Weight Loss Support - Stay at home mom's #63

View Full Version : Stay at home mom's #63

ECmom
10-17-2002, 11:57 AM
Stay at home Mom's #63

Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health, lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #62 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.

Ginny

ECmom
10-17-2002, 12:10 PM
Good morning!
I actually got back here two days in a row! Simply amazing.
I had other plans for today, but realized that I had some straightening up to do at home and tonite have a full plate.
I did get my walk in this am:yawn: but it felt so good. Glad that I did it. I almost forgot to get my water in.......but checking in at the previous thread and skimming Jackie's last post reminded me to refill this super size coffee mug with water. (thanks, Jackie)
Last nite after I posted I got to thinking about some of our MIA's- Spryng, Melissa.......Latisia......forgive me for forgetting all the names. Has anyone heard from them? Hope if you are lurking and not able to post that you are doing ok.

Life here continues to be interesting. We are in the process of setting strict rules for Dd (with her brand new drivers liscence:eek: for use of the car. You know stuff like you are not a chauffeur service for all your buddies.........unathorized trips to the boyfriends house are not allowed...........oh my gosh, what an undertaking. I was so much more tentative when I was 16. Asked for permission for everything.........much unlike Dd. Then this am Ds forgot his lunch............mean mom that I am I decided that at the age of 13 1/2 he could remember it by himself and if he had not been so argumentive this am would have remembered it himself. Dd was ok (the 6 year old) and is slowly improving at separating from me to go to school. It has been so tough for her to leave me this year.

Well ladies, I had better go get busy with dinner as I will not have time to cook later.

Have a great day!
Ginny

lovmykiddies
10-17-2002, 02:59 PM
Hello all!!

Well, the good news is that I did fairly well yesterday with all of my goals.

1. Drank a ton of water...forgot to keep track tho!!!
2. Had Rice Krispies and toast for breakfast, small bowl of mac and cheese for lunch, and a tuna sandwich for dinner. The problem was that I kept snacking...a few chips here, a few vanilla wafers there!!
3. Did my 2 mile WATP
4. Didn't start my journal last night because I had a HUGE headache and went right to bed after work at 9!

Not too bad for my first "real" day back! The bad news is that I got on the scale this morning just too see how much I have actually gained back...YIKES!!! If you all remember I had gotten down to 215 from 230...now I'm back up to 221!!!!!!!!! All I keep thinking is that it could be much worse, but still to see how easily it creeps back on is just insane!!!!!!

Jackie--I think that water idea sounds great! I'm game! How's your week going? Hope it's going great!

Ginny--Good job getting your walk in this morning! I wish I could get my butt out of bed before dh and kids...any ideas??? Hope your week is going good too!!!

Talk to you all soon!!!
Tami

lovmykiddies
10-17-2002, 03:05 PM
Hi Ladies! Thought this might keep us a little motivated and to keep our spirits up! Let's list 3 (or more) things that we're grateful for today...they can be as little or as big as you want!

I'm grateful for:

1. being able to exercise and move....how many other people in the world can't even walk???? (I know...it's deep!)

2. my son reminding me with a giggle that I forgot to strap him in his car seat!!! (DUH!)

3. the Teletubbies who held my dd's attention long enough for me to make lunch!

Tami

ECmom
10-18-2002, 08:10 PM
Good evening!!!
Tami- thanks so much for those encouraging words. ( I needed them!) I agree with you totally about things to be thankful for.
Here's my list (just the stuff that comes to my head immediately).

1. Dd's smile..........and her sweet disposition.
2. The strength to get thru today~ and the Lord's blessing on me today. I avoided a near accident and it was only with His protection that I did.
3. This thread to vent on.
4. A picture perfect fall day here in NY.
5. Dh's slowly improving mood.

I had one doozey of a day...........but it is ending on a peaceful note. I did get my walk in this morning (late morning) and hope to get out again as I have eaten a lot of junk (stress eating big time).

Hope that you are all ok. have a great weekend!
Ginny

ECmom
10-19-2002, 05:03 PM
Hi!
Quiet here.........so I will keep blabbering to myself. I actually have a few minutes to myself...... Dh and Ds went to Dd's soccer game, and the youngest Dd is at a buddy's house. So, at least for a little while it is peaceful. Good thing as Dh has been a crab.Oh well. Off to some more cleaning!
Ginny

Freckles
10-19-2002, 06:32 PM
Happy Weekend, Everyone!

Just stoppin' by so that Ginny doesn't feel so lonely here! ;) Tami & Ginny: I'd like to thank you both for your encouraging words & the great reminder for myself! Here's a list of things that I'm grateful for

:flow1:

1.) For 2 healthy & beautiful children.

2.) For my DH that is such a good provider for our family & also for his new disposition to show how much he loves our family! (He deserves a gold star for this!!)

3.) For all the kittens/cats that surround my house so that I'm filled with all the love to give & receive! :meow:

4.) For the Dear Lord answering my prayers for a great start to the new school year! (DS is FINALLY independent with his homework!!) AMEN!! :angel:

5.) For the 3FC's website & especially for our SAHM's thread with all you tender-hearted & supportive gals!

These are just a few things that I'm grateful for. I'll try & continue my list at a later time. Oh!, speaking of being grateful for you gals here at this site: I just read in a more recent issue of Woman's World Magazine the importance of having friends & just a few words of encouragement being e-mailed or posted to them can really make a BIG difference in their lives. (Your also supposed to give a compliment to others around you like: a store clerk or someone else in the service fields.)

Ginny: I hope you enjoyed your little peace & quiet to yourself. Also: I hope that your DH came home in better spirits!! I have a question for you: Why didn't you take a nice-soothing, much deserved bubble bath with your free time?
(Sounds better than cleaning the house!!) Oh! One more question: What near accident did you just miss getting in to? I had one of those last week with dd. I'm not sure if I posted this last week or not but.... DD & I just missed hitting 5 deer by inches last week with the car. (DH company car!) I was moving at about 55 mph & out of the corner of my eye I saw them. I locked my brakes up & left about 30 feet of tire marks on the road. If we would have hit them, it could have been close to 1,000 pounds of weight going through our windshield & with that much of weight, it could have killed us!! Tami: FYI: My week went pretty well & I made sure I was just about swimming in water!! I still haven't fit the walking into my lifestyle yet! (Keep reminding me, okay?) I did work up a sweat house cleaning though. I literally sweated so much that my clothes were so wet that it looked like I wore them in the shower!! As for you: I'm glad that you hopped on the scale to notice the slight gain. I sure wish that I could work up the courage to hop on my scale!! I can tell that I gained some extra baggage since summer just by the way my jeans fit!! Oh well, with my increase in water & my healthy food choices, I should notice a difference soon, I hope!

Well gals, I'm going to sign off for now, as dd keeps annoying me while I'm on the 'puter to a level so high that I can't even think anymore!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! C-U later!

ECmom
10-20-2002, 06:12 PM
Good afternoon!
We have a beautiful day here in NY~ fall weather does not get much prettier than today has been. Dh and I took the kids apple picking, with moderate success. Many of the places were crowded (Dh and crowds do not mix) but it was still nice to get out. Jackie- great to hear from you. I too am afraid to get on the scale. I can give a real good guess what it will say. Glad that your close encounter with a deer was just that and not an accident. The deer behave so erratically in the fall- there are lots of dead ones in NY along the road.
Thanks for reminding me of how thankful I should be (and am) for this site and you friends here at the thread. After a somewhat rough afternoon with Dh (and Dd, his "twin") I snuck down here to spend a few minutes posting and your friendship.
Thanks for listening!!
Gotta go~ I hope to get on later and will then leave details of my near accident. Have a great nite!
Ginny

Freckles
10-20-2002, 07:13 PM
Howdy!

Ginny: Thanks for the update. FYI: My DH has been home long enough now (20 hours) to be able to figure out that he came back in a BAD mood! He also has a bad cold & looks like he's been to **** & back again. :eek: Needless to say.... my Bed & Breakfast hospitality is not panning out at the moment. I decided to stay on another level of the house with the door closed for my "time out" away from him. :D So Ginny....I guess you could say that it's in the air! So: Where would you like to go on a vacation with me to get away from it all? We can dream, can't we? Now-For the rest of you: What I'm grateful for today:

1.) DD is keeping herself busy by making a scare crow out in the back yard. (Unfortunately...DH had to go out in the garage to find some rope for her & I sure hope that he can find some.) Now back to DD: She is so cute to watch! She raked up a bunch of leaves found an old pair of pants of mine & stuffed them. The funny thing about these pants is that they were so tight on me a few years back that I literally busted the material out a few inches away from the zipper & now all the leaves keep falling out of the busted area. It's hard to believe that I once grew out of these pants. (I kept them as a reminder on how BIG I used to be).
I'm still bigger than I want to be, but am grateful that I'm not quite that large anymore!

2.) I'm also glad to have a 2 liter bottle of diet Mountain Dew Code Red in the house to keep me on my feet & my eyelids open on their own.

3.) Last but not least: I'm grateful to have a morning to stay in my PJ's 'til 2:00 in the afternoon! We will go to church tomorrow night.

Well-DH is back in the house & it's now time for me to finish dinner. I hope to check in tomorrow if DH leaves his laptop at home. Oh!-One last thing to be thankful for: DH leaves again tomorrow a.m. for a few more days. As long as he's grumpy-he can be 1/2 way around the world for all I care! Well-Gotta go before he catches me posting & reads it! TTFN

Freckles
10-20-2002, 10:33 PM
JUST TO LET YOU ALL KNOW-DH DECIDED TO TAKE HIS LAPTOP WITH HIM. THIS WILL PROBABLY BE MY LAST POST 'TIL HE RETURNS. (UNLESS I CAN GET MY MONITOR ON MY COMPUTER WORKING AGAIN.) DON'T FORGET TO DRINK YOUR WATER!! C-U L8R GATORS!!

Freckles
10-22-2002, 01:27 AM
Hi, I'm back already! (Or should I say, DH is back again!) He finished with his out of town job early & came home tonight. And as I can see....no one missed me here at the SAHM's thread! So-I'll make it short so that I don't have to keep communicating to myself! :rolleyes: All I want to say is that I felt really fat today & I'm starting to fit back into my larger pair of jeans (not the size I busted out of a few years ago, thank goodness!), but the next size up. I refuse to "move up" a size, so some serious business is ahead of me. So...I'll continue drinking my water & gradually work up to a gallon p/day & I will also start counting my fat grams & WW points. Well-this is it for tonight, gals. Nighty Night! :yawn:

ECmom
10-22-2002, 12:15 PM
Good morning!!!!!!
Jackie, you are not alone out there........I wanted so badly to get online yesterday, and it just did not work out. Now, lets get serious about the vacation.............honestly, I do not really care where it is, as long as there is no phone- no crabby family members, a pretty place to walk and a comfy chair to crochet in and read. Opps- I forgot a bottomless cup of tea. I kind of have a thing for the Adirondacks- with a nice lake to look out on- but realizing that that is a NY state thing, I will trust your judgement as far as picking a place to vacation at! Join me please!!!!!!
Sorry that Dh came home in such a charming mood. The air is clearing here- my Dh did finally fess up to his awful temperment~ I did not really get an apology for his foul mood, but he explained why he was so miserable. I did try my best to explain to him how awful he made me feel..........who knows if it did any good. I also tried to explain that I was not responsible for all of the misery of his life (which was basically what his crummy mood was all about ~ or at least that is what he was trying to make everyone believe) and that all of the stuff he was trying to throw my way I refused to take responsibility for (for example, I am not responsible for the moron who just cut him off at an intersection, or at least I don't think so!) So, things are a bit more peaceful here. And considering that I am in PMS mode (down to any day now) he is fortunate that I do not get really wierd with PMS moodiness (I get weepy, not usually crabby). Nuff of that!!!!!!!
I have gotten walks in both yesterday and today- and am fully loving the fall weather here! So, on that happy note I will shift into my thankful list for today.........

1. I am thankful for fall........the wonderful colors and the crisp air. It is the BEST!

2. My sweet little Dd who is so wonderful~ She puts up with my whole route in the am (yup, I am still driving am also)- and honestly just seems happy just to be with me. So we just enjoy each others company while I drive out of town (past the farms, and the geese and some beautiful scenery) enroute to my pickups.

3. Hazelnut coffee. Nuff 'said!

4. Our worthless, lazy and slightly overweight cat- who helps me keep life in perspective. But she lifts her head for a pet and purr whenever I pass her. What a sweetie (until she bites actually nips) my leg if I am not opening the cat food fast enough.

5. Ds who never ceases to amaze me or find ways to confuse me.
If he was not mine I would actually find his antics entertaining.

6. The World Series. Not that I love Baseball ~just that having it on gives Dh and Dd something they like to watch on TV!

On that happy note ladies, I will scoot. I am helping out at Dd's school for lunch this afternoon and have to get that stew in the crock pot.
Have a great day.
Ginny

ECmom
10-22-2002, 12:17 PM
Opps- I forgot. Jackie, Dd's scare crow sounds so cute! Thanks for sharing that. And where is everyone else??????????

spryng
10-22-2002, 12:33 PM
Hello all!!
I'm finally online again! I feel like I've been out of the loop for so long now!
We moved. To Kansas. Long story. :) But we are very happy and settled now. We've been here for three weeks now and we also have some other great news! I'm 5 weeks pregnant!! I don't know if you all remember me talking about wanting another one, but we planned this one and it only took two months to concieve so I'm counting my blessing. This will be our last baby so I'm really trying to enjoy it this time. I'm due June 23, 2003.
I can't wait to catch up on all of you! I've missed this thread so much!! Can't wait to hear from you all!

Freckles
10-22-2002, 08:19 PM
Good Evening!

Spryng: Glad to see you back!! Congrats on your pregnancy too! The baby's due date is the same day as our 19th Wedding Anniversary! I guess I won't forget the due date! I'm so happy that things are working out so great for you, as you deserve it so much! How are the kids adjusting to their new bedrooms? You'll have to let us know more when you're more settled. Ginny: Glad that your DH has came out of his moodiness & mine has too!! His surprise return trip home has been rather pleasant. As for our vacation: I guess New Yorker's think a lot like us Wisconsinites! It sounds rather pleasant to me too! I'm happy to hear that you are able to bring your dd along with you on your route & that she is content enough just to be with you. She sounds like such a cutie!
Well gals, my DH is in such a great mood that he keeps yacking to me while I'm trying to type this-so I think I'll sign off for now!

ECmom
10-23-2002, 06:53 PM
Hi!
Spryng!!!!! Great to hear from you~ and congrats on your pregnancy. Hope that your new location works out for you, this puts you some distance from your family, doesn't it? Hope that this new location works out great for you! How is your family adjusting to the new location? I am so glad that you are fine- we were concerned because we had not heard from you in a while. Welcome back.

Jackie-Ok, so Dh was in a good or a bad mood when you were posting? (he was chatting or yapping at your heels? Mine likes to yap at my heels when I am online). Have you started walking yet? Ok- so we have to make a reservation for both of us.......want to try the 'Racks (as we call it in NY) or is there a good place in Wis we can try........aw dream on Ginny........... Hope that all is ok in your household.

No walk yet today, but I hope to get one in later. Have a great nite!!!!
Ginny

spryng
10-23-2002, 11:01 PM
Good evening all!
Yes Ginny, this puts some distance between me and my family but we are only about 20 minutes from my dh's family. So that is nice. I needed the distance from mine, as you know. It's sad how some families are so close and some are so dysfunctional. The kids are loving the new place. They haven't had any problems and they love having all the extra attention from the grandparents. I enjoy that too. believe it or not I'm really getting along with my mil. We are learning how to avoid pushing each others buttons. And it's keeping the peace now. :)
Well, I've had 8 hours in a car today and I'm bushed! By the way are there any new ones among us since I left last?
G'nite.

ECmom
10-24-2002, 11:23 AM
Good morning!!!!!
Spryng~ thanks for answering my question. I was concerned if this move was good for you- with all of the lovely family dynamics that we all face from time to time. Great for you that it is working out with you and MIL. I will pray that that continues, you deserve a break!!!! 20 minutes from MIL is not so bad. That is about how far I am from mine, and you can at least maintain some privacy with that distance. (unless she is a totally menacing type). Hope that this move works out well for you!
I am so glad that you will ( I hope) stay with us during your pregnancy. Obviously, we do NOT want to hear of you dieting, but I love to hear of the progress of a new life. Hope you are feeling well.

As for me, this day started out sort of blah. I am not feeling so well, think I am getting a cold. And TOM approaches..........so I just get wimpy. (wimpier than usual, that is!) I hope to get dinner started,and then out for my walk. I am going to have to force myself to get out, as I am just dragging a lot.

Back to the thankful corner. I am soooooo thankful that this sniper saga (how awful) is coming to a close. It was really becomming depressing for me to hear of it all the time- and the grief that the families must face upon losing a loved one for such a violent and sensless death. I do hope that these are indeed "the sniper"- and that all those involved will be apprehended also.

Well- gotta go make dinner!!!! Have a great day.
Ginny

ECmom
10-24-2002, 11:25 AM
Just a cheeky note to Spryng (who will hopefully forgive me for geing a brat!) Are you going to keep posting your weight at the bottom of your posts? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Ain't I obnoxious?
Ginny

lovmykiddies
10-24-2002, 12:15 PM
Hi All!!

Well, I haven't been doing too well as far as my goals are concerned. I think I am down a few pounds by some miracle!!! My ds has been sick since Fri and I think all of my constant caregiving is taking a toll on me....I'm TIRED!!! I think he's finally getting better tho so hopefully things will return to normal soon and I'm crossing my fingers that dd doesn't get sick also!!!

Spryng--So glad to hear from you again and congrats on the baby!!!! It's always so wonderful to hear of another life being brought into the world! I think pregnancy is the truest miracle there is! Hope your move continues to be positive for you!

Ginny--I agree with you about this whole sniper business! I'm praying that the ones they have in custody are the ones responsible. I can't help but be glued to the news to find out all of the new information! It's soooo sad when people are senselessly hurt and killed and terrorized! I know I would be scared #$@%less if I lived in that area!

That's all I have time for right now but I hope to be back later on!!!

Tami

Freckles
10-24-2002, 12:16 PM
Good Day, All!

Ginny: FYI: My DH was in an extremely
pleasant mood, thak goodness!! As for my walking: I attended the Candy, Carving & Christ Trick or Treating event with my DD last night, that is held at a Christian College that's affiliated with our church. We were trick or treating for well over an hour from dorm room to dorm room. This is the 4th year that we have attended this. We were totally exhausted once we got home! So...I guess this could count as my walking for the day, huh? Oh!, by the way...whats the racks, anyways? Can you explain? Spryng: You wouldn't believe how happy I am to have you posting again! You really had me worried!! As for your little ones adjusting to the move, I'm glad that panned out for them too! Glad to hear that your relationship with your MIL is working out so well. So... are you getting any extra help with the kids from your MIL like say-taking them for the afternoon or an over night sleep-over? Sure would be nice, wouldn't it? I sure hope that your pregnancy goes well for you. How are you feeling, anyways? As for our National news: I'm so relieved to hear that they are pretty sure that they have captured the Snipers. I have so many friends/relatives living out that way. And a bazaar twist to this is that I kept dreaming almost nightly that the Snipers car was being transported in an enclosed trailer or semi-trailer. Not by the officials, but by the Sniper's themselves. Could this be some sort of ESP, or what? Well, enough of this news. My heart goes out to all the families that have lost loved ones or have been injured in this tragedy. Now-for a few things that I'm grateful for.

1.) For my health, which isn't too shabby so that I'm able to spend & enjoy some quality time with my children.

2.) To be living a pretty normal & comfortable life.

3.) For a decent night of sleep last night! FINALLY!!

I will close for now. I'll check in later, okay?

Hi Tami! We must have been posting at the same time. Sorry to hear that your dd isn't feeling too well. And as for the National news: I have CNN on almost around the clock!
Well-I'm going to scoot this time. TTFN

spryng
10-24-2002, 12:59 PM
Good morning all.
Yes of course I intend to stay here with you all! I may not be dieting but I feel like I'm at home here. And in 8 months I will be dieting again so this is just a long break! I better enjoy it while I have a reason! :lol:
I guess I don't watch the news. I hadn't heard that they caught the sniper and there was more than one!! Please fill me in.
Well, I still haven't got in to see a doctor yet. I want to go through a midwife this time but I am waiting on my medical card to get here first. But I'm now 5 1/2 weeks along. That's a big number for me since the last week or so has been going by so slowly.
Well, I promise to get more personal later.. I got to get going on this house now. Have a great day all!

oh, and no I won't be posting my weight at the bottom of the screen, I just forgot to remove it. Nobody wants to know how much I gain with this pregnancy! :) Not even me!

ECmom
10-26-2002, 04:09 PM
Hi!
Just a short hello as I have to get Dd to a birthday party soon and Dh is home........
Glad to hear from you Tami! And glad that you are down a few pounds. How is Ds feeling now? Constant caregivering can really take its toll...... I hope that you are getting a break in from time to time.

Jackie, you sound busy as ever.........glad that you a good nites sleep. I hear you with having CNN on constantly. And I am so thankful that the snipers have been caught. Everytime that I think of the car and how it was modified for their awful deeds I want to scream. It just turns my stomach so. Glad that Dh is in a good mood for your sake.

Spryng~ I love the way that you modified your post with your EDD, etc. Hope that you are not upset with me for my snotty comment about leaving your weight on the post. How is the unpacking going? How are you feeling?

Well, I have to get changed and then off to this party with Dd.
Have a great weekend!
Ginny

ECmom
10-27-2002, 08:41 PM
Good evening!
Hard to believe that this thread has been so quiet recently. But I will continue to hold a conversation with myself until someone else checks in!:)
I am tired. Last nite was a fund raiser dinner at Ds's school (I was "volunteered" to work at and I worked my hoofies off. It was fun in a way~ most of the ladies who also helped are a lot of fun. I sure was tired when I got home after working that for 5 hours. Then I got home and watched the rest of game 6 of the World Series with Dh (who mind you is an intense baseball connesseur). He was none too happy with the game and went to bed. It took me another hour to unwind from all my running around at that dinner.

Today was a rather testy one with Dd. Gosh it is so tough with her and her brother's moods. This was one of those days when I can honestly say I am not enjoying adolescence at all. I love them to pieces........but their mood swings are so tough to deal with at times. Dh convinced me that I should take a day off.....which is something I have been thinking of doing for a while. Just declare one day per week when I will read or sew - NO housework. Think I can stick to that??????? Guess I will give it a try.

Well- Time change and all (we went back to Eastern Standard time last nite) I am a bit tired. (probably has to do with TOM ).
So I will sign off! Hope to hear from y'all tomorrow. Have a great nite!
Ginny

spryng
10-27-2002, 10:21 PM
Good evening all!
Sorry to hear your teenagers are stressing you out Ginny. I feel for you. I have several years before I am in your shoes but I was a teenager once! And I can imagine what my parents went through :) Hopefully they'll outgrow it soon. But a day to yourself sounds like a winner! I would love something like that too. I think all mothers are entitled to some peace and quiet, whether it's in a cozy corner of the house or an exotic island :lol: we work so hard and deserve it every now and then. I hope you get it.
Well, my day has been a regular day. Went to church this a.m. , ate lunch at my dh's parents house and then went to visit his cousin. It was nice. Kept my mind off of this pregnancy. I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and I'm really beginning to worry. I just really don't feel pregnant. With my other two I felt like I was expecting long before I took the home test. I know I will feel better when I get into the doctors office and either hear or see the little heart beat. Then I will feel like it's ok. I know I shouldn't be worrying so much but this is #3 for me and I know I already have had two great pregnancies that ended with great labors and deliveries and healthy babies, will I be so fortunate to carry this one to term? I hope so. I haven't had any cramping or bleeding so I know I should stop worrying. I just can't shake it. But by keeping busy today I really forgot about it. I hope tomorrow goes just as well. And I hope I get my medical card in the mail. Then I can schedule an appointment. And I know I will feel better after that.
Well, that's all for me right now. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

ECmom
10-28-2002, 10:59 AM
Good morning!!
Glad to hear from you Spryng. Perhaps with all of the excitement about moving you have gotten out of touch with how you are feeling (explaining your not feeling so pregnant). Just a thought.....but be sure that you are taking vitamins (gotta get that folic acid in!) and getting your rest. Hopefully that medical card will show up soon and you can get to the Dr. And remember all pregancies are different.

Well, I got up early this am and slipped on those walking shoes!
Oh, it felt cold but good and I am so glad that it is over. Hopefully I can keep my eating on track today. So far, so good. I have had coffee (w/skim milk), oatmeal and a banana. And 3 glasses of water.

Well ladies, I have a messy house to clean (ugh). No, today is not my " day off". Actually, my " day off" will be 4 hours off. I am still driving mornings- and am out doing that from 7:35 until 9:15.
My hours off are from then until 1:35 when I return to take the critters home in the afternoon. And usually during those hours off I clean, make dinner, wash, iron.....you know all that fun stuff!!!
Well, I think I am going to take Wednesday off and make a date with my sewing machine. We miss each other. And now that you all know that I am nuts.......I am off to get started on dinner.
Have a great day!
Ginny

KarenW
10-28-2002, 11:07 AM
Hi Everyone!

I am here! Really I am!! :)

Spryng - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so excited for you! Since DH and I are not having any more kids.. I am going to live Vicariously through you! :0 I would love to have one more... But My body wont let me and neither will my doctors.. Long story.. but I'll tell ya all some day. Nothing bad.. Just pregnancy is very hard on my body physically..

Ginny and Jackie - You have been holding down the fort for us all! I hope everyone is doing OK. Mel are you out there??

Tami - I know what you mean about tired. My 4 year old is sick with the flu too! I cant sleep listening to her cough! And it doesnt help that with the daylight savings time that both kids are getting up at 4:30 am!! UGH!!!!

As for me... thinks are really slow in the weight loss department. I havent been working on it like I should. But This morning I made a HUGE step in the right direction. I actually ate breakfast! WOO HOO~ I am dressed in my walking clothes and after I drop the kiddos off at school, I am on the treadmill! OH, I almost forgot!! I took my vitamins too! :)

I have a new mantra too! Anyone listen to Bon Jovi? Their new song, Everyday is just awesome, and it hit me between the eyes! I needed a song like that. You can read the lyrics here: Bon Jovi Lyrics (http://www.islandrecords.com/bonjovi/discography.las)

Anyway.. I promise to check in later with some goals and an update for you all!

Hugs to everyone!! :)

ECmom
10-28-2002, 12:09 PM
Hi Karen!
I was still lurking on this dumb 'puter trying to update my Virusscan (without success mind you!). I am so glad to hear from you~ one of our MIA's. Hope that you got that walk in this am! Good for you taking those vitamins too. I too have been treading water in the weight loss dept. But today seems to be off to a running start for me, so maybe I can turn a corner and regain control of myself here. Hope that you can too!
Gotta go - this time I am shutting down till later!
See ya!
Ginny

KarenW
10-28-2002, 02:05 PM
Hi Ginny! Yep.. got in 35 minutes of walking on my treadmill this morning! Even got showered and completely dressed.. Including blowdrying my hair.. that doesnt happen often these days! :)

I am logging all my food in FitDay again. I am going to work hard to keep my calories at about 1300 today! :) And I am going to drink 80 oz of water today!.. got 48 in so far...

Talk to you all soon!

Hugs!

spryng
10-28-2002, 02:39 PM
Goodmorning all!
Glad to see all the motivation today!! I've been trying real hard to eat sensibly and healthily too. I'm not counting cals or anything (of course) but I want to try and eat right for the baby. But it's so hard to do! especially since my one and only craving has been chocolate so far! But I made homemade chicken and dumplings for lunch and boy did it hit the spot!! I made plenty so there will be leftovers for a couple of days (yum)
Well, just thought I would check in. Have a great OP day all!!

ECmom
10-28-2002, 06:12 PM
Hi!
Well, so far so good for me~ but then this is my tough time of day.
Glad that everyone else who has checked in (Spryng and Karen) are doing fine too!
Have a great nite. (gotta go drink more water)
Ginny

Freckles
10-29-2002, 09:18 AM
Good Morning!

I don't have much time here, so I'll just say HELLO! Also....I don't think that I'll reach my 5# challenge by HALLOWEEN. :( Especially since the Halloween candy came into my house! :eek: I'm not one to go out & buy candy for the house, but if it's here, I can't leave it alone. I would'nt mind if someone would just take the bag & run!! At least I'm doing one good thing for myself & that is that I'm drinking my water. I've also been pretty active for the past week. Hopefully this will help some. Well, I have to go take DD to school. See yah all later!

KarenW
10-29-2002, 10:56 AM
Jackie - I know what you mean about that halloween candy! I have learned that I cannot buy it until the day before halloween. And even then I have issues. I will be buying mine tomorrow.. so I am hoping all my favorites are gone!

I am doing pretty good. I have a meeting at school this morning so I wont be able to get on the treadmill until this afternoon. I have had only water so far this morning.. but the water is boiling now for the oatmeal!

Yesterday was really rough after I posted. My daughter is in Preschool. (She is 4) I dont want to bore you with all the details, but the teacher is horrible. She is new to the school and all the parents of preschoolers are up in arms. Cassie was in the preschool program last year and had a wonderful time. the teacher was terrific and she was happy. This year it is like boot camp. the kids cannot play and cassie come home Angry everyday swearing she doesnt want to go back.

I have been dealing with the principal on this. She is following through with the parents and she knows that we are unhappy. She has spent time in the classroom all week last week and even told me she is not impressed with what is going on. Yesterday however, the teacher has taken out her anger with me as a parent who doesnt like what is happening in the classroom on my daughter. So Today I am going to be dealing with these issues.. and I hope that I will get them resolved satisfactorily. Otherwise, by the end of the week, I will be pulling her out of school and homeschooling her. Not something I wanted to do.. but it looks like I have no other choice since all the preschools in the area are full.

wish me luck!

ECmom
10-29-2002, 12:06 PM
Aw crum!!!!!!!!! I just lost my post!!

Karen and Jackie- hope that your day goes well. I will try to check in later and leave more personal stuff.

Have a great day.
Ginny

ECmom
10-29-2002, 08:12 PM
Hi!
Just back for a quick hello.

Karen, what I wanted to say before (and it got lost!) was that I hope that this preschool situation works out ok. . And if it does not, although I am sure that the time away is healthy~ enjoy the time that you have with her. Every day is a blessing....... I wish I could have the last 6 years of Dd back again. It just changes so much when they are in school.

Jackie~OK, so we start a Thanksgiving challenge, OK? I am not going to make the Halloween one either (too chicken to get on the scale!). Keep smiling and drinking that water.

Gotta go load the dishwasher. Have a great nite.
Ginny

spryng
10-29-2002, 11:43 PM
Good evening everyone!
Karen, I hope things work out for your little one in school. I have a couple more years before I am in your shoes but I can imagine. I was homeschooled through my high school years and I thought it was great. You do what is best for your child, and that is all that matters :)
Hi Jackie!! Sorry to hear you and Ginny aren't going to make your 5# challenge, I feel like I bailed on you guys since dieting is the last thing on my mind. But I'm still here to support you! Have you been riding your bike? I know you could peddle forever it seemed! Mine is tucked away in a closet for now. I know I could still get on it but I have just been so tired! I get up around 10 or 11 and the kids go down for their naps at 1 and so do I. pathetic huh? Then I'm in bed by 10 pm and start the cycle all over again. I have 6 more weeks until my 2nd trimester and I am so ready for that energy boost.
Well, I guess I'll get off. I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow and makes whatever mini-goals they set for themselves. Mine is to survive the day. I have a job core thing to attend at 8:30 am that lasts until 11:30, then we have to drive 30 minutes to pay our house payment and then drive another hour and a half to pay on our furniture, (we still have yet to open a bank account so we could pay by check, procrastinators I know) so it will be a very long day without my much needed NAP!! So G'nite.

KarenW
10-30-2002, 11:02 AM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for the encouragement! After having a very enlightening chat with the principal yesterday, DH and I had a long disscussion about the situation when Cassie was in bed. Today is her Halloween party at school (She attends only MWF) . I am going to be spending the entire morning in the class anyway as I was scheduled to help with the party. Then we are going to keep her out of school until Monday November 11th. The teacher has been given an altimatum to change, or face termination on the 8th. So I feel that Cassie cannot continue in her class regardless so if the termination does not happen, we can pull her out completely on the 11th. Personally I feel that she will quit before the 8th anyway... I guess parents have been coming out of the woodwork with issues so that makes me feel a lot better and that I am not the only one.

Ginny and Jackie - I am with you on the Thanksgiving challenge! Lets do it! I need an incentive! Especially since I will be with my in-laws that week... I would like to have lost some weight before I see them! :)

Ginny - I know what you mean about enjoying the time. My DS is 6 and I am baffled at where those years went. Now he is writing words and starting to read and I just cannot figure out how this all happened. It was yesterday that I was singing him to sleep on my lap. Same with DD. I have been actually trying to figure out how to schedule my time better so that I can make even more time just to have what I call "silly" time. Time were we can just get on the floor in the family room and do what ever the kids want to do.. dance, watch a movie together, play with legos... what ever. I do a lot of other stuff with them like crafts or nintendo.. and of course homework with my son.. but I want to do on the fly stuff too... and that just gets harder to do every year!

Spryng - I remember those tired days. Enjoy it! I wish some days I could have one day a week that I could sleep until 10 am! :) My daughter gets up now at 4:30 am because the time chance has thrown her off.. it was 5:30 before... and My crochet design work keeps me up until 11 or later.. so that makes for long days! LOL! And dont you dare thing you have bailed on us!! YOu havent! You just have focus on another area right now. and being healthy during your pregnancy is extremely important to.. so eventhough you are gaining a bit, you still need to stay active and eat right... so we all can still support eachother! :)

Well, I am off...I need to get cassie in her butterfly costume! :)

Have a good day!! :)

spryng
10-30-2002, 11:00 PM
Good evening everyone!
Whew! What a day I had. Run run run non stop. I just got home about an hour ago and left this morning at 8:00 am!! I am so tired! We also had to go grocery shopping and I started to feel a little crampy during it so I knew my body was saying enough. It has subsided since I've been home though. Thankfully.
Thank you Karen for letting me know I didn't abandon you all. believe me... in 7 1/2 months I'll be right there with you on the weight loss challenges!! :) Last time I waited almost 6 months before trying to lose weight after having my 2nd. (I didn't breastfeed) and the weight kept piling on, I'm not going to wait that long this time. I plan on exercising and eating better right after the birth. Of course I'll only do what my body allows but I am going to be close to my goal weight by time my new baby is 6 months old :) (wishful thinking??)
Well, it's late and I'm tired. So I'll see you all tomorrow.

KarenW
11-01-2002, 11:18 AM
Good Morning everyone!!

Am I ever glad Halloween is OVER! LOL! The kids looked so cute in their costumes and had so much fun yesterday... but the temptation in the house was too great. I think I at about 7 ir 8 pieces of candy yesterday... maybe it was closer to 10? Whatever the number... this morning I dumped all the extra candy (except for the mini special darks.. may favorites and they are in the freezer) into a zip lock and gave it to DH to take to work!

Yesterday I also had my yearly Gyn appointment. It was a very sad thing.... Granted, it was 3:30 in the afternoon, and I had on my heaviest jeans and sweater and a pair of boots (It was in the low 30's yesterday) but the scale weighed me in at 204!!! I havent weighed that much in almost 4 years!! My Bp was slightly elevated to at 140/80 I havent seen those numbers in a while either. Although we didnt talk about weight loss.. (we have before) I know I need to take serious control again!

SO ... if anyone wants to join me with a Challenge.. Jump right on in!

OK... This is my plan. I am doing this over a 2 month span as I need as much incentive to get through the holidays as I can! But I am gong to break down my goals into monthly as well.

Overall Goal:
Weight: By Decmeber 31, 2002 down 10 pounds
Exercise: By December 31, 2002 to have done cardio 50 days. (25 minutes or more) and incorporate Yoga every morning by December 1.

November:
Walk on Treadmill M-Sat 25 minutes or more
Journal ALL food intake
Down 5 pounds by 11/30/02
Slowly incorporate AM Yoga tape

December:
Walk on Treadmill M-Sat 25 minutes or more
Journal ALL food intake
Do AM yoga tape daily
Down additional 5 pounds by 12/31/02

I know I can do this. On top of all this I am going on a 2 month regimin of a Low dose hormone patch to see if we can control my Endometriosis. If that doesnt work... then I may have to go in for laser surgery and then 6 months of Depo Luprin shots. I know I dont want the shots because they cause you to lose bone mass. I am making sure I get my calcium in now and will also try to get some weights in as well in December. I dont want to push myself with the excercise too fast because I know that if I cant get it to work into my schedule.. or I get to sore too soon... I will not continue.. and I can't do that.

So that is what is going on with me. I hope all are doing well out there. I know it gets busy.. but I hope you all can check in! :)

ECmom
11-01-2002, 08:16 PM
HI!
Just a quick hello. I stand with all of you ~ thankful that Halloween and candy is over. I have eaten too much of the stuff!
(and I look awful..............)
I came online to get something for Dh- so have to get off now.
See ya later!!!!!!! (sorry this is so short)
Ginny

ECmom
11-04-2002, 11:20 AM
Hi!
Well, it sure is quiet here.........So I'll just check in and say hello.
I got my walk in this morning~ and with any luck will go out for a short walk this afternoon also. My eating is still not too good, but I am working on it.
Yesterday we went to MIL/FIL's house to celebrate MIL's bday. It went ok, considering that she can be VERY difficult and can make a visit pure torture (the reason why I have not seen her since early August, when a visit with her was a disaster- she was in a furious with the world mood). I am glad that for Dh's sake that it went well. Both of his parents are failing.......slowly......he is going to be 84 in 3 weeks and she is going to be 78 on Tues. And they are just slowing down. It is kind of hard to watch, as neither of them is really willing to concede that they might need some help. Don't get me wrong- they are not in really bad shape and still functional but just unwilling to accept change. (always have been!!!!! still call Dh "Bobby" and he is way over 40!!!!!!! Makes me wanna puke, but that is for another day.)
I am glad that that is over..........except that FIL's bday is in early Dec, so we get to do this all over again. And there is Thanksgiving..... We see more of them than my comfort zone can handle.

Karen- how ya doing with your walking???? Are you getting the time in that you planned? We ARE going to make that 5# off by December, right ? (I am going to join you).

Spryng- did your insurance card show up? How are you feeling?

Jackie- I know that you are out there.....pedalling on that recumbant bike and hopefully getting a chance to at least read the posts. How are you doing?

Well, I am really good at conversing by myself, but have to make dinner and do want to get out for a short walk again.
Hope that your day is going well. See ya later!
Ginny

spryng
11-04-2002, 12:23 PM
Hello all!
Sorry that I haven't posted in a few days... morning sickness has reared it's ugly head :lol: I'm not throwing up, just queasy all day long now except when I'm eating or drinking ice cold water... so needless to say I keep a glass with me all day and try to nibble on food all day too to keep the nausea under control. And yes, I did get my medical card on Friday. I made an appointment with the Midwife for November 13, 9 days away. I am so excited. This will be my first time to go through a midwife. I may finally get the birth experiance I have always wanted barring any unseen complications. So I feel like this pregnancy is finally moving along. I'm 7 wks today. SO many more weeks to go... oh, and I'm already showing!! I was wearing a size 10 jeans when we moved (I had gained a little weight) so I bought some 12's to tie me over until I started to show. They were very lose on me when I bought them and last friday they cut off my circulation to the point I had a really bad headache... so my DH bought me a pair of maternity jeans and they are so comfortable! I put them on and couldn't believe I had this little rounded belly already. But with my 2nd child I started showing at 10 wks along, this one is a little earlier but I guess it's normal when you've gone through this several times already.
Well, Ginny. Sorry to hear you and your MIL don't get along. I can empathize with you 100%. I'm having some issues with mine right now. My Dh's sister just had a baby (she's 9 wks old now) and she lives with them. Every since she was born they have been screwing with that poor baby. Two days after she left the hospital they decided she spit up too much so they changed her formula... then they decided she has gas pains so they changed it again... then they thought she ate too much formula so they put her on rice cereal and smashed banana's. Now they don't think that is helping so they took her off formula completely and have her on 2% milk!!!!! What is wrong with them! They tell me all this but when I offer my advice or what I've been through or read they look at me like I'm stupid and don't know what I'm talking about. It's so annoying. I'm just so stressed that they are doing more harm than good to that little girls belly... oh and get this, she goes to the bathroom everyday, sometimes she grunts... like all babies do. Well they think it is too hard for her so they give her a suppository!! First off, you don't give that to babies only 2 months old and second a pediatrician will only suggest it if it's been several DAYS since she went. Not a few hours. I want to tear their heads off sometimes. So the other day I told them to stop telling me what they do tot hat baby because it's making me a nervous wreck aroung them. They won't listen to me so why tell me about it?? I would rather be in ignorant bliss. I don't know what to do. But that's my issue with them right now.
Well, got to go. Hope everyone is doing good on their 5# challenge!!

Freckles
11-04-2002, 02:43 PM
Good Day, All!

Wow! I didn't realize that it's been that long since I posted last. I'm sorry that I've been MIA & I really didn't plan it that way. Well, it looks as though I'm part of the Thanksgiving 5# challenge. I started on Friday a.m. and was doing really well until dd & I went to the schools harvest festival. I got talked into entering the pumpkin pie eating contest. I ended up taking 2nd place, BIG deal!! The only thing big about it is the calories & how uncomfortable I felt afterwards. So, as of yesterday a.m., I'm back on the Fit For Life Plan. I think that I'll really stick with the program this time. I went shopping for pants on Thursday & I was totally disgusted on what size I would have had to purchase!
So....I refused to buy that size & will not go back to purchase pants 'til my old pants are hanging on me! Spryng: Do you know the rubber band trick to make your pants fit you longer? Well-I may not be pregnant, but this is the point that I'm at now with the rubber band trick! Oh bother! DH came home earlier than I expected him to & now I have to give up the laptop for awhile. See yah all later!

KarenW
11-04-2002, 04:46 PM
Hi Gang!

I am here! And doing well so far! I didnt get my walks in over the weekend, but we did a ton of walking on Saturday going window shopping.. and I am sore!

This morning my 4 year old wanted to exercise with me. So instead of the treadmill, we pulled out my Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk tape. That is the tape I did when I lost the original 56 pounds in 1999. I forgot how fun that was!! And Cassie had fun too!

Ginny - It can be hard when parents get older! My mom had a stroke in May (she is only 66) and although it wasnt very serious (A wake up call the doctor said) She is not the same. It makes it even harder when it isnt your parent I would think!

Spryng - Smart girl with you nibbling all day to keep the nausea away! I didnt learn that trick until my second! :) I showed really fast too with my second! I cant imagine how soon I would show if I had a third! :) You sound like you are doing well! Good for you with the inlaws! I cant believe that they are doing all that with a 9 week old! Sheesh!

Jackie - Your pants story is exactly where I am with things too. Only mine is my tops. I still fit in my 14's.. but I need extra large for tops again... I gain in my boobs first! I HATE THAT!!! I refuse to buy any more tops too! We can do it!

Hope all are having a great day!

mel17
11-05-2002, 11:10 AM
Hello there Ladies!

I'm sorry I disappeared, but it's been so crazy with the animals, and Ds playing football sure kept me going. His last game was Sunday, so I'm hoping things will slow down a bit! Wow, things have sure picked up since I last visited, Spryng, congratulations to you and welcome back. Glad that everyones doing well, aside for all of the family adversity, which I can't totally relate to with my in-laws! I am doing fine, other than my asthma attack that are coming more often now that it's getting cold here. I'm very pleased to announce that I've lost a total of 54.6 lbs. now and I will weigh in tonight and hopefully add to that total!?!

Everyone have a great day, and I'll be back soon!

274/219/135

ECmom
11-05-2002, 05:08 PM
HI!
Just a quick check in.But it is great to hear from everyone~ we missed you! I think that I will take advantage of this break and start a new thread............so see ya there!!!!
Ginny