best about SBD is that it's so easy to tailor to my life and needs. If I don't have cravings and feel like I'm ready to stick to the plan I just jump back into phase 2 when I've had a few off days. Like Anne though, I go back to phase 1 when I feel I need to get my head in the right place again.

I lost my dad in May and to be honest, I needed to treat myself gently for a while. I stayed as close to phase 2 as I could for a few weeks but didn't beat myself up over it when I indulged in something off plan. When I was ready, I went back to phase 1 for a few days and got back on track.

Bekidawn
09-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Hey Jackie, I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you're beginning to feel a little better. I'd say do what you can do to be both sensible and kind to yourself. No beating up over what you may or may not have eaten. Anyone who has had a loss in the family knows that others will do anything to try to feed you, and they're right to do so, as so often we don't think to eat while we're grieving. I'm so new on SB, I don't want to give advice on what to do to "clean up," but treat yourself gently and just get back on track.