Old 08-30-2010, 08:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 131/100/70 kg

Height: 167 cm

Default Compliment that made you insanely happy?

Ok I was so demotivated this past two months, I barely lost any weight but last week a compliment not only made me extremely happy but also so much motivated.

Ok here how it went.

I was visiting my grandmother, last week, and I got to meet my cousins after a long time (mind you in my country this mean like I haven't seen them in 4 months, not like years). There was my favourite cousin. We used to be inseparable when we were kids but now we grew up and he is studying to be a doctor in England so I haven't seen him since December, when I started my weight-loss journey. Anyways the night was pretty typical and while we were saying goodbye he leaned over for the usual goodbye hug and he whispered to my ear "Kat you have become the most gorgeous girl I know!".

Lol I don't know why I felt so happy and complimented. Not even guys that are flirting with me manage to make me feel so good. It was like the spark I needed to start again.

So did you get any good compliments lately? Was it from an unusual source? Do people you know make you feel better when they compliment you or do you prefer strangers' compliment? Come on lets lift our spirits!
preetyladyserenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

Awww, that's so sweet! For some reason, it seems to mean more when close family acknowledge the improvements I've made. For me it was when my mother told me how great I looked and how proud of me she was. Nothing else really seemed to matter.
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:12 AM   #3  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

aww that was very sweet. And sometimes we don't see the changes that we are making to ourselves so it's really nice to hear that others can see a difference. I haven't seen my sister in months and I can't wait to see if she sees a difference in me. We've always be brutally honest with one another, so if she tells me I look different it'll mean the world to me.
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:18 AM   #4  
~ Jillian Junkie ~

S/C/G: 220/175ish/165

Height: 5'10

Well, I hadn't seen one of my friends literally all summer - and I just did last Thursday. One of the first things she said to me was, "You lost weight didn't you?" She's the first person who actually noticed all by herself without knowing that I've been dieting and without being asked. So that was kinda nice...
singforthedayx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #5  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Don't you love those kind of compliments? The ones that really stick with you and you replay in your head over and over...at least I do, haha

Recently, the actual compliments about my weight loss or from people who have known I lost weight aren't the ones I'm most enthralled by (but of course I still appreciate them!). These days I get more of a self-confidence rush when somebody who does NOT know I lost weight simply comments about my size. People who have only known me as a thin person stating an observation (not a compliment) about my size.

Here are a few I've gotten...

"You're like this big around" (putting thumb and index finger to make a little circle)
"You weigh what? 125lbs soaking wet?"
"You're such an itty bitty thing"
"Megan, hold on! You might blow away!" (it was really windy out, lol)

Just random observations, they said these things just like they'd comment on the fact that my hair is brown. Not necessarily compliments...I love them though, haha.

Last edited by mkendrick; 08-30-2010 at 09:28 AM.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Such nice complements. I definitely like the complements that my friends who I knew at my highest weight give me... I guess it makes me feel proud when they tell me I'm looking really good. However there is one older lady I've worked for for the past few years and back when I was at my highest weight, and hers really mean the most. Last time I saw her she said, "When you first came to me you looked like a little girl and now you've turned into a woman." I know it's a kind of cheesy thing to say, but this lady is very sincere and every time she sees me now she's telling me how nice I look.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #7  

Height: 5'2

A guy frend of mine whom I've known for 3 years who hasnt seen me in a while said I was 'incredibly sexy' ...
size8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeypnd View Post
I haven't seen my sister in months and I can't wait to see if she sees a difference in me. We've always be brutally honest with one another, so if she tells me I look different it'll mean the world to me.
I felt the exact way when I saw my sister last week. She was happy for me at the 25lb loss but when she saw me next at 40lbs gone, she said something along the lines of, "You're like...petite!" or "You're getting petite!" (we were at a concert, couldn't quite hear) But she made way bigger a deal than I thought she would. My mom also told me later that my sister told her, "She's tiny!" Lol, which obviously isn't quite true yet but I'm the shortest of us 3 so it's heading that way!

Also, the other day I was with my friend and her fiance (who I hadn't seen since before I started losing weight) and he said, "Whoa, you look different. She should be on the cover of a magazine. Look at those dimples." Okay, I don't have dimples but that was really random & sweet.

I think these compliments are amazing because they're a really great reminder or even confirmation that we're doing good. Besides measuring, weighing, eventually fitting into smaller clothes, it helps us (at least me) see that it's working from an outside perspective.
Luddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:27 AM   #9  
bex

S/C/G: 260.5/207/150

Awwww.

My one was yesterday when my WW leader told me she cant wait to be entering me in the Healthy Life Awards (a competition for those who have got to lifetime membership) next year. Its great to know she has faith in me, and now I have extra motivation to get to goal!!
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #10  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I haven't lost a large enough amount of weight yet for people to really notice, but a couple people have.

For the first 20 lbs of weight loss, I hadn't told anyone I was even trying. For some reason if *I* don't talk about it to people I know, I have more motivation. Weird, but it works for me.

Then one day I'm shopping with my mom and sister for swim suits (it's a group support thing) and my mom corners me and is like, "You're losing weight." I hadn't thought anyone could tell yet, so I'm surprised and stupidly say, "No I haven't." She says that of course I have and wanted to know how much. So I told her. She says I've really slimmed down and it's very evident in my face and that I look great. It was really nice to hear!

Then one day I was warming up some sort of food in a microwave and a friend did a double take when he looked at me and went, "Wow, you're really losing weight!" Awesome!

And then my brother made a passing comment about how I looked like I'd lost quite a bit of weight.

I can't WAIT to get anything like, "Wow, you're so skinny!" or "You'll blow away!" or anything like that. That'd be awesome. So, so awesome.

LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote