Biggest Loser Challenges - Purple Team Bridging The Gap Chat

View Full Version : Purple Team Bridging The Gap Chat

Bigmid
08-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Hello everyone :wave:
This thread is for anyone signing up for the new Fall Focus 2010 challange and from the past summer challenge to jump in and get acquainted before we are placed on our teams and officially start...
It is just under a month before starting the new challenge, this will be a great place for everyone to encourage one another and offer our support to keep each other focused and looking forward to the Fall challenge!
So jump right in! I am looking forward to meeting new members and keeping in touch with our seasoned challange participants.

Let's start chatting:carrot::carrot:

Mercy03
08-30-2010, 12:15 AM
So this is between now and then Chica?

Aclai4067
08-30-2010, 12:26 AM
Awesome. Hey Ladies (and gentlemen?)! This is my 4th challenge; number 3 didn't go so well and now I'm ready to make up for lost time. I do WW on my own (had to quit meetings due to financial restrictions) and workout at the YMCA. I just moved to Nashville from Atlanta this summer and I'm still getting to know my new city. I look forward to some new faces, and of course the return of our veterans!

Bigmid
08-30-2010, 12:33 AM
So this is between now and then Chica?

This is it :)

This is also good for anyone new to ask any questions and to get familiar with things and people before the actual challange in September

I guess I should let all the new people know that I am the leader for the Blue Team and the Fall challange will be my 4th one. I lost 18.8 lbs on the summer challange and anywhere from 12-20 on each of the other 3 challanges. This really keeps me focused as I have to be accountable to my team (not to say there isn't any gains in there) I just work a little harder to get the pounds off again. I do WW on my own as well just because I feel it works for me and I'm cheap:)

Mercy and Aclai4067 - glad to see your up for another challange. I'm not sure what I'll do once I hit goal......I may go into challange withdrawl.......lol

shan84
08-30-2010, 03:08 AM
Hello everyone. My name is Shannon and I'm the red team leader for the fall challenge. This will be my 3rd or 4th challenge...can't remember. I lost 45lbs on my first two challenges, and then this past challenge I lost 22.5lbs. It's definitely a struggle to keep going each week but the support here is invaluable. I live and teach 3 year olds on an island in South Korea. I have a wonderful boyfriend of almost 11 months now! :) Life is good. I just need to stay focused...hence, I'm loving the name of our fall challenge. Make sure you sign up with your starting weight by September 12th!! :) :carrot:

Mercy03
08-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Mercy and Aclai4067 - glad to see your up for another challange. I'm not sure what I'll do once I hit goal......I may go into challange withdrawl.......lol

No you won't,you'll just lose and gain the same 5 pounds that I have been doing for the past year:D

babygrant
08-30-2010, 01:36 PM
I totally thought today was Sunday so I came to weigh in and saw my post was gone in the W/I thread. Argh. Sorry folks, just a lot going on.

I'm hoping to be feeling better for the next challenge!

Aclai4067
08-30-2010, 07:47 PM
I went ahead and posted workout and nutrition threads for anyone who's interested. They're essential for me!

Bigmid
08-31-2010, 12:49 PM
No you won't,you'll just lose and gain the same 5 pounds that I have been doing for the past year:D

If I stay within the 5lb mark once I hit goal I will be a very happy camper:)

Jennie527
08-31-2010, 04:51 PM
So, I went ahead and signed up in the thread and put my current weight as the starting weight, but it's almost 2 weeks away! I would like to lose a couple between now and then. So, prior to the 12th, can I adjust my starting weight if it has dropped?

Oh, and I'm Jennie. I have been floating around these boards on and off for well I guess a few years now. :lol: I am done having kids and my youngest just turned 3, and well, I don't have any more excuses for being heavy! It is time for this weight to come off! I look forward to getting and giving some daily encouragement so that together we can succeed! :)

Edit: OH My! I've been here for 6.5 yrs! lol

shan84
08-31-2010, 05:58 PM
Jennie- You can adjust your weight if you want to. Some people do, and some choose not too and just end up having a higher loss to show for the first week of every challenge. You can pick yourself which route you want to go. Good luck with the challenge when it starts!

shan84
09-01-2010, 06:53 AM
The final results for the summer challenge have been posted!

Congratulations to everyone who participated in the summer challenge!

Special congrats to Terapet from the red team for being the overall biggest loser!!

