South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #1  

Default I'm making myself accountable

Ok, so here I am today making this my first official week one Phase one. I have been here before but perhaps not ready or willing to give up all my beloved carbs! I have decided today was the day!
So I am writing this to make myself accountable and make sure I write here everyday on my progress. Sorry guys! I just need this community and I need to make sure I have someoen to answer to.
I have all my required items and all the ok foods on the list. I can do this!
Today the plan is to make sure I stay well hydrated and not think about being on a diet all day, cause thats what makes me cheat! This is not a diet but a way of life.
For breakfast I am having a hard boiled egg and some veggies.
Lunch - Tuna salad
Tonight I am making lentils the Greek way. Basically you boil them and then drain the water and in a seperate pan you sautee onion and garlic in olive oil and then add it to the lentils with lemon juice. It sounds gross but its actually very good. You are supposed to add rice but I am leaving it out for me and adding it in for the kids. Along with a nice big salad.
For my snacks I have cut up some veggies and low fat string cheese and made some sugar free jello for me sweet tooth!
Sounds good? Ok, here goes...
Happy Monday to all.
usam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 150/144/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi usam! Sounds like you are off to a good start! Just keep it up! I'm on day 8 of p1 and have lost 6 lbs. so far. That's good for me because I lose slowly. I'd like to go down four more to end p1 w/ a 10lb. loss! Good luck to ya!

Cin
cinnycinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Best wishes! Alot of beachers use the On Plan thread for posting daily menus and it's a good spot for questions, too.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/SeeTicker/170

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!!! Feel free to use us to hold yourself accountable! That's one of the reasons I'm here, and it does seem to help :-) But we are also a support system. We won't be terrible to you if you fall off the plan.
museumchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:33 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7.5"

Thumbs up Accountable to self~day 1

I can do this,I say to myself (alot),and I can. I've done it before,I can do it again. One of the hardest parts to me,is firmly making the decision,and setting the date,so...so-far,I've done thatand now just keep on truckin. I'm off the gym which I have been doing for awhile...kinna proud of myself for that. Take care..Choices
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:27 AM   #6  

Day 1 went pretty well. I worked out and ate really well. I feel good today. Hope all goes as planned!
Today my plan is to work out again and make sure I stay within the calories I set out.
usam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 194/186/154

Height: 5'7''

Just stopping by your thread to wish you good luck. You'll read it a lot here, I know, but this diet plan really works. Phase 1 can be hard at times, and it's not the best diet to follow long term, but it really helps with regulating your cravings.
I'm on Day 1/Ph1 and so far, I feel really good.
Big Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:31 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default oops, I checked in at the other link...

I'm doing well...thanks for those supportive remarks chicks,it all helps
choices is offline   Reply With Quote