TERAPET
09-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Thanks Shan. I can't quite believe that but thrilled just the same. I don't think I have ever won a challenge before. This thread has been very helpful so I am extremely grateful for the encouragement along the way and truly appreciate everyone here.

Jennie527
09-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks Shan. I can't quite believe that but thrilled just the same. I don't think I have ever won a challenge before. This thread has been very helpful so I am extremely grateful for the encouragement along the way and truly appreciate everyone here.

You rock, girl! Great job!

I am on like day 4 of some weird virus that give you sinus infection symptoms. Ugh. I am so depressed about not being able to exercise. I tried once, but I can't breathe and I start to get dizzy. Not fun. So, I am consoling myself by saying that at least housework burns some calories. I loooooooathe housework, but it needs to be done. My poor DH, yesterday was his B-day, and with me being sick he got absolutely nothing done for him. So, I told him that I want a do-over and I am having the kids make cards for him today and I am making some brownie bites (he hates cake, but loves brownies) cause I figure even I can have 1 or 2 little brownie bites. Plus, I think the little tray only makes like 8. So, there won't be any overeating for any of us. :) I started a wee blog on here a couple days ago, and I am excited about writing down my progress somewhere in internet-land, even if I am the only one who reads it. :lol:

Bigmid
09-04-2010, 12:18 AM
Hey everyone sorry I've been MIA the last couple days. I bought a new toy the iphone4 and am playing with it and still deciding if I should actually keep it or not.....don't really need it just always wanted one.

THERAPET - Congratulations on winning the BL title that's awesome great job.

Mercy03 - Hello

babygrant - are you feeling any better yet?

Aclai4067 - thanks for putting up the other threads keep on using them if they work for you.

Jennie527 - like shan said up to you what you want to do as far as WI I always try to have it close to my real weight as otherwise I feel I am cheating myself at the end of the challange for what I actually lost for the 13 weeks. But it is up to everyone individually the nice loss at the start is a great feeling. Whatever you decide welcome to the challange. Hope your feeling better soon.

shan - how is being back in SK and how is work going so far?

Well not much new with me I am not sure if I will have any type of loss this week I have been hungry all week so have been eating over my points everyday so far:( I need to lose 6lbs by October to make my RTG (meetings for work) goal.

Well have a great night everyone Hello to you all and sorry if I missed anyone.

shan84
09-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Bigmid- Like in SK is great. Just finished the first week of school. I have a super small class...only 6 kids. Plus I have an assistant...and this next Monday I am getting a student teacher for the whole year on Mondays only. I got soooo lucky with this new job its amazing! Life with the bf couldn't be any better. I feel like since coming back from the states our relationship is stronger than ever and now that we are kind of living together its even more amazing. We make a great team. :)

Aclai- How is the YMCA going in Nashville?

Terapet- So proud of all the hard work you accomplish this past challenge! Hooray for you!!

Jennie- Are you excited for the fall challenge? How are you preparing yourself, if you are doing anything extra?

Well, hope everyone has a great weekend and a great start to the new week. Life is good here in SK and I hope things just keep going in the direction they are going in!

~Shan

TERAPET
09-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Shan-Your new position sounds fantastic. I love little kids but sometimes they can be a handful. Sounds like you will have things well covered. How fortunate for both you and the little ones. How nice about the boyfriend also.

I am enjoying having my husband at home for the weekend. We went to a football game yesterday, out for dinner with friends last night and today our oldest and his girlfriend are coming over for low country boil. Lovin this three day weekend.

Jennie527
09-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Jennie- Are you excited for the fall challenge? How are you preparing yourself, if you are doing anything extra?

I am! I put together a little book and at the top of every page (every day is a new page), I put the number of days I have until our trip to CA, and I write in it all day. I, of course, write what I am eating, but I also write about how I am feeling, what is going on each day, etc. I am down 3 pounds this week. (I will definitely be updating my starting weight before the competition begins. I would feel like I was cheating if I didn't.) Finally, this morning I woke up feeling better than I did the morning before. I hope this means that I am on an upward swing with this virus that has kept me from exercising! I am so done with feeling like crap! I feel very accomplished though that I have stuck to my healthy eating and actually lost weight while sick. Unlike most people, I tend to gain weight when I am sick because I find eating comforting and I reach for comfort foods which, unfortunately, pack on the pounds for me!

Bigmid
09-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Hello everyone, I hope your having a great day......I know I am. Today started out with a 2lb loss for the week which puts me at normal on the Wii and my scale, I finished W6D3 of C25K 25 min straight running, and I am only 0.4lbs away from 70lbs lost. All is well.

Shan - glad you are enjoying being home and that you new job is working out so well. Glad things with the BF are so great too.

TERAPRT - I'm glad you get to spend some quality time with DH for the weekend

Jennie527 - Wow you sound very prepared for this challange.....best of luck to you on your journey.

Hello to everyone else and if we have some lurkers please feel free to join into the conversation. You don't need to do any personals (commenting on other peoples posts) just let us know who you are and how you are doing.

TERAPET
09-06-2010, 09:10 AM
I have not been eating well this weekend. Ugh. First and foremost, I need to ditch the alcohol. I am having Rolaids for breakfast! Ha,ha. I deserve an upset tummy. Never too late to get back in control though, so I guess that is what is on the agenda today. I also pulled something in my back at the Y yesterday so it looks like that will affect my plans for the day. Good bye ten mile run. Just kidding, the original plan was for a two mile jog and work in the yard. Maybe a short walk and keep hubby company while he works in the yard!

Thanks for all your inspiration ladies.

me4life
09-08-2010, 03:43 AM
morning all...i'm a very soon to be grandmother (again) expecting a new baby anytime. anyways, i've been in two challenges first one was great, the second not so but i'm not giving up yet

dayoneagain
09-09-2010, 06:05 AM
Looking forward to the challenge starting up soon! :D

dream710
09-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Hi everyone I'm Bridgette. I've done probably 3 or 4 challenges over the years although I didn't participate in the last one. I'm a calorie counter and avid exerciser. My goal this time around is to drop 15-20lbs.

shan84
09-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Hi all. Hope everyone is having a good week. All is well here in SK. I've been to the gym four days this week with the personal trainer for one hour/day. She is whooping my butt. I show up in my cute gym clothes and by the time I leave, I'm completely soaked and crying...haha. She is really pushing me hard this time around. I haven't really dropped any weight but you can see changes in my body with regard to muscle build up and inches are changing. Hoping to see the scale start dropping along with all of that. How is everyone else doing?

canadian mom
09-09-2010, 01:28 PM
I can't wait for the challenge to start. I did these challenges a few years ago and have put weight back on and am glad to see these are still going. I seem to push myself more when there is compition expecially on a team.

I did horrible with my eating this weekend adn am up 2 pounds. I will poast my starting weight on the 11 so it is more accurate.

Soon2BFitChick
09-09-2010, 01:56 PM
Hello ladies. I want to be excited and I am to be here. But we lost our little baby yesterday to a great aunt. So we can't adopt. Will try for another newborn after Nov. Pray for us a little please if you think about it.

Hiya to Bigmid, Mercy, babygrant, Ashley, Shan, Jennie (I've been here 5.5 yrs too! Scary! But they say you should never leave so I probably won't!).

Hiya to Terapet, dayone, dream, canadian mom, me4life (Yay for new baby! :bb: Congrats!)

Well, I'm looking forward to this challenge. I need to look again to see when it starts. Will try to come back to post again soon. Miss you guys! :(

Hugs, Selina :hug:

Bigmid
09-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Soon2BFitChick - I'm so sorry to hear about the baby I will pray for you to get another one in November. I hope you and your family adjust to the change in home and heart.

Well it has been quite on the boards I guess everyone is getting their life together before the next challange starts. For anyone who hasn't signed up yet you must do it soon. Only 1 day left.

Hello to everyone and I hope you all have a great day.

Mercy03
09-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Hello back Bigmid! and a big hello to real life again:(

Vacation was great! Wine, food,wine.Did I say wine? Amador county in cali was awesome,my sister lives 5 min from the vineyards,so the drinking was easy:D

I only gained 2 pounds so I am happy with that,I am sure I will work it off this weekend doing the yard in the 95 degree sauna that I live in.:D

Hope everyone is doing well,I will catch up on Sunday for the personals.

shan84
09-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Just a reminder sign up goes until September 12th before 11:59pm AST. If you need to update your starting weight please do so prior to that time if you want to. If you forget to post a starting weight, I can't place you on a team. Remember please! WOOHOO!! So excited to get this next challenge going!!!

Soon2be- I am so sorry to hear you lost the baby to the aunt. You guys are great parents and a great family and I hope you can get another child placed in your hearts and hands again soon.

Mercy- Glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation. And a 2lb gain is nothing!

Bigmid- The time is almost here! Woohoo for a new challenge!!!

I'm doing good here in SK. I weigh for the week tomorrow. Not expecting a whole lot because I went to the gym four times this week with my trainer (who has changed now to the owner of the gym) and she kicks my butt, but I'm gaining a lot of muscle and losing inches right now instead of lbs. Hope this changes soon...

Bigmid
09-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone,

Mercy - That's so good to only put on 2lbs on a vacation. I'm not sure but did you metion something about wine....lol

Shan - really pounds matter only in our heads......I would much rather be toning and losing inches as well. I love the new avatar you look great. I should really put one up myself.

Well this is it the last day until we are placed on teams.....like shan said if you need to alter your starting weight or to put one in for the first time please do it now.

I am very excited to do this again. My hope for this challange is to make it to goal. What does everyone else hope to do for this one?

Well off to Costco in an hour to get my contacts checked. I am trying bifocal ones and they are very weird to get used to. The close up is great but I can't see 2 feet in front of my face....lol I think I may need to try a bit stronger in the distance portion.

Have a great OP day everyone.

Aclai4067
09-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Hey Ladies. Not too on plan this week :/ but my parents came down to celebrate my birthday early this weekend and I got a bike! I took it out today and made it three miles. I wasn't too winded but my quads were screaming "what is this thing?!" I'm excited to start building up some confidence and stamina on it. For a long while I figured I'd wait until I was at or close to goal before getting a bicycle. But this bike had some reviews stating that it's good for bigger women. So I figured, if I want to complete a triathlon one day, why should I wait until I'm skinny to start building my foundation?

Mercy03
09-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Mercy - That's so good to only put on 2lbs on a vacation. I'm not sure but did you metion something about wine....lol

Smartas............................:D I'm am going to kick your butt this challenge:D

JackieHollow
09-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi All! I signed up for the Fall challenge, and I sooo can't wait!!!!!

shan84
09-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Reminder there is only two and a half more hours to sign up for the challenge!

inklestinkle
09-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Elise and this is at least my second or third try. I had lost over 20lb. last time but i have to start all over again because a little over a month ago I had my 5th baby. My goal is to lose over thirty lbs through strength training and cardio but I can't really diet because I'm breastfeeding. But that's not the only hurdle right now... My keyboard is broken so I'm hving to use my hubby's iPhone so please excuse the mispellings. ;) hopefully I can get it fixed soon so I can chat more. Can't wait to meet my team and get started!

babygrant
09-12-2010, 11:40 PM
babygrant - are you feeling any better yet?

Just saw this now. Thank you for asking about me. I am not feeling any better. :( Husband and I had our 8th wedding anniversary and my 29th birthday and I couldn't celebrate either. We had a little birthday party for me and I had to take a percoset and gravol and lay on the couch. It sucked. But I meet up with the surgeon on wednesday, so I hope to get some answers then.

shan84
09-13-2010, 12:03 AM
babygrant- Hope you feel better soon

Everyone else- Time's up! The sign up thread is now closed. You can look for your team's to be posted by Wednesday of this week. Cheers!

Bigmid
09-14-2010, 12:14 AM
Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been MIA on the thread and did not do personals for everyone. I have read everything and just want to give a warm welcome to everyone that is new to the challange or returning from a bit of time away.

Also a big hello to all our returning challange addicts:)

I am very excited for this one and look forward to meeting everyone on my team. We will knock this one out of the park.

babygrant - so sorry you are not feeling any better and I really hope that the surgeon can give you some answers. To bad you couldn't celebrate your birthday or your anniversary. Happy Belated Birthday though. :getwell::hug:

Mercy - :rofl: Bring it on.....I need the extra incentive:)

Shan - WooHoo here we go again, so excited.

Again a big :welcome: to everyone in the Fall Focus 2010 Challange.

Mercy03
09-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Well off to Costco in an hour to get my contacts checked. I am trying bifocal ones and they are very weird to get used to. The close up is great but I can't see 2 feet in front of my face....lol I think I may need to try a bit stronger in the distance portion.

Hey Jackie, I had the same problem with my contacts,so I tried mono- lenses.1 eye for long distance and the other is for reading,problem solved.Ask your optometrist about them.

Bigmid
09-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Hey Jackie, I had the same problem with my contacts,so I tried mono- lenses.1 eye for long distance and the other is for reading,problem solved.Ask your optometrist about them.

Thanks I have an appointment next month and I'll ask about mono lenses. I did get a different person the other day who was better and put me in a totally different pair of lenses and these ones are much better